PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare- a personal perspective

killianr1
07-03-2014, 05:40 PM
I have an HSA (Health Savings Account). For those of you who may not be familiar, this is a savings account for pre-tax dollars to use on your personal health costs. Since the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), the following has occurred:

Co-pays have more than doubled
Supplements and vitamins are not covered at all
Certain prescribed drugs (like a testosterone) are not covered

So for me it costs more and covers less (using my own money)

Not a good trade off.

Matty
07-03-2014, 05:50 PM
The Republicans, who you speak so Ill of wanted to put forth health savings accounts. Just so you know.

Redrose
07-03-2014, 06:00 PM
The Republicans, who you speak so Ill of wanted to put forth health savings accounts. Just so you know.
Health savings accounts are fine, for many people, not for all. The ACA has upset everything in the healthcare system. Premiums, co-pays, prostheses, drugs, deductibles have all skyrocketed. Wait times are unacceptable, and dangerously long. Red tape is taking valuable time away from patient care. Limited medical care dollars are creating a rationing system, the very young and the very old are not seeing the best of our health care system. Treatments are being denied at an alarming rate, the appeals process is a farce. When you are ill, especially with a cancer, time is your enemy. It shouldn't be your government.

It made no sense from the beginning. There was no possible way adding 30-40 million people to the system, some with a pre-existing condition, many paying nothing in premiums in MEDICAID and expect the carriers to keep prices unchanged, now THAT is delusional.

exotix
07-03-2014, 06:05 PM
I have an HSA (Health Savings Account). For those of you who may not be familiar, this is a savings account for pre-tax dollars to use on your personal health costs. Since the implementation of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), the following has occurred:
Co-pays have more than doubled
Supplements and vitamins are not covered at all
Certain prescribed drugs (like a testosterone) are not covered
So for me it costs more and covers less (using my own money)

Not a good trade off.
Way back in November of 2009 was the first of many GOP filibusters, obstructions and extortion's that started with Obamacare ... and this is when they found out how to legislate as jihadists ...

What happened ?

Hint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vS6kIbJu64

Matty
07-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Health savings accounts are fine, for many people, not for all. The ACA has upset everything in the healthcare system. Premiums, co-pays, prostheses, drugs, deductibles have all skyrocketed. Wait times are unacceptable, and dangerously long. Red tape is taking valuable time away from patient care. Limited medical care dollars are creating a rationing system, the very young and the very old are not seeing the best of our health care system. Treatments are being denied at an alarming rate, the appeals process is a farce. When you are ill, especially with a cancer, time is your enemy. It shouldn't be your government.

It made no sense from the beginning. There was no possible way adding 30-40 million people to the system, some with a pre-existing condition, many paying nothing in premiums in MEDICAID and expect the carriers to keep prices unchanged, now THAT is delusional.
Give a great big shout out to all the Obama voters.

Professor Peabody
07-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Let me explain why the Democrats are up for another hammering like they got in 2010. I waited till the end of March to sign up for Obama Care, I had no choice. As of January 1st this year California cancelled it's Medically Indigent program. When I was hospitalized in 2013 the program was still in place, I provided them with all my income, assets and liabilities. They used a formula and came up a cost I could afford. Now if I don't have insurance I would be responsible for the whole amount. So I purchased an Obama Care plan. I live in the mountains and 45 miles from the flatlanders cities. We have a Hospital and three medical groups in the area, one large and two small. I checked and double checked to make sure the plan I chose was good at the Hospital AND the large medical group (more choices). From April first till now I've been paying my premium and decided the system must have settled down by now and made an appointment with the Big Medical Group. I met with the financial counselor, gave him all my insurance and personal info. He made an appointment for me with a doctor accepting new patients. The day of the appointment, I showed up with a bag of meds and vitamins in one hand and and the health history toilet paper form in the other. I was shown the door because as of 3 days before they no longer accept the plan I bought. The local Hospital accepts my plan but since 99% of the doctors that practice there and bill separately don't because they are large group Docs that no longer take the insurance I bought. If I was hospitalized in my local hospital, my Obama care insurance would cover the hospital cost, but I'd have to pay 50% of the doctors bill as they are "out of network". In order to switch to another plan I'll have to wait till November open enrollment and January 1st to use it while paying premiums on a plan I can't use. The next closest Hospital 45 miles away presents the exact same circumstances. No wonder the Republican stopped talking about Obama Care, they don't need to, it's a minefield of additional out of network costs that threatens to blow your wallet to pieces with one mis-step. Obama Care is going to destroy the Democrats in November.