PDA

View Full Version : Mad Baby.

Cthulhu
07-06-2014, 10:49 PM
For those with medical savvy. Please comment with wisdom.
Perianne Adelaide and any others with medical savvy please take a look. I noticed something amiss earlier today. Doesn't look like thrush or hand-foot-mouth. It just looks wrong. Currently, we have given baby pain reliever, rinsed area with salt, sent video to a pediatric dentist and awaiting word.

Cause for concern? Will be taking her to her Pediatrician tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y0nKv5RDXI&feature=youtu.be

Matty
07-06-2014, 10:56 PM
Aren't those teeth? Is she cutting teeth?

Cthulhu
07-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Aren't those teeth? Is she cutting teeth?

Yes, we know she is teething, it is the sores surrounding the area that has us concerned. Haven't ever seen that with any of the other three kids. It looks wrong.

Matty
07-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Okay I see them now. Especially on the upper right.

Dr. Who
07-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Probably nothing serious, but it could be herpes. See a doctor if the swelling is accompanied by fever, a swollen or red throat or tongue, a rash on the palms and soles of her feet, blisters or sores on the face or body, or white patches. It looks like she is cutting two teeth at once and that can cause a lot of inflammation and pain, however her gums are not blue, but blistering might be a sign of infection.

Adelaide
07-07-2014, 10:07 AM
This is probably a better question for fellow parents or grandparents, to be honest. My knowledge of dentition is literally limited to evolutionary biology. That said, though, I know that eruption cysts are fairly common and while they are usually blue that doesn't mean they are always going to be. Also, Dr. Who has a good theory - most infants/toddlers show signs of the herpes virus by the get of 2, I believe, since most people have it. Herpes simplex will not always limit itself to lips or fingers (most common areas) and it may mean that antivirals like Valtrex are needed. It could also just be a case of extreme irritation - even adults who have sore teeth or gums will use their tongue or fingers to further irritate the area often without realising.

The pediatrician will know best. But don't use any over the counter numbing agents without consulting the pharmacist - some contain an ingredient which is toxic to children.

Dark Mistress
07-07-2014, 11:46 AM
I took her in this morning and I didn't see my doc, but I saw the PA (who I happen to like much better than our normal MD) and he said he doesn't think it was infected. I still do, but it has begun to look better today. A cousin of mine said her baby got the herpes (cold sore variety) on her comes and you just have to wait it out until it passes. They can't prescribe anything for it.

Poor girl. My heart breaks for her.

PolWatch
07-07-2014, 12:28 PM
poor baby...poor mom & dad too...I can remember when mine was small...I'd sit in the rocker & cry with him....

Dark Mistress
07-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Yes, it hurts my heart so see them so miserable. I can only do so much to alleviate their suffering. I'd rather be the sick one.

Cthulhu
07-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Yes, it hurts my heart so see them so miserable. I can only do so much to alleviate their suffering. I'd rather be the sick one.

Well that makes one of us.

I would rather nobody be sick personally.

Dark Mistress
07-07-2014, 11:25 PM
Well that makes one of us.

I would rather nobody be sick personally.

You would. You're the worst sick kid to have in the house! Those children are way less whiny than their dad!:tongue: @Cthulhu (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=872)