PDA

View Full Version : UN Approves First Observers For Syria.....

MMC
04-14-2012, 05:26 PM
UNITED NATIONS (AP) — For the first time since the Syrian conflict began more than a year ago, the U.N. Security Council on Saturday united behind a legally binding resolution calling for violence to end immediately and peace talks to begin.
The resolution authorized the deployment of the first wave of U.N. military observers to monitor a fragile cease-fire between the Syrian government and opposition fighters.

The resolution calls for the deployment of an advance team of up to 30 unarmed military observers to initiate contacts with both sides and begin to report on whether there has been "a full cessation of armed violence in all its forms by all parties."

The council said it intends to immediately establish a larger U.N. supervision mission after consultations between Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the Syrian government.
Deployment of a larger force will be "subject to a sustained cessation of armed violence in all its forms by all parties."

The resolution was sponsored by the U.S., Britain, France, Germany, Portugal, Colombia and Morocco, the Arab representative on the 15-member council.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/un-approves-first-observers-syria-155715697.html

So much for the US staying out of Syria. Rice accuses Assad of the violence, while others already have reported that the Syrian Rebels had not cease-fired. The Russians have warned about trying to take this to any further steps. Plus at the Friends of Syria Meeting Clinton Admitted that the US was helping the Syrian Rebels evade capture.

If Obama asked Putin for time. Do you think he did so with our Allies? Especially over Syria? Until he can get past this election?

Peter1469
04-14-2012, 05:37 PM
I wonder what the Russian SoF troops are up to there....?

MMC
04-14-2012, 05:59 PM
I wonder what the Russian SoF troops are up to there....?

I thought they said they were there to help with the terrorists. Plus don't forget that Turkey and Syrian Troops have been getting into it too. Do you think the Russians are concerned if Turkey amps up things or gets involved? Both China and Russia won't back anymore Sanctions agaisnt Syria.

The rebels are not joined together. Which was one of Clintons concerns before anything else could go forward. So even if the Free Syrian Army stops their attacks. Doesn't mean any of the other Sunni Rebels will. Moreover Annan was saying that they could have some troops come in from the surrounding area that Assad would agree to. Wonder who he means?

Peter1469
04-14-2012, 06:21 PM
I thought the Russians were there to help the government.

MMC
04-14-2012, 06:35 PM
I thought the Russians were there to help the government.

Well, I took that as they were helping the government with the terrorists.

MMC
04-15-2012, 07:34 AM
Heya CL.....check out the play, Bro! :wink: Same with you Ramone.

MMC
04-15-2012, 09:09 AM
No Sooner did the UN says they were sending people.....and then the rebels began attacking again, this morning. Course they are saying Assad must keep to his word for the cease-fire.

ramone
04-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Yeah, we are going to be involved in this crap too. Policing the world seems to be our thing now days, just more money spent for nothing really. Nothing will change there and if it does a muslim run political state will emerge. I think this could be Obama's plan for the entire region.

MMC
04-15-2012, 09:37 AM
Certainly looks like the Sunni will end up getting another country.

MMC
04-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Susan Rice the US Ambassador to the UN.....continues to deny that the rebels are doing any attacking. As she called them Humanitarian Groups. Which was right after the Christians released their interview with the Press about the Sunni Killing and persecuting them. She continues to get outmanuevered and outplayed in the UN. Yet notice Obama hasn't shitcanned her azz.