PDA

View Full Version : Obama heads to Colorado: Top Democrats scatter

Mr. Mensch
07-08-2014, 02:51 PM
WASHINGTON — The biggest name in the Democratic Party plans to speak Wednesday at Denver's Cheesman Park, but President Barack Obama won't be sharing the stage with three Colorado Democrats now in the fight of their political careers.
Missing from the morning event — which is closed to the public but open to the media — will be U.S. Sen. Mark Udall, Gov. John Hickenlooper and Andrew Romanoff, the former state House speaker now running for a seat in Congress.
All three Democrats are locked in competitive elections this fall, but aides to each one said the boss won't be attending the event because of prior commitments. The White House said Obama would be talking about the economy and the president's efforts to shore up economic opportunity for the middle class.

http://www.denverpost.com/politics/ci_26104160/colorados-3-top-democrats-miss-obama-event-at

Barry has become a pariah in his own party.

momsapplepie
07-08-2014, 03:11 PM
rats jumping ship. no surprise. the uss obama is sinking like a rock!

Private Pickle
07-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Depends on who the Republican presidential nominees are....

PolWatch
07-08-2014, 04:42 PM
kinda like the GOP when Palin wants to talk about our North Korean allies?

Mainecoons
07-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Could you reference her doing so? Thanks.

PolWatch
07-08-2014, 05:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oEylpSsOsQ

hanger4
07-08-2014, 05:33 PM
kinda like the GOP when Palin wants to talk about our North Korean allies?Or Obama' 57 states or "Corpsman". Ya wanna play gaffes or discuss the OP ??

PolWatch
07-08-2014, 05:44 PM
the title of this thread is about dems scattering from appearing with Obama...which I thought was funny...but palin experiencing a hoof-in-mouth disease moment can't be laughed at? tsk, tsk

Mainecoons
07-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Well, since you didn't back up your accusation, I looked it up for you.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/24/sarah-palin-north-korea_n_788107.html

To be fair, the mistake appeared to be a case of a verbal stumble -- not actual confusion about which country she was supposed to support.

You're not off to a good start here.

PolWatch
07-08-2014, 05:56 PM
you didn't see the U-tube post? quick to complain?

PolWatch
07-08-2014, 05:57 PM
btw: SHE didn't correct her goof...until it was pointed out to her....

hanger4
07-08-2014, 06:00 PM
the title of this thread is about dems scattering from appearing with Obama...which I thought was funny...but palin experiencing a hoof-in-mouth disease moment can't be laughed at? tsk, tskSo the words scattering and gaffes are synonyms ?? Who knew ??

PolWatch
07-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Hear Ye, Hear Ye...since I have been alerted to the proclamation that Sarah Palin is the sacred cow of the GOP, I shall not laugh at her on this forum, no matter how many goofs she makes.....but know ye that I will be chuckling at her & Joe Biden in the privacy of my home...

zelmo1234
07-08-2014, 06:04 PM
the title of this thread is about dems scattering from appearing with Obama...which I thought was funny...but palin experiencing a hoof-in-mouth disease moment can't be laughed at? tsk, tsk

I have the first 50 states down, can you name the other 7?

Private Pickle
07-08-2014, 06:05 PM
I have the first 50 states down, can you name the other 7?

:owned:

Mainecoons
07-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Hear Ye, Hear Ye...since I have been alerted to the proclamation that Sarah Palin is the sacred cow of the GOP, I shall not laugh at her on this forum, no matter how many goofs she makes.....but know ye that I will be chuckling at her & Joe Biden in the privacy of my home...

No, I think the problem I see here with you is like the rest of the handful of partisan hacks we have here, your laughter is only for one side.

You might want to observe that all of them are not taken seriously here and decide whether or not you want to go down that road.

Huffington Post, which is quite liberal, seemed to understand that it was nothing more than a momentary gaff since she had correctly referred to SK and NK otherwise in that discussion. You on the other hand seem to want to beat it to death. That smells like partisan hacksmanship to me.