PDA

View Full Version : Obama Calls For Thorough and Vigorous Investigation of Secret Service.....

MMC
04-15-2012, 11:07 PM
CARTAGENA, Colombia - President Obama today called for a "thorough" and "rigorous" investigation following the scandal surrounding the Secret Service officials tasked with his protection.

"If it turns out that some of the allegations that have been made in the press are confirmed, then of course I'll be angry," he said.

"My attitude with respect to the Secret Service personnel is no different than I expect out of my delegation that's sitting here," Obama said at a joint press conference with President Juan Manuel Santos of Colombia.

"We're representing the people of the United States, and when we travel to another country I expect us to observe the highest standards because we're not just representing ourselves," he said. "We're here on behalf of our people and that means that we conduct ourselves with the utmost dignity and probity. And obviously what's been reported doesn't match up with those standards.".....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-calls-thorough-rigorous-investigation-secret-scandal-222815125--abc-news-politics.html
(http://news.yahoo.com/obama-calls-thorough-rigorous-investigation-secret-scandal-222815125--abc-news-politics.html)
Obama says he want a full investigation. Plus now the military will be involved with Charges of Misconduct with the Spec Ops.

Conley
04-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Good. There should be a thorough investigation into this.

MMC
04-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Yep, as the Repubs are calling for Congressionals on the issue to. I got a piece up by Issa who was on Face the Nation this morning.

MMC
04-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Issa is more than likely going to investigate this now. As some others in the GOP are calling for Congressional hearings. According to the one piece we have up on it. They were saying this happened before Obama arrived. The other piece was saying that the Colombian Police did not deal with the issue until Obama arrived.

Course one of the big issues for the Meeting was about Cuba joining the ranks with the rest of the S. American and Central Countries.

Conley
04-16-2012, 09:18 AM
I hope this doesn't turn into a partisan issue. It shouldn't have any reason to, but that doesn't stop these guys.

MMC
04-16-2012, 09:25 AM
I hope this doesn't turn into a partisan issue. It shouldn't have any reason to, but that doesn't stop these guys.

Well once he said something the Military says the Spec ops will be investigated for Official Misconduct. Which IMO is something more serious other than a curfew violation.

Plus I figure the Repubs will use it running into Obama's Election. Looking for any other bad news they can get. As you know the Neos and Southern Cons will be about making Obama look as bad as they can.

Conley
04-16-2012, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I suppose you're right. Makes me think there's just no hope for this country. It's not going to change...not until the whole system collapses.

MMC
04-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Yeah, I suppose you're right. Makes me think there's just no hope for this country. It's not going to change...not until the whole system collapses.

The way I feel about.....it is the left who has placed so much emphasis over the last 50 years on creating divisions in this country and targeting specific groups of people. They have always known that Conservatives make up 41% of the Electorate or more going back to Eisenhower's days. Now look they are dividing groups that are already divided.

The American People are being left with two different and choices over ideology. Brooks was noting that people will either have to accept the European model which is what the left is pushing for. Or they will have to take a stand against that model and go with the Republic and the Sovereignty of this Country.

Of course I don't like that BS about us and being perfect in the EYEs of the World. Or the Demo Pols playing on that image thuingy that they do. It's one thing liberals have in their makeup. Ego and just how good they look.

Alias
04-16-2012, 01:26 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/579585_268230619935821_100002466550267_515550_6991 57568_n.jpg

Alias
04-16-2012, 08:03 PM
I just read that GSA employees will face criminal charges. Secret Service and hookers, GSA throwing out money around.

Obama has to go.

Peter1469
04-16-2012, 08:08 PM
I wonder what criminal charges they have in mind for the GSA stooges.

Alias
04-16-2012, 08:10 PM
I wonder what criminal charges they have in mind for the GSA stooges.

I have no idea, but restitution should be part of it. We need to set an example here and they'll do.

MMC
04-16-2012, 08:19 PM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/jtGwBNErQvzny3U0qYFZlg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/theticket/clinton-dancing-afp.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/ShS_0uKfGnnIa4t.KoQsug--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/theticket/clinton-drinking-afp.jpg

Yes when Democrats are in power its all about the Party. Like Down in Colombia with the SOS Clinton. Which again this is not the first time for this sort of thing and Ladies night out in another Country. Spend spend spend. Then the proverbial, We will gladly pay you Next time we are in town. Then when collection time comes. Democrats always look for someone else to pay their bills.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/hillary-clinton-parties-colombia-photos-dancing-beer-slugging-142828267.html

Alias
04-16-2012, 08:27 PM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/jtGwBNErQvzny3U0qYFZlg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/theticket/clinton-dancing-afp.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/ShS_0uKfGnnIa4t.KoQsug--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/theticket/clinton-drinking-afp.jpg

Yes when Democrats are in power its all about the Party. Like Down in Colombia with the SOS Clinton. Which again this is not the first time for this sort of thing and Ladies night out in another Country. Spend spend spend. Then the proverbial, We will gladly pay you Next time we are in town. Then when collection time comes. Democrats always look for someone else to pay their bills.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/hillary-clinton-parties-colombia-photos-dancing-beer-slugging-142828267.html

Hillary knows Obama hasn't got a chance so she's gonna party until the end.

Peter1469
04-16-2012, 08:31 PM
I have no idea, but restitution should be part of it. We need to set an example here and they'll do.
Just saw on Drudge. Possible bribery charges.

I imagine that there could be some procurement integrity act violations as well.

Alias
04-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Just saw on Drudge. Possible bribery charges.

I imagine that there could be some procurement integrity act violations as well.

Pour it on 'em heavy. This is the kind of stuff the American people are angry about.

MMC
04-16-2012, 08:52 PM
Romney needs to hit on all of those plus loop back his SCOTUS remarks. Then harp on the money Obama threw to the Solar Companies that went out of buisness. Plus point out his lies concerning the Ryan Plan.

Issa won't let those in the GSA get away with that crap. So Obama will force those around him to take the appropriate measures.

MMC
04-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Pannetta has jumped on board going after the Military peeps. Saying the DOD will be looking into the matter. Althougth this morning this situation just got worse for the Secret Service. As now it is being brought out that these guys went to a strip club and brought the girls back to the hotel. Yet more importantly what those in the West are focusing upon. Is that some of the girls were underaged. According to how we would determine it.

As in Colombia Not much is said about teenage girls stripping and or prostituting themsleves out.

Vilifier of Zombies
04-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Who cares if some Secret Service and military guys go on a bender, hookers included?

I don't know about you fellas, but drinking and hookers go hand in hand in Columbia...I damn sure wouldn't trust the guys that'd go back to the hotel only to crack open a bible...

We've turned into a nation of prudes and hypocrites.

MMC
04-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Who cares if some Secret Service and military guys go on a bender, hookers included?

I don't know about you fellas, but drinking and hookers go hand in hand in Columbia...I damn sure wouldn't trust the guys that'd go back to the hotel only to crack open a bible...

We've turned into a nation of prudes and hypocrites.

Evidently Obama, Panetta, and Issa are. Is it okay for our guys to mess around with underaged girls too?

Vilifier of Zombies
04-17-2012, 01:26 PM
It's stupid is all...

Okay by some folks that the Secret Service and the military Presidential detail should be held to a higher standard, I don't think it's the end of the world or that John Q. Public should lose any sleep over whether or not the geeky AV dweeb went out and got himself a hooker while on TDY...

The media needs to find a way to police itself post haste before this type shit gets out of hand.

MMC
04-17-2012, 01:33 PM
It's stupid is all...

Okay by some folks that the Secret Service and the military Presidential detail should be held to a higher standard, I don't think it's the end of the world or that John Q. Public should lose any sleep over whether or not the geeky AV dweeb went out and got himself a hooker while on TDY...

The media needs to find a way to police itself post haste before this type shit gets out of hand.

So what type of issues should be reported on. Shit like the the Florida shooting? Or should they just be pointing out these things when Republicans are in Office? You know, make it simple kinda simple for them. Right?

Vilifier of Zombies
04-17-2012, 06:09 PM
So what type of issues should be reported on. Shit like the the Florida shooting? Or should they just be pointing out these things when Republicans are in Office? You know, make it simple kinda simple for them. Right?

It's not what they're reporting on but how...every nuanced non/semi quasi story has been getting blown out of proportion lately, how many people have been murdered since Zimmerman shot that kid? They're all for the most part, none stories on the national stage...interjecting something that'd polarize racial tensions - an election year - I don't even think we've even begun to bear the brunt of the full power of the media yet, I feel that it lacks all kinds of integrity, that it's less credible.

If the thinking is about Republican vs Democrat just because a Democrat was in office at the time then I can only imagine that politicizing what had happened will only backfire in a way that most people won't expect. I've known a few Secret Service guys for a long time now, one of 'em is even up there in the ole food chain, all of 'em that I know are about as conservative as it gets, I mean they're staunchly conservative, they'd make most tea baggers blush they're so conservative...doesn't mean they don't drink or haven't partook in the occasional hooker when they're traveling. I wouldn't for a second equate what they do in their off time as being relevant towards their political ideologies, if it does become about Republican vs Democrat, that if it's forced, a lot of people are gonna end up looking foolish.

You were in the Army, think of all the stupid shit that's gone on in the barracks after the end of day formation, think of all the joes that've went to the brothels in Germany for a power lunch - would that be any more or less scandalous? You ask me I think it's all a fuck'n distraction, it stopped being about current events or even entertainment awhile back.

MMC
04-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Yeah thats understandable. My only concern is that playing on how others see Americans. Still once the Media announced underage girls I figured we would hear more as the Republicans need any and all dirt they can use against Obama. But now of course Obama has spoken on that matter and Panetta has Jumped on Board. So he will be about making an example of some people.

MMC
04-17-2012, 06:25 PM
As for the shootings I know.....Check out Chicago's Stats on that.

Vilifier of Zombies
04-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Yeah thats understandable. My only concern is that playing on how others see Americans. Still once the Media announced underage girls I figured we would hear more as the Republicans need any and all dirt they can use against Obama. But now of course Obama has spoken on that matter and Panetta has Jumped on Board. So he will be about making an example of some people.

When talking about the age of consent, in Columbia it's fourteen...my question then is, is the media announcing our standards or those of the Columbians? If it's ours and not the Columbians, that if in Columbia they aren't exactly considered underage - a when in Rome train of thought - then it should just be buried under the rug, more so that prostitution in Columbia is legal.

MMC
04-17-2012, 07:21 PM
When talking about the age of consent, in Columbia it's fourteen...my question then is, is the media announcing our standards or those of the Columbians? If it's ours and not the Columbians, that if in Columbia they aren't exactly considered underage - a when in Rome train of thought - then it should just be buried under the rug, more so that prostitution in Columbia is legal.

Thats what i said in my post. #18.....

Pannetta has jumped on board going after the Military peeps. Saying the DOD will be looking into the matter. Althougth this morning this situation just got worse for the Secret Service. As now it is being brought out that these guys went to a strip club and brought the girls back to the hotel. Yet more importantly what those in the West are focusing upon. Is that some of the girls were underaged. According to how we would determine it.

As in Colombia Not much is said about teenage girls stripping and or prostituting themsleves out.

Vilifier of Zombies
04-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Thats what i said in my post. #18.....

Alright, it's politics as usual then, I still think we haven't even begun to see the worst of the media frenzy this election cycle has to offer, as soon as this episode fades away into obscurity, it'll only be replaced with something just as petty.

MMC
04-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Alright, it's politics as usual then, I still think we haven't even begun to see the worst of the media frenzy this election cycle has to offer, as soon as this episode fades away into obscurity, it'll only be replaced with something just as petty.

Of that we can be assured.