PDA

View Full Version : Talibans Strikes Across Afghanistan in Spring Offensive.....

MMC
04-16-2012, 08:48 AM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/59667000/gif/_59667780_afghan_kabulbombs_624.gif
Foreign embassies, Nato's HQ and the parliament were hit in the first major attack on Afghan capital in more than six months.
The attackers also struck in the provinces of Logar, Paktia and Nangarhar. The Taliban said it was the start of a "spring offensive".

Among Sunday's targets was the British embassy, with two rockets hitting a guard tower and a rocket-propelled grenade fired at a house used by British diplomats, but no staff were hurt, the Foreign Office later confirmed.

The Taliban listed as targets the German and British embassies, the Kabul Star hotel, the headquarters of the Nato-led international force (Isaf), and parliament house.

The list also included the ruined Darul Aman palace outside the capital.

A spokesman for the domestic security service, Lutfullah Mashal, said one of the targets was Afghan Vice-President Mohammad Karim Khalili.

Suicide bombers attacked a US air base near the eastern city of Jalalabad, capital of Nangarhar province.
The MP said it was clear an intelligence failure had occurred.....snip~

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17719956

Yesterday the Taliban Unleashed their Spring offensive. They attacked embassies and 3 other provinces. As well as an US Base. This was after Obama made he Consession to give the taliban the release of their prisoners and an Office set up in Qatar.
They also tried to get to the Afghan VP.

Conley
04-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Yep, once the snow melts it's game on for those guys. It doesn't look like their attacks were very effective. They only killed two members of the Afghan security forces.

MMC
04-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Plus the Afghan Taliban is blaming the Pakis' Taliban for these attacks. Now some feel this might push the US and Pakistan back to the Sabre-rattling. As Pakistann still has not open up those border crossings.

Which I don't know why Obama is putting up with that shiznit. As he knows our Troopers need those Supplies, and that what the Pakis are doing is costing us big time money. Which now all has gone silent on how much that cost is.

Peter1469
04-16-2012, 03:35 PM
The feel good story is that the Afghan security forces responded surprisingly well.

MMC
04-16-2012, 05:34 PM
The feel good story is that the Afghan security forces responded surprisingly well.

Would you say they responded well Pete? The Afghani MP thought it was a clear intel problem. Also do you think the Haqqani Taliban speaking up rioght away to say this was caused by the Pakis. Is some sort of message to us?

MMC
04-16-2012, 05:39 PM
How many say that Afghanistan is Obama's weakness in dealing with the enemy? Under this Adminstration did we not backtrack and then Negotiate with Terrorists releasing Taliban prisoners, plus are allowing the Taliban to set up shop in Qatar.

Peter1469
04-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Would you say they responded well Pete? The Afghani MP thought it was a clear intel problem. Also do you think the Haqqani Taliban speaking up rioght away to say this was caused by the Pakis. Is some sort of message to us?

It isn't the line troops fault that the intel weenies got caught off guard. The line troops reacted and did not run away.

MMC
04-16-2012, 05:47 PM
And that of the Haqqani setting out the Pakis Taliban? Or do you think this is distraction from themselves as being the player who kicked off this Offensive?

Peter1469
04-16-2012, 05:55 PM
I don't see anything unusual about the attacks. This seems to be status quo in Afghanistan (what we call that territory) for at least 3000 years.

MMC
04-16-2012, 06:01 PM
I don't see anything unusual about the attacks. This seems to be status quo in Afghanistan (what we call that territory) for at least 3000 years.

Oh Okay......thanks. Yes I am quite familar with the History of Afghanistan and most of the ME.