PDA

View Full Version : What’s your biggest problem with Sarah Palin?

McCool
07-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Thought I'd throw this poll out there since I'm still seeing some residual hate.

Chris
07-10-2014, 01:13 PM
http://i.snag.gy/znHTK.jpg She's not President

1751_Texan
07-10-2014, 01:15 PM
The biggest problem with Sarah Palin is that I will never get to bone her.

The Xl
07-10-2014, 01:15 PM
She's hot.

Oh, you said problem? Err....don't know or care, don't pay enough attention to her in that manner.

The Xl
07-10-2014, 01:16 PM
The bigest problem with Sarah Palin is that I will never get to bone her.

I echo similar sentiments.

Mr. Mensch
07-10-2014, 01:22 PM
I like her, but that nasal voice drives me insane.

IMPress Polly
07-10-2014, 01:26 PM
I think you forgot the most honest one: "She's a woman."

Progressives may not like her politics, but there's definitely more hostility toward female political opponents than to male ones in my observation. I don't hate Sarah Palin like many people do and I actually substantially agree with stances that she's voiced before on a couple of issues. For example, I agree with her calls for teachers to get pay raises and more leeway to teach, and her willingness to criticize Mitt Romney's business record at a time when such heathen 'idiocy' can get you all but expelled from the Republican Party. If one takes her economic views into account, she's not the most extreme Republican out there like she's often cast as being. Every once in a long while she'll say something I agree with simply because she's (kinda sorta) a real person. She's not stupid, she's just real. To that end, you'd be surprised how ignorant much of the American public is on whole a range of topics.

That said, I think it should be obvious that I'm not about to vote for her, given that her progressive side is the exception and her right wing side easily the rule, as we all well know.

Cigar
07-10-2014, 01:44 PM
I personally have no problems with she, I hope she never goes away.

She is, the face of the New Republican Party

Mr. Mensch
07-10-2014, 01:57 PM
I personally have no problems with she, I hope she never goes away.

She is, the face of the New Republican Party

Better than having to look at Hillary's ugly mug everyday.

Green Arrow
07-10-2014, 01:58 PM
I don't have any problems with her, I just would never vote for her. I think she is better suited to activism.

Mr. Mensch
07-10-2014, 02:00 PM
I don't have any problems with her, I just would never vote for her. I think she is better suited to activism.

I think that she realizes that too. Too bad that her critics haven't figured out that is what she is doing.

McCool
07-10-2014, 06:11 PM

Progressives may not like her politics, but there's definitely more hostility toward female political opponents than to male ones in my observation. I don't hate Sarah Palin like many people do and I actually substantially agree with stances that she's voiced before on a couple of issues. For example, I agree with her calls for teachers to get pay raises and more leeway to teach, and her willingness to criticize Mitt Romney's business record at a time when such heathen 'idiocy' can get you all but expelled from the Republican Party. If one takes her economic views into account, she's not the most extreme Republican out there like she's often cast as being. Every once in a long while she'll say something I agree with simply because she's (kinda sorta) a real person. She's not stupid, she's just real. To that end, you'd be surprised how ignorant much of the American public is on whole a range of topics.

That said, I think it should be obvious that I'm not about to vote for her, given that her progressive side is the exception and her right wing side easily the rule, as we all well know. Yeah, I don't know if that is the most honest option, but I agree that it could have been added.

Adelaide
07-10-2014, 06:54 PM

This is probably the best way to describe my feelings towards her. I do think, however, that some of the things she says are downright stupid but there are things every high profile person in politics says that I'd classify under "stupid". No one is immune to that, and largely it's part of being a public speaker - you're going to say at least a few things that go in the "stupid" category, especially if you're winging it.

darroll
07-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Her kids and the dems ruined her.

Cigar
07-10-2014, 08:23 PM
How the Fuck did she become Governor :laugh:

The Xl
07-10-2014, 08:26 PM

The same way Obama became President.

Common
07-10-2014, 10:07 PM
Sarah Palin was tortured by the media when it was announced she was going to be McCains VP. They not only tortured her but insulted her family. What they did to her was over the top and I truly felt badly for her.

When they lost the election, I understood her wanting payback. Now I think shes gotten her payback and she needs to go stick her head in an iceberg in alaska. Shes become a buffoon, makes ridiculous absurd statements and comments and laughs all the way to the bank. Ive had a bellyfull of her now and she needs to go away. Recent Polls show most americans feel the same way.

Green Arrow
07-10-2014, 10:52 PM
The same way Obama became President.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EEZrlTxdxPY/TfW9LIgh-QI/AAAAAAAABj0/RHzM5bUA6G4/s320/oh+snap+john+mcain.jpg

Don
07-10-2014, 11:08 PM
I voted "other."

I agree but she needs to educate herself a bit more. She means well but she can't say she stands for a constitutional republican form of government when she supports the likes of John McCain. She even came down here to Arizona to campaign for him in his last senate race against a real American. If she only did it to repay him for picking her as the veep in his presidential run then she is no different than any of the establishment insiders.

Redrose
07-11-2014, 01:28 AM

In an honest election...you know, the type of election the Democrats can never win.

GrassrootsConservative
07-11-2014, 01:48 AM

That said, I think it should be obvious that I'm not about to vote for her, given that her progressive side is the exception and her right wing side easily the rule, as we all well know.

That's true, most of the progressives that don't like her don't like her because they're sexist and don't like women.

Redrose
07-11-2014, 01:52 AM
I voted "other."

I agree but she needs to educate herself a bit more. She means well but she can't say she stands for a constitutional republican form of government when she supports the likes of John McCain. She even came down here to Arizona to campaign for him in his last senate race against a real American. If she only did it to repay him for picking her as the veep in his presidential run then she is no different than any of the establishment insiders.

I like Sarah Palin. We just saw her again last week. She's a powerful speaker. The left has done an excellent hatchet job on her. You can tell by the responses of those who say they like her, but criticize her knowledge and intellect. They believe the liberal lies Tina Fey spun. Palin has a northwestern regional accent and delivery. So what. The south has a drawl and the northeast has a hard sound, the west coast sounds stoned, and the northwest sounds hokey.
JFK's "pack the cah" Bostonian accent was fodder for comedians, as was Carters southern mumble and LBJ's Texas twang.
No one questioned their intellect based on their accent. She's a pretty woman and an easy target.

If Palin was a Democrat, they would be falling all over her, geez, she'd have a reality show. She's a strong, intelligent, successful, educated wife, mother, businesswoman and politician, just what the left worships in the war on women.
But because she has an "R" after her name, she's poison.

The left loves Nancy Pelosi, good grief, she's certifiable. Calling her loony is being too kind, and she's the Minority Leader in the House.

I find it baffling that people still wouldn't vote for Palin based on their opinion she's not educated or smart enough, when we've had almost six years of total incompetence with a man who had no experience running anything, had literally no Congressional record, and needed to use a teleprompter to give a speech and has spent his entire presidency tearing America down, rather than defending her and making her greater.

I'd take Palin over Obama any day, accent and all.

KC
07-11-2014, 01:53 AM
That's true, most of the progressives that don't like her don't like her because they're sexist and don't like women.

The same progressives who like liberal women like Elizabeth Warren? I think it's just partisanship.

GrassrootsConservative
07-11-2014, 02:25 AM
The same progressives who like liberal women like Elizabeth Warren? I think it's just partisanship.

Exactly. They like Liberal women. Other women? Not so much.

Libhater
07-11-2014, 06:23 AM

I might be so bold as to ask you just how satisfied you are with these past 5 1/2 years of pure progressivism by this administration. Highlight some of the more positive results of progressivism if you so choose.

Libhater
07-11-2014, 06:28 AM
Sarah Palin was tortured by the media when it was announced she was going to be McCains VP. They not only tortured her but insulted her family. What they did to her was over the top and I truly felt badly for her.

When they lost the election, I understood her wanting payback. Now I think shes gotten her payback and she needs to go stick her head in an iceberg in alaska. Shes become a buffoon, makes ridiculous absurd statements and comments and laughs all the way to the bank. Ive had a bellyfull of her now and she needs to go away. Recent Polls show most americans feel the same way.

I have yet to hear her say anything stupid. The late night shows dream up scenarios that do put a stupid label on her, but again, just like the I can see Russia from my back yard was a made up statement by the left.

Captain Obvious
07-11-2014, 06:48 AM
She's a fraud.

She's accomplished virtually nothing to be considered a player in the arena, she abandoned her Alaska voters, she really doesn't do anything except make inflammatory and ridiculous statements.

Oh wait, she's a little milfy for a 40+something year old.

IMPress Polly
07-11-2014, 06:56 AM
Libhater wrote:
I might be so bold as to ask you just how satisfied you are with these past 5 1/2 years of pure progressivism by this administration. Highlight some of the more positive results of progressivism if you so choose.

I've already done so vis-a-vis Obama's first term in office (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/10018-The-Ten-Best-and-Worst-Actions-of-Obama-s-First-Term) and will surely do so again vis-a-vis his second term when it's over. (At the link, you'll find a list of what I consider Obama's ten best and worst policy actions of his first term. As a retrospective edit to that list, item #9 on the good actions list should be eliminated. It never actually happened. I mistook something else for it.)

To add a numerical rating though, and one that's up to date, I'd give the Obama presidency so far a 4 out of 10 overall, which makes him one of our best presidents ever. I'd currently rank him the sixth best president in American history. (I'm a very critical person.)

zelmo1234
07-11-2014, 07:03 AM
I've already done so vis-a-vis Obama's first term in office (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/10018-The-Ten-Best-and-Worst-Actions-of-Obama-s-First-Term) and will surely do so again vis-a-vis his second term when it's over. (At the link, you'll find a list of what I consider Obama's ten best and worst policy actions of his first term. As a retrospective edit to that list, item #9 on the good actions list should be eliminated. It never actually happened. I mistook something else for it.)

To add a numerical rating though, and one that's up to date, I'd give the Obama presidency so far a 4 out of 10 overall, which makes him one of our best presidents ever. I'd currently rank him the sixth best president in American history. (I'm a very critical person.)

Polly I like that you did a list, but look at your list.

The agreement with Russia has been scraped, The equal pay is a shame, even in the Whitehouse, The ACA has been delayed by the president using EO

Iraq, we are heading back, GWB actually signed the GM Chrysler bailout

I think that you have to change the list!

How about a mid term update after this year?

IMPress Polly
07-11-2014, 07:26 AM
zelmo wrote:
The agreement with Russia has been scraped

First of all, got any sources on that? I haven't heard as much. (Though it's possible given the recent conflicts we've had with Russia.)

Secondly, the one you're referring to appeared on list of first-term accomplishments, not a list of second-term failings and revisions. I therefore stand by it regardless of whether the agreement has recently be "scraped".

The equal pay is a shame, even in the Whitehouse

I agree with you there. However, I also think it's notable that no other president has applied equal pay principles to the White House either. To do so would be revolutionary. Besides which it really like you're of the opinion here that I'm uncritically defending team Obama. I'm not. Never have.

The ACA has been delayed by the president using EO

No actually only certain parts of it were delayed in implementation. Much of the law is in effect right now.

Iraq, we are heading back, GWB actually signed the GM Chrysler bailout

Neither of those things is true in the sense that you're suggesting and you know it.

How about a mid term update after this year?

If there's enough demand for one.

zelmo1234
07-11-2014, 07:35 AM
First of all, got any sources on that? I haven't heard as much. (Though it's possible given the recent conflicts we've had with Russia.)

Secondly, the one you're referring to appeared on list of first-term accomplishments, not a list of second-term failings and revisions. I therefore stand by it regardless of whether the agreement has recently be "scraped".

I agree with you there. However, I also think it's notable that no other president has applied equal pay principles to the White House either. To do so would be revolutionary. Besides which it really like you're of the opinion here that I'm uncritically defending team Obama. I'm not. Never have.

No actually only certain parts of it were delayed in implementation. Much of the law is in effect right now.

Neither of those things is true in the sense that you're suggesting and you know it.

If there's enough demand for one.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16740.html

And your government is contacting contractors right now, and laying off military personnel that will need a job, many that are still in the middle east.

And trying to get them to work under the disguise of the Iraqi army being paid for by the USA!

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1208/16740.html

Bush signed the Auto bailuout!

Mainecoons
07-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Sarah Palin is just another talking head now. But, boy, she sure drives the lefties nuts. They can't stop ranting about her. :grin:

When you're in the talking head business, all publicity is good publicity. The more the left attacks her, the more attention she gets and money she makes.

Alyosha
07-11-2014, 09:23 AM
My biggest problem with her was that she quit her job as governor.

Green Arrow
07-11-2014, 09:57 AM
Exactly. They like Liberal women. Other women? Not so much.

And conservatives like you don't like liberal women. KC called it right, it's just partisanship.

Mainecoons
07-11-2014, 10:10 AM
My biggest problem with her was that she quit her job as governor.

Yup.

CreepyOldDude
07-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Thought I'd throw this poll out there since I'm still seeing some residual hate.

The first one, and not enough naked pictures.

CreepyOldDude
07-11-2014, 05:36 PM
In an honest election...you know, the type of election the Democrats can never win.

That's funny, considering how much time Republicans spend trying to keep poor people, black people, old people, and young people from voting.

Bob
07-11-2014, 06:29 PM

So was Obama when Green Arrow voted for him.

Bob
07-11-2014, 06:30 PM
That's funny, considering how much time Republicans spend trying to keep poor people, black people, old people, and young people from voting.

Where did you come up with that? The Democrats manifesto of lies?

Bob
07-11-2014, 06:35 PM

This is the same woman that started at the bottom level in her city on the council. Became so good she ended up as the Mayor of the small town. So respected she won the job of Governor.

Yeah, whereas Obama was a community organizer, she learned how to manage government by doing it.

By all accounts, she was a very good Governor.

Obama? Nah, never learned to govern.

By now, he should be able to govern. But he still divides. Governing is not dividing.

Bob
07-11-2014, 06:42 PM
This is probably the best way to describe my feelings towards her. I do think, however, that some of the things she says are downright stupid but there are things every high profile person in politics says that I'd classify under "stupid". No one is immune to that, and largely it's part of being a public speaker - you're going to say at least a few things that go in the "stupid" category, especially if you're winging it.

This is what happens when the public is swayed by the left wing media.

The left wingers scored a bullseye.

Rather than study her actual record in politics, the left wing media tricks is what is recalled and blamed on Sarah.

I ask you, once you prove to be a very good Governor, what difference does it make if the ride of Paul Revere told by her is not put the same way others put it?

She never said she could see Russia, but from Alaska, Russia can be seen.

Green Arrow
07-11-2014, 06:47 PM
So was Obama when @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868) voted for him.

I don't think Obama is suited for much of anything other than an orange jumpsuit.

Rebel Son
07-11-2014, 06:50 PM

How/why the fuck did your parents let you survive childbirth??

Dr. Who
07-11-2014, 09:22 PM
Stop the insults.

Common
07-11-2014, 09:25 PM
My biggest problem with Sarah Palin is shes sounds just as stupid and idiotic as my forum trolls.

sachem
07-11-2014, 09:31 PM
She is doing what she does best. Saying things that stir up the con base. She is a fundraiser. She appeals to a niche of the Republican/Tea party.

Common
07-11-2014, 09:32 PM
She is doing what she does best. Saying things that stir up the con base. She is a fundraiser. She appeals to a niche of the Republican/Tea party.

Correct and a select few of the small minds here on this forum

Bob
07-11-2014, 09:34 PM

So far, when I listen to her talk, she says pretty much the same thing. But I don't get the Sarah bashing given she is such an accomplished woman. Democrats would call it a war on women were she a Democrat. @sachem (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=974)

Sure, she appeals to people who actually read the constitution and want things to follow the constitution. That is what the tea party wants.

Green Arrow
07-11-2014, 09:36 PM
So far, when I listen to her talk, she says pretty much the same thing. But I don't get the Sarah bashing given she is such an accomplished woman. Democrats would call it a war on women were she a Democrat. @sachem (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=974)

Sure, she appeals to people who actually read the constitution and want things to follow the constitution. That is what the tea party wants.

How is she accomplished, exactly? I mean, she got elected governor, sure, but what did she do for the state of Alaska? She didn't even finish her term. She quit and then left to be a pundit.

sachem
07-11-2014, 09:41 PM

Sure, she appeals to people who actually read the constitution and want things to follow the constitution. That is what the tea party wants.She is/was a politician. So what? I don't dislike her. But I don't see anything extraordinary, either. She has every right to make her living as she does.

Bob
07-11-2014, 09:46 PM
How is she accomplished, exactly? I mean, she got elected governor, sure, but what did she do for the state of Alaska? She didn't even finish her term. She quit and then left to be a pundit.

I studied her whole career. I noticed the lies about her and did a lot of research. What she did for Alaska is still felt by the citizens though she left early. Some approved a non government official type (Obama) then question her bona fides. That makes no sense.

She took on oil companies and caused revenue to Alaska to increase. She added to the funds that citizens enjoy when they pay no income taxes. Tell me a governor that did that?

Coming from an admitted supporter of Obama (when she ran) it is funny you didn't ask what he had ever done. He did nothing for his state at all. Green Arrow

Bob
07-11-2014, 09:48 PM
She is/was a politician. So what? I don't dislike her. But I don't see anything extraordinary, either. She has every right to make her living as she does.

I wish Obama had stuck to his specialty too. I would think he should still organize communities.

I admire a woman that came up from the bush to take over a state and then get on the national stage to run for VP

That is special to me.

Green Arrow
07-11-2014, 09:49 PM
I studied her whole career. I noticed the lies about her and did a lot of research. What she did for Alaska is still felt by the citizens though she left early. Some approved a non government official type (Obama) then question her bona fides. That makes no sense.

She took on oil companies and caused revenue to Alaska to increase. She added to the funds that citizens enjoy when they pay no income taxes. Tell me a governor that did that?

Coming from an admitted supporter of Obama (when she ran) it is funny you didn't ask what he had ever done. He did nothing for his state at all. @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868)

I also supported Palin when she ran with McCain. Really, now you're just boring.

sachem
07-11-2014, 09:51 PM
I wish Obama had stuck to his specialty too. I would think he should still organize communities.

I admire a woman that came up from the bush to take over a state and then get on the national stage to run for VP

That is special to me.That is nice, Bob.

Common
07-11-2014, 09:52 PM

You ask hard questions Lol, I mean who could answer a question about ALL she accomplished.

Sarah Palin is all about money, she quit gov of alaska when she realized she could make more money being a Michelle Bachman Clone. As long as the media gives her attention for her outrageous claims and she gets paid, shes going to continue, cant really blame her for that

Common
07-11-2014, 09:55 PM

That is special to me.

What ? she had nothing to do with getting on the national stage and she did nothing to earn that spot. McCain picked her out of the blue because he wanted a female to enhance his candidacy, that failed as soon as Palin had two one on one interviews and it was a apparent she didnt know anything about anything.

Green Arrow
07-11-2014, 10:05 PM
You ask hard questions Lol, I mean who could answer a question about ALL she accomplished.

I would hope anyone who claimed she was very accomplished could answer that. Otherwise, they shouldn't be making such claims.

Redrose
07-11-2014, 10:57 PM
What ? she had nothing to do with getting on the national stage and she did nothing to earn that spot. McCain picked her out of the blue because he wanted a female to enhance his candidacy, that failed as soon as Palin had two one on one interviews and it was a apparent she didnt know anything about anything.

WRONG. Left wing propaganda. She was sabotaged. She has forgotten more than Obama ever knew. Couric asked Palin complex, difficult questions that required more time than a 20 second spot to answer properly, ex: what is your favorite SCOTUS decision and why? It was not one of the questions approved before the show. Palin was blindsided. She was the victim of typical, underhanded liberal dirty politics. If Couric had done that to Obama, the left would have dropped their spleen, and hung Couric out to dry.

In Obama's softball interview, Couric asks him about getting a dog for his girls if he wins. Wow, she gave him several minutes to bask in the joys of fatherhood, grinning and smiling the entire time, casual, friendly. No serious questions, just light, pandering, ass kissing. You see, the left realized BHO is rendered mute without a working teleprompter, so they had to give him softball questions to keep him from exposing his lack of knowledge.

In fact, McCain's numbers were waning, when Palin entered the scene, his numbers increased.

People were afraid to have her as #2. Fine. But that makes no sense when you see who they chose for #1 AND #2. Any criticism of Palin loses it's impact when you see the ineptness of Obama/Biden.

Green Arrow
07-11-2014, 11:05 PM
WRONG. Left wing propaganda. She was sabotaged. Couric asked her complex, difficult questions that required more time than a 20 second spot to answer properly, ex: what is your favorite SCOTUS decision and why? It was not one of the questions approved before the show. Palin was blindsided. She was the victim of typical, underhanded liberal dirty politics. If Couric had done that to Obama, the left would have dropped their spleen, and hung Couric out to dry.

In Obama's softball interview, Couric asks him about getting a dog for his girls if he wins. Wow, she gave him several minutes to bask in the joys of fatherhood, grinning and smiling the entire time, casual, friendly. No serious questions, just light, pandering, ass kissing. You see, the left knew BHO is rendered mute without a working teleprompter, so they had to give him softball questions to keep him from exposing his lack of knowledge.

Sorry, but I don't buy that criticism. She was running for Vice President. If she can't handle tough questions in a CAMPAIGN interview, how can she possibly be able to handle tough questions in Vice Presidential interviews, or gods forbid, tough questions from foreign dignitaries?

I'm not even remotely involved in a political office, and if you asked me out of the blue to name my favorite SCOTUS decision and why, my favorite newspaper and why, etc., I'd answer it without hesitation. She was a governor running for the Vice Presidency, she should be able to do better.

And before you say it, yes, I expect the same out of our current Vice President, Joe Gaffen.

Redrose
07-11-2014, 11:38 PM
Sorry, but I don't buy that criticism. She was running for Vice President. If she can't handle tough questions in a CAMPAIGN interview, how can she possibly be able to handle tough questions in Vice Presidential interviews, or gods forbid, tough questions from foreign dignitaries?

I'm not even remotely involved in a political office, and if you asked me out of the blue to name my favorite SCOTUS decision and why, my favorite newspaper and why, etc., I'd answer it without hesitation. She was a governor running for the Vice Presidency, she should be able to do better.

And before you say it, yes, I expect the same out of our current Vice President, Joe Gaffen.

But you apparently have no problem with the "dog" question and other softball questions asked of Obama and the way the drooling media protected him. We voters were not shown the real Obama. His lack of political knowledge, domestic and foreign was hidden from us. Because of the media's bias, we are now dealing with his bad decisions and ill conceived policies. Obama's failed policies are one thing, but his lack of honesty is very troubling. While we, as a nation, are dealing with a truth challenged president, I find the baseless criticism of Palin foolish.

I am very defensive of Palin. I've met her, I like her. She's genuine, not a phony politician. She answers your question in plain speak, not political double talk that avoids the answer like most politicians. I wouldn't be this defensive of her had Obama been measured with the same ruler. The double standard of the left and the media is sickening and does a disservice to the American voter.

Green Arrow
07-11-2014, 11:49 PM
But you apparently have no problem with the "dog" question and other softball questions asked of Obama and the way the drooling media protected him.

I don't? What gave you that silly idea?

*EDIT* And for the record, I met her and McCain both while working for their campaign in 2008.

GrassrootsConservative
07-11-2014, 11:54 PM
And conservatives like you don't like liberal women. @KC (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=423) called it right, it's just partisanship.

I like intelligent Liberal women just fine. The ones we've had on this forum have not been intelligent. Ravi, jillian, truthmatters, IMPress Polly. The only exception is @Chloe (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=565) , who I just noticed I haven't seen on in forever. You could look at all my posts and see I never had an unkind word to say to her. I actually really liked her a lot.

Redrose
07-11-2014, 11:56 PM

Sarah Palin is all about money, she quit gov of alaska when she realized she could make more money being a Michelle Bachman Clone. As long as the media gives her attention for her outrageous claims and she gets paid, shes going to continue, cant really blame her for that

WRONG. She left the governorship for one reason, to save Alaska money. When she lost the election in 2008, she returned to Alaska as Governor. But the left was not content that she lost, they wanted to destroy her. They kept filing frivolous law suits on her, which took her away from her duties. The law suits were aimed at her position as governor, so the state of Alaska was paying the legal bills. Take note, Palin won every case, because they were all baseless. All they did was keep her from performing her duties. So she decided to resign. The left still wasn't happy, so they started in on her personal life and family.
Palin realized she had an important Conservative voice, and made money using it. Good for her.

Remember this, Hillary got a $10 million dollar advance on one book. A lousy book too. Hillary earned $105 million dollars for 542 speeches. She's no stranger to making money either.

Green Arrow
07-11-2014, 11:59 PM
I like intelligent Liberal women just fine. The ones we've had on this forum have not been intelligent. Ravi, jillian, truthmatters, IMPress Polly. The only exception is @Chloe (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=565) , who I just noticed I haven't seen on in forever. You could look at all my posts and see I never had an unkind word to say to her. I actually really liked her a lot.

IMPress Polly is very smart. I believe Ravi and jillian were, too. Ravi was just here to troll conservatives and jillian constantly let her emotions get the better of her, however, so it didn't translate well. But yes, truthmatters (and junie, you forgot her) were not particularly intelligent.

Bob
07-12-2014, 12:04 AM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Redrose http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=685575#post685575)
WRONG. Left wing propaganda. She was sabotaged. Couric asked her complex, difficult questions that required more time than a 20 second spot to answer properly, ex: what is your favorite SCOTUS decision and why? It was not one of the questions approved before the show. Palin was blindsided. She was the victim of typical, underhanded liberal dirty politics. If Couric had done that to Obama, the left would have dropped their spleen, and hung Couric out to dry.

In Obama's softball interview, Couric asks him about getting a dog for his girls if he wins. Wow, she gave him several minutes to bask in the joys of fatherhood, grinning and smiling the entire time, casual, friendly. No serious questions, just light, pandering, ass kissing. You see, the left knew BHO is rendered mute without a working teleprompter, so they had to give him softball questions to keep him from exposing his lack of knowledge.

Couric was stupid. Nobody needs to hear any candidate talk about sotus decisions.

As Redrose says, Couric handed Softballs to her favorites then tried to use ambush tactics to ask nonsense questions.

Couric could have asked her about her job as governor. Couric aims were to try to make Palin look terrible.

Couric did not fool me but fooled some it seems.

Obama is awful as Redrose says when he does not have the teleprompter working.

Watch him fail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye4HXEXjjEg

And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exn3aYYwqOo

GrassrootsConservative
07-12-2014, 12:07 AM
IMPress Polly is very smart. I believe Ravi and jillian were, too. Ravi was just here to troll conservatives and jillian constantly let her emotions get the better of her, however, so it didn't translate well. But yes, truthmatters (and junie, you forgot her) were not particularly intelligent.

And strollingbones. It may just be that I don't like IMPress Polly because she has some racist tendencies, even if it's subconscious for her.

/Edit: You were thanked for your last sentence. I will never be convinced ravi and jillian were any smarter than cigar or exotix or any of those other fool trolls. They're all on the same level.

Bob
07-12-2014, 12:08 AM
WRONG. She left the governorship for one reason, to save Alaska money. When she lost the election in 2008, she returned to Alaska as Governor. But the left was not content that she lost, they wanted to destroy her. They kept filing frivolous law suits on her, which took her away from her duties. The law suits were aimed at her position as governor, so the state of Alaska was paying the legal bills. Take note, Palin won every case, because they were all baseless. All they did was keep her from performing her duties. So she decided to resign. The left still wasn't happy, so they started in on her personal life and family.
Palin realized she had an important Conservative voice, and made money using it. Good for her.

Remember this, Hillary got a $10 million dollar advance on one book. A lousy book too. Hillary earned $105 million dollars for 542 speeches. She's no stranger to making money either.

You again are proving to be on the top list of most honest posters.

Some can't stand her so trash her.

Thanks for saving me from telling that same story.

Well done. :smiley:

Green Arrow
07-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Couric was stupid. Nobody needs to hear any candidate talk about sotus decisions.

Bullshit. She was running to be Vice President of the United States. In such a position, she would be counseling McCain and serving as a check on his actions as President. I don't know about you, but I want everyone in a position to make or help make decisions for the nation to have a competent knowledge of the very office they hold.

As Redrose says, Couric handed Softballs to her favorites then tried to use ambush tactics to ask nonsense questions.

Couric could have asked her about her job as governor. Couric aims were to try to make Palin look terrible.

Well, it worked, and that was 100% Palin's fault. As the old saying goes, if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Couric did not fool me but fooled some it seems.

Obama is awful as @Redrose (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1123) says when he does not have the teleprompter working.

Watch him fail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye4HXEXjjEg

And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exn3aYYwqOo

You're off-topic. The topic is Palin, not Obama, and furthermore, I have never defended him.

Bob
07-12-2014, 12:11 AM
I don't? What gave you that silly idea?

*EDIT* And for the record, I met her and McCain both while working for their campaign in 2008.

You said you voted for Obama at that time.

What gives?

You stabbed her and McCain in their backs?

Redrose
07-12-2014, 12:12 AM
Green Arrow

Since you worked on the 2008 campaign for the GOP, why do you need to be told of her accomplishments?
Briefly, I'll address them. Under her direction, the economy of Alaska thrived. Every family in Alaska received a check, a dividend, from her successful control of Alaska's energy resources. She was Chairwoman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission. She did what a governor was supposed to do, help her state. She did very well.

McCain lost the election, not because of her. McCain was dull, redundant, old school DC. Palin was new blood, a strong, confident, successful woman. The left was terrified of her, which was proved by their relentless attacks on everything Palin.

Green Arrow
07-12-2014, 12:13 AM
You said you voted for Obama at that time.

What gives?

You stabbed her and McCain in their backs?

I worked for their campaign in 2008 and cast a protest vote for Obama in 2012. I didn't "stab them in the back" because I didn't have a personal relationship with them. My relationship with them was purely political.

Bob
07-12-2014, 12:17 AM
But you apparently have no problem with the "dog" question and other softball questions asked of Obama and the way the drooling media protected him. We voters were not shown the real Obama. His lack of political knowledge, domestic and foreign was hidden from us. Because of the media's bias, we are now dealing with his bad decisions and ill conceived policies. Obama's failed policies are one thing, but his lack of honesty is very troubling. While we, as a nation, are dealing with a truth challenged president, I find the baseless criticism of Palin foolish.

I am very defensive of Palin. I've met her, I like her. She's genuine, not a phony politician. She answers your question in plain speak, not political double talk that avoids the answer like most politicians. I wouldn't be this defensive of her had Obama been measured with the same ruler. The double standard of the left and the media is sickening and does a disservice to the American voter.

You are always right on.

i never met the woman but spotted the Couric set up the instant it took place.

I posted youtubes showing very stupid antics by Obama yet he gets called smart.

She is called stupid.

This sucks. It is pure partisan nonsense.

Bob
07-12-2014, 12:19 AM
I worked for their campaign in 2008 and cast a protest vote for Obama in 2012. I didn't "stab them in the back" because I didn't have a personal relationship with them. My relationship with them was purely political.

Okay, I will do my best to remember it that way.

Green Arrow
07-12-2014, 12:21 AM
@Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868)

Since you worked on the 2008 campaign for the GOP, why do you need to be told of her accomplishments?

I don't. I'm merely asking him to prove his assertions.

McCain lost the election, not because of her. McCain was dull, redundant, old school DC. Palin was new blood, a strong, confident, successful woman. The left was terrified of her, which was proved by their relentless attacks on everything Palin.

I don't disagree. It was partially McCain's fault, but it's also how elections tend to work in this country. The White House frequently switches parties every eight years. The only exceptions were the post-Civil War Reconstruction Era (Abe Lincoln's Vice President, then four Republican Presidents back-to-back), 1897-1913, because TR took over for McKinley when McKinley died and TR was so immensely popular that his chosen successor in Taft was a guarantee, with the same scenario repeated in 1921-1933, starting with Harding's death and Coolidge (as Harding's VP) taking over, Coolidge's popularity leading to Hoover's election. FDR served four successive terms because there were no term limits on the Presidency at the time and America was in the middle of its bloodiest war, and Truman was his VP. Same with Kennedy and LBJ.

So, in short, the only times the Presidency didn't switch parties every eight years was in times of war/national healing or the deaths/resignations of presidents.

Bob
07-12-2014, 12:24 AM
Bullshit. She was running to be Vice President of the United States. In such a position, she would be counseling McCain and serving as a check on his actions as President. I don't know about you, but I want everyone in a position to make or help make decisions for the nation to have a competent knowledge of the very office they hold.

Well, it worked, and that was 100% Palin's fault. As the old saying goes, if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

You're off-topic. The topic is Palin, not Obama, and furthermore, I have never defended him.

Part of the topic was looking stupid on camera and I have hoped at some point you might lash out at Obama and show how damned stupid that man is, using your own logic.

VPs don't need to know shit about a Court decision. They are not running for Attorney General, a VP understands the levers of Government. Palin clearly understands the functions of government.
Couric is the shits. She knew what she was up to. She no doubt tried to help Obama.

Republicans ought to vet those types. I would toss dog shit on Couric. She is a hack.

Redrose
07-12-2014, 12:26 AM
Green Arrow. Please forgive me, I don't mean to pick on your posts, but you seem to be extremely critical of Mrs. Palin, much more than someone who just didn't like how the GOP ran their campaign.

I'm critical of McCain, he ran a lack luster campaign, but I still approve of his politics.

You seem to be much too critical of Palin for someone who worked on her campaign. Looks like a 180 degree about face.

Bob
07-12-2014, 12:34 AM
I don't. I'm merely asking him to prove his assertions.

I don't disagree. It was partially McCain's fault, but it's also how elections tend to work in this country. The White House frequently switches parties every eight years. The only exceptions were the post-Civil War Reconstruction Era (Abe Lincoln's Vice President, then four Republican Presidents back-to-back), 1897-1913, because TR took over for McKinley when McKinley died and TR was so immensely popular that his chosen successor in Taft was a guarantee, with the same scenario repeated in 1921-1933, starting with Harding's death and Coolidge (as Harding's VP) taking over, Coolidge's popularity leading to Hoover's election. FDR served four successive terms because there were no term limits on the Presidency at the time and America was in the middle of its bloodiest war, and Truman was his VP. Same with Kennedy and LBJ.

So, in short, the only times the Presidency didn't switch parties every eight years was in times of war/national healing or the deaths/resignations of presidents.

Prove his assertions?

You claim you worked for the campaign and you don't know her strong points? Come on, you ought to be lecturing me on how good she is.

Most of your cliams are correct. I say most since FDR had several VPs. FDR was full off bull shit and the public was scared. Back then, the public actually believed he would put them to work.

I recall those days though. We had tons of Hobos roaming all over. They were legends at the time.

When the founders started, the presidents did not announce they were running. They did not run. The people who backed them did the running for them. It took time to change things.

I hope your prediction turns out and we get rid of Obama and his party.

Bob
07-12-2014, 12:35 AM
@Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868). Please forgive me, I don't mean to pick on your posts, but you seem to be extremely critical of Mrs. Palin, much more than someone who just didn't like how the GOP ran their campaign.

I'm critical of McCain, he ran a lack luster campaign, but I still approve of his politics.

You seem to be much too critical of Palin for someone who worked on her campaign. Looks like a 180 degree about face.

i noticed that a lot too.

Bob
07-12-2014, 12:39 AM

Briefly, I'll address them. Under her direction, the economy of Alaska thrived. Every family in Alaska received a check, a dividend, from her successful control of Alaska's energy resources. She was Chairwoman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission. She did what a governor was supposed to do, help her state. She did very well.

My take on McCain is if that was all the republicans had, I had to vote for him.

Why?

I was damned smart to realize what Obama was.

Part of it was he had zero experience. Had Couric asked him hardball questions, he would flunk. He flunked on Letterman but the media kept that on the qt.

Bob
07-12-2014, 12:45 AM
I also supported Palin when she ran with McCain. Really, now you're just boring.

I never worked for Palin yet you say you did but you don't understand her accomplishments.

Imagine It was me telling you I worked for her but had no idea what she did very well.

Fucking amazing lad.

You put your foot in your own mouth.

Green Arrow
07-12-2014, 12:47 AM
@Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868). Please forgive me, I don't mean to pick on your posts, but you seem to be extremely critical of Mrs. Palin, much more than someone who just didn't like how the GOP ran their campaign.

I voted for "I have no problems with Sarah Palin" in the poll and spent my first several posts complimenting her. I don't agree with her on everything, however, and in fact, these days I don't agree with her much at all. My politics have evolved since then. I still maintain that she is a good person and intelligent, and that she is a strong and powerful activist. That doesn't mean I can't also criticize her when I believe she is in the wrong. I love Ron Paul to death, I consider him my political mentor and the inspiration for my political awakening, but even he doesn't get off scott-free from criticism when we disagree.

Green Arrow
07-12-2014, 12:52 AM
Part of the topic was looking stupid on camera and I have hoped at some point you might lash out at Obama and show how damned stupid that man is, using your own logic.

It's irrelevant to the topic. I have never complimented or defended Obama and the topic was not about Obama, it was about Palin. You may find it necessary to constantly talk about Obama in every topic, much like our Democratic colleagues on this forum incessantly whine about Bush, but I am not obsessed with any politician. I don't feel it necessary to talk about a politician in a topic that is unrelated to them.

Start a topic about Obama's inability to speak without his handlers feeding him his speech through a teleprompter and I would be more than happy to tell you exactly what I think about his speaking "ability" there.

VPs don't need to know shit about a Court decision. They are not running for Attorney General, a VP understands the levers of Government. Palin clearly understands the functions of government.

Agree to disagree, I guess. This is an odd statement coming from someone who demands that we all elect a governor as President for their "experience." Do you think governors are ignorant of their state supreme court decisions?

Couric is the shits. She knew what she was up to. She no doubt tried to help Obama.

Again, this is all highly irrelevant. Whether or not she would give the same tough questions to candidates she favored does not change the fact that they were legitimate questions, and Palin should have been able to answer them if she wanted to be Vice President.

Republicans ought to vet those types.

In other words, Republicans should only put their candidates in front of the press that they have in their pockets. How like a Democrat you sound.

I would toss dog shit on Couric. She is a hack.

What disgusting filth, Bob. You ought to be ashamed for that. I dislike Ann Coulter even more than you dislike Katie Couric, and I would never say something so vulgar about her.

Green Arrow
07-12-2014, 12:54 AM
I never worked for Palin yet you say you did but you don't understand her accomplishments.

Imagine It was me telling you I worked for her but had no idea what she did very well.

Fucking amazing lad.

You put your foot in your own mouth.

Yeah, okay, we're done here. I'm not playing this game with you anymore. You can go play with yourself, I'll continue to discuss the issue with more rational minds like Redrose.

Redrose
07-12-2014, 01:19 AM
I voted for "I have no problems with Sarah Palin" in the poll and spent my first several posts complimenting her. I don't agree with her on everything, however, and in fact, these days I don't agree with her much at all. My politics have evolved since then. I still maintain that she is a good person and intelligent, and that she is a strong and powerful activist. That doesn't mean I can't also criticize her when I believe she is in the wrong. I love Ron Paul to death, I consider him my political mentor and the inspiration for my political awakening, but even he doesn't get off scott-free from criticism when we disagree. @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868)
Thank you so much for giving me an honest answer. It's refreshing to debate issues civilly. If we all agreed on everything it would be a very boring world. I don't agree 100% with Palin or any politician for that matter. I wish I could roll up Bill Clinton, Romney, Palin, Ron Paul and Ben Carson into one great politician. I like each one for very different reasons.

I think our presidential elections have gotten more contemptuous, and aggressive because of our access to 24/7 news and information. My political memory goes back to the fifties. People listened to the news at supper time. Then switched off to watch entertainment TV. If the Dem won OK, no biggie. Same if the GOP won. The difference was there between the parties, but their performance, good or bad, was barely felt on the personal level.
It's very different today. The differences between the two major parties are profound. Two very different ideologies clashing. People are more aware of the differences due to the media. Emotions run high.
Thank you again for the back and forth on this topic. I appreciate it.

Green Arrow
07-12-2014, 01:34 AM
Thank you so much for giving me an honest answer. It's refreshing to debate issues civilly. If we all agreed on everything it would be a very boring world. I don't agree 100% with Palin or any politician for that matter. I wish I could roll up Bill Clinton, Romney, Palin, Ron Paul and Ben Carson into one great politician. I like each one for very different reasons.

I think our presidential elections have gotten more contemptuous, and aggressive because of our access to 24/7 news and information. My political memory goes back to the fifties. People listened to the news at supper time. Then switched off to watch entertainment TV. If the Dem won OK, no biggie. Same if the GOP won. The difference was there between the parties, but their performance, good or bad, was barely felt on the personal level.
It's very different today. The differences between the two major parties are profound. Two very different ideologies clashing. People are more aware of the differences due to the media. Emotions run high.

I started getting involved in politics in 2004, writing little anti-Kerry songs and poems and distributing them around town (with my parents' support and help, of course). I was only 13, but I busted my little butt for Bush in the only way I knew how. I spent eight years, from 2004 to 2012, working for Republicans and the Republican party. After 2008 I started going libertarian, hence my support (and respect) for Ron Paul, but I still supported the GOP. To this day, and four years of being eligible to vote, I've voted for about eight Republicans and two Democrats.

All of this to say that, having worked on the inside, I agree with what you've said. I watched the level of political discourse deteriorate from Bush to Obama. The Bush-Kerry campaign was classy. I still respect President Bush, he has always had a very good and friendly attitude, even toward his political enemies. That all started to change in 2008 and it only got worse in 2012. This election cycle has been particularly depressing, and 2016 won't be much better.

The key is to rise above it and maintain decent discourse. The attacks on Mrs. Palin's family were unconscionable. But, to be fair, so are attacks on President Obama's family. Family should always be kept out of it. I don't approve of the attacks on Sarah Palin's family any more than I approve of calling Mrs. Obama "Moochelle" or mocking her weight and physical appearance. I don't like Bob's filthy and vulgar statement that he "would toss dog shit on Couric." I strongly dislike Ann Coulter, and even recently, I slipped and made fun of her physical appearance and called her "Man Coulter." Then a friend PM'd me and said that it wasn't like me to say something so mean, and I realized my mistake. I haven't done it since, and I'd like it if everyone would return to the civil, classy political discussion like what we are having.

Thank you, Redrose, for your kindness and respect.

Redrose
07-12-2014, 02:07 AM
Green Arrow
One final comment. I am guilty of letting my political frustration get the better of me. I made an unkind comment about Michelle Obama's build a few days ago. I had been at a Tea Party event with Sarah Palin and Janine Pirro, Lt. Col. Allen West and Rob Santorum. These events always have "plants" trouble makers from the opposition. Some very disgusting comments were made about us, as TPers and Palin and Pirro, while praising M.O. saying neither lady could hold a candle to her, she is classy, they are sluts and a lot of very descriptive four letter words, if you know what I mean. They were thrown out, but their words left an indelible mark on me. I was angry, very angry. Those comments were unnecessary and unprovoked. I took my temper out on this site. I'm sick of the ugly personal attacks on conservative women especially. You are right, politics has never been this filthy. No one benefits from that.
Good night.

Green Arrow
07-12-2014, 02:09 AM
One final comment. I am guilty of letting my political frustration get the better of me. I made an unkind comment about Michelle Obama's build a few days ago. I had been at a Tea Party event with Sarah Palin and Janine Pirro, Lt. Col. Allen West and Rob Santorum. These events always have "plants" trouble makers from the opposition. Some very disgusting comments were made about us, as TPers and Palin and Pirro, while praising M.O. saying neither lady could hold a candle to her, she is classy, they are sluts and a lot of very descriptive four letter words, if you know what I mean. They were thrown out, but their words left an indelible mark on me. I was angry, very angry. Those comments were unnecessary and unprovoked. I took my temper out on this site. I'm sick of the ugly personal attacks on conservative women especially. You are right, politics has never been this filthy. No one benefits from that.
Good night.

I agree 100%, and if I had been there, I would have had some choice words for those idiots.

Good night to you, too :)

Bob
07-12-2014, 02:16 AM
Good night.

Thank you for being on this forum. I appreciate your remarks.

Bob
07-12-2014, 02:19 AM

i take part in this and thank you as well.

Bob
07-12-2014, 02:21 AM
Yeah, okay, we're done here. I'm not playing this game with you anymore. You can go play with yourself, I'll continue to discuss the issue with more rational minds like @Redrose (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1123).

Redrose appreciates me a hell of a lot.

You don't have a problem lashing out. I did not lash out at you. I figured since you worked for her you knew her accomplishments. The game was when you Green Arrow insisted I had to defend her accomplishments.

Green Arrow
07-12-2014, 02:25 AM
Redrose appreciates me a hell of a lot.

You don't have a problem lashing out. I did not lash out at you. I figured since you worked for her you knew her accomplishments. The game was when you @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868) insisted I had to defend her accomplishments.

No, Bob. As usual, you are framing the debate in your own special way. What I really did was ask you to defend your own assertion that she was "very accomplished." I'm asking you to defend your argument, not her accomplishments. I know her accomplishments, I want to know how much you know, since you constantly act like the Forum's Smartest Poster.

Bob
07-12-2014, 02:37 AM
I voted for "I have no problems with Sarah Palin" in the poll and spent my first several posts complimenting her. I don't agree with her on everything, however, and in fact, these days I don't agree with her much at all. My politics have evolved since then. I still maintain that she is a good person and intelligent, and that she is a strong and powerful activist. That doesn't mean I can't also criticize her when I believe she is in the wrong. I love Ron Paul to death, I consider him my political mentor and the inspiration for my political awakening, but even he doesn't get off scott-free from criticism when we disagree.

You are smarter than Ron Paul I suppose. As you were concerning McCain and Palin when you told the GOP to fuck off.
I did not say it, you said it.
I remind you that Paul is a Republican as well.

I like the man. I can't support him this moment because he has never governed.

I would not have done well with my men's fast pitch softball team had I picked players who had never played.

I knew nothing about baseball other than what most fans know.

I had to figure out a way to come out on top of the game super fast.

Why tell this story?

I was so deeply involved in men fast pitch softball I took a team to the 2nd place finish in the USA. This is what Palin did. She came in 2nd place.

When it comes to taking an organization from the bottom to the top, I think i have plenty to offer forums.

I did it in real estate. I took a grubby office of half a dozen people and we shot up like a rocket. Sales soared.

Anyway, to learn to own the team and make it win, I learned what the players knew. I was not nearly as good at the game as they were, but I peppered them with questions. I had to learn how to cause a team to win.

My first team played pretty well and was called a very good team. Something was missing. I hooked up a new team and we took off. By the 3rd season, we owned California. We beat the hell out of all of our competition.

Had we not played 5 full games on our last day, I remain persuaded my team was better than was Illinois team. We beat the shit out of them on game 4 that day. (my team played 35 innings of very high quality soft ball that same day and were beat by fatigue)

I took a look at Palin and spotted a gem. She managed to take what little she had and convert from housewife to council member then up to mayor then Governor. She had to learn a hell of a lot doing that much for a long time.

Anyway, you still carry a tagline proudly of a socialist.

You might as well post swear words as a tag line.

Bob
07-12-2014, 02:38 AM
No, Bob. As usual, you are framing the debate in your own special way. What I really did was ask you to defend your own assertion that she was "very accomplished." I'm asking you to defend your argument, not her accomplishments. I know her accomplishments, I want to know how much you know, since you constantly act like the Forum's Smartest Poster.

It is not an act.

Bob
07-12-2014, 02:43 AM
Several things piss off posters when it happens.

I have dated women all the time that could have been in playboy magazine. They drew terrible envy from other women. I saw men slobber all over them trying to pull them away from me.

Same things happens with smarts too.

A person happens to have the blessings of good genes and gets hammered for being smart.

I seen it happen a hell of a lot.

I tried to call Green Arrow son to show him my praise of him. But then I read this pissy stuff.

I can't win no matter how well I treat the lad.

I have put myself on the limb by telling him that at his age, I was very far behind him since I did not give a damn about politics at that time. My interests were many things but not who some politician is.

I told him he is super advanced for his age.

Well, maybe I should not compliment him. I don't know what to do to help the lad.

Green Arrow
07-12-2014, 02:43 AM
You are smarter than Ron Paul I suppose.

Show me where I ever said that.

Anyway, you still carry a tagline proudly of a socialist.

You might as well post swear words as a tag line.

1) Emerson was not a socialist.
2) I'll have whatever tagline I want, thank you very much.

Green Arrow
07-12-2014, 02:44 AM
It is not an act.

Well, at least you're finally being honest.

Bob
07-12-2014, 02:45 AM
Well, at least you're finally being honest.

I always have been super honest.

Green Arrow
07-12-2014, 02:46 AM
Several things piss off posters when it happens.

I have dated women all the time that could have been in playboy magazine. They drew terrible envy from other women. I saw men slobber all over them trying to pull them away from me.

Same things happens with smarts too.

A person happens to have the blessings of good genes and gets hammered for being smart.

I seen it happen a hell of a lot.

I tried to call @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868) son to show him my praise of him. But then I read this pissy stuff.

I can't win no matter how well I treat the lad.

I have put myself on the limb by telling him that at his age, I was very far behind him since I did not give a damn about politics at that time. My interests were many things but not who some politician is.

I told him he is super advanced for his age.

Well, maybe I should not compliment him. I don't know what to do to help the lad.

You could start by approaching me as an equal instead of treating me like I am beneath you. Calling me your "pencil" and tossing aside my arguments in favor of quips about my age is fucking disrespectful, and it doesn't make me want to listen to a damn word you say. Acting high and mighty as if you are the (self-admitted) smartest person on the forum doesn't make ANYONE want to listen to what you have to say. Nobody likes arrogance.

Bob
07-12-2014, 02:47 AM
Show me where I ever said that.

There you go again. You telegraph your beliefs.

1) Emerson was not a socialist.
2) I'll have whatever tagline I want, thank you very much.

i was so used to the Debs one that I admit I had not noticed you changed it. Cancel my comment.

Bob
07-12-2014, 02:49 AM
You could start by approaching me as an equal instead of treating me like I am beneath you. Calling me your "pencil" and tossing aside my arguments in favor of quips about my age is fucking disrespectful, and it doesn't make me want to listen to a damn word you say. Acting high and mighty as if you are the (self-admitted) smartest person on the forum doesn't make ANYONE want to listen to what you have to say. Nobody likes arrogance.

Tell you what. Show me the path. When you do, so shall I. Do you intend to speak for you or for the entire forum?

By the way, I have never said to you that you are less than equal. I am not one bit high and mighty. My genes were lucky so far as I am concerned. My eyes are that special blue Alyosha loves too. I am lucky is all. Had she liked brown eyes, I would be shit out of luck. She is smart. i don't resent her sassy way.

Green Arrow
07-12-2014, 02:51 AM
There you go again. You telegraph your beliefs.

I'm still waiting for you to show me where I ever said I was smarter than Ron Paul.

Bob
07-12-2014, 02:53 AM
I'm still waiting for you to show me where I ever said I was smarter than Ron Paul.

Do you not understand the term "suppose"? Re read please. Maybe you think you are dumber than he is. Is that what you wish me to tell you?

Green Arrow
07-12-2014, 02:59 AM
Tell you what. Show me the path. When you do, so shall I. Do you intend to speak for you or for the entire forum?

By the way, I have never said to you that you are less than equal. I am not one bit high and mighty. My genes were lucky so far as I am concerned. My eyes are that special blue Alyosha loves too. I am lucky is all. Had she liked brown eyes, I would be shit out of luck. She is smart. i don't resent her sassy way.

You don't have to say it for it to be an impression that you give, Bob. Calling people your "pencils" for you to "sharpen" automatically creates an image of you as high and mighty and all-intelligent, far above us lowly "pencils," that need a guiding hand to move us. You portray yourself as almost god-like on a constant basis, and it's rude. That may not be your intent, but it's what you do. Everything about you is "super tactful," "super honest," "super intelligent," "good genes," "smartest guy on the forum."

You want to know the path? It's very simple: stop talking about my age. Pretend you don't even know my age at all, and have only my arguments to rely on. Debate my arguments. Don't just tell me I'm wrong, show me. In the Keystone thread, I told you that I did not think a source from the company who is building Keystone is any more valid for the facts about Keystone than a website I created that says I'm right about everything would be valid for the facts of my own arguments. IF your position is the correct one (and this goes for everyone, myself included, not just you), then you should be able to find a non-biased, third party source. I would not go to the White House website or Obama's personal website to look up facts about Obama's performance as President, but neither would I go to Fox News or some GOP website for it. I would find a third party, non-biased source to tell me those facts, because that's the only place that can be trusted for facts.

Green Arrow
07-12-2014, 02:59 AM
Do you not understand the term "suppose"? Re read please. Maybe you think you are dumber than he is. Is that what you wish me to tell you?

No, I wish for you to leave any mention of me out of our discussions completely, and just discuss my arguments.

Green Arrow
07-12-2014, 03:07 AM
At any rate, Bob, I've more than clearly explained how I want you to address me. If you can't handle showing a bit of respect, then tomorrow I'll just put you on ignore and we'll deal with it that way. I leave you the night to consider my offer of peace, as it's 4 AM here and I have things to do tomorrow.

Bob
07-12-2014, 03:11 AM
No, I wish for you to leave any mention of me out of our discussions completely, and just discuss my arguments.

Does this mean you intend to not tell me I am full of bull shit? Consider this my offer of peace as you requested in the last post you made... not this post

Bob
07-12-2014, 03:12 AM
At any rate, @Bob (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1013), I've more than clearly explained how I want you to address me. If you can't handle showing a bit of respect, then tomorrow I'll just put you on ignore and we'll deal with it that way. I leave you the night to consider my offer of peace, as it's 4 AM here and I have things to do tomorrow.

You won't catch me posting at 4 AM.

Sure, I am a super peace loving person. We will get along super well.

Mainecoons
07-12-2014, 09:34 AM
Is Sarah a POTUS yet so that we can validly compare her to Mr. Obama?

Alyosha
07-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Republicans ought to vet those types. I would toss dog shit on Couric. She is a hack.

That's kind of filthy isn't it? :huh: