PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck suggests immigrants are humans, right wingers lose their minds

Cigar
07-10-2014, 02:49 PM
I like to visit Drudge Report a few times a week just to see what the crazies are thinking. After all, knowing the enemy is important right? Anyway, one of the links hidden towards the bottom was titled "Glenn Beck to bring soccer balls, teddy bears to border...". The link led to Breitbart (a cesspool, mind you) where I see a quote from Glenn Beck saying that we need to "open our hearts" to the immigrants. This seems like a rational and human thing to say, correct? Knowing how the American Right operates I figured the comments section would be a gold mine. Or is trash bin more appropriate?

You see, Glenn Beck made a huge mistake. He forgot that his fans see immigrants as pests, vermin. They aren't human like you and I - No, they are brown and primarily speak Spanish. They don't deserve food or shelter because that will just make them come back for more like the rats they are! Let's take a look at what made the conservatives so angry:

“We’re going to fill some tractor-trailers with food, with water,” Beck said. “The churches have asked us if we could bring teddy bears and soccer balls, so we’ve loaded up a whole tractor-trailer of nothing but teddy bears and soccer balls. And then I’m going to go serve breakfast and lunch, and I’m going to help unload these trucks, hot meals for 3,000. That’s what we’re doing.”Hey, that's actually a nice thing and I do sincerely applaud Mr. Beck for doing this. So of course, his fans are not so happy. Let's see just a couple highly rated comments on the Breitbart article:
I say Bull butter on this article , Glenn Did Not say this ./;Yes, he's doing something good and humane! He's suggesting that people living outside of the US should be treated like human beings! Surely our leader would never stoop so low? The LAMESTREAM Communist media must be making this up. Denial is the first step, right?

It appears he has totally lost his mind in the last year or so. We need to open our hearts? To reinforce this behavior and these policies?Yeah, THIS is where he lost his mind! How dare he treat these people like they're...well...people!

Why doesnt he go ahead and take them all home like nancy pelosi wants to?I thought conservatives wanted them out of the country? I'm getting mixed signals.

Glenn Beck is nothing more than a Tool of the Obama Admin, CIA & NWO (New World Order) - I NEVER Trusted this CREEP!What happened to the conservatives in this country? Anyone who dares to offer these people a friendly hand rather than pointing a gun at them is suddenly a "tool" of a shadow government and a traitor to the cause.Glenn Beck will surely lose the respect and support of many people today. His crime was not hating hard enough. That is the state of the American Right in 2014.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/07/09/1312778/-Glenn-Beck-suggests-immigrants-are-humans-right-wingers-lose-their-minds?detail=email#

Cigar
07-10-2014, 02:59 PM
This is the type of think the will eventually sink the Republican Party.

We're talking Children

Everyone one of them is getting detained by Boarder Security
Everyone of them is housed in a secured faclity
Everyone of them will be reviewed by a Federal Judge

But the Good Old Family Values Folks keep shooting themselves in the Foot with their own Mouths

Way to go Glen ... you're Human after all

The Sage of Main Street
07-10-2014, 03:37 PM
I like to visit Drudge Report a few times a week just to see what the crazies are thinking. After all, knowing the enemy is important right? Anyway, one of the links hidden towards the bottom was titled "Glenn Beck to bring soccer balls, teddy bears to border...". The link led to Breitbart (a cesspool, mind you) where I see a quote from Glenn Beck saying that we need to "open our hearts" to the immigrants. This seems like a rational and human thing to say, correct? Knowing how the American Right operates I figured the comments section would be a gold mine. Or is trash bin more appropriate?

You see, Glenn Beck made a huge mistake. He forgot that his fans see immigrants as pests, vermin. They aren't human like you and I - No, they are brown and primarily speak Spanish. They don't deserve food or shelter because that will just make them come back for more like the rats they are! Let's take a look at what made the conservatives so angry:
“We’re going to fill some tractor-trailers with food, with water,” Beck said. “The churches have asked us if we could bring teddy bears and soccer balls, so we’ve loaded up a whole tractor-trailer of nothing but teddy bears and soccer balls. And then I’m going to go serve breakfast and lunch, and I’m going to help unload these trucks, hot meals for 3,000. That’s what we’re doing.”
Hey, that's actually a nice thing and I do sincerely applaud Mr. Beck for doing this. So of course, his fans are not so happy. Let's see just a couple highly rated comments on the Breitbart article:
I say Bull butter on this article , Glenn Did Not say this ./;
Yes, he's doing something good and humane! He's suggesting that people living outside of the US should be treated like human beings! Surely our leader would never stoop so low? The LAMESTREAM Communist media must be making this up. Denial is the first step, right?
It appears he has totally lost his mind in the last year or so. We need to open our hearts? To reinforce this behavior and these policies?
Yeah, THIS is where he lost his mind! How dare he treat these people like they're...well...people!
Why doesnt he go ahead and take them all home like nancy pelosi wants to?
I thought conservatives wanted them out of the country? I'm getting mixed signals.
Glenn Beck is nothing more than a Tool of the Obama Admin, CIA & NWO (New World Order) - I NEVER Trusted this CREEP!
What happened to the conservatives in this country? Anyone who dares to offer these people a friendly hand rather than pointing a gun at them is suddenly a "tool" of a shadow government and a traitor to the cause.Glenn Beck will surely lose the respect and support of many people today. His crime was not hating hard enough. That is the state of the American Right in 2014.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/07/09/1312778/-Glenn-Beck-suggests-immigrants-are-humans-right-wingers-lose-their-minds?detail=email#
Glenn Beckerwood also threatened to burn the American flag, so his support of this immigration cheap-labor scam fits in with the delirium tremens drooling and sputtering this dry drunk indulges in while broadcasting.

GrassrootsConservative
07-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Imagine the outrage from the unscientific left if he had suggested fetuses are humans.

Green Arrow
07-10-2014, 03:49 PM
I've always liked Glenn Beck, to a certain degree. I think what he is doing is a very good thing. He's stripped politics out of the equation, as he should. It's a shame his critics on both sides can't do the same.

Common Sense
07-10-2014, 04:04 PM
I've always liked Glenn Beck, to a certain degree. I think what he is doing is a very good thing. He's stripped politics out of the equation, as he should. It's a shame his critics on both sides can't do the same.

Are we talking about the same guy?

Green Arrow
07-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Are we talking about the same guy?

The guy that os saying we need to treat these children like children and not like animals? That's the Glenn Beck I'm talking about.

Common Sense
07-10-2014, 04:11 PM
The guy that os saying we need to treat these children like children and not like animals? That's the Glenn Beck I'm talking about.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. He may have tempered a bit and on some issues, but I think he's a clown. He's just reinvented the shock jock persona for politics.

Green Arrow
07-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. He may have tempered a bit and on some issues, but I think he's a clown. He's just reinvented the shock jock persona for politics.

He has had some pretty extreme moments, but overall I'd say he's a far better individual than a Rush Limbaugh, who I think is the real shock jock.

Mainecoons
07-10-2014, 04:44 PM

I'd be willing to bet you haven't read even a small fraction of what Beck has to say and instead are just parroting what you are told to by your far left sources.

You sure hate free speech that doesn't agree with yours, that definitely comes in loud and clear. You're a good liberal.

McCool
07-10-2014, 06:16 PM

“We’re going to fill some tractor-trailers with food, with water,” Beck said. “The churches have asked us if we could bring teddy bears and soccer balls, so we’ve loaded up a whole tractor-trailer of nothing but teddy bears and soccer balls. And then I’m going to go serve breakfast and lunch, and I’m going to help unload these trucks, hot meals for 3,000. That’s what we’re doing.”
Hey, that's actually a nice thing and I do sincerely applaud Mr. Beck for doing this. So of course, his fans are not so happy. Let's see just a couple highly rated comments on the Breitbart article:
I say Bull butter on this article , Glenn Did Not say this ./;
Yes, he's doing something good and humane! He's suggesting that people living outside of the US should be treated like human beings! Surely our leader would never stoop so low? The LAMESTREAM Communist media must be making this up. Denial is the first step, right?
It appears he has totally lost his mind in the last year or so. We need to open our hearts? To reinforce this behavior and these policies?
Yeah, THIS is where he lost his mind! How dare he treat these people like they're...well...people!
Why doesnt he go ahead and take them all home like nancy pelosi wants to?
I thought conservatives wanted them out of the country? I'm getting mixed signals.
Glenn Beck is nothing more than a Tool of the Obama Admin, CIA & NWO (New World Order) - I NEVER Trusted this CREEP!
What happened to the conservatives in this country? Anyone who dares to offer these people a friendly hand rather than pointing a gun at them is suddenly a "tool" of a shadow government and a traitor to the cause.Glenn Beck will surely lose the respect and support of many people today. His crime was not hating hard enough. That is the state of the American Right in 2014.

I want these fellow human beings to go back to the end of the line and follow my wife's example. She's getting her citizenship the correct and lawful way. They need to do the same.

The Xl
07-10-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm with Beck here.

A lot of conservatives are heartless towards illegal immigrants, and that bothers me, especially and specifically when it comes to the children and the adults that were brought here against their will.

Morality aside, cons are going to lose votes with this strong rhetoric.

PolWatch
07-10-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm not a member of any political party...I'm socially liberal, financially conservative (whatever that makes me). The louder & more hateful the right sounds, the less I'm willing to listen. Someone started a thread here saying the left will win because they are relentless...but if they win its because the right turned so many people off with their hateful remarks. Who would think it appropriate to attack someone who makes the observation that even if they are illegal, some of those immigrants are innocent children?

The Xl
07-10-2014, 06:42 PM
The right will make progress when they abandon the deportation angle. It's not going to happen.

Common Sense
07-10-2014, 07:28 PM
I'd be willing to bet you haven't read even a small fraction of what Beck has to say and instead are just parroting what you are told to by your far left sources.

You sure hate free speech that doesn't agree with yours, that definitely comes in loud and clear. You're a good liberal.

WTF are you prattling on about? I'm familiar with the man and his work...and where the fuck did call for anyone to be silenced?

You're a good...well whatever the fuck you are, you excel at this sort of nonsense.

Blackrook
07-11-2014, 08:02 AM
No one ever said the children are not human beings. The question is, whether they should be allowed to stay in the United States. Since they came here illegally, the answer should clearly be "no". Our nation does not have infinite resources to care for the poor of the entire world who want to break down our gates and come here illegally. The children should be returned to their parents in their countries of origin, not resettled here, where they are orphans.

Captain Obvious
07-11-2014, 08:03 AM
I believe we should be taking care of children in need.

Let's start with our citizens first though.

Common
07-11-2014, 08:07 AM
No one ever said the children are not human beings. The question is, whether they should be allowed to stay in the United States. Since they came here illegally, the answer should clearly be "no". Our nation does not have infinite resources to care for the poor of the entire world who want to break down our gates and come here illegally. The children should be returned to their parents in their countries of origin, not resettled here, where they are orphans.

I agree if we allow them to stay thats a big billboard all over the world send us whatever ya got we will pay to raise them, feed them, educate them, pay for their healthcare and give them no interest loans to open business's

We cant afford this anymore it has to stop. We have too many americans that need now. The party at the border has to end

Common
07-11-2014, 08:08 AM
I believe we should be taking care of children in need.

Let's start with our citizens first though.

There ya go cap that is exactly my position

Mainecoons
07-11-2014, 08:09 AM
WTF are you prattling on about? I'm familiar with the man and his work...and where the fuck did call for anyone to be silenced?

You're a good...well whatever the fuck you are, you excel at this sort of nonsense.

You're familiar? What does that mean. Your posting makes it pretty clear you haven't a clue about the man. You just parrot the hate you've been taught because you're not bright enough to check things out on your own.

Common Sense
07-11-2014, 08:47 AM
You're familiar? What does that mean. Your posting makes it pretty clear you haven't a clue about the man. You just parrot the hate you've been taught because you're not bright enough to check things out on your own.

Get a grip...Beck is pretty prolific. I've listened to him, read his words, have seen him on TV...

“You know, it took me about a year to start hating the 9/11 victims’ families. It took me about a year. Just like, oh, shut up. I’m so sick of them because they’re always complaining. [...] I didn’t think I could hate victims faster than the 9/11 victims.”
– Sept. 9, 2005

“They [Democrats in Congress] believe in communism. They believe and have called for a revolution. You’re going to have to shoot them in the head. But warning, they may shoot you.”
– June 9, 2010

He's a self professed rodeo clown. And again, show me where I have called for anyone to be silenced?

Cigar
07-11-2014, 08:50 AM
I think they like Rodeo Clowns, just look at the last two GOP Debates :laugh:

Mainecoons
07-11-2014, 08:52 AM
Who inserted the words "Democrats in Congress?"

That's two quotes. That all you read?

When you attack AMERICANS, which you ain't, with the kind of vitriol common to you lefties, that is trying to silence people. Why don't you attack the words and not the man?

I'm glad he's bugging the shit out of you.

The Sage of Main Street
07-11-2014, 09:06 AM
The louder & more hateful the right sounds, the less I'm willing to listen. Someone started a thread here saying the left will win because they are relentless...but if they win it's because the right turned so many people off with their hateful remarks. Who would think it appropriate to attack someone who makes the observation that even if they are illegal, some of those immigrants are innocent children?

They'll disprove their innocence when they turn into gang members in a few years.

Common Sense
07-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Who inserted the words "Democrats in Congress?"

That's two quotes. That all you read?

When you attack AMERICANS, which you ain't, with the kind of vitriol common to you lefties, that is trying to silence people. Why don't you attack the words and not the man?

I'm glad he's bugging the shit out of you.

Two quotes are just examples...did you want a huge diatribe?

He doesn't bug me..I just think he's a loon.

Criticizing people for the dumb shit they say isn't trying to silence them? For fucks sake...get a grip on reality.

Why are you so angry all the time?

Mainecoons
07-11-2014, 10:52 AM
When someone doesn't bug someone, they are rarely motivated to dump vitriol on them the way you do Beck.

Your own words make a liar of you.

Common Sense
07-11-2014, 10:55 AM
When someone doesn't bug someone, they are rarely motivated to dump vitriol on them the way you do Beck.

Your own words make a liar of you.

That's a load...I can't make a comment about someone without them bugging me?

I think he's a clown...so what? It doesn't keep me up at night. Sorry to disappoint, but neither you nor he "bug" me. You both make me laugh with your hysteria and hyperbole...but you don't bug me. I enjoy both of your antics.