PDA

View Full Version : Professor Richard Neustadt

Bob
07-12-2014, 02:03 AM
One of my books that I study is by Professor Richard Neustadt.

He advised a number of presidents. And advised just Democrat presidents.

I should then of course dismiss him, right?

Actually his books are quite good.

Some here who wish to understand presidential authority would be well advised to study his books.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/03/us/richard-e-neustadt-historian-dies-84-studied-power-advised-three-presidents.html

Richard E. Neustadt, Historian, Dies at 84; Studied Power and Advised Three Presidents
By THOMAS J. LUECK
Published: November 3, 2003

[*=center]

Richard E. Neustadt, the White House adviser, historian and authority on presidential power, died on Friday in England. He was 84.
His death was reported by a spokesman for the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard, for which Mr. Neustadt was a founding faculty member and had served as professor emeritus since 1989, The Associated Press reported.
Mr. Neustadt was an adviser to Presidents Harry S. Truman, John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson, and wrote many books on the presidency. His scholarship became a staple of research for several decades for students of government and even some elected officials.
''Professor Neustadt spent a lifetime advancing the public understanding of the American presidency,'' former President Bill Clinton said in a statement. ''I am grateful for the friendship and wise counsel he gave to me.''