PDA

View Full Version : immigration courts

Common
07-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Admittedly this is one aspect of immigration I didnt give any thought to.

5 things to know about immigration courts
An overlooked element in the immigration debate is the nation's Immigration Court system, where many of the newly arrived migrants will have their cases resolved. Here are key facts about the court system and its struggles:
OVERFLOWING CASELOAD
The number of immigrants with cases before the immigration courts has jumped 7 percent since October to more than 375,000, the agency's highest caseload to date. The number of cases before the immigration courts rose by 23,000 during the previous fiscal year.
WAIT TIMES
The average time a pending case has been before the immigration courts is now 587 days, which is about 19 months, according to the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse at Syracuse University. Immigration lawyers say getting a hearing can take much longer than that. For example, in Los Angeles, the average time a case has been before the immigration court is more than two years, data show.

COURT LOCATIONS
The country has 59 immigration courts overseen by the U.S. Department of Justice. Some are inside detention centers, while others deal with immigrants who are not detained. The states with the biggest immigration caseloads are California, New York and Texas.
DEPORTATION VERSUS RELIEF
Immigration judges decided more than 140,000 initial cases during the 2013 fiscal year, which doesn't include cases reopened or returned on appeal. More than two-thirds of the immigrants were ordered deported, while about 17 percent qualified for relief. Four years earlier, about 82 percent of the initial cases decided by the courts ended in deportation, according to agency statistics.
NATIONALITIES
The top five countries of origin of immigrants with initial cases decided by the court during the 2013 fiscal year were Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and China, according to the Justice Department's Executive Office for Immigration Review.

NATIONALITIES
The top five countries of origin of immigrants with initial cases decided by the court during the 2013 fiscal year were Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and China, according to the Justice Department's Executive Office for Immigration Review.

Bob
07-12-2014, 09:31 PM
If they carried a pistola and some pot in the lunch box, Obama would care enough to drive out the invaders.

hanger4
07-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Reckon how many show up 1 - 2 or 3 years later ??

hanger4
07-13-2014, 07:36 AM
Common ??

exotix
07-13-2014, 08:33 AM
Obama's Fault ... http://i57.tinypic.com/103zu5g.gif

hanger4
07-13-2014, 08:38 AM
Obama's Fault ... http://i57.tinypic.com/103zu5g.gifSarcasm ??

exotix
07-13-2014, 08:50 AM
Sarcasm ??
Not at all ... Less Govt. means paying congressional conservatives your taxes to do nothing except sue Obama for trying to do something ... http://i57.tinypic.com/103zu5g.gif

Peter1469
07-13-2014, 09:59 AM
Not at all ... Less Govt. means paying congressional conservatives your taxes to do nothing except sue Obama for trying to do something ... http://i57.tinypic.com/103zu5g.gif

Less government would work if the government didn't take on too many burdens. If we make government smaller for instance, laws should change to reflect that. Immediate deportation for all non-citizens. Appeal from your home country, of wherever- just not here, and our immigration court will get to you when we get to you.

What we have now is insanity. We don't want to pay for more (smart), but we catch and release and expect the illegals to show up to court a year later (stupid).

exotix
07-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Less government would work if the government didn't take on too many burdens. If we make government smaller for instance, laws should change to reflect that. Immediate deportation for all non-citizens. Appeal from your home country, of wherever- just not here, and our immigration court will get to you when we get to you.

What we have now is insanity. We don't want to pay for more (smart), but we catch and release and expect the illegals to show up to court a year later (stupid).
I'm merely staying that you pay conservatives to do nothing (with the exception of treachery that costs America dearly) ... otherwise you would be giddy about all their (legislative) accomplishments.

Chris
07-13-2014, 10:28 AM
I'm merely staying that you pay conservatives to do nothing (with the exception of treachery that costs America dearly) ... otherwise you would be giddy about all their (legislative) accomplishments.

If we had smaller government we'd actually pay them less to do less.

Peter1469
07-13-2014, 10:42 AM
Doing nothing is preferred to increasing the nanny state. Unless you really need cradle to grave government assistance. :smiley:

Chris
07-13-2014, 10:46 AM
Come to think about it, I'd gladly pay politicians a whole lot more to do a whole lot less!

exotix
07-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Doing nothing is preferred to increasing the nanny state. Unless you really need cradle to grave government assistance. :smiley:
You pay conservatives to do nothing ... in other words ... they take money from you, and disperse it amongst themselves ... that sounds like Soviet-Style collectivism.

Chris
07-13-2014, 10:57 AM
You pay conservatives to do nothing ... in other words ... they take money from you, and disperse it amongst themselves ... that sounds like Soviet-Style collectivism.

If that were true then it's be a cinch to do that with liberals. --Oh, wait, they already do that, sorry.

hanger4
07-13-2014, 11:02 AM
exotix what has you last three post got to do with ''immigration courts'' ?? That is the threads topic ya know.

exotix
07-13-2014, 11:03 AM
If that were true then it's be a cinch to do that with liberals. --Oh, wait, they already do that, sorry.
Notice how it took Bush and the neocons 7 years to bankrupt then collapse the economy ... that took communism 70 years ... yes, in 7 years Bush and the neocons created the greatest transference of wealth to the wealthy in all of mankind ... simply to create debt and grinding poverty ...

Again, you pay todays' conservatism to keep it that way.

exotix
07-13-2014, 11:11 AM
@exotix (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=516) what has you last three post got to do with ''immigration courts'' ?? That is the threads topic ya know.
Easy ... educate yourself on conservative immigration reform.

Chris
07-13-2014, 11:13 AM
Notice how it took Bush and the neocons 7 years to bankrupt then collapse the economy ... that took communism 70 years ... yes, in 7 years Bush and the neocons created the greatest transference of wealth to the wealthy in all of mankind ... simply to create debt and grinding poverty ...

Again, you pay todays' conservatism to keep it that way.

That collapse started with FDR's creation of Fannie Mae. EiIther learn some history or open both eyes.

Chris
07-13-2014, 11:14 AM
exotix what has you last three post got to do with ''immigration courts'' ?? That is the threads topic ya know.

Sorry, followed her distraction. :-(

exotix
07-13-2014, 11:18 AM
That collapse started with FDR's creation of Fannie Mae. EiIther learn some history or open both eyes.
Conservatism has been selling you the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow since Reagan ... Palin thanks you ... LOL.

Peter1469
07-13-2014, 12:22 PM

I prefer them not to do anything.Regarding the Soviets: you are clueless.

hanger4
07-13-2014, 12:35 PM
Easy ... educate yourself on conservative immigration reform.What part of *border security first* did you miss ?? It's been in all da papers.

Chris
07-13-2014, 12:38 PM
What part of *border security first* did you miss ?? It's been in all da papers.

Enforce the laws on the books, then debate reform.

exotix
07-13-2014, 12:38 PM
What part of *border security first* did you miss ?? It's been in all da papers.
No sweat ... simply post-up all the wonderful legislation conservative congress has passed dealing with the issue ... seems to be a hard concept for you to grapple with.

hanger4
07-13-2014, 12:40 PM
Sorry, followed her distraction. :-(:) I do it too, especially with Exo. Actually it's the only thing she does well.

hanger4
07-13-2014, 12:49 PM
No sweat ... simply post-up all the wonderful legislation conservative congress has passed dealing with the issue ... seems to be a hard concept for you to grapple with.You do realize there are laws already on the books ?? Here's a neat concept *enforce them*.

exotix
07-13-2014, 01:07 PM
You do realize there are laws already on the books ?? Here's a neat concept *enforce them*.
In other words, there is no legislation coming from conservatism to deal with the crisis at hand ... except blame Obama .... http://i57.tinypic.com/103zu5g.gif

hanger4
07-13-2014, 01:19 PM
In other words, there is no legislation coming from conservatism to deal with the crisis at hand ... except blame Obama .... http://i57.tinypic.com/103zu5g.gifThe crisis at hand is lack of border security Exo plus Obama advertising amnesty.

Common
07-13-2014, 02:29 PM
@Common (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=659) ??

Hi google is your friend, google can answer all your questions

Common
07-13-2014, 02:33 PM
Enforce the laws on the books, then debate reform.

I absolutely agree with you. The rape of our border has to stop, but you cant talk reform until weve closed the border.

The first question progressives is how do you do that put cannons electrified fences slaughter them as they come over. Nope.

You put a force "SHORT TERM" on the border of military they turn back whoever they catch. It has to be formally announced to the WORLD. Illegally entering the USA is over. If you make it over the border as soon as your are identified for any reason, you will be sent right back.

Next step, you have to make it clear to all US employer cheap labor whores, if you get caught hiring ONE illegal you will pay a huge price. If your a repeat offender you will get jail time.

After awhile they will get the message. Even Liberal Progressive France had to crack down on even Legal immigration it was breaking their backs. We just cant keep doing this anymore.

Common
07-13-2014, 02:36 PM
The crisis at hand is lack of border security Exo plus Obama advertising amnesty.

I agree with the first half but I havent read Obama is advertising Amnesty. Hes pushing for immigration reform which is putting the cart in front of the horse to me. We have to close the border FIRST, then deal with the ones that are already here

exotix
07-14-2014, 06:34 AM
I agree with the first half but I havent read Obama is advertising Amnesty. Hes pushing for immigration reform which is putting the cart in front of the horse to me. We have to close the border FIRST, then deal with the ones that are already here
Hanger, like most resident right-wingers, is fact free and demagogue saturated .... what a way to go through life.

zelmo1234
07-14-2014, 07:24 AM
Hanger, like most resident right-wingers, is fact free and demagogue saturated .... what a way to go through life.

God I love it when you talk about FACTS?

That is like watching the Blind lead the stupid across a busy street!