PDA

View Full Version : Liberals will Love this, Traitor Bergdahl to return to active duty.

Libhater
07-14-2014, 07:50 PM
What happened to the daze when we shot traitors? I know, we've come a long way and now we make a traitor a two term president.

http://conservativebyte.com/2014/07/traitor-bergdahl-return-active-duty/

Cigar
07-14-2014, 07:59 PM
I bet 6 months from now he will not be in the Military and Libhater will find someone or something else to Hate. :laugh:

Libhater
07-14-2014, 08:10 PM
I bet 6 months from now he will not be in the Military and Libhater will find someone or something else to Hate. :laugh:

Who you kidding, with the lib media and the cic Obama praising all of our enemies, I'll be expecting Bergdahl to be getting a handsome promotion in 6 months time.

Cigar
07-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Who you kidding, with the lib media and the cic Obama praising all of our enemies, I'll be expecting Bergdahl to be getting a handsome promotion in 6 months time.

Well if you're stupid enough to believe that ... you'll believe ObamaCare will Fail

midcan5
07-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Liberals will Love this, Traitor Bergdahl to return to active duty....

Why do you always find it necessary to say what you assume liberals will think? Or love? Odd love huh. Can't you for once think for yourself? Are you so empty headed you cannot come up with your own thoughts? Come on try....

zelmo1234
07-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Why do you always find it necessary to say what you assume liberals will think? Or love? Odd love huh. Can't you for once think for yourself? Are you so empty headed you cannot come up with your own thoughts? Come on try....

So what do you think about them putting this person back on active duty?

Cigar
07-14-2014, 08:31 PM

... if you call a Desk Job Active :laugh:

zelmo1234
07-14-2014, 08:55 PM
... if you call a Desk Job Active :laugh:

It matters little what I call it the military is calling it active duty!

Remember Hassan had a nice desk job at fort hood too and he managed to pull off a terrorist attack. OH! sorry work place violence!

exotix
07-14-2014, 08:57 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/289en85.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkdbIXIIuJU

Libhater
07-14-2014, 09:07 PM

I know liberals like I know the back of my hand after swatting them across the face. Look, it was the uber liberal Obama himself who made a big photo op with bergdahl's parents at the White House that made it quite obvious that your lib leader was all for granting that traitor whatever form of amnesty he could muster for the scumbag. And now we see the scumbag is going to return to active duty. I say they put him back with his former platoon members so they could have a fierce blanket party at the scumbag's expense.

Cigar
07-14-2014, 09:10 PM

Remember Hassan had a nice desk job at fort hood too and he managed to pull off a terrorist attack. OH! sorry work place violence!

Then maybe you should do a little more research on what he really doing.

exotix
07-14-2014, 09:14 PM

What's your take on this guy ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_R._MacDonald

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vmpSO2BbYCE/S6i9OqlSFhI/AAAAAAAALbc/6HhoK1HQAB4/s1600/McDonald%2BJeffrey.jpg

Redrose
07-14-2014, 10:47 PM
I'm surprised Obama isn't giving him the Medal of Honor.

Redrose
07-14-2014, 10:51 PM
What's your take on this guy ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_R._MacDonald

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vmpSO2BbYCE/S6i9OqlSFhI/AAAAAAAALbc/6HhoK1HQAB4/s1600/McDonald%2BJeffrey.jpg
He murdered his pregnant wife and killed his two daughters while they slept and made it look like a home invasion by a hippie woman in a floppy hat. They all were butchered and he had only a tiny cut in the fleshy part of his side. He was a doctor, so he knew where to cut himself.

Libhater
07-15-2014, 06:23 AM
I'm surprised Obama isn't giving him the Medal of Honor.

Yeah, that photo op with bergdahl's traitorous parents certainly looked like the perfect segue into fawning all over their son with a celebration by giving him the MOH. Sick Manchurian president in our White House, and people still don't see the danger.

1751_Texan
07-15-2014, 09:33 AM
I find it highly disingenous that people that claim to want...that the intent of the Constitution and the rule of law be followed... have no compuction about shitting on Due Process.

Mainecoons
07-15-2014, 09:56 AM
His comrades in arms outed him as a deserter. That's good enough for me. I think he paid plenty for his own stupidity and should just be mustered out.

Peter1469
07-15-2014, 10:08 AM
His comrades in arms outed him as a deserter. That's good enough for me. I think he paid plenty for his own stupidity and should just be mustered out.

The Article 15-6 investigation is ongoing and I believe has a month left to go. The Army will decide what to do after that. They could charge him with AWOL, with Desertion (hard to prove), and perhaps Aiding the Enemy During a Time of War.

I think that they will charge him and then his defense counsel will ask for a Chapter 10 discharge- a discharge in lieu of court-martial. It would likely come with an Other than Honorable Discharge. I imagine the Army will accept that and most people will never notice what happened.

midcan5
07-15-2014, 02:51 PM

Anyone who has served looks on service from a slightly different perspective. The experience breaks many, dear Johns, routine, loneliness, loss of family, remote duty, and combat aren't for everyone, so not knowing the man my thoughts are empty. Let it play out and have some consideration for his service.

Common Sense
07-15-2014, 02:53 PM

Clearly you and Libhater know more about the situation than military brass and military intelligence.

But you know...guilty before proven innocent and all that...

Mainecoons
07-15-2014, 02:54 PM
Read Pete's post. He covered it.

Yeah, I know a deserter when I see one.

Common Sense
07-15-2014, 02:55 PM
Read Pete's post. He covered it.

Yeah, I know a deserter when I see one.

Had a lot of experience in this field? You "know" because of some stuff you read on the internet.

He could well be...I'd rather let time tell before rushing to judgement.

Matty
07-15-2014, 03:02 PM
The Article 15-6 investigation is ongoing and I believe has a month left to go. The Army will decide what to do after that. They could charge him with AWOL, with Desertion (hard to prove), and perhaps Aiding the Enemy During a Time of War.

I think that they will charge him and then his defense counsel will ask for a Chapter 10 discharge- a discharge in lieu of court-martial. It would likely come with an Other than Honorable Discharge. I imagine the Army will accept that and most people will never notice what happened. Peter1469 didn't he leave a letter explaining his actions? Didn't the military pick up radio chatter with The villagers stating Bergdhal was looking for some English speaking person to take him to the Taliban?

Peter1469
07-15-2014, 03:09 PM
@Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10) didn't he leave a letter explaining his actions? Didn't the military pick up radio chatter with The villagers stating Bergdhal was looking for some English speaking person to take him to the Taliban?

I believe so, to answer both of your questions.

Matty
07-15-2014, 03:12 PM
I believe so, to answer both of your questions.
So, I am confused as to why you think his defection would be hard to prove?

Peter1469
07-15-2014, 03:31 PM
So, I am confused as to why you think his defection would be hard to prove?

In a court-martial, the prosecution has the burden of proving each element of the offense beyond a reasonable doubt. One of the elements of desertion (which is different from AWOL) is the intent to permanently stay away. It isn't hard for a decent defense counsel to cast doubt on that element. Anyway, AWOL is a lesser included offense and that is a slam dunk here.

Anyway, the aiding the enemy in a time of war is the real serious charge.

1751_Texan
07-15-2014, 03:38 PM
In a court-martial, the prosecution has the burden of proving each element of the offense beyond a reasonable doubt. One of the elements of desertion (which is different from AWOL) is the intent to permanently stay away. It isn't hard for a decent defense counsel to cast doubt on that element. Anyway, AWOL is a lesser included offense and that is a slam dunk here.

Anyway, the aiding the enemy in a time of war is the real serious charge.

One little problem with your slam dunk here LeBron...is the determination of location, distance, durration of his absence in relation to his "capture"/"kidnapping"/"abduction".

Peter1469
07-15-2014, 03:51 PM
One little problem with your slam dunk here LeBron...is the determination of location, distance, durration of his absence in relation to his "capture"/"kidnapping"/"abduction".

If they let me prosecute the case I would really like the defense to try that story. :wink: You have to remember that the panel (jury) won't be made up with Oprah watchers and mouth-breathers.

The officers and senior NCOs on the panel will likely all have masters degrees. Maybe a few PhDs.

Ransom
07-15-2014, 04:38 PM
Is a firing squad still the punishment for desertion if that is proven?

Peter1469
07-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Is a firing squad still the punishment for desertion if that is proven?

No.

And the military courts of appeals only apply war time penalties to declared wars.

Ransom
07-15-2014, 06:59 PM
No.

And the military courts of appeals only apply war time penalties to declared wars.

Not wars covered under the War Powers Act.

Peter1469
07-15-2014, 07:11 PM
Not wars covered under the War Powers Act.

The appeals courts have consistently said that the crimes under the UCMJ that have the extra death penalty kicker for "in time of war" applies only to a Constitutionally declared war. (I always said that to the extent that the War Powers Act is Constitutional, it is a declaration of war).