PDA

View Full Version : Federal Workers Make Nearly Twice What Private Sector Workers Earn

Alias
04-17-2012, 05:51 PM
With all this talk of "fairness" lately, can the resident liberals explain this to us?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/04/17/Federal-Workers-Make-Nearly-Twice-What-Private-Sector-Workers-Earn

MMC
04-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Well that and Major Urban City Governments too. Like the Top 3 in the Country.....without a doubt.

Peter1469
04-17-2012, 07:46 PM
The study should break down the salaries based on zip code. You wouldn't see such a disparity.

A majority of federal workers are in DC- the cost of living is high here.

gophangover
04-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Federal Workers Make Nearly Twice What Private Sector Workers Earn

Yeah, the cons plan is to have everybody getting McDonalds wages. I'm sure the pentagon contractors don't mind having their pay cut to $6.00 an hour. But somehow it's just fine for Romney to swindle millions on Wall Street.

MMC
04-18-2012, 04:21 AM
Yeah, the cons plan is to have everybody getting McDonalds wages. I'm sure the pentagon contractors don't mind having their pay cut to $6.00 an hour. But somehow it's just fine for Romney to swindle millions on Wall Street.

Would you have a link to support that Repuli-Cons are about lower wager for the American Worker? You didn't think that those that Practice Demo governments were for the little people now did you?

gophangover
04-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Would you have a link to support that Repuli-Cons are about lower wager for the American Worker? You didn't think that those that Practice Demo governments were for the little people now did you?

Just check out what Scott Walker has done in the past year. It's in the Scott Walker thread in the "republicans" section.

MMC
04-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Just check out what Scott Walker has done in the past year. It's in the Scott Walker thread in the "republicans" section.

Yes I am aware of what Walker did.....are you aware of Democrats tearing apart the Unions in Chicago. :shocked: Taking from their benefits and never paying into their pensions? :shocked: That Rahm Emanuel the Putz azz Mayor of Chicago has set-it so that the Chicago Public School teachers cannot strike. Has teachers confronting their own union over working longer days. Crossing picket lines. While threatening services for fire, police and emergency responders.

Even tho Walker has done what what he has in Wis. Or even Emanuel who says he will cut out certain City Workers Jobs and Quinn has been with State Jobs. Both use the term Governmental Waste. This still does not mean Republicans are for lower wage jobs.

gophangover
04-18-2012, 08:39 AM
This still does not mean Republicans are for lower wage jobs.

Scott Walker just signed the repeal of the equal pay act, which allows for the lowering of wages for women. Destroying unions also helps businesses lower wages, which is something else Walker did last year. It's why he's being recalled.

Yes, I'm a liberal, but not a democrat. I'm a registered INDEPENDENT. I voted for Nader the last four times. I'm for a balanced budget and paying off the national debt. I have plenty of guns and ammo. I'm for freedom of religion(not just Christianity). I'm for Social Security and education. I'm for health care for everyone, not just the rich. I'm against American global domination, and the U.S. as the world police. I'm against foreign welfare(foreign aid), take care of America FIRST. I'm against welfare for big oil(subsidies). Their profits are $100 billion a year. I'm against fraking, it destroys our ground water. Humanity can live without oil, but we cant' live without water. Clean coal is a big lie. Clean nuclear is a bigger lie.

MMC
04-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Scott Walker just signed the repeal of the equal pay act, which allows for the lowering of wages for women. Destroying unions also helps businesses lower wages, which is something else Walker did last year. It's why he's being recalled.

Yes, I'm a liberal, but not a democrat. I'm a registered INDEPENDENT. I voted for Nader the last four times. I'm for a balanced budget and paying off the national debt. I have plenty of guns and ammo. I'm for freedom of religion(not just Christianity). I'm for Social Security and education. I'm for health care for everyone, not just the rich. I'm against American global domination, and the U.S. as the world police. I'm against foreign welfare(foreign aid), take care of America FIRST. I'm against welfare for big oil(subsidies). Their profits are $100 billion a year. I'm against fraking, it destroys our ground water. Humanity can live without oil, but we cant' live without water. Clean coal is a big lie. Clean nuclear is a bigger lie.

Thanks for explaining. Why I am pretty much on the ground with you concerning Foreign Policy. I don't Consider Wisconsin the Entire Nation. Mitch Daniels of Indiana is completely different and not looking to serve the Neo Con/Lib agenda. As are other Republicans. Plus there are others to. Such is not the Republican Principle.

The way I feel about Walker......is those of his own kind will run him out office or thats what those people are Willing to accept. Even those who do accept such.....then after finding out that it or his ideas don't work they can repeal it all. But as a whole Republicans are not for people to have the lowest wages out there.

Also I would question the Contitutionality of Walkers plan with Likes the Fed Minimum Wage Act. As to how such affects Women.

gophangover
04-18-2012, 09:12 AM
Thanks for explaining. Why I am pretty much on the ground with you concerning Foreign Policy. I don't Consider Wisconsin the Entire Nation. Mitch Daniels of Indiana is completely different and not looking to serve the Neo Con/Lib agenda. As are other Republicans. Plus there are others to. Such is not the Republican Principle.

The way I feel about Walker......is those of his own kind will run him out office or thats what those people are Willing to accept. Even those who do accept such.....then after finding out that it or his ideas don't work they can repeal it all. But as a whole Republicans are not for people to have the lowest wages out there.

Also I would question the Contitutionality of Walkers plan with Likes the Fed Minimum Wage Act. As to how such affects Women.

More proof the republicans want to destroy American wages is Ronnie Raygun's GATT(global agreement on trade and tariffs) which allowed businesses to move their factories to China where they can get labor for fifty cents an hour. Funny how the cons are all against the commies until it comes to cheap labor.

MMC
04-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Yes, while the Cons do look for cheap labor overseas. How does that work with Rockefeller Now? What about Heinz? I see much of the same with liberals as evidenced by Gates and Jobs of Apple. Accepting the fact that they use cheap labor as well and looking for those that they can pay even less than 50 cents an hour. Plus looking for any others to pay whatever costs while taking the money. From Both the Private and Government Sectors.

gophangover
04-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Yes, while the Cons do look for cheap labor overseas. How does that work with Rockefeller Now? What about Heinz? I see much of the same with liberals as evidenced by Gates and Jobs of Apple. Accepting the fact that they use cheap labor as well and looking for those that they can pay even less than 50 cents an hour. Plus looking for any others to pay whatever costs while taking the money. From Both the Private and Government Sectors.

Hey, I'm not defending the dems. Bubba Clinton's NAFTA is just as bad as GATT. I was just showing you the repubs efforts to destroy American wages because you were saying they weren't. But it is true that the dems back the unions which have raised American wages.

Alias
04-18-2012, 11:12 AM
The study should break down the salaries based on zip code. You wouldn't see such a disparity.

Wouldn't the same logic apply to private sector workers?

Alias
04-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Hey, I'm not defending the dems. Bubba Clinton's NAFTA is just as bad as GATT. I was just showing you the repubs efforts to destroy American wages because you were saying they weren't. But it is true that the dems back the unions which have raised American wages.

I disagree. I don't want to lower anyone's wages. I want a smaller, less expensive govt. Even FDR said govt unions are wrong.

I am not against unions in the work force. I am against govt unions who take from the taxpayer and then fund Democrat coffers with OUR money to work against us. That's corrupt.

gophangover
04-20-2012, 09:32 AM
I disagree. I don't want to lower anyone's wages. I want a smaller, less expensive govt. Even FDR said govt unions are wrong.

I am not against unions in the work force. I am against govt unions who take from the taxpayer and then fund Democrat coffers with OUR money to work against us. That's corrupt.

Corruption is an epidemic in capitalistic America. And unions have their share of corrupt leaders too. Some have been caught pilfering retirement funds, have been caught twisting the arms of members to vote the way they want them to. The GOP & DNC have their share too. Then there's Wall Street and investment banks, yikes! But mostly it's the guys at the top, and not the common workers that do the damage.

Vilifier of Zombies
04-20-2012, 12:37 PM

Best answer so far...

I did an internship at the USPTO in Alexandria with a few days in Detroit, the topic of differences in salary based upon location came up a few times.

Alias
04-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Corruption is an epidemic in capitalistic America. And unions have their share of corrupt leaders too. Some have been caught pilfering retirement funds, have been caught twisting the arms of members to vote the way they want them to. The GOP & DNC have their share too. Then there's Wall Street and investment banks, yikes! But mostly it's the guys at the top, and not the common workers that do the damage.

I'm concerned about Govt union corruption because that's where my tax dollars go. I can choose to support trade unions or not with my wallet.

Alias
04-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Best answer so far...

I did an internship at the USPTO in Alexandria with a few days in Detroit, the topic of differences in salary based upon location came up a few times.

It's an average and it works for the same for everyone.

Vilifier of Zombies
04-20-2012, 02:15 PM
It's an average and it works for the same for everyone.

It doesn't always average out the same when comparing the differences in salaries between the private and government sectors...I think the most significant disparities with salaries when discussing different locations are between white collar jobs, blue collar jobs not unlike that of a machinist only vary slightly from location to location.

MMC
04-20-2012, 02:28 PM
What do you think 'right to work' legislation does?

Hows that working out in Illinois and California?

Alias
04-20-2012, 02:31 PM
It doesn't always average out the same when comparing the differences in salaries between the private and government sectors...I think the most significant disparities with salaries when discussing different locations are between white collar jobs, blue collar jobs not unlike that of a machinist only vary slightly from location to location.

We are talking about govt jobs and private sector jobs. If you need to make it more difficult than it is to prove your phantom point, then have fun.

Alias
04-20-2012, 02:32 PM
What do you think 'right to work' legislation does?

Gives everyone the right to work without forcing them to join a union. It's called freedom.

Vilifier of Zombies
04-20-2012, 02:53 PM
We are talking about govt jobs and private sector jobs. If you need to make it more difficult than it is to prove your phantom point, then have fun.

I wasn't posting about Disneyland Alias, please try and keep up...

Alias
04-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Freedom for who?

For people who want a job.

Alias
04-20-2012, 03:16 PM
I wasn't posting about Disneyland Alias, please try and keep up...

There are govt union jobs and private sector union jobs. My beef is with govt union jobs that pay more than private sector jobs for the same type of work.

Vilifier of Zombies
04-20-2012, 03:26 PM
There are govt union jobs and private sector union jobs. My beef is with govt union jobs that pay more than private sector jobs for the same type of work.

When the economy is slow the trend favors those government union jobs and the private sector bitches, when the economy is bustling, the trend favors the private sector union jobs and the government sector bitches - it's an endless cycle.

Alias
04-20-2012, 03:37 PM
When the economy is slow the trend favors those government union jobs and the private sector bitches, when the economy is bustling, the trend favors the private sector union jobs and the government sector bitches - it's an endless cycle.

Excuse me. I made a mistake by assuming you knew what you were talking about. Never mind.

MMC
04-20-2012, 03:54 PM

I agree with you here Alias.....why does the Feds need a Union To Serve the People?

Peter1469
04-20-2012, 04:23 PM
The problem with government unions is that they have some control over the management.

Alias
04-20-2012, 04:41 PM
I agree with you here Alias.....why does the Feds need a Union To Serve the People?

Even FDR was against govt unions.

Alias
04-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Why does anyone think people like Gov Walker and Christie are so hated. The game is over.

MMC
04-20-2012, 05:03 PM
2 distinct ideologies within the country. eventually it will come to a head. Thats when it will become very interesting.

Alias
04-20-2012, 05:25 PM
2 distinct ideologies within the country. eventually it will come to a head. Thats when it will become very interesting.

Not if we take control back. Beat 'em down. We are the boss.

Vilifier of Zombies
04-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Excuse me. I made a mistake by assuming you knew what you were talking about. Never mind.

Did you just figure out a way to post with a lisp Alias?

Alias
04-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Did you just figure out a way to post with a lisp Alias?

It's your turn to make a meaningful contribution to the discussion.

Vilifier of Zombies
04-20-2012, 05:44 PM
It's your turn to make a meaningful contribution to the discussion.

Did you bob your head back and forth like a chicken while at the same time waiving your arm and snapping your fingers?

MMC
04-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Not if we take control back. Beat 'em down. We are the boss.

41% of the Electorate are Conservative.....with some of the States that supported Obama last time and are not this time. Shows more are trending that way. Thats why Republicans have to make a Consistent Effort to show Latins that they have more in common with the Right than they do with the Left.

Plus don't forget.....thats why the Word Demo is part of that of their reality. As they only know how to Demonstrate their ways of Spending other peoples money and dividing all up so they can have any sort of chance to be in that All-Seeing Eye.

Alias
04-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Did you bob your head back and forth like a chicken while at the same time waiving your arm and snapping your fingers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xghebqshq1o

Vilifier of Zombies
04-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Another unwatched YouTube Alias...one day you'll get it, just not today it seems.