PDA

View Full Version : Here is what I would vote for!

zelmo1234
07-16-2014, 09:20 AM
I could not find a list of the worst 25 But I am sure that it could be figured out!

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/05/23/americas-uneven-economic-recovery-the-10-best-and-10-worst-cit/#!fullscreen&slide=980390

I would vote for the candidate that has a plan to bring jobs and prosperity to the worst 25 cities in the USA. I would like to see that plan include

#1 10 year Federal income and corporate tax holiday provided they employ 100 people or more at a wage above the poverty level, and are moving there operations back into the USA from another country

#2 Work with the State to provide a 25 year property tax holiday and a 10 year 50% reduction in state income taxes

#3 provide interest free loans to small business people in these cities with a viable plan for expansion

#4 Provide interest funding to community collages to set up vocational training programs, and provide those enrolled in these programs interest free loans to pay for the schooling.

#5 encourage the State and City to move forward using the community collage programs and charities on urban renovation programs to provide energy efficient, safe and affordable homes

#6 provide federal dollars to support the expansion of the police force to rid the city of gang violence providing the state does not have a revolving door policy on these offenders.

#7 Take the funds need to provide these programs form areas of the government that can be cut. Like the DOE! NSA! or provide me of a list of where you are going to get the money, and not add to the deficit or taxation

Now you can change a lot of things in this plan and still have a great plan but you get the idea

I would vote for a person like this!

Common Sense
07-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Cities are important...they are the driving force behind the economy. They certainly should be a focus.

PolWatch
07-16-2014, 09:23 AM
Add flat tax and elimination of corporate welfare/loopholes and include requirement for people on welfare to be enrolled in one of the training/education programs you suggest and I could vote for him/her!

Matty
07-16-2014, 09:29 AM
Add flat tax and elimination of corporate welfare/loopholes and include requirement for people on welfare to be enrolled in one of the training/education programs you suggest and I could vote for him/her!
Able bodied people on welfare should be put to work for the state. Their checks should be taxed and treated as income.

Polecat
07-16-2014, 10:31 AM
Since you are in Detroit I understand how such things might appeal to you but for most of the country to pay such a hefty price for regions they don't live in or visit seems a little lop sided. You are also making the presumption that everyone will behave honestly which is often the opposite.

I could not find a list of the worst 25 But I am sure that it could be figured out!

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2012/05/23/americas-uneven-economic-recovery-the-10-best-and-10-worst-cit/#!fullscreen&slide=980390

I would vote for the candidate that has a plan to bring jobs and prosperity to the worst 25 cities in the USA. I would like to see that plan include

#1 10 year Federal income and corporate tax holiday provided they employ 100 people or more at a wage above the poverty level, and are moving there operations back into the USA from another country This cuts the throat of all the business that employee 99 or less. A better idea would be to eliminate all corporate taxes. They inevitably get passed on to the individuals anyway.

#2 Work with the State to provide a 25 year property tax holiday and a 10 year 50% reduction in state income taxes This really isn't the federal governments purpose. Property tax should be dispensed with entirely. There are better ways to fund civic necessities that won't result in the flush of money that politicians waste on pet projects rather than doing what was intended.

#3 provide interest free loans to small business people in these cities with a viable plan for expansion This would end up being a big give away and you know it. Too many people out there that are willing to work the system.

#4 Provide interest funding to community collages to set up vocational training programs, and provide those enrolled in these programs interest free loans to pay for the schooling. Once again this would end being a pile of money that ends up in all the wrong pockets.

#5 encourage the State and City to move forward using the community collage programs and charities on urban renovation programs to provide energy efficient, safe and affordable homes How is the federal government going to do that?!?

#6 provide federal dollars to support the expansion of the police force to rid the city of gang violence providing the state does not have a revolving door policy on these offenders. We already have a massive police force. Particularly in urban blight areas. Removing the motivation for gang violence would eliminate their relevance along with the atrocious cost of this failed war on drugs fallacy.

#7 Take the funds need to provide these programs form areas of the government that can be cut. Like the DOE! NSA! or provide me of a list of where you are going to get the money, and not add to the deficit or taxation This little detail needs to be on the top of any kind of legislation.

Now you can change a lot of things in this plan and still have a great plan but you get the idea

donttread
07-16-2014, 12:30 PM

#1 10 year Federal income and corporate tax holiday provided they employ 100 people or more at a wage above the poverty level, and are moving there operations back into the USA from another country

#2 Work with the State to provide a 25 year property tax holiday and a 10 year 50% reduction in state income taxes

#3 provide interest free loans to small business people in these cities with a viable plan for expansion

#4 Provide interest funding to community collages to set up vocational training programs, and provide those enrolled in these programs interest free loans to pay for the schooling.

#5 encourage the State and City to move forward using the community collage programs and charities on urban renovation programs to provide energy efficient, safe and affordable homes

#6 provide federal dollars to support the expansion of the police force to rid the city of gang violence providing the state does not have a revolving door policy on these offenders.

#7 Take the funds need to provide these programs form areas of the government that can be cut. Like the DOE! NSA! or provide me of a list of where you are going to get the money, and not add to the deficit or taxation

So corporate welfare? Not your intent but think about how it would be used.

Perianne
07-16-2014, 01:10 PM

No corporate taxes ever.

zelmo1234
07-16-2014, 02:08 PM

This is just one issue, you should start another thread an put in how you would think it should work, Hell we can all change it, but it is a starting place.

I have this idea that I think would be fun? Going into the next Presidential I think it would be cool if we could send each Candidate a list of some things that we as a forum can agree on! Who knows it could start something!

zelmo1234
07-16-2014, 02:12 PM
So corporate welfare? Not your intent but think about how it would be used.

I can see what you are saying, so what would you do instead?

These are the three goals that I started with

#1 Dramatically reduce urban unemployment

#2 Build self worth by improving neighborhood safety, and living conditions, as well as increasing home values

#3 move people off government assistance, and increase their standard of living

I would love to hear your ideas, on how we can do it?

zelmo1234
07-16-2014, 02:22 PM
Since you are in Detroit I understand how such things might appeal to you but for most of the country to pay such a hefty price for regions they don't live in or visit seems a little lop sided. You are also making the presumption that everyone will behave honestly which is often the opposite.

Actually I live on the West Side, but do own property in places on the East side.

Here is the thing I don't think that you have to tax more to pay for this. I kept this number at 100 because that is not a real big company, and I kept it to companies returning from overseas. So it would likely be manufacturing.

ALL OF THE 100 EMPLOYEE'S ARE GOING TO PAY INCOME AND FICA TAXES! most of them would be coming off unemployment or stepping up, creating a job elsewhere. So now 100 people plus their dependents are no longer on the welfare system. Most of the money is going to come from that savings.

Next it is exactly the federal governments job to work with the states to promote the general welfare it is in the declaration! And in some states property taxes are no big deal, others it is how they fund education. So they need to be at the table.

getting an interest free loan with an approved business plan that adds jobs could be scammed I can see that. SO WHAT IF WE CHANGE THAT TO A REDUCTION IN TAXES DEPENDING ON HOW MANY NEW JOBS ARE ADDED?

I can also see that the top 25 cities might not benefit everyone. SO WHAT IF WE TOOK THE WORST CITY IN EACH STATE?

Some great Ideas in there

Thanks

zelmo1234
07-16-2014, 02:23 PM
No corporate taxes ever.

I would totally agree on this and then you could make the case that corporations are not people and end the election bs too!

However you have to get this passed through congress? And no taxes is not something that people are going to go for

Perianne
07-16-2014, 02:30 PM
However you have to get this passed through congress? And no taxes is not something that people are going to go for

But there would be taxes. Whoever gets the profits would pay the tax. zelmo1234

zelmo1234
07-16-2014, 02:40 PM
I agree, but am willing to step back and get the support of some that would not support an abolishing of corporate taxes, even though that is exactly what should happen

Redrose
07-16-2014, 02:57 PM

I'm not in favor of a flat tax, the Fair Tax, may be better in my estimation. I agree with your position on loopholes. Newt Gingrich suggested a training requirement for welfare recipients, when he was in a presidential primary, and was lambasted as a racist. We will constantly have our hands tied, prevented from making any constructive changes to a troubled system, by those whose careers depend on keeping the welfare system status quo, and scream racist, at every turn. There is a part of the far left that does not want to see people lifted from poverty, off welfare. They lose control of them when that happens. That is why Obama increased the welfare numbers. How can that be considered a success? A success, would be stimulating the economy, job creation, good jobs, private industry jobs not just government jobs, getting people off the dole. Capitalism, personal freedoms, personal responsibility, self-respect, willingness to work and be successful, lower taxes and smaller government, are enemies of the leftist agenda.

I hope we can find a candidate who can pull us back from the edge. I'm a TPer, but at this point I'd even vote for Bill Clinton. At least he had the ability to work across the aisle and was willing to be more moderate, a far cry from the nuts in the WH now.

PolWatch
07-16-2014, 03:31 PM
There have been several solutions to the welfare problems proposed by both sides of the aisle...but they were all defeated because politicians would rather posture and apportion blame than cooperate/compromise and actually solve a problem. Quiet compromise doesn't get the attention of campaign donors and that is how they keep power. If there is no outrage, how can you name the 'other' guy as a the problem so everyone will know that 'you' are good guy and deserving of money, support and most of all...re-election?

PolWatch
07-16-2014, 03:38 PM
This was the proposed plan by Gringrich in the Contract with America and actually signed into law:

The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 (PRWORA) is a United States federal law considered to be a fundamental shift in both the method and goal of federal cash assistance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_cash_assistance) to the poor. The bill added a workforce development (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workforce_development) component to welfare legislation, encouraging employment among the poor. The bill was a cornerstone of the Republican Contract with America (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract_with_America) and was introduced by Rep. E. Clay Shaw, Jr. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._Clay_Shaw,_Jr.) (R (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_%28United_States%29)-FL-22 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida%27s_22nd_congressional_district)). Bill Clinton (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton) signed PRWORA into law on August 22, 1996, fulfilling his 1992 campaign (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_presidential_campaign,_1992) promise to "end welfare as we have come to know it".[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_Responsibility_and_Work_Opportunity_Act#c ite_note-promise-1)

donttread
07-16-2014, 04:01 PM

#2 Build self worth by improving neighborhood safety, and living conditions, as well as increasing home values

Me, I'd look into a de-urbanization project with the people building their own communities as I believe population density to be a key factor in violent crime. But most people would like your idea better and they are all good goals. However we both know we need manufacturing to pull it off so we need to change the tax structure first

donttread
07-16-2014, 04:05 PM

I forgot possibly the most important thing. Legalize drugs, prohibition kills.

zelmo1234
07-16-2014, 05:41 PM
I forgot possibly the most important thing. Legalize drugs, prohibition kills.

Again I have NO issue with the legalization of drugs as long as it and Alcohol are things that prevent you from drawing welfare and unemployment

But that is not what this post was about, This is only designed to improve employment in the 25 worst hit cities in the USA.

One of the problems that we have is adding on to good bills with poison pills.

So while I would support the legalization of drugs, that would kill a bill like this and it would not pass!

And it is a bill designed to bring back manufacturing, which is needed in these areas because of the lack of skilled labor.

Cigar
07-16-2014, 06:17 PM
So when are you going to start backing up your post with things like???? FACTS!

Crawl in the Ring and the first thing you'll see and the last thing you'll remember .... :laugh:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MY5r01k1Ecs/TzP0nGKINtI/AAAAAAAAAUA/3D64pCWJRTY/s1600/facepunch.jpg (http://can-eh-diankid.blogspot.com/2012/02/everybody-has-plan-until-they-get.html)

zelmo1234
07-16-2014, 06:51 PM
Crawl in the Ring and the first thing you'll see and the last thing you'll remember .... :laugh:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MY5r01k1Ecs/TzP0nGKINtI/AAAAAAAAAUA/3D64pCWJRTY/s1600/facepunch.jpg (http://can-eh-diankid.blogspot.com/2012/02/everybody-has-plan-until-they-get.html)

OH! now it will be months before I can sleep again! most likely have to use a Sippy cup to keep from spilling I am shaking so bad.

You really should not threaten people it is just admitting that you are not smart enough to have an intelligent conversation.

But threating someone that can't fight back unless you are armed it usually safe bet!

donttread
07-17-2014, 06:29 AM
Again I have NO issue with the legalization of drugs as long as it and Alcohol are things that prevent you from drawing welfare and unemployment

But that is not what this post was about, This is only designed to improve employment in the 25 worst hit cities in the USA.

One of the problems that we have is adding on to good bills with poison pills.

So while I would support the legalization of drugs, that would kill a bill like this and it would not pass!

And it is a bill designed to bring back manufacturing, which is needed in these areas because of the lack of skilled labor.

Legalization of drugs is directly related to unemployment and welfare because once you get a record you can't get work.

donttread
07-17-2014, 06:30 AM
Not too mention that drug money funds the gangs that ruin the city streets

Peter1469
07-17-2014, 06:35 AM
Legalization of drugs is directly related to unemployment and welfare because once you get a record you can't get work.

Sure you can. Just jobs that suck though. Like a debt collector.

zelmo1234
07-17-2014, 06:52 AM

That may be, but DC keeps trying this and they can't get anything done because it is the poison pill that turns just a few legislators off.

has to be a separate issue.

I suspect that it has more to do with the Fuck it's than their record that keeps them from getting a job

There are several of my guys that have a colored past. Americans believe in second chances

zelmo1234
07-17-2014, 06:57 AM
Not too mention that drug money funds the gangs that ruin the city streets

Again I agree.

But you can say that we need better roads in the inners city and better food options and better daycare, but every issue that you add gets one or two less votes in a legislator that is very divided

So start a thread here is what I would vote for on drug legalization.

I can tell you that unless you find a way that they are not able to receive welfare benefits and unemployment benefits? you will lose the support of business owners. because we don't like the fact that our unemployment insurance rates raise because you like to smoke weed or drink beer instead of coming to work

zelmo1234
07-17-2014, 06:59 AM

My finish carpenter Has armed robbery on his record! Our plumber stole a car.

people make mistakes, but you have to atone for that, so yes you might do a few years in a crappy job.

goes back to if you can't do the time? don't do the crime

donttread
07-17-2014, 04:51 PM

Or congressman if it was white collar crime

donttread
07-17-2014, 04:55 PM
My finish carpenter Has armed robbery on his record! Our plumber stole a car.

people make mistakes, but you have to atone for that, so yes you might do a few years in a crappy job.

goes back to if you can't do the time? don't do the crime

Easy to say but doesn't work well over a population, some will crawl back up, I am a recovering alcoholic so I have a past myself, but percentage wise the odds aren't good. My son was telling me the other day that even some violent offenders did there first stint for non violent drug "crimes" and just climbed the ladder

donttread
07-17-2014, 04:58 PM
Again I agree.

But you can say that we need better roads in the inners city and better food options and better daycare, but every issue that you add gets one or two less votes in a legislator that is very divided

So start a thread here is what I would vote for on drug legalization.

I can tell you that unless you find a way that they are not able to receive welfare benefits and unemployment benefits? you will lose the support of business owners. because we don't like the fact that our unemployment insurance rates raise because you like to smoke weed or drink beer instead of coming to work

We need to educate the public as they've been brainwashed to believe silly things like " alcohol is somehow less dangerous than pot" You know who dies from pot? Gang members in turf wars over control of the illegal market. If we can just get people to think it becomes a no brainer.