PDA

View Full Version : The real issue behind healthcare, prohibition, the housing bubble, extreme goverment

donttread
07-20-2014, 09:09 AM
Can it be this simple.?

Jobs creation to hide the fact that they have destroyed the manufacturing economy? Think about it , those pot heads who would be added to the unemployment roles if they weren't in prison, the CO's , cops, probation officers and dietary workers who "serve them" . Remember when your local doctor had one nurse/ receptionist but he now has 5 people? Why is that? Due to the increased "efficiency" of regulation and electronic billing and health records? Why did the fed feed the housing "bubble" ( AKA inflation) while knowing what would happen.
Is it all just to cover up just how badly the Donkephant has trashed our economy

PolWatch
07-20-2014, 09:16 AM
The increase of personnel in medical offices has more to do with doctors wanting to see more people in less time. When there was 1 person in the office the doctor was spending about 30 minutes with each patient....the doctor took your history & blood pressure, any tests required the patient go to a lab or hospital instead of being done on site. More personnel is not something that just happened after the ACA or even under democrats...

I'm not sure how the expense, etc of housing people in prison is the fault of the dems but I suspect many of them were convicted before Obama was elected (or born).

zelmo1234
07-20-2014, 09:19 AM
To an extent this is true, but back when the doctor had one nurse and this receptionist, you went to see him for an infection of just being sick, You paid cash for the visit. he got his 20 dollars and you went on your way. Not he has to bill the insurance company, collect your co pay, log everything that he did because you might sue him, and of course his rates had to skyrocket to cover the overhead, and because the insurance companies pay pennies on the dollar of what they are actually billed

The housing bubble came out of a desire to see the poor move up the economic ladder and then was made worse when they needed the spending to prop up the economy.

Government acts by compassion not facts and actually what is good for the people. because we often don't like to here what is good for us!

donttread
07-20-2014, 09:33 AM
To an extent this is true, but back when the doctor had one nurse and this receptionist, you went to see him for an infection of just being sick, You paid cash for the visit. he got his 20 dollars and you went on your way. Not he has to bill the insurance company, collect your co pay, log everything that he did because you might sue him, and of course his rates had to skyrocket to cover the overhead, and because the insurance companies pay pennies on the dollar of what they are actually billed

The housing bubble came out of a desire to see the poor move up the economic ladder and then was made worse when they needed the spending to prop up the economy.

Government acts by compassion not facts and actually what is good for the people. because we often don't like to here what is good for us!

Seriously healthcare regulation has increased the number of support staff.

Peter1469
07-20-2014, 09:34 AM
The increase of personnel in medical offices has more to do with doctors wanting to see more people in less time. When there was 1 person in the office the doctor was spending about 30 minutes with each patient....the doctor took your history & blood pressure, any tests required the patient go to a lab or hospital instead of being done on site. More personnel is not something that just happened after the ACA or even under democrats...

I'm not sure how the expense, etc of housing people in prison is the fault of the dems but I suspect many of them were convicted before Obama was elected (or born).

He is blaming the establishment of both parties. Not just the dems.

PolWatch
07-20-2014, 09:38 AM
Seriously healthcare regulation has increased the number of support staff.

I'm not disputing your statement...but I know that every doctor's office had an insurance staff as long ago as the early 70's...unscientific, but personal experience knowledge...I worked in the healthcare field at the time.

lynn
07-20-2014, 06:08 PM
There are not that many doctors that are solo anymore, at least in Az. I worked for medical offices for a number of years and you are right they do need several people just to handle insurance verification, billing, insurance collections, etc. What drove them out of private solo practice is overhead got too expensive so they joined other doctors.

The ACA is now pushing doctors out of private practices to become employees of the hospital system. They can't afford overhead when they get lower reimbursement from the insurance companies with a much higher patient balance receivable.