PDA

View Full Version : India Tests Missile Capable of Hitting China.....

MMC
04-19-2012, 05:54 AM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/kceWyuwyg6rAUVL5dxGLDw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MzA2MDtjcj0xO2N3PTIzMjU7ZHg9MD tkeT0wO2ZpPXVsY3JvcDtoPTI1MTtxPTg1O3c9MTkw/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2012-04-19T052934Z_2088375544_GM1E84J11ID01_RTRMADP_3_INDI A-MISSILE.JPG http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/xYbkOCU1hBv0ihHKci_Jxg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9Mzc0ODtjcj0xO2N3PTI4NDg7ZHg9MD tkeT0wO2ZpPXVsY3JvcDtoPTI1MTtxPTg1O3c9MTkw/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2012-04-19T053100Z_1940639789_GM1E84J11UH01_RTRMADP_3_INDI A-MISSILE.JPG
A surface-to-surface Agni V missile.
NEW DELHI (AP) — India announced the successful test launch Thursday of a new nuclear-capable missile that would give it the ability to strike the major Chinese cities of Beijing and Shanghai for the first time, a significant step forward in its aspirations to become a regional and world power.
The Agni-V missile, with a range of 5,000 kilometers (3,100 miles), still requires a battery of tests and must clear other bureaucratic hurdles before it can be inducted into India's arsenal in a few years. But officials hailed the launch as proof the country has taken its place among the world's most powerful and scientifically advanced nations.

The test came just days after North Korea's failed rocket launch, but sparked none of the same global condemnation aimed at Pyongyang, an internationally isolated regime that has been banned by the U.N. from testing missile technology.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Weimin declined to discuss the launch at a regular news conference Thursday, saying only that India and China should work together as strategic partners.
But a state TV report on the launch enumerated the missile's shortcomings and a Chinese newspaper warned India not to get arrogant and overestimate its strength.
It also warned India not to work with Western allies to try to contain China.

India and China fought a war in 1962 and continue to nurse a border dispute. India has also been suspicious of Beijing's efforts to increase its influence in the Indian Ocean in recent years.
India already has the capability of hitting anywhere inside archrival Pakistan, but has engaged in a splurge of defense spending in recent years to counter the perceived Chinese threat.
The Indian navy took command of a Russian nuclear submarine earlier this year, and India is expected to take delivery of a retrofitted Soviet-built aircraft carrier soon.

In Washington, State Department spokesman Mark Toner said the United States urges all nuclear-capable states to exercise restraint regarding nuclear capabilities.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/india-tests-nuke-capable-missile-able-hit-china-034308390.html#_=1334831614468&count=horizontal&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Findia-tests-nuke-capable-missile-able-hit-china-034308390.html&id=twitter_tweet_button_0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Find ia-tests-nuke-capable-missile-able-hit-china-034308390.html&related=YahooOddNew%2CYahoo&text=India%20tests%20nuke-capable%20missile%20able%20to%20hit%20China%20-%20Yahoo!%20News&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Findia-tests-nuke-capable-missile-able-hit-china-034308390.html&via=YahooNews

Seems India has added itself into he mix. Now being the 7th or 8th Country to be able to launch a Nuke. As we can see China has spoken on the matter. Although myself I believe we should be trying to Work with India now even more visibly so that the Pakis take notice.

Conley
04-19-2012, 07:21 AM
Right, India was our ally all along. Just another reason Pakistan was and continues to be a colossal foreign policy mistake...we're back to the familiar refrain of funding our enemies.

MMC
04-19-2012, 07:27 AM
Right, India was our ally all along. Just another reason Pakistan was and continues to be a colossal foreign policy mistake...we're back to the familiar refrain of funding our enemies.

Not to mention the Media was kinda silent on this. But when North Korea told all they were going to do this including the media. Then it was against WORLD Law.

Conley
04-19-2012, 07:29 AM
Not to mention the Media was kinda silent on this. But when North Korea told all they were going to do this including the media. Then it was against WORLD Law.

Well yes, but to be fair North Korea is nuttier than a shit house rat.

MMC
04-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Well yes, but to be fair North Korea is nuttier than a shit house rat.

Thats true and if you read the headlines this morning the North is all upset now that South Korea is going to test a missile. :undecided: Still according to the piece India is mainly concerned about China. Not so much Pakistan. But also like, were not going to drop our guards against it.

Vilifier of Zombies
04-19-2012, 09:45 AM
I still talk to some of my economics professors, one in particular who's a well regarded economist from all sides of the table, I'd recently asked him who he thought the next global super power was gonna be now that our growth has slowed down tremendously and that China is going to purposefully slow down their economic growth as well, who's on track to replace us all - his answer was quick, as if he'd already mulled it over some, "India," he sincerely believes that India has the best chance to become the world's next Superpower.

He even said India would be flexing it's muscles soon - fast forward to today and I'm reading this thread...it's crazy.

MMC
04-19-2012, 09:48 AM
Considering they can get both Russian and American Military tech and reverse-engineer everything. It's not surprising that they are jumping up there pretty quick-like.

maheenangel74
04-23-2012, 05:02 AM
now US should put sanctions on india..

MMC
04-23-2012, 07:24 AM
now US should put sanctions on india..

Why is that M.A.? Is India running around the World threatening to drop a bomb on somebody?

Captain Obvious
04-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Sanctions?

We should give them money to build a missile that would reach North Korea.

maheenangel74
04-23-2012, 03:51 PM
India's former Army Chief, General Kapoor said last year (when he was in charge): India could fight a two-front war with Pakistan and China at the same time and end it successfully within 96 hours..............he forgot that China and Pak possess nuclear arms

MMC
04-23-2012, 04:13 PM
India's former Army Chief, General Kapoor said last year (when he was in charge): India could fight a two-front war with Pakistan and China at the same time and end it successfully within 96 hours..............he forgot that China and Pak possess nuclear arms

Well he was wrong there. Especially because of the reason you cited. Course Pakistan might want to re-consider trying to use such a Weapon so close to home.

Vilifier of Zombies
04-23-2012, 07:16 PM

I have no doubt that India could squash Pakistan - nuclear missiles or no nuclear missiles...China on the other hand presents quite a few problems, although if push came to shove - I think India would come out ahead, once you start factoring in Bangladesh - every deployment I've ever been on - from Somalia to Haiti, I even saw some in Croatia and of course Iraq and Afghanistan I've noticed that there's always Bangladeshi soldiers deployed along side the United States - point being, they have decades on top of decades of experience, toss in the United Kingdom and the Gurkhas (as they'd surely side with India as well as India has it's own contingent of Gurkhas) and it's a whole new ballgame.

Something to consider, is China's history - they've been pushed around to the point of kowtowing to other nation state's demands before, the recipe for success was turning China against itself which with a little cunning and posturing it isn't all that much of a stretch to think it couldn't happen again as there's still a lot of animosity amongst it's provinces - there's more than a few that one could all but count on to turn their backs on China given the chance - ninety six hours isn't enough time though, a lot of preparations would have to be made - all it would take to throw a monkey wrench into any plot to overthrow China is China getting wind of what's going on, thus giving China enough time to react - I don't think China, Pakistan, nor India would chance using nuclear weapons, the fact that each of 'em have their own would be a deterrent from any of the three to use 'em...especially that Pakistan could be overtaken without 'em and if you're able to play China against itself there's no point for India to do so.

Captain Obvious
04-23-2012, 07:42 PM
I have no doubt that India could squash Pakistan - nuclear missiles or no nuclear missiles...China on the other hand presents quite a few problems, although if push came to shove - I think India would come out ahead, once you start factoring in Bangladesh - every deployment I've ever been on - from Somalia to Haiti, I even saw some in Croatia and of course Iraq and Afghanistan I've noticed that there's always Bangladeshi soldiers deployed along side the United States - point being, they have decades on top of decades of experience, toss in the United Kingdom and the Gurkhas (as they'd surely side with India as well as India has it's own contingent of Gurkhas) and it's a whole new ballgame.

Something to consider, is China's history - they've been pushed around to the point of kowtowing to other nation state's demands before, the recipe for success was turning China against itself which with a little cunning and posturing it isn't all that much of a stretch to think it couldn't happen again as there's still a lot of animosity amongst it's provinces - there's more than a few that one could all but count on to turn their backs on China given the chance - ninety six hours isn't enough time though, a lot of preparations would have to be made - all it would take to throw a monkey wrench into any plot to overthrow China is China getting wind of what's going on, thus giving China enough time to react - I don't think China, Pakistan, nor India would chance using nuclear weapons, the fact that each of 'em have their own would be a deterrent from any of the three to use 'em...especially that Pakistan could be overtaken without 'em and if you're able to play China against itself there's no point for India to do so.

I've been doing some WWII reading, it's fascinating to see how current "superpowers" were really vulnerable during the war. Russia almost got it's ass kicked by the Germans and we were almost helpless against the Japanese.

There was a bombing, our first campaign to bomb the Japanese mainland which we did with marginal impact but the moral boost was the main objective - to actually take the fight to them. The squadron pretty much all fell or was captured. Most of them landed (by plan) in China where the Japanese either shot them down or caught them - then they "executed" 250,000 Chinese in retaliation for their cooperation in the raid.

All fascinating stuff.

Vilifier of Zombies
04-23-2012, 08:02 PM
I've been doing some WWII reading, it's fascinating to see how current "superpowers" were really vulnerable during the war. Russia almost got it's ass kicked by the Germans and we were almost helpless against the Japanese.

There was a bombing, our first campaign to bomb the Japanese mainland which we did with marginal impact but the moral boost was the main objective - to actually take the fight to them. The squadron pretty much all fell or was captured. Most of them landed (by plan) in China where the Japanese either shot them down or caught them - then they "executed" 250,000 Chinese in retaliation for their cooperation in the raid.

All fascinating stuff.

I agree, it's all really fascinating - the UK also had China under wraps in the century before...reading some of the treaties that came out of the Opium Wars is telling enough..."one sided" just doesn't quite say it...

One of the first books I'd read about China was "The Rape of Nanking," it didn't take all that much for Japan to bring China to it's knees as well as a quarter century before Japan was making short work of the Russians until China leased out Port Arthur (which probably had a lot to do with Japan's animosity towards China) - I think once the concept of the average Japanese's frame of mind during that time period are factored in - it's no surprise that the Japanese had the cajones to attack the United States in the first place - they actually thought themselves superior...

Sure a lot's changed - then again, there's still a whole lot that remains the same, the Japanese are still as crazy as ever (my Japanese Defense Force counterpart put a fuck'n cigar out on his tongue to prove that he wasn't a pussy during a solider exchange program that I was involved with in the early 90's)...