PDA

View Full Version : Darrell Issa Abruptly Ends Hearing Before Witness Can Debunk His White House Attacks

Cigar
07-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Darrell Issa Abruptly Ends Hearing Before Witness Can Debunk His White House Attacks

So what happened?

A Cummings aide said he had no warning the hearing would be cut off before anyone could testify, and said there was no reason for doing so.

A request for comment from Issa's office was not returned.

But two things were apparent to those following the hearing: First, Issa began the hearing irritated that the White House had dismissed his subpoena to compel Obama's political office director, David Simas, to testify. He called it "deeply disturbing" that White House counsel Neil Eggleston said Simas was immune from a congressional subpoena. Second, and perhaps more tellingly, Issa may have wanted to prevent Lerner from testifying since, based on the written testimony she provided ahead of the hearing, she was planning to say the White House Office of Political Strategy and Outreach had done nothing inappropriate, which contradicted Issa's claims leading up to the hearing.

Lerner's shop is charged with enforcing the federal Hatch Act's prohibitions against federal employees engaging in political activity, which makes her the go-to person in the event of allegations of wrongdoing by the White House political office. She was prepared to tell the committee she did her homework and found nothing wrong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/16/darrell-issa-hearing_n_5592009.html

Coward :grin:

texan
07-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Issa may be an idiot but Cummings is twice the idiot.

Bob
07-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Issa is very intelligent. I am proud of this one man from my state. (He comes to CA from Ohio At least he got wealthy here. I read his bio. It is claimed he is worth 450 million dollars. Whereas Obama rose to prominence from his drug days, Issa also has a colorful past.

Amazing what a person can do once he becomes a republican.

exotix
07-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Congressional Mob Guy ....

http://i57.tinypic.com/23t4360.gif