PDA

View Full Version : Another Step Forward for Equality

Cigar
07-21-2014, 10:41 AM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/140721-another-step-forward.jpg

Following the news that President Obama will sign an executive order Monday outlawing anti-LGBT discrimination among federal contractors and federal employees, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) President Chad Griffin issued the following statement:

“With the strokes of a pen, the President will have a very real and immediate impact on the lives of millions of LGBT people across the country. Each and every American worker should be judged based on the work they do, and never because of a fundamental aspect of who they are – like their sexual orientation or gender identity. These actions from the President have the potential to be a keystone in the arch of his administration’s progress, and they send a powerful message to future administrations and to Congress that anti-LGBT discrimination must not be tolerated. We also call on Congress to immediately pass the Employment Non-Discrimination Act.”

EXECUTIVE ORDER
Further Amendments to Executive Order 11478, Equal Employment Opportunity in the Federal Government, and Executive Order 11246, Equal Employment Opportunity

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, including the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act, 40 U.S.C. 101 et seq., and in order to provide for a uniform policy for the Federal Government to prohibit discrimination based on gender identity and take further steps to promote economy and efficiency in Federal Government procurement by prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Amending Executive Order 11478.
Executive Order 11478, as amended, is hereby further amended as follows:
(a) The first sentence of section 1 is amended by substituting “sexual orientation, gender identity,” for “sexual orientation”.
(b) The first sentence of section 7 is amended by substituting “sexual orientation, gender identity,” for “sexual orientation”.

Sec. 2. Amending Executive Order 11246.
Executive Order 11246, as amended, is hereby further amended as follows:
(a) The first sentence of Section 202, paragraph (1) is amended by substituting “sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin” for “sex, or national origin”.
(b) The second sentence of Section 202, paragraph (1) is amended by substituting “sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin” for “sex, or national origin”.
( c ) The first sentence of Section 202, paragraph (2) is amended by substituting “sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin” for “sex, or national origin”.
(d) The first sentence of Section 203, paragraph (d) is amended by substituting “sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin” for “sex, or national origin”.

Section 3. General Provisions.
(a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:
(i) the authority granted by law to an agency or the head thereof; or
(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.
(b) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

2009 -

Oct 28 – President Obama signed The Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, also known as the Matthew Shepard Act, is an American Act of Congress
2010 -
President Obama authorizes the US State Department to provide assistance to LGBT defenders and advocates through the US Embassies abroad
2012 -
May 9 - Barack Obama became the first U.S. president to publicly announced support for same-sex marriage

2013 -

Feb. 22 - President Obama administration urges U.S. Supreme Court to strike down DOMA
Jun. 26 – U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry announced that the US will give visa applications of gay and lesbian spouses in the same manner as heterosexual couples
Jun. 28- US Office of Personnel Management extends federal rights and benefits to married gay and lesbian federal employees and their families
Jul. 12 - The Social Security Administration announced that it would begin accepting benefit claims related to same-sex marriage
Aug. 2 – U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry Announcemens on Visa Changes for Same-Sex Couples
Aug. 14 - DOD Announces Same-Sex Spouse Benefits
Aug. 29 – Treasury and IRS Announce That All Legal Same-Sex Marriages Will Be Recognized For Federal Tax Purposes, Social Security Announces the Processing of claims for same-sex couples
Sept. 23 - First WH Bi Conference
Sept. 24 – Pres Obama’s nominee Todd Hughes, become the nation’s first openly gay federal appeals judge
Oct. 31 - Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel directed the chief of the National Guard Bureau to meet with the adjutants general of nine states to resolve the issue of those states denying ID cards to same-sex spouses at National Guard facilities

2014 –

Jan. 10 - Attorney General Eric Holder recognizes the marriages of more than 1,000 same-sex couples in Utah that took place before the Supreme Court put those unions on hold
Mar 14 – President Obama’s Judge Staci Michelle Yandle, an openly gay African-American woman, to the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
Jun 19 – President Obama’s nominee Judith Ellen Levy was confirmed by the Senate as the first openly lesbian federal judge in Michigan
Jun 19 – President Obama’s nominee Darrin P. Gayles becomes the first black, openly gay male judge was appointed to District Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Jun 20 – President Obama announces a rule that makes legally married same-sex couples eligible for benefits under the Family and Medical Leave Act in all 50 states

Jun 24 – White House Global Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Human Rights Forum

Jul 21 - President Obama will sign an executive order Monday outlawing anti-LGBT discrimination among federal contractors and federal employees . . .

keymanjim
07-21-2014, 10:43 AM
So, he's addressing the handicap of being gay?

Mr. Mensch
07-21-2014, 10:49 AM
So, he's addressing the handicap of being gay?

So if people can have a genetic predilection to be attracted to members of the same sex, why can't other people have a gentic predilection to being disgusted by the idea of same sex marriage?

keymanjim
07-21-2014, 10:51 AM
So if people can have a genetic predilection to be attracted to members of the same sex, why can't other people have a gentic predilection to being disgusted by the idea of same sex marriage?
What if they have genetic predilection towards 12 year old Filipino girls?

Common Sense
07-21-2014, 10:53 AM

You have trouble grasping the concept of consenting adults?

Besides, we're talking about protecting the rights of homosexuals, not your sexual predilections.

Cigar
07-21-2014, 10:55 AM

Besides, we're talking about protecting the rights of homosexuals, not your sexual predilections.

Looks like it sparked some emotions :laugh: of Hate :wink:

Private Pickle
07-21-2014, 10:57 AM

Genetic predisposition to hating is covered by the Constitution. Infringing on the rights of other by limiting those rights is not...

keymanjim
07-21-2014, 10:58 AM

What determines when a person is an adult? An arbitrary number?
If you can say the homosexuality is natural then when a girl reaches puberty then she is ready to have sex. After all, who are we to go against nature?

Common Sense
07-21-2014, 10:59 AM
If you can say the homosexuality is natural then when a girl reaches puberty then she is ready to have sex. After all, who are we to go against nature?

Oh Jesus...you can't have sex with kids, OK?

Private Pickle
07-21-2014, 10:59 AM

Humans.

Cigar
07-21-2014, 11:02 AM

How are they morfing this Thread into something it's not, about Kids?

keymanjim
07-21-2014, 11:05 AM
Do I look Arabic?
Now, how do we determine when a person is an adult?
When can a person legaly drive? 16, 17
When can a person vote? 18
When can a person buy cigarettes? 19, 20, 21.
When can person drink? 21
When can a person be thrown off their parents insurance policy? 26
When can a girl get an abortion without her parents permission? No age limit.

So, let's tie the age of consent to the same age a girl can get an abortion. Seems only right.

Cigar
07-21-2014, 11:06 AM
The is Thread has nothing to d with Sex with Kids ... so why is it your obsession?

Common Sense
07-21-2014, 11:08 AM
Do I look Arabic?
Now, how do we determine when a person is an adult?
When can a person legaly drive? 16, 17
When can a person vote? 18
When can a person buy cigarettes? 19, 20, 21.
When can person drink? 21
When can a person be thrown off their parents insurance policy? 26
When can a girl get an abortion without her parents permission? No age limit.

So, let's tie the age of consent to the same age a girl can get an abortion. Seems only right.

You're the one who brought up having sex with Children as some sort of comparison to homosexuality.

It's not my fault you came up with a fucked up, irrelevant and flawed comparison. I do applaud you for sticking with it. Regardless of the stupidity of said comparison.

keymanjim
The is Thread has nothing to d with Sex with Kids ... so why is it your obsession?
It has to do with equality. FOR EVERYONE!

Common Sense
So dumb...

keymanjim
07-21-2014, 11:09 AM
You're the one who brought up having sex with Children as some sort of comparison to homosexuality.

It's not my fault you came up with a fucked up, irrelevant and flawed comparison. I do applaud you for sticking with it. Regardless of the stupidity of said comparison.
What's flawed with it? I noticed that you didn't put up any counter arguments.

keymanjim
07-21-2014, 11:10 AM
So dumb...
So, you have nothing.

Common Sense
07-21-2014, 11:20 AM
So, you have nothing.

So you also missed my other posts?

I'm sorry that you think you have a real winner here with your idiotic comparison. All it really does is make you look like an advocate for pedophilia.

Cigar
07-21-2014, 11:22 AM
So dumb...

Derailing attempt Failed :laugh: ... unless he's in favor of giving them Voting Rights :grin:

Common Sense
07-21-2014, 11:26 AM
What's flawed with it? I noticed that you didn't put up any counter arguments.

Again, regardless of your feelings about what constitutes an adult, comparing having sex with children to homosexuality is flawed because legally a child cant give consent. What's your next argument, bestiality?

Mainecoons
07-21-2014, 11:30 AM

I'm sorry that you think you have a real winner here with your idiotic comparison. All it really does is make you look like an advocate for pedophilia.

Well, let's look at your contribution to this thread:

Aside from the fact that you don't understand his point, which is "where are the boundaries?" you insulted him right off.

So dumb...

When asked to come up with something of substance, which you obviously haven't thus far you have this:

Aside from your usual potty mouth, just...

I've noticed something else about you. Like Cigar, you spend your "work" days posting nonsense like the above on a chat board. Now to your credit you have honestly admitted that your wife does your work for you, given that this is so why can't you come up with something better than this kind of posting?

Common Sense
07-21-2014, 11:39 AM
Well, let's look at your contribution to this thread:

[/COLOR]Aside from the fact that you don't understand his point, which is "where are the boundaries?" you insulted him right off.

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR][/COLOR]

When asked to come up with something of substance, which you obviously haven't thus far you have this:

[/COLOR]Aside from your usual potty mouth, just...

I've noticed something else about you. Like Cigar, you spend your "work" days posting nonsense like the above on a chat board. Now to your credit you have honestly admitted that your wife does your work for you, given that this is so why can't you come up with something better than this kind of posting?

Did I say my wife works for me? She helps me with some aspects of my business, sure. But she also has a very good job herself. But I understand, you have to make it personal.

My disdain for KJ comes from another thread where he refers to children as "vermin", now he is virtually condoning having sex with children.

So why don't you mind your own fucking business.

But again, I understand you're obsessed with me. It's getting sort of weird.

Mainecoons
07-21-2014, 11:40 AM
No comment on the quality of your contribution to this thread?

I can understand that, it speaks for itself.

Common Sense
07-21-2014, 11:42 AM
No comment on the quality of your contribution to this thread?

I can understand that, it speaks for itself.

Yes, attack me. Not the guy who calls children vermin or condones pedophilia.

Does your hatred of me know no bounds?

Mainecoons
07-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Try and get beyond your narcissistic personality disorder and realize that I've shown just how shallow and dimwitted your posting on this thread was.

Learn from it.

Common Sense
07-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Try and get beyond your narcissistic personality disorder and realize that I've shown just how shallow and dimwitted your posting on this thread was.

Learn from it.

Why are you such an ardent supporter of pedophilia?

Cigar
07-21-2014, 11:46 AM
Yes, attack me. Not the guy who calls children vermin or condones pedophilia.

Does your hatred of me know no bounds?

Trust me ... Rules don't apply to him :wink:

keymanjim
07-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Again, regardless of your feelings about what constitutes an adult, comparing having sex with children to homosexuality is flawed because legally a child cant give consent. What's your next argument, bestiality?
Laws can be changed. Recently, by a simple executive order.
There was a time in this country when blacks and women couldn't vote. But, we've progressed from that. No sense in stopping now.

keymanjim
07-21-2014, 12:15 PM

Does it make your hate more palatable to give it a negative name?

Mainecoons
07-21-2014, 12:16 PM
Why are you such an ardent supporter of pedophilia?

:rofl:

Common Sense
07-21-2014, 12:17 PM
There was a time in this country when blacks and women couldn't vote. But, we've progressed from that. No sense in stopping now.

Well you better get out there and lobby the govt to make 12 year olds adults...

Seriously, if you really can't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you.

Common Sense
07-21-2014, 12:17 PM

:rofl:

But why are you?

Mainecoons
07-21-2014, 12:18 PM

Poor example. A much better example is that the country used to try and protect the unborn, now they are slaughtered by the millions.

Kids are in deep doo doo in America these days. They are as disposable as their diapers.

You're point, which the Canadian missed and distorted, is valid. When you have no boundaries, anything is possible. What seems far fetched to us now may become reality if the social and cultural degradation and decay continues along the current path.

For example, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the "age of consent" has been lowering quite steadily in the last 50 years.

Cigar
07-21-2014, 12:21 PM
Poor example. A much better example is that the country used to try and protect the unborn, now they are slaughtered by the millions.

Kids are in deep doo doo in America these days. They are as disposable as their diapers.

Especially if the Diaper is brown like their skin

keymanjim
07-21-2014, 12:22 PM

Seriously, if you really can't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you.
The only difference is some arbitrary number.
So far you have yet to explain why sex with a 12 year old should remain illegal.

keymanjim
07-21-2014, 12:24 PM
Especially if the Diaper is brown like their skin
That was why planned parenthood was created. To decrease the black population.

Common Sense
07-21-2014, 12:25 PM
So far you have yet to explain why sex with a 12 year old should remain illegal.

It's not arbitrary. There is rationale behind it. A 12 year old is not an adult. They have not developed into an adult physically or mentally. There are laws that protect children from people who take advantage of this innocent and undeveloped nature.

Comparing that to what two adults do is disingenuous.

Mainecoons
07-21-2014, 12:25 PM
Actually, the Canadian potty mouth demonstrates the erosion of boundaries very well though his own behavior. It wasn't that long ago that his constant public profanity would have gotten him handled. Now, among his generation, it seems to have become an indicator of erudite communication.

Common Sense
07-21-2014, 12:26 PM
Actually, the Canadian potty mouth demonstrates the erosion of boundaries very well though his own behavior. It wasn't that long ago that his constant public profanity would have gotten him handled. Now, among his generation, it seems to have become an indicator of erudite communication.

Handled? How so? This isn't the public.

My use of profanity was used to demonstrate a point. One you clearly missed.

Fuckity fuck fuck fuck...

keymanjim
07-21-2014, 12:28 PM
It's not arbitrary. There is rationale behind it. A 12 year old is not an adult. They have not developed into an adult physically or mentally. There are laws that protect children from people who take advantage of this innocent and undeveloped nature.

Comparing that to what two adults do is disingenuous.
But, when a girl begins to menstruate it's nature saying they are ready to breed. If you want to say they are not mentally ready, well then I can say anyone on welfare isn't either. Since they can't figure out how to take care of their own children without public assistance. And, we allow them to breed like flies.

Common Sense
07-21-2014, 12:33 PM
But, when a girl begins to menstruate it's nature saying they are ready to breed. If you want to say they are not mentally ready, well then I can say anyone on welfare isn't either. Since they can't figure out how to take care of their own children without public assistance. And, we allow them to breed like flies.

I suppose you consider them "vermin" as well...

Mainecoons
07-21-2014, 12:35 PM
BTW, any one who has read history knows that during Medieval times, the age of consent was puberty and it was not at all common for sex to occur well before the age of 16.

For those who think it can't happen, it already has.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty

http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/item/16581-the-slippery-slope-to-pedophilia

I'd say this supports Keyman's point that this can and has happened where a society lacks boundaries.

Mainecoons
07-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Handled? How so? This isn't the public.

My use of profanity was used to demonstrate a point. One you clearly missed.

Fuckity fuck fuck fuck...

Not at all. You've demonstrated that you're an immature individual who calls attention to himself using profanity.

Unfortunately, most here do not see it as a substitute for real discussion.

Cigar
07-21-2014, 12:38 PM

I'm amazed you need an explanation

Common Sense
07-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Not at all. You've demonstrated that you're an immature individual who calls attention to himself using profanity.

Unfortunately, most here do not see it as a substitute for real discussion.

You need to lighten up...

http://media.brainz.org/uploads/2011/06/fuck.gif

Mainecoons
07-21-2014, 12:43 PM
And you need to grow up.

Common Sense
07-21-2014, 12:47 PM
And you need to grow up.

How so? Adults don't swear?

The way I see it, when I see fallacious, idiotic arguments here and anywhere else, I react in a manner that I feel the subject and the presenter deserve. When a logical argument is presented in a normal manner, I respond in kind. I've had several interesting and courteous debates here and elsewhere. However, when presented with idiots and their idiotic posts, I tend to have some fun. That's where we are now. But rarely do they follow me around like lost dogs.

keymanjim
07-21-2014, 12:51 PM
How so? Adults don't swear?

The fuck we don't.

keymanjim
07-21-2014, 12:52 PM
I suppose you consider them "vermin" as well...
Who? The 12 year old or the welfare rat?

Mainecoons
07-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Seven "I's" and one me in that post. Not bad, junior.

From Mayo:

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance and a deep need for admiration. Those with narcissistic personality disorder believe that they're superior to others and have little regard for other people's feelings. But behind this mask of ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem, vulnerable to the slightest criticism.Narcissistic personality disorder is one of several types of personality disorders. Personality disorders are conditions in which people have traits that cause them to feel and behave in socially distressing ways, limiting their ability to function in relationships and in other areas of their life, such as work or school.

Now, let's take a look at your post aside from the 7 "I's" and one "me" in a few sentences.

"I see fallacious, idiotic arguments." Translated: Everything but what I believe is fallacious and idiotice. Yep, NPD.

"I fee the subject and presenter deserve..." Definitely NPD. You're judge, jury and executioner.

"When presented with idiots and their idiotic posts..." by my standards only. It never occurs to me that maybe I'm the idiot here.

"they follow me around like lost dogs..." because, after all, I'm the center of the universe.

Little man, I really am beginning to think that your NPD is so serious you should seek treatment. I think it is covered by your "free" heath care.

Common Sense
07-21-2014, 12:59 PM
Seven "I's" and one me in that post. Not bad, junior.

From Mayo:

Now, let's take a look at your post aside from the 7 "I's" and one "me" in a few sentences.

"I see fallacious, idiotic arguments." Translated: Everything but what I believe is fallacious and idiotice. Yep, NPD.

"I fee the subject and presenter deserve..." Definitely NPD. You're judge, jury and executioner.

"When presented with idiots and their idiotic posts..." by my standards only. It never occurs to me that maybe I'm the idiot here.

"they follow me around like lost dogs..." because, after all, I'm the center of the universe.

Little man, I really am beginning to think that your NPD is so serious you should seek treatment. I think it is covered by your "free" heath care.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Yes, when I'm talking about how I think I do reference myself.

Your obsession with me continues.

It's getting a little old. Do you understand why I talk to you the way I do?

Mr. Mensch
07-21-2014, 12:59 PM

You shouldn't talk about Cigar like that.

Mainecoons
07-21-2014, 01:00 PM
Yes. You suffer from NPD and serious grandiosity.

Do you understand how you appear to others?

Shallow, immature, arrogant and unschooled to name a few.

Cigar
07-21-2014, 01:05 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/43251269.jpg (http://memegenerator.net/instance/43251269)

texan
07-21-2014, 01:17 PM
What a waste of time, they already had the protection. This is called a political stunt!

Chloe
07-21-2014, 01:18 PM
All, please stop with the personal insults. Thanks

Mr. Mensch
07-21-2014, 01:19 PM
What a waste of time, they already had the protection. This is called a political stunt!

Obama was just setting the stage for when he finally comes out and admits he is gay.

Cigar
07-21-2014, 01:20 PM

... and another Victory :grin:

Cigar
07-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Obama was just setting the stage for when he finally comes out and admits he is gay.

:roflmao: Derangement :laugh:

keymanjim
07-21-2014, 01:21 PM
I thought he was black. That means he likes chunky white women.
Which is why he'll support hillery.:roflmao:

Mainecoons
07-21-2014, 01:22 PM
Stranger things have happened. We have a Mexican lady friend who had two kids by her husband of many years and they are now divorced because he declared fairly late in life that he was "gay."

How anything about this could be construed as "gay" escapes me but for what it is worth this is a personal example. I've known of others but never this close to home.

Cigar
07-21-2014, 01:27 PM
Maybe he just couldn't handle the Hot Tamales

Bob
07-21-2014, 01:56 PM

Since this is just a stunt, I plan to waste next to no time on this topic.

That said, it's a stunt. This is a thing he could have done in 2009, the day he took office.

Examine the influence.

The workers of the Government. It does not apply to anybody else.

Obama is merely a narcissist.

Who read Article 2 of the Constitution that verifies the President is not the King, all he has is about half a dozen jobs.

Bob
07-21-2014, 01:58 PM
Stranger things have happened. We have a Mexican lady friend who had two kids by her husband of many years and they are now divorced because he declared fairly late in life that he was "gay."

How anything about this could be construed as "gay" escapes me but for what it is worth this is a personal example. I've known of others but never this close to home.

I appraised a home in my city where the man told me that his wife of dozens of years took off to live with some woman she met while going back to college to finish her degree.

I bet her children were heartbroken.

texan
07-21-2014, 02:19 PM
I guess I missed it, what is teh win they got?

Cigar
07-21-2014, 02:20 PM
I guess I missed it, what is teh win they got?

To do what they want ... just like you

keymanjim
07-21-2014, 02:22 PM
To do what they want ... just like you
Like marry a 12 year old Filipino girl?

Peter1469
07-21-2014, 02:42 PM
Warning: Stop attacking other members. This is becoming a pattern. Stick with the topic.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Mainecoons
07-21-2014, 02:43 PM
You mean like sticking with the topic by deliberately distorting another's post to claim they are pedophiles?

OK.

Pete, suggest you see Post #22.

Mainecoons
07-21-2014, 03:37 PM
BTW, Keyman's suggestion that we are headed towards tolerating pedophilia because of the "anything goes" mentality of the times, which "common" sense did his best to misrepresent and derail serious discussion of as I detailed in post #22, which is why I got on his case and don't apologize for it at all, is buttressed by a parallel example:

http://libertyunyielding.com/2014/07/19/great-news-mtvs-new-happyland-incest-theme/

This is reported on several sites and I can't find any report where they are denying it. This is how the leftist media tears down the boundaries of society, by constantly advancing into areas that should be off limits regardless of politics.

And, of course, there's this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Man/Boy_Love_Association

http://www.thewire.com/global/2013/09/richard-dawkins-defends-mild-pedophilia-again-and-again/69269/

http://www.sott.net/article/281725-Justified-outrage-as-Australian-judge-says-incest-pedophilia-may-be-accepted-by-society

Trivializing this concern in light of both ancient and much more modern history is ignorant and blind. It HAS happened and IT CAN happen again unless we start drawing some boundaries.

zelmo1234
07-21-2014, 03:39 PM

I thought that people could not choose who they fall in love with? Guess I was wrong

zelmo1234
07-21-2014, 03:41 PM

Wow I would not have guessed that you would discriminate against people like that.

After all it is not their fault, god made them that way

zelmo1234
07-21-2014, 03:45 PM

There were a lot of laws against Homosexuality once upon a time too.

We are just pointing out the next fight that the left will take up and trying to prepare for it.

Peter1469
07-21-2014, 04:10 PM
Attention: PM a mod to discuss moderation.
Don't respond to Main in this thread. He has been thread banned.

You mean like sticking with the topic by deliberately distorting another's post to claim they are pedophiles?

OK.

Pete, suggest you see Post #22.