PDA

View Full Version : Tony Blair Tells Europe to Quit Begging the U.S. for Help

Cigar
07-21-2014, 01:50 PM
The former British prime minister and partner of George W. Bush says 70 years is enough time depending on Washington.

Tony Blair has called for Europe to pull itself together and stop begging the United States for help every time something goes wrong.

The former British prime minister said it was time the continent stood on its own two feet more than 70 years after America intervened decisively in the Second World War. Recent crises in the region and conflicts in countries along the border have exposed the total reliance on Washington to alter events within Europe’s neighborhood.

Blair said it was incongruous that such an economically powerful union was still “having to turn to the U.S. and ask for their help” whenever a foreign policy crisis erupted whether it be Libya, Syria or Ukraine. More than a decade after the birth of his partnership with President George W. Bush, he said Brussels (capital of the European Union) should develop a stronger foreign policy and more powerful defense strategy.

“Now I’m a great fan of the U.S.,” he said. “I think it’s important that we remain strong allies of the U.S. but we ought to develop in Europe the capability of being able to handle the problems on our own doorstep.”

Read more: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/21/tony-blair-tells-europe-to-quit-begging-the-u-s-for-help.html

Fucking-"A" :headbang:

donttread
07-21-2014, 01:52 PM
The former British prime minister and partner of George W. Bush says 70 years is enough time depending on Washington.

Tony Blair has called for Europe to pull itself together and stop begging the United States for help every time something goes wrong.

The former British prime minister said it was time the continent stood on its own two feet more than 70 years after America intervened decisively in the Second World War. Recent crises in the region and conflicts in countries along the border have exposed the total reliance on Washington to alter events within Europe’s neighborhood.

Blair said it was incongruous that such an economically powerful union was still “having to turn to the U.S. and ask for their help” whenever a foreign policy crisis erupted whether it be Libya, Syria or Ukraine. More than a decade after the birth of his partnership with President George W. Bush, he said Brussels (capital of the European Union) should develop a stronger foreign policy and more powerful defense strategy.

“Now I’m a great fan of the U.S.,” he said. “I think it’s important that we remain strong allies of the U.S. but we ought to develop in Europe the capability of being able to handle the problems on our own doorstep.”

Read more: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07/21/tony-blair-tells-europe-to-quit-begging-the-u-s-for-help.html

Fucking-"A" :headbang:

He should know, siding with George cost him his job

Matty
07-21-2014, 01:54 PM
Tony Blair is 100% correct. And that advice goes to the rest of the world too.

texan
07-21-2014, 02:16 PM
Yeah well Cigar he isn't saying what you are trying to make it out to be. All he is saying is lead, something void in the world at this time. When you do lead it would make us pony up and you wouldn't be for that...................know what I am for as this country goes? Doing the right thing and protecting us and ultimately the world from the evil that lurks in the Putins and Muslim countries of the world. I am not afraid to be out front and calling a spade a spade.

texan
07-21-2014, 02:17 PM
We should announce today that we are deploying the Missle Dome to Ukraine and those around them.

Mister D
07-21-2014, 02:20 PM
You all realize the US doesn't want its colony to leave its control, right?

kilgram
07-21-2014, 02:30 PM
"El perro faldero" of USA asking to don't beg USA for help. HAHAHA.

Perro faldero = lapdog

The Sage of Main Street
07-21-2014, 03:53 PM
He should know, siding with George cost him his job He sided with British Petroleum, which was outraged that Saddam was producing beyond his quota and driving oil profits down. BP stands for "Blair in our Pocket."

zelmo1234
07-21-2014, 04:03 PM
And so the arms race begins?

Dangermouse
07-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Blair's first four years in office were his best. During the next six, due to his increasing narcissism and messiah complex, he led his country into war. The best way for the Labour party to regain power would be to disown him and work toward his appearance in front of a tribunal at the Hague.

texan
07-21-2014, 04:48 PM
They were better off with him in place just like the American People have started to realize about the current guy we put in place.

Mini Me
07-21-2014, 04:49 PM
He sided with British Petroleum, which was outraged that Saddam was producing beyond his quota and driving oil profits down. BP stands for "Blair in our Pocket."

The UK has never recovered from the 'Iron Maiden' Thatcher selling England by the pound!

The Sage of Main Street
07-22-2014, 10:56 AM
The UK has never recovered from the 'Iron Maiden' Thatcher selling England by the pound! Maggie was a golddigger who had married a millionaire's brat. On her watch, the UKuleles' economy improved only because Reagan had intimidated OPEC into lowering the price of oil.

texan
07-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Maggie was a good partner and that is the point.

Name Obama's foreign partner, who is his relationship with? Now go back and look at the other Presidents and their piers they worked with......Can't name any for Obama can you?