PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare in Kentucky: The luxury of seeing a doctor

Cigar
07-21-2014, 02:49 PM
Healthcare reform is President Obama's signature piece of domestic legislation, and also his most controversial, with strong political opposition and continuing legal challenges. But millions have signed up for "Obamacare" in its first year, gaining access to medical care they previously could not afford.

Liberty Sizemore leans back in her chair and beams. The 26-year-old filling station cashier has just been told her enrolment in Obamacare is complete. Now she can have her first routine doctor's appointment for seven years.

"I am so happy," says Sizemore as she waits at the Grace Community Health Centre in Clay County, Kentucky, "I've not had insurance since I turned 19." But Sizemore is also nervous. She is seriously overweight and was warned in her teens that she was likely to develop diabetes. Without health insurance she has not been able to afford tests or check-ups to see if she has indeed got the disease.

"I'll go to the hospital only in an emergency," says Sizemore, who is still paying off the $10,000 bill for removing her appendix two years ago. "That's what's on my credit card right now," she sighs, "hospital bills."

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28337867

:wink:

Captain Obvious
07-21-2014, 02:50 PM
So how many Kentuckians shouted out a bid?

keymanjim
07-21-2014, 02:52 PM
Has she thought about taking a walk around the block every once in a while? You know, not letting her obesity make her an even greater burden on society now that we have to pay for her?

Mainecoons
07-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Has she thought about taking a walk around the block every once in a while? You know, not letting her obesity make her an even greater burden on society now that we have to pay for her?

Uh oh, clearly you have violated the rules of the brave new leftist world of PC and victimhood. She's a victim because she's fat, not because she won't control her appetite and make healthy choices. McDonalds, et. al. did it to her. Hence, she deserves to be supported and overfed by the rest of us.

You're going to have to get with the picture if you want to be a "good" Amerikan these days.

Cigar
07-21-2014, 03:05 PM
As the Losers shout :laugh:

The Sage of Main Street
07-21-2014, 03:27 PM
Healthcare reform is President Obama's signature piece of domestic legislation, and also his most controversial, with strong political opposition and continuing legal challenges. But millions have signed up for "Obamacare" in its first year, gaining access to medical care they previously could not afford.

Liberty Sizemore leans back in her chair and beams. The 26-year-old filling station cashier has just been told her enrolment in Obamacare is complete. Now she can have her first routine doctor's appointment for seven years.

"I am so happy," says Sizemore as she waits at the Grace Community Health Centre in Clay County, Kentucky, "I've not had insurance since I turned 19." But Sizemore is also nervous. She is seriously overweight and was warned in her teens that she was likely to develop diabetes. Without health insurance she has not been able to afford tests or check-ups to see if she has indeed got the disease.

"I'll go to the hospital only in an emergency," says Sizemore, who is still paying off the $10,000 bill for removing her appendix two years ago. "That's what's on my credit card right now," she sighs, "hospital bills."

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28337867

:wink: Good. Now maybe they'll vote out their Lizardtarian senator, Randy Paul.

Mainecoons
07-21-2014, 03:29 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keyman, above this are two examples of what is considered good Amerikans these days. :grin:

The Sage of Main Street
07-21-2014, 03:32 PM
Uh oh, clearly you have violated the rules of the brave new leftist world of PC and victimhood. She's a victim because she's fat, not because she won't control her appetite and make healthy choices. McDonalds, et. al. did it to her. Hence, she deserves to be supported and overfed by the rest of us.

You're going to have to get with the picture if you want to be a "good" Amerikan these days. Maybe she should illegally get a illegal maid to buy her oxycodone for weight loss, like Rush Limbaugh did. Oh wait, it didn't work; he's still a fatass.