PDA

View Full Version : The lefts obsesson with the Tea party they created

texan
07-22-2014, 02:41 PM
I read Ceegar's posts about the Tea Party and how they bite their own like a rattler, how they have ruined Obama's ability to govern and just how they are the monster in the closet.

It is a brilliant marketing campaign because Obama and the democrats are the creators of the Tea Party. It was the unilateral non-inclusive approach togoverning that gave birth. In 2006 the dems blasted Bush with many many unfairlies quite similar to what they complain about today against Obama. They spent money over money to fund anti war groups like Code Pink to stir it up much inthe same way. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander (what the hell is a gander?). All the dems voted for the war and then acted like they didn't. They gave Bush unilateral authority to handle the situation as he saw fit. He didn’t even have to talk about WMD’s he had authority to do whatever he deemed needed, thank you dem party. That is the bottom line and a simple explanation.

So once they got a majority control in 2006 they started down the road to ram things down everyone’s throat and that got them in trouble. The organically grown Tea Party then materialized. The more they lied to people about O'care the more people joined to fight. It wasn't sprung from racism as they would now like everyone to think (marketing) or birth certificates (marketing). It was Obamacare, of which they were right about we were obviously lied to over and over. So they created their own villain.

That villain wiped them clean in 2010 with the largest defeat in mid terms history. It wasn't a little loss or a normal loss it was a GIGANTIC loss. Now they have it mounting again and have lopped on national security in the same fashion as Yimmy Carter. We look weak and un-influential. I realize that it isa matter of opinion, but if I had to market us looking weak and disengaged it would be easy marketing.

Green Arrow
07-22-2014, 03:09 PM
David Brat is really the Tea Party's only major success since 2010. This year in particular, establishment Republicans have pretty easily beat down all their Tea Party-backed challengers. The Tea Party, like OWS, is going to be a fart in the wind in another couple election cycles. Meanwhile, the libertarians are still gaining momentum.

Mainecoons
07-22-2014, 03:11 PM
There really are too many neocons and moral majority types in the TP for it to succeed IMO.

Green Arrow
07-22-2014, 03:14 PM
There really are too many neocons and moral majority types in the TP for it to succeed IMO.

Plus, it made a major mistake in becoming a partisan wing of the Republican Party. It was strong when it first started precisely because it was non-partisan and stuck to messaging that had broad appeal. I was even a member, with my family, at the time.

They should have formed a third party, instead of gravitating ever closer to the GOP. That would have broken our two party system, I guarantee it.

texan
07-22-2014, 03:57 PM
It served its purpose................For both parties.....

midcan5
07-22-2014, 04:02 PM
The tea party is simply a creation of a lost election to a Black man and the corporate management of the minds of the republicans, libertarians, and an assortment of genuine nutcases of the paranoid and militia types. The odd thing is they are so wacky they support losing candidates whose ideas are off the wall, off any wall. They will eventually become just another think tank type whiner society with well paid corporate talking heads who spin total BS. That is already happening. Their function is activating the insecure and paranoid voters. They have their valued place in the plutocracy that is America today.

Taliban / Tea Party / Libertarian

What do these ideologies share as common ground?

Let's be charitable folks, Mississippi is one of the most backward states in the nation. Drive the back roads sometime, talk to the people, check out their educational and earnings levels, the south in America is ruled by a rigid ideology, now consider the tea party: ideological, uncompromising, fundamentalist, anti-science, tribalism, xenophobia, misogynist, anti-intellect, militia mentality, anti-immigration, in a real sense the epitome of anti American values of inclusiveness and community.

"Still, the Tea Party has also been around long enough to have a record, of sorts. Let’s look at the legacy: No significant legislation, no changes for the better in American life, and no compromise, of course, with the majority of voters who say in numerous polls that the Tea Party has been mostly a negative force in politics. One follows the other, since by the absolutist nature of their philosophy Tea Party members believe that any effort to govern with those they disagree with is traitorous."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/06/opinion/egan-tea-party-dead-enders.html

'Oklahoma Tea Party Candidate Supports Stoning Gay People to Death'
Oklahoma Tea Party candidate Scott Esk supports stoning gay people to death. (http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/06/11/oklahoma_tea_party_candidate_scott_esk_supports_st oning_gay_people_to_death.html)

"Koch’s detractors also like to point out the irony of the so-called grassroots tea-party movement’s being funded by a billionaire. Koch’s real motives, they say, are self-serving. In April, Fang posted a dossier on Koch that attributes to his groups a decades-long pattern of “Astroturfing”—funding movements designed to look grassroots, but which in fact represent corporate interests. Richard Fink insists that Koch’s political activity is about principles, not money. “I view David as a courageous American who has a set of beliefs that he’s willing to support consistently over time despite all the flak he gets,” Fink says. “Very few people would do that.”" http://nymag.com/news/features/67285/index4.html

Green Arrow
07-22-2014, 04:09 PM
It served its purpose................For both parties.....

Which was what, exactly?

Matty
07-22-2014, 04:28 PM
Hey! Where is old code pink?

texan
07-22-2014, 05:07 PM
Code Pink gets money from the Dem party and they don't need them, that is where they are............

The dems used the Tea Party as I pointed out, the monster in the closet. Raise money and scare people.

The pugs rode them to a historical mid term win and may do it once more.

Pretty clear cut.

Green Arrow
07-22-2014, 08:43 PM
Code Pink has been out, their protests just don't get media attention anymore. How is that relevant to a Tea Party thread, though?

texan
07-23-2014, 01:31 PM
That was an answer to Matalese

Cigar
07-23-2014, 01:34 PM
:rofl: The Left Created The Tee Party ... now the Right is Disowning them .... :laugh:

Mini Me
07-23-2014, 01:57 PM
Plus, it made a major mistake in becoming a partisan wing of the Republican Party. It was strong when it first started precisely because it was non-partisan and stuck to messaging that had broad appeal. I was even a member, with my family, at the time.

They should have formed a third party, instead of gravitating ever closer to the GOP. That would have broken our two party system, I guarantee it.

I thought crazy old uncle Ron Paul had started the TP.
Then it got hijacked by the Koch Brothers billionaires.

Is Ted Cruz still the big star of the TP? Or is it Rand?

Not that I give a shit, they are all Rethuglicans!

Actually, the Third Way Dems are more dangerous, because they pose as liberals, yet are avowed corporate and Wall Street whores! Like Maobama!

Redrose
07-23-2014, 02:02 PM
:rofl: The Left Created The Tee Party ... now the Right is Disowning them .... :laugh:
Laugh if you must. The left screwed things up so badly, people, from all political parties, all races, felt it necessary to unite to save our country, the Tea Party movement was born.