PDA

View Full Version : Welfare Does Not Fix Poverty, It causes it................

Libhater
07-24-2014, 06:57 AM
All you liberal lovers of the nanny state and criticizers of Conservatives as waging a war on women and children should watch and listen to this 5+ minute audio video that gives you the statistics stating that we spend over a trillion dollars a year on welfare benefits that have failed miserable over the past half century or so. Open your eyes and ears libs as you people are responsible for every social, economic and cultural decline our nation has ever had.

http://conservativevideos.com/2014/07/welfare-fix-poverty-causes/

zelmo1234
07-24-2014, 07:15 AM
Well I have been trying to tell them this, but they not only will not listen, the Democratic party has a vested interest in not changing the system.

After a few years they no longer have the will to break free of the system, this is right were the democrats want them. totally dependent!

Now all they have to do is tell them that the Republicans are going to take their benefits away, or force them to work and they come flooding to the polls

The misunderstanding for those people that are on these programs is that they were created out of compassion, but this is not true, they are created out of one parties lust for power and control over the population

Mainecoons
07-24-2014, 07:16 AM
Turning out the welfare vote is how "Republican" Thad Cochran "won" (stole) his primary.

That one is a real demonstration of the reality of the Donkephant.

1751_Texan
07-24-2014, 07:18 AM
Welfare was never designed to end poverty or fix/solve why Americans are poor or become impoverished.

Mainecoons
07-24-2014, 07:19 AM
Nope. It was designed to "have those Ns voting Democrat for the next two hundred years."

The same approach is now being used by the Democrats with immigration.

Libhater
07-24-2014, 07:49 AM
Welfare was never designed to end poverty or fix/solve why Americans are poor or become impoverished.

That may be, but the welfare programs from LBJ's 'Great Society' programs going forward haven't stopped liberal politicians from using it as their base agenda to garner votes and make a spectacle out of our poor for political reasons.

Captain Obvious
07-24-2014, 08:15 AM
Good luck with that too.

lynn
07-24-2014, 09:46 AM
Welfare aid typically goes to single mother's that have kids to feed. Almost 50% of the births in this country are born to women on Medicaid. I would imagine these women do not have the time or care to vote. The system makes it too easy for these women to keep getting pregnant as this increases their welfare allowance.

People that are against birth control or abortion should realize that they shouldn't bitch about all of the people on welfare that they are paying for in taxes.

Cigar
07-24-2014, 10:21 AM
The next time some idiot says "The Job Creators will Fix It"; first tell them to look out the window, place your foot in the middle of their back, then kick really hard until they go through the window.

It may not solve the Poverty Problem, but it's a start.

Jets
07-24-2014, 10:55 AM
Welfare itself is not the problem

However, abuse and dependency of welfare is.

My two cents.

Libhater
07-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Welfare itself is not the problem

However, abuse and dependency of welfare is.

That doesn't make sense. Abuse and cradle to grave dependency is what you get with a welfare state. So how is welfare not the problem?

Jets
07-24-2014, 11:31 AM
That doesn't make sense. Abuse and cradle to grave dependency is what you get with a welfare state. So how is welfare not the problem?

The idea behind welfare is to assist those who really need it. Its a necessary safety net. Whether its implemented on the state level or federal level, it has to be in place to assist those charities that help those in legitimate need. I would say that if the charities could meet those needs themselves, than I would reduce it accordingly.

IMHO