PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare Website Getting So Much Traffic It's Surprising Experts

Cigar
07-25-2014, 06:00 PM
For months, journalists and politicians fixated on the number of people signing up for health insurance through the federal exchange created as part of the Affordable Care Act. It turned out that more than 5 million people signed up using Healthcare.gov by April 19, the end of the open-enrollment period.

But perhaps more surprising is that, according to federal data released Wednesday to ProPublica, there have been nearly 1 million transactions on the exchange since then. People are allowed to sign up and switch plans after certain life events, such as job changes, moves, the birth of a baby, marriages and divorces.

The volume of these transactions was a jolt even for those who have watched the rollout of the ACA most closely.

"That's higher than I would have expected," said Larry Levitt, senior vice president for special initiatives at the Kaiser Family Foundation. "There are a lot of people who qualify for special enrollment, but my assumption has been that few of them would actually sign up."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/24/obamacare-website-visitors-healthcaregov_n_5618279.html?utm_hp_ref=politics&ir=Politics

Matty
07-25-2014, 06:03 PM
Anything higher than three would be quite surprising.

Cigar
07-25-2014, 06:10 PM
Anything higher than three would be quite surprising.

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/PlantB/2014/PlantB20140725_low.jpg

momsapplepie
07-25-2014, 06:23 PM
the federal website has been disallowed to hand out subsidies.

Cigar
07-25-2014, 06:26 PM
I remember not so long ago conservatives saying it will never get 3 Million ... even people on this Forum.

Where are they now ... ? :grin:

BOOM

zelmo1234
07-25-2014, 06:41 PM
I remember not so long ago conservatives saying it will never get 3 Million ... even people on this Forum.

Where are they now ... ? :grin:

BOOM

How many people LOST their insurance?

The additional number of people that have insurance is very small, and many of the are the kids that got to stay on mommy's insurance, and those that qualified for Medicaid expansion!

momsapplepie
07-25-2014, 06:43 PM
all the new illegals are applying.

Cigar
07-25-2014, 06:44 PM
How many people LOST their insurance?

The additional number of people that have insurance is very small, and many of the are the kids that got to stay on mommy's insurance, and those that qualified for Medicaid expansion!

How Many LOST their Insurance?
How Many was able to finally able to have Insurance?

I'll go with the over ...

Cigar
07-25-2014, 06:45 PM
all the new illegals are applying.

Prove it ... :laugh:

zelmo1234
07-25-2014, 06:49 PM
How Many LOST their Insurance?
How Many was able to finally able to have Insurance?

I'll go with the over ...

Over 6 million people lost their insurance, and Obama used an EO to change the law to delay the employer mandate, as the CBO said that at least 15 million more would have lost their insurance.

So lets stay that the Administrations numbers are totally correct, and that there are 9 million people signed up.

Take away 6 million that give you 3 million new insurance.

the latest CBO score is for 7 trillion dollars in new debt because of the ACA over the next 10 years.

That is a cost of 233,333.33 per person per year! That is some fucking expensive insurance

Cigar
07-25-2014, 06:50 PM
Over 6 million people lost their insurance, and Obama used an EO to change the law to delay the employer mandate, as the CBO said that at least 15 million more would have lost their insurance.

So lets stay that the Administrations numbers are totally correct, and that there are 9 million people signed up.

Take away 6 million that give you 3 million new insurance.

the latest CBO score is for 7 trillion dollars in new debt because of the ACA over the next 10 years.

That is a cost of 233,333.33 per person per year! That is some fucking expensive insurance

http://www.tnooz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/missing-link.jpg (http://www.tnooz.com/article/can-a-state-backed-technology-project-provide-the-travel-industrys-missing-link/)

zelmo1234
07-25-2014, 06:54 PM
http://www.tnooz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/missing-link.jpg (http://www.tnooz.com/article/can-a-state-backed-technology-project-provide-the-travel-industrys-missing-link/)

Yes I thought that you would be checking out!

Cigar
07-25-2014, 06:55 PM
Yes I thought that you would be checking out!

Are you trying to say those 6 Million people no longer have insurance? :grin:

zelmo1234
07-25-2014, 07:02 PM
Are you trying to say those 6 Million people no longer have insurance? :grin:

No! By all means, NO They had insurance, that they liked and could afford, and that got canceled, so they were forced to go to the ACA and purchase Insurance that cost more, has higher deductibles and they could not go to the same doctors that they have before!

Cigar
07-25-2014, 07:03 PM
No! By all means, NO They had insurance, that they liked and could afford, and that got canceled, so they were forced to go to the ACA and purchase Insurance that cost more, has higher deductibles and they could not go to the same doctors that they have before!

Ok ... so the truth comes out.

BTW ... I like what I was paying for Cable 10 years ago

zelmo1234
07-25-2014, 07:09 PM
Ok ... so the truth comes out.

BTW ... I like what I was paying for Cable 10 years ago

So you are agreeing with me that these people were forced to buy insurance that they did not want, and it cost more and covers less.

See you are coming around

Cigar
07-25-2014, 07:11 PM
So you are agreeing with me that these people were forced to buy insurance that they did not want, and it cost more and covers less.

See you are coming around

Welcome to the real world ... people are forced to buy insurance that they did not want everyday

zelmo1234
07-25-2014, 07:56 PM
Welcome to the real world ... people are forced to buy insurance that they did not want everyday

Actually, before the ACA? They were not forced to purchase insurance that they did not want

Cigar
07-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Actually, before the ACA? They were not forced to purchase insurance that they did not want

Yea I remember all the Conservatives bitching about having to pay for their medical bills

zelmo1234
07-25-2014, 08:14 PM
Yea I remember all the Conservatives bitching about having to pay for their medical bills

Yes and at only 7 trillion more to cover the ACA over the cost of covering there medical bills?

That was one hell of a deal was it not!

Come on Cigar, this bill is about a worthless as a shit flavored lollypop!

It cost more, has higher deductibles and the people don't have as many options for healthcare?

If the business mandate ever goes into effect the medical system in the USA will collapse.

Not to mention that we are still paying for most of the people, as they could not afford the ACA

why not just Grand Father the people in that actually like the system and start with something that works.

Chris
07-25-2014, 08:22 PM
"That's higher than I would have expected," said Larry Levitt, senior vice president for special initiatives at the Kaiser Family Foundation. "There are a lot of people who qualify for special enrollment, but my assumption has been that few of them would actually sign up."

Pay attention to what he said. High number of transactions, few sign ups.

Realize that a Web site transaction just means accessing a page, it's akin to page hits. For all they know it could be webbots.

http://i.snag.gy/3GmKH.jpg

peoshi
07-26-2014, 04:49 AM
For months, journalists and politicians fixated on the number of people signing up for health insurance through the federal exchange created as part of the Affordable Care Act.It turned out that more than 5 million people signed up using Healthcare.gov by April 19, the end of the open-enrollment period.

But perhaps more surprising is that, according to federal data released Wednesday to ProPublica, there have been nearly 1 million transactions on the exchange since then. People are allowed to sign up and switch plans after certain life events, such as job changes, moves, the birth of a baby, marriages and divorces.

The volume of these transactions was a jolt even for those who have watched the rollout of the ACA most closely.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/24/obamacare-website-visitors-healthcaregov_n_5618279.html?utm_hp_ref=politics&ir=Politics

Do you even bother to read your own links?

The impact of the new numbers isn't clear because the Obama administration has not released details of how many consumers failed to pay their premiums and thus were dropped by their health plans. All told, between the federal exchange and 14 state exchanges, more than 8 million people signed up for coverage. A big question is whether new members will offset attrition.

ProPublica requested data on the number of daily enrollment transactions on the federal exchange last year under the Freedom of Information Act because the Obama administration had declined to release this information, a key barometer of the exchange's performance, to the public. The administration also has not put out any data on the exchange's activity since the open enrollment period ended.

The data shows so-called "834" transactions, which insurance companies and the government use to enroll new members, change a member's enrollment status, or disenroll members. The data covers the 36 states using the federal exchange, which include Texas, Florida, Illinois, Georgia and Michigan.
When Healthcare.gov rolled out last fall, insurance companies complained that the information in the 834s (http://www.propublica.org/article/healthcare.govs-mysterious-new-number-834) was replete with errors, creating a crisis at the back-end of the system.
Between April 20 and July 15, the federal government reported sending 960,000 "834" transactions to insurance companies (each report can cover more than one person in the same family). That includes 153,940 for the rest of April, 317,964 in May, 338,017 in June and 150,728 in the first 15 days of July. The daily rate has been fairly stable over this period.
It was not immediately clear how many of the records involved plan changes or cancellations and how many were for new enrollments.
An insurance industry official estimated that less than half of the transactions are new enrollments. The rest are changes: When an existing member makes a change to his or her policy, two 834s are created 2014 one terminating the old plan and one opening the new one.

Blackrook
07-26-2014, 08:08 AM
Now it's time for Cigar to tell us Obama won the election, Obamacare's here to stay, back to black, etc. Same garbage, different thread.

Mainecoons
07-26-2014, 08:14 AM
Yes. So long as the troll remains and is fed by people who think they can counteract his crap with facts, that is what you'll get. In thread after thread.

Enjoy the ride.

Unfortunately, Cappy is no longer posting his photos on Cigar's threads. Those were far and away the most suitable response. I guess the enablers here make him quit.