PDA

View Full Version : Appointed Democrat Senator appears to be headed for a fall

Bob
07-26-2014, 02:33 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive--sen--john-walsh-responds-to-revelations-that-he-plagiarized-army-war-college-paper-215332245.html

BOZEMAN, MT — A doctor prescribed Montana Democratic Sen. John Walsh medication for symptoms of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder after he returned from an Army deployment in Iraq, but he was not formally diagnosed with PTSD, the senator confirmed to Yahoo News following revelations this week that he had plagiarized a paper to receive his masters degree at the Army War College in 2007.

-----------------
Time will tell how this plays out. But the man was an Army officer. Sworn to an oath quite strict.

Anyway, he is up for election and we will see if the people in MT support people like him.

sachem
07-26-2014, 03:10 AM
Yup. He is a bad boy.

Green Arrow
07-26-2014, 03:12 AM
What did he do that was so bad, exactly? He's only been in office for six months. I could look up his fundraising and voting records to see where his money comes from and how he votes, but six months isn't a lot to show what kind of person he is, and I'm not sure if it's worth the effort because I highly doubt he'll stay in Congress.

Mini Me
07-28-2014, 07:21 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive--sen--john-walsh-responds-to-revelations-that-he-plagiarized-army-war-college-paper-215332245.html

BOZEMAN, MT — A doctor prescribed Montana Democratic Sen. John Walsh medication for symptoms of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder after he returned from an Army deployment in Iraq, but he was not formally diagnosed with PTSD, the senator confirmed to Yahoo News following revelations this week that he had plagiarized a paper to receive his masters degree at the Army War College in 2007.

-----------------
Time will tell how this plays out. But the man was an Army officer. Sworn to an oath quite strict.

Anyway, he is up for election and we will see if the people in MT support people like him.

He has PTSD from trying to deal with the Rethuglican House!

Maybe they should honor him with a medal of valor!

Matty
07-28-2014, 07:24 PM

-----------------

He needs to re write a paper to earn that masters degree, but democrats are in the habit of stealing the work of others so I doubt he'll have the moral gonads to do it. I have zero respect for a man like that.

del
07-28-2014, 07:42 PM
What did he do that was so bad, exactly? He's only been in office for six months. I could look up his fundraising and voting records to see where his money comes from and how he votes, but six months isn't a lot to show what kind of person he is, and I'm not sure if it's worth the effort because I highly doubt he'll stay in Congress.

he plagiarized/didn't properly cite in his war college thesis

Blackrook
07-28-2014, 08:15 PM
PTSD doesn't make you dishonest.

Green Arrow
07-28-2014, 09:42 PM
he plagiarized/didn't properly cite in his war college thesis

And? That's actually fairly common in college. Even Chloe admitted to accidentally doing so on one of her papers. I've done it on papers. It's not plagiarism, it's called being human. We make mistakes. It happens.

Plagiarism is deliberately using someone else's material and claiming it as your own. In a 650 or however many pages thesis, he missed only that one short bit. If I recall correctly from the article, it was only a sentence or a small paragraph. Big whoop.