PDA

View Full Version : Democrat congresswoman says you don't have a right to know

Matty
07-26-2014, 08:48 AM
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/07/25/video-democrat-rep-you-dont-have-a-right-to-know-whats-going-on-in-your-government/

Then stop collecting taxes.

Peter1469
07-26-2014, 09:09 AM
Know what?

Green Arrow
07-26-2014, 09:11 AM
If Obama and D.C. get their way and make D.C. the 51st state, we'll get even more of her. Right now, she's at least a non-voting member of Congress. If D.C. becomes an official state, she'll be a voting member.

Blech.

Peter1469
07-26-2014, 09:24 AM
On Friday, Eleanor Holmes Norton, the non-voting congressional representative for the District of Columbia, defended the Obama Administration angrily as she declared that Americans have no right to know what goes on in their government.

“You don’t have a right to know everything in a separation-of-powers government, my friend. That is the difference between a parliamentary government and a separation-of-powers government,” Norton claimed during a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing.

Allow me to make this clear: A Democrat representative told the House Oversight Committee that they have no right to scrutinize government. The committee, as the name would suggest, is responsible for overseeing the federal government as a check against abuses of power.

Matty
07-26-2014, 09:25 AM
Know what?

Well with what little information was provided I'd say she thinks the executive branch has a right to keep information from Congress. But anything short of National Security should be available information to we the people. They work for us and we don't pay them to go up there and make secrets.

donttread
07-26-2014, 08:31 PM
http://www.tpnn.com/2014/07/25/video-democrat-rep-you-dont-have-a-right-to-know-whats-going-on-in-your-government/

Then stop collecting taxes.

Fire her

Captain Obvious
07-26-2014, 08:33 PM
Fire her

Exactly.

Legislators will continue to marginalize our rights and freedoms and limit our involvement in governance as long as we let them.

But I'm guessing this person will continue to do her thing in office unchallenged.