PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton -- "President Bush made her proud to be an American

Bob
07-28-2014, 05:31 PM
http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Hillary+Clinton+Hillary+Clinton+Former+President+s rmORErT2cFl-665x385.jpg

http://www.inquisitr.com/1379028/george-w-bush-made-hillary-clinton-proud-to-be-an-american/

Hillary Clinton, former Secretary of State, stated on CNN that former President George W. Bush (http://www.inquisitr.com/1297626/obama-approval-rating-in-2014-drops-worse-than-the-george-w-bush-average/) inspired her to be proud to be an American and hinted that President Obama has not had the same effect on her.

“We have to go back out and sell ourselves. It is not to be taken for granted. What do we stand for and how do we intend to lead and manage? How do we try to enlist the rest of the world in this struggle between cooperation and order and conflict and disorder which is really at the root of so much that’s going on today — and I don’t think we’ve done a very good job of that.”

Her interview with on Fareed Zakaria GPS went on to compare headlines between George W. Bush (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/28/hillary-clinton-forget-obama-george-w-bush-made-he/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS) and President Obama’s terms.
“Of course, there are specifics. They’re all the headlines we can talk about. But the trend lines, let’s not forget the trend lines. George W. Bush is very popular in Sub-Saharan Africa. Why? Because of the president’s emergency program for AIDS relief. Whether you agree or disagree with a lot of what else he did — and I disagree with a lot of it — I am proud to be an American when I go to Sub-Saharan Africa and people say, ‘I want to thank President Bush and the United States for helping us fight HIV/AIDS.’”

Hillary’s comments came about after filling in for George W. Bush (http://www.ibtimes.com/hillary-clinton-vs-elizabeth-warren-big-differences-despite-claims-contrary-1640810) at the Ameriprise conference. Her party allegiance may seem to be under question after shooting a few jabs at President Obama during her interview.
“I think we would be able to succeed more effectively if we were clearer about who we are and what we stand for and the values that we hold,”

The Xl
07-28-2014, 05:32 PM
Wonderful.

Mainecoons
07-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Mush mouth political BS.

Aren't you tired of this gross insincerity, Bob?

I am.

PolWatch
07-28-2014, 06:15 PM
Mush mouth political BS.

I am.

it only matters if they say what ya want to hear...would we see an article where she praises Obama? I tend to doubt it...

Mr. Right
07-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Nothing Hillary, Barrack, Nancy, Harry or any of their machine have to "say" holds any significance to me. They're all 20 feet from the point where Niagra Falls goes vertical and in a rowboat with a very small paddle.

sachem
07-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Hillary, that is a lovely sentiment.

Green Arrow
07-28-2014, 10:04 PM
Well, here's what I think:

1) It was very nice of her to say that, instead of joining in the typical chorus of hate President Bush rhetoric Democrats are known for. I can also understand, having lived through both Presidents Bush and Obama, feeling less critical toward President Bush. I myself have warmed up toward President Bush quite a bit more than I used to.

2) That said...not surprising at all to see her talking up President Bush. I have long maintained that Obama is the third and fourth terms of President Bush, so to see prospective 2016 candidate Hillary talking up President Bush does not inspire confidence in me that the next eight years after Obama will be any different than 2001-2017.

warwulf
07-29-2014, 05:52 AM
Which is why she and Bildo stole over $140K worth of silverware, plates, paintings and such. She cannot feel such a thing as pride because as everyone knows, trash has no feelings.

Mainecoons
07-29-2014, 08:23 AM
it only matters if they say what ya want to hear...would we see an article where she praises Obama? I tend to doubt it...

That makes no sense at all. Do you hang around with people who tell you what you want to hear, not what you need to hear?

I don't.

Captain Obvious
07-29-2014, 08:24 AM
Mush mouth political BS.

I am.

http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/chars/char_81698.jpg

Venus
07-29-2014, 08:25 AM
We all should all be proud for what Bush did for Africa and AIDS.

PolWatch
07-29-2014, 08:33 AM
let me try & clarify my statement: Does Bob think so highly of Hillary Clinton's opinions that he would have posted an article where she praises Obama? unnerstand now?

Mainecoons
07-29-2014, 08:34 AM
Probably not. Frankly, I don't understand why Bob sees any significance in what Hillary had to say about Bush.

Look at them. A pair of old farts. Both need to fade away.

PolWatch
07-29-2014, 08:40 AM
as a card carrying member of the old f**ts club, I don't plan to fade anytime soon & I appreciate having others around from my time zone (not too many folks know where the Peanut Gallery was). I think its interesting that baby boomers were raised in the same time period, but we all have arrived at different points of view.

zelmo1234
07-29-2014, 08:43 AM
Say what you will about the Clintons but they are a brilliant political machine.

If Hilary chooses to run, she will not be elected by saying that the last 8 years were great and we should stay the course like Bush one did.

No, she is likely gong to have to point out how everything that Obama did was a failure and why and how she is going to change it, starting with the ACA

That she would make this statement suggest that she is planning on attacking Obama from the right and not going further to the left.

Captain Obvious
07-29-2014, 08:46 AM
Say what you will about the Clintons but they are a brilliant political machine.

If Hilary chooses to run, she will not be elected by saying that the last 8 years were great and we should stay the course like Bush one did.

No, she is likely gong to have to point out how everything that Obama did was a failure and why and how she is going to change it, starting with the ACA

That she would make this statement suggest that she is planning on attacking Obama from the right and not going further to the left.

Bill is, not sure about Hillary.

I've said this before but I think liberal democrats who support Hillary are hypocritical when they promote her as a strong woman after she basically sat on her ass and kept her mouth shut while ol' wild Bill was blowing his load on fat, cheezy interns.

Hillary sold out her dignity because she knows that "Hillary Clinton" is far more electable than "Hillary Rodham".

zelmo1234
07-29-2014, 08:50 AM

I've said this before but I think liberal democrats who support Hillary are hypocritical when they promote her as a strong woman after she basically sat on her ass and kept her mouth shut while ol' wild Bill was blowing his load on fat, cheezy interns.

Hillary sold out her dignity because she knows that "Hillary Clinton" is far more electable than "Hillary Rodham".

NO I am fairly sure that when Huma is down there hard at work, her mouth is open? :)

I really don/t think that Hilary likes the opposite sex much!

Green Arrow
07-29-2014, 09:14 AM
Probably not. Frankly, I don't understand why Bob sees any significance in what Hillary had to say about Bush.

Look at them. A pair of old farts. Both need to fade away.
Mainecoons, it's because Bob foolishly believes Bush was a great President that did no wrong. The PATRIOT Act, FISA, it's only for terrorists, the bailouts were great capitalism, the economy and Iraq War were all Clinton's fault...you get the idea.

The Sage of Main Street
07-29-2014, 05:03 PM
http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Hillary+Clinton+Hillary+Clinton+Former+President+s rmORErT2cFl-665x385.jpg

http://www.inquisitr.com/1379028/george-w-bush-made-hillary-clinton-proud-to-be-an-american/

Hillary Clinton, former Secretary of State, stated on CNN that former President George W. Bush (http://www.inquisitr.com/1297626/obama-approval-rating-in-2014-drops-worse-than-the-george-w-bush-average/) inspired her to be proud to be an American and hinted that President Obama has not had the same effect on her.
“We have to go back out and sell ourselves. It is not to be taken for granted. What do we stand for and how do we intend to lead and manage? How do we try to enlist the rest of the world in this struggle between cooperation and order and conflict and disorder which is really at the root of so much that’s going on today — and I don’t think we’ve done a very good job of that.”

Her interview with on Fareed Zakaria GPS went on to compare headlines between George W. Bush (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/28/hillary-clinton-forget-obama-george-w-bush-made-he/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS) and President Obama’s terms.
“Of course, there are specifics. They’re all the headlines we can talk about. But the trend lines, let’s not forget the trend lines. George W. Bush is very popular in Sub-Saharan Africa. Why? Because of the president’s emergency program for AIDS relief. Whether you agree or disagree with a lot of what else he did — and I disagree with a lot of it — I am proud to be an American when I go to Sub-Saharan Africa and people say, ‘I want to thank President Bush and the United States for helping us fight HIV/AIDS.’”

Hillary’s comments came about after filling in for George W. Bush (http://www.ibtimes.com/hillary-clinton-vs-elizabeth-warren-big-differences-despite-claims-contrary-1640810) at the Ameriprise conference. Her party allegiance may seem to be under question after shooting a few jabs at President Obama during her interview.
“I think we would be able to succeed more effectively if we were clearer about who we are and what we stand for and the values that we hold,”

Despite their spitball fights to fool us into thinking we have a choice, Heirhead guillotine-fodder always stick together. Limousine Liberals, Cadillac Conservatives, Lamborghini Libertarians.

sachem
07-29-2014, 05:15 PM

Hillary sold out her dignity because she knows that "Hillary Clinton" is far more electable than "Hillary Rodham".I think she handled the Monica shit pretty well.

Other folks can't harm your dignity. You can only do that to yourself.

PolWatch
07-29-2014, 05:36 PM
I think she handled the Monica shit pretty well.

Other folks can't harm your dignity. You can only do that to yourself.

political wives have got to be tough...people don't talk about it, but what did Laura Bush handle before gwb got religion?

sachem
07-29-2014, 06:05 PM
political wives have got to be tough...people don't talk about it, but what did Laura Bush handle before gwb got religion?A drunk.

They are all strong women.

The Sage of Main Street
07-30-2014, 09:23 AM
A drunk.

They are all strong women. Realizing that he was a sissyboy draftdodger drove Dubya to drink. Even during his phony service, he couldn't live with himself. I first made the connection when I read that William James went through a ten-year depression after his Daddy bought him out of the Civil War draft. One of Bush's ancestors did the same thing, so treason runs in that family.

Cigar
07-30-2014, 09:52 AM
Then she found out she was Lied to .... Again :laugh: