PDA

View Full Version : Pope Demands Less Focus On Poverty, And More On Hatred.

Dagny
04-21-2012, 05:41 AM
/////////

keyser soze
04-21-2012, 08:57 AM
Follow the money....it's what churches have always been about.

Mister D
04-21-2012, 09:08 AM
There goes Catholic charities and I must say I'm horrified that the RCC would suddenly abandon their traditional charitable role...oh wait...the article says nothing about that.

I'm beginning to suspect that journalists know full well that the vast majority of their "readers" never get passed the first paragraph or merely skim their work and jump to all sorts of ridiculous conclusions. For example, we see Dagny's fictitious and utterly preposterous title.

dadakarma
04-21-2012, 10:47 AM
I find it amazing that they publicly call for more focus on hatred, and lack of compassion, than they do with the true teachings of Jesus

I read about this yesterday and posted here - 'renegade nuns' - no comments from the Jesus camp...

God hates fags.

:roflmao:

dadakarma
04-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Did you start a thread? I missed it. Of course you won't hear anything from the Xtians. It's typical. The followers (nuns) know what Jesus' true teachings represent. The Vatican worries about gold chandeliers, and keeping priests horny. There's no room for keeping up with society.

90% of American Catholic women use contraception.

I wonder if they confess to it on Sundays?

Mister D
04-21-2012, 11:52 AM
I find it amazing that they publicly call for more focus on hatred, and lack of compassion, than they do with the true teachings of Jesus

You're an ignorant bigot, Dagny. Opposition to abortion and objections to gay marriage does constitute"hate". Furthermore, the "true teachings" of Jesus preclude gay marriage. :laugh:

dadakarma
04-21-2012, 11:54 AM
That's an interesting question. Isn't the thought of contraception a sin? I think you can sin just by thinking something.

But you can donate your sins away.

Sex for anything other than procreation is a sin. Unless you're a pedophile priest.

keyser soze
04-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Only for 'gay' babies....and ones with a 'lefty' gene.

dadakarma
04-21-2012, 12:09 PM
It will be interesting to see if the nuns take a stand against the creepy old bastard.

You would think a nazi would be all for abortion?

'Too much focus' on poverty - much of which affects children who were born to impoverished mothers....

Maybe the pope's worried about money? Are funds a little tight after all those abuse settlement payouts?

Mister D
04-21-2012, 12:41 PM
'Too much focus' on poverty - much of which affects children who were born to impoverished mothers....

Maybe the pope's worried about money? Are funds a little tight after all those abuse settlement payouts?

The Pope said nothing about 'too much focus on poverty', simpleton. Your friend did. :grin: Seriously, you're embarrassing.

keyser soze
04-21-2012, 07:36 PM
It will be interesting to see if the nuns take a stand against the creepy old bastard.

They are!!

U.S. nun group rejects Vatican condemnation

By Agence France-Presse
Saturday, April 21, 2012 16:40 EDT
[/URL]

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/000_GYI0062894781-615x345.jpg

The leader of a group of US Catholic nuns on Saturday rejected condemnation from a Vatican report that said it defied Church doctrine.

“We haven’t violated any teaching,” Sister Simone Campbell, executive director of Network, a Catholic social justice lobby, told AFP, insisting the group would not stop “caring for the least among us on the margins of society.”

Network was singled out for supporting women’s health rights in a Vatican report this week condemning the main US association of Catholic nuns, the Leadership Conference of Women Religious(LCWR).

The three-year inquiry by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, which oversees Roman Catholic doctrine, criticized the LCWR for taking liberal stances on contraception, homosexuality and female priests.

Campbell said that Network, which works with the LCWR and vocally supported President Barack Obama’s healthcare reform legislation, would not shy away from its mission, calling the Vatican’s report “painful,” and also puzzling.

“It was a total shock for many reasons, no one talked to us” during the inquiry, Campbell said.
“We are a political, not doctrinal, organization: we don’t teach theology.”

The LCWR has also said it was “stunned” by the report, which pointed to “serious doctrinal problems” and “unacceptable positions” on a range of issues.

The report accused members of the LCWR, which represents around 80 percent of the 45,000 nuns in the United States, of “corporate dissent” with the Church’s teachings against homosexuality, and claimed it was pursuing “radical feminist themes.”

Campbell lamented that the Washington DC-based Network “could dissipate our energy if we get distracted and caught up in what might be considered a battle” with the Vatican.

After the report was published, Campbell said it was “painfully obvious” the Vatican leadership was “not used to having educated women form thoughtful opinions and engage in dialogue.”

“We will keep doing our mission,” she insisted in a phone interview Saturday, saying the group was founded to “lobby, organize and educate” in the name of social and economic justice.

LCWR has come under criticism from the Catholic hierarchy for endorsing Obama’s US healthcare reform, including its provisions on abortion and contraception, in the run-up to the US election in November.

“There seems to the major disconnect, where (the Vatican) seem to think that faith can only lead to one political approach,” Campbell said. The Network group, she said, “speaks for our members, not for a church. Helping others is at the heart of our faith.”

The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith said it has appointed the Archbishop of Seattle, Peter Sartain, to oversee the LCWR and ensure it follows “the teachings and discipline of the Church.”

[url]http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/04/21/u-s-nun-group-rejects-vatican-condemnation/ (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/04/21/u-s-nun-group-rejects-vatican-condemnation//print/)

Most excellent reply!!

CoLibertarian
04-23-2012, 01:20 AM
So D,

Why did the pope single out the LCWR? Because they do not abhor contraceptives? Because they do not rail against the sins of homosexuality enough? Because they are not satisfied with the ban against women in the priesthood (as if pedophile men is somehow better)? Why did the holy see (or former Hitler Youth member) acknowledge the many good things that the LCWR does?

Mister D
05-06-2012, 09:09 AM
So D,

Why did the pope single out the LCWR? Because they do not abhor contraceptives? Because they do not rail against the sins of homosexuality enough? Because they are not satisfied with the ban against women in the priesthood (as if pedophile men is somehow better)? Why did the holy see (or former Hitler Youth member) acknowledge the many good things that the LCWR does?

So Colib,

Did the Pope say that there was too much focus on poverty and demand less? No? Thank you.

As for your rant, who in the Catholic Church "rails against the sin of homosexuality"? No one? Or does daring to address it from time to time merely tweak poor lil' Colib? Deal with it. The LCWR was scolded because they take position contrary to RCC. Duh. If you could have gotten passed the headline before stomping off in a hissy you might have gotten that.

Last, what is the purpose of attacking Benedict for having been conscripted into the Hitler Youth at the age of 14? Is it to assure us that you're just another anti-Catholic bigot?

Peter1469
05-06-2012, 10:56 AM

It isn't just Nazi's. Don't forget, your fellow traveler Margret Sanger created Planned Parenthood for the sole purpose of exterminating as many blacks in America as possible. She has done well for herself- 1/3 of their population has been killed in the last 30 years.

http://www.nbccongress.org/features/abortion_silent_no_more_01.asp

I wonder why the Pope doesn't support this? Perhaps you have tagged the flame word "Nazi" on the wrong man. Perhaps it more aptly applies to Margret Sanger and you.

Conley
05-06-2012, 10:58 AM
CoLib was here? I missed him! :angry:

Oh well, of you revisit this thread good to see you CoLib.

Captain Obvious
05-06-2012, 11:01 AM
I didn't know he was gay.

Mister D
05-06-2012, 12:14 PM
It isn't just Nazi's. Don't forget, your fellow traveler Margret Sanger created Planned Parenthood for the sole purpose of exterminating as many blacks in America as possible. She has done well for herself- 1/3 of their population has been killed in the last 30 years.

http://www.nbccongress.org/features/abortion_silent_no_more_01.asp

I wonder why the Pope doesn't support this? Perhaps you have tagged the flame word "Nazi" on the wrong man. Perhaps it more aptly applies to Margret Sanger and you.

Ouch!

Mister D
05-06-2012, 12:15 PM
CoLib was here? I missed him! :angry:

Oh well, of you revisit this thread good to see you CoLib.

Yeah, two weeks ago. I must have overlooked it.