PDA

View Full Version : Libyan Rebels: NATO Airstrike KILLS Gadhafi's son....

MMC
08-05-2011, 12:16 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/libyan-rebels-nato-airstrike-kills-gadhafis-son-095404406.html
AP – 23 mins ago.....
BENGHAZI, Libya (AP) — Libya's rebels said Friday they have reports that Moammar Gadhafi's youngest son, who commands one of the regime's strongest military brigades, was killed in a NATO airstrike in the western town of Zlitan.
Mohammed al-Rajali, a spokesman for the rebel leadership in the eastern stronghold of Benghazi said there were unconfirmed reports Khamis was among 32 troops killed when NATO hit a government operations center early Friday.

The death of the 27-year-old Khamis Gadhafi would be a significant blow to the regime's efforts to fight off the rebels. He commands the 32nd Brigade, also known simply as the Khamis Brigade, one of the best trained and equipped units in the Libyan military.

This isn't the first time Khamis has been reported dead by rebel forces.
Gadhafi's sons and a daughter have all played roles in their father's regime, some in diplomatic or business roles. His sons Mutassim, Khamis and al-Saadi all head military brigades.

A third son, Seif al-Islam, has become the Western face of the regime and before the uprising began in February was put forth as the reformer, heading a variety of youth organizations.

This indeed would be a blow to Gadhafi, but it is not enough to be anytype of game changer. Again the Associated Press is now all out calling it a Civil War. Gadhafi had another son and 3 grandchildren killed by NATO. If this is True, NATO will be directly involved in the killing of his family members. But here is some incite with the embolden in the AP. Another reason why Gadhafi will not tuck tale and run. His 3rd son is "what", The Western Face of the Regime. Running "what".....most of all the Youth Organizations in the country! Funny no one got that bit of information at the beginning of the rebel uprising in the East of Libya where the population is intermingled. Al-jazerra reported before that Gadhafi's daughter is another who is key in support with the people. Especially all in the West. Especially Amongst Berbers! Thoughts?

Conley
08-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Seems like Gadhafi has a lot of kids...if they are grown men and commanding military forces then I suppose they're fair game. Much like the situation with Saddam and Iraq. It seems we are learning more about who holds the hearts and minds and it's not the side we randomly chose to back in this civil war.

hellraiser
08-05-2011, 01:00 PM
nato should not target quaddafi's family

nato should not even target quaddafi. the west says no assassinations of leaders of other countries but then what is this? so maybe nato and quaddafi are not so different

nato should win libya for the people

MMC
08-05-2011, 01:17 PM
nato should not target quaddafi's family

nato should not even target quaddafi. the west says no assassinations of leaders of other countries but then what is this? so maybe nato and quaddafi are not so different

nato should win libya for the people

Problem is NATO isnt fighting to win for the people. The majority of the Country backs Qadhafi. Why do you they are having such a hard time. NATO is fighting for the mixed populations of Libyans in the East next to Egypt. NATO is fighting for SUNNI backing of the REBELS. NATO is fighting to help France and Britian avoid economic collapse in the EU. This is their war and Treasure. Qadhafi's oil does not supply the US. It supplies Europe. France is next after Italy and Spain with the IMF bailout. Then the UK. The UK is already into hyer-inflation and thats after they raised the corporate taxes in their country.

The News even reported when the Rebels came under attack by other tribes who were not loyal to Qadhafi. That sother Berbers.

hellraiser
08-05-2011, 01:23 PM
we all agree qaudaffi is a bad man yes?

he should be captured and have a trial for crimes against man

so even though some people still want him that does not mean he is good

in a way it is like iraq some still liked saddam to

depends on family and position

MMC
08-05-2011, 01:47 PM
What crimes against humanity for Qadhafi.....for what going after rebels who got no problem killing him. Thats not Genocide and Qadhafi has the right to protect his people. The Berbers of Libya. Not the Sunni or the French. Both have affected his country greatly. Just look what the French Foreign Legion has done in Libya and North Africa.

Qadhafi may be considered a bad man by the west but the African Union does not think so. They all call him the Brother Leader. Thats Presidents and Prime Ministers all thru-out the African Continent. Not to mention he is a thorn in the Sunni's side with OPEC even tho he has only little say there. Still enuff to cause the Sunni trouble. But his country is the gateway between East and West thru Africa. Qadhafi is more with the west than the East. Moreover even the other Berbers will not accept no Sunni backed Government in Libya.

Already the Rebels have lost 1/3rd of the manpower. If this continues they will surely lose more. Then by the time they get into power they will not be strong enough to hold it against the Berbers that will rise up to take power. Which will cause the Civil-War to cycle over again.Then possibly Berbers that are extreme Religious Fanatics. Like the home tribal grounds of the AQ. Which is in North Africa.

Mister D
08-05-2011, 02:39 PM
we all agree qaudaffi is a bad man yes?

he should be captured and have a trial for crimes against man

so even though some people still want him that does not mean he is good

in a way it is like iraq some still liked saddam to

depends on family and position

At some point it will dawn on Europeans that they are the only ones who care about human rights trials.

Mister D
08-05-2011, 02:40 PM
The murdered passengers of Pan Am 103 shouldn't have been targeted either.

MMC
08-05-2011, 11:19 PM

True Dat.....and those involved should pay the price.

Mister D
08-06-2011, 10:14 AM

True Dat.....and those involved should pay the price.

Right. HR should spare us the sanctimony. Honestly, I don't think I'd particularly care if his sons weren't directly involved in his rule but the fact that they are should make their deaths a lot less disturbing.

MMC
08-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Althought I did question why the Press, the World of Media, The UN, our UN Ambassador, Clinton and This Administration never once pointed out that Qadhafi's one son rauns all the youth organizations across the country. He can rally troops at any time. Including Teenagers and the Child Warrior.

Funny how all kept that bit of info out of the news until now. Now all know why Qadhafi aint pullin up shop. Even if Qadhafi isnt to stay in power he isnt going to give up the claim for the son that he wants to.

Mister D
08-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Althought I did question why the Press, the World of Media, The UN, our UN Ambassador, Clinton and This Administration never once pointed out that Qadhafi's one son rauns all the youth organizations across the country. He can rally troops at any time. Including Teenagers and the Child Warrior.

Funny how all kept that bit of info out of the news until now. Now all know why Qadhafi aint pullin up shop. Even if Qadhafi isnt to stay in power he isnt going to give up the claim for the son that he wants to.

I guess in their minds NATO = USA. Aren't the British and frogs putting more into this than we are?

Conley
08-06-2011, 03:37 PM
They better be...especially the French.

Mister D
08-06-2011, 04:15 PM
They better be...especially the French.

I think they are but I haven't been paying close attention.

MMC
08-06-2011, 08:22 PM

Well they are suppose to be leading the way. Yet they are still relying on us to fly Airstrikes too. Provide radar and logistics.

I guess in their minds NATO = USA. Aren't the British and frogs putting more into this than we are?

Mister D
08-06-2011, 08:30 PM

Well they are suppose to be leading the way. Yet they are still relying on us to fly Airstrikes too. Provide radar and logistics.

NATO has always relied on the US. In fact, I don't think it's wrong to suggest it's really a US led coalition. That said, the US is not playing the main role as far as dropping bombs is concerned.

Conley
08-06-2011, 08:44 PM
At what point does NATO become more trouble than it's worth? Has it already crossed that point? It's unnecessary as a binding agreement between our closest allies, and likely a hindrance when dealing with more distant countries that we would normally not align with.

Mister D
08-06-2011, 08:55 PM
At what point does NATO become more trouble than it's worth? Has it already crossed that point? It's unnecessary as a binding agreement between our closest allies, and likely a hindrance when dealing with more distant countries that we would normally not align with.

It probably crossed that point soon after the USSR's collapse. It should definitely be revamped and a new common goal should be found.

MMC
08-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Well were still dropping bombs and we were the ones to blow of 280 some Tomahawk missles

Conley
08-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Then there was the time it could have theoretically dragged us into war against Russia when they had the skirmish with Georgia...definitely seems the risk/reward is out of whack here.

Mister D
08-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Then there was the time it could have theoretically dragged us into war against Russia when they had the skirmish with Georgia...definitely seems the risk/reward is out of whack here.

I saw no point in a stand in Georgia either. It was logistically impossible anyway.

Mister D
08-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Well were still dropping bombs and we were the ones to blow of 280 some Tomahawk missles

We may very well be but I don't thin we are playing primary role as far as actual action is concerned. I could be wrong. I understand it that way at this time.

MMC
08-06-2011, 09:42 PM

We may very well be but I don't thin we are playing primary role as far as actual action is concerned. I could be wrong. I understand it that way at this time.

Yeah they say we are not the primary. But with any Airstrike force we are there as eyes in the sky. Also they will not validate to the public any time we send up any planes. Which technically I think the rest of AFP should be trying to show any strikes by American Planes.