PDA

View Full Version : MMORPG games

kilgram
07-30-2014, 01:42 AM
Are you playing any MMORPG? Do you like them? What is what you like most of the MMORPG that you play?

- I know that Green Arrow plays WoW (World of Warcraft)

- A few months ago I went back to the gaming and I started to play SWTOR (Star Wars the Old Republic)

Of SWTOR I like the story of the characters and the game but its graphics maybe could be a little better but they are enough.

Green Arrow
07-30-2014, 01:46 AM
Currently, I actively play World of Warcraft (WoW) and Star Trek Online (STO). I also play The Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) and Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR), but I am on hiatus from those two.

kilgram
07-30-2014, 02:08 AM
Currently, I actively play World of Warcraft (WoW) and Star Trek Online (STO). I also play The Lord of the Rings Online (LOTRO) and Star Wars: The Old Republic (SWTOR), but I am on hiatus from those two.
Star Trek Online is interesting?

Private Pickle
07-30-2014, 09:24 AM
I alpha'd WoW then played it for about 6 years.

Tried a bunch of different stuff. Played SWTOR for about a year.

I'm off of MMOs for now. Time commitment is retarded.

Gerrard Winstanley
07-30-2014, 10:38 AM
The wife got me a big WoW collector's chest for Christmas 2010. Felt guilty that I could never get into the game. :sad:

Green Arrow
07-30-2014, 12:21 PM
Star Trek Online is interesting?

Very. There are three factions: Starfleet, Klingon Empire, and Romulan Republic. Various alien races to play within each faction. You get a free ship every ten levels.

kilgram
07-30-2014, 01:17 PM
Very. There are three factions: Starfleet, Klingon Empire, and Romulan Republic. Various alien races to play within each faction. You get a free ship every ten levels.
And this game has missions that don't require to grind, kill mobs? Just diplomacy?

Sometimes I would like mmorpg with options to less fighting or to solve conflicts without killing.

In SWTOR I basically play in the Empire, and the story of the Sith Warrior played from a light side option was very interesting. It broke and left surprised and bewildered many enemies, mainly the jedis. It was very fun.

Mister D
07-30-2014, 01:21 PM
Try Europa Universalis, kilgram. It has lots of historical detail. Spain is fun to play. You get to explore, colonize, form alliances, crush Protestantism....what more could one ask for? I even became Holy Roman Emperor once. :cool2:

Green Arrow
07-30-2014, 01:21 PM
And this game has missions that don't require to grind, kill mobs? Just diplomacy?

Sometimes I would like mmorpg with options to less fighting or to solve conflicts without killing.

In SWTOR I basically play in the Empire, and the story of the Sith Warrior played from a light side option was very interesting. It broke and left surprised and bewildered many enemies, mainly the jedis. It was very fun.

Yeah, there isn't a lot of killing on STO. The most fighting you do is ship battles, but those are fucking fun :tongue:

The Xl
07-30-2014, 01:22 PM
Any good free MMOs that won't crash the fuck out of a mediocre laptop?

Green Arrow
07-30-2014, 01:23 PM
Any good free MMOs that won't crash the fuck out of a mediocre laptop?

WoW and STO should be fine. My bro plays FF XIV on his regular laptop.

The Xl
07-30-2014, 01:29 PM
They're free?

Green Arrow
07-30-2014, 01:41 PM
They're free?

Well, WoW and FF XIV aren't, but STO, SWTOR, and LOTRO are.

Gerrard Winstanley
07-30-2014, 01:43 PM
Try Europa Universalis, kilgram. It has lots of historical detail. Spain is fun to play. You get to explore, colonize, form alliances, crush Protestantism....what more could one ask for? I even became Holy Roman Emperor once. :cool2:
Yes, I'm not the only fan on this forum! :grin:

Have you got CKII?

The Xl
07-30-2014, 01:44 PM

I'll check them out. Thanks for the recommendations.

Captain Obvious
07-30-2014, 01:48 PM

Are you choking?

:biglaugh:

The Xl
07-30-2014, 01:51 PM
Are you choking?

:biglaugh:

Lmfao

Mister D
07-30-2014, 02:24 PM
Yes, I'm not the only fan on this forum! :grin:

Have you got CKII?

Never played it! I remember seeing ads for the first version but I've only played EU 1 and 3. I actually haven't played any video games in years now. Great game though. One of my all time favorites because of the detail.

Gerrard Winstanley
07-30-2014, 02:39 PM
Never played it! I remember seeing ads for the first version but I've only played EU 1 and 3. I actually haven't played any video games in years now. Great game though. One of my all time favorites because of the detail.
Playing EU4 at this very second. It's a little heavy on my work laptop, though I might buy a new one soon.

Alyosha
07-30-2014, 02:42 PM
Elder Scrolls online.

Mister D
07-30-2014, 02:43 PM
Playing EU4 at this very second. It's a little heavy on my work laptop, though I might buy a new one soon.

Had that peroblem with version 3. Slowed my PC down something awful at times.

Heyduke
07-30-2014, 02:47 PM
I got in on the early years of Ultima Online beginning at the end of 1997. I had a virtual cabin near the waterfall to the northeast of Yew. One of my things was to wake up at 5 am and kill harpies in the caves mear Vesper and Minoc, and cut lumber, and craft bows and arrows for virtual money. My warrior character had a warhammer of vanquishing and tons of potions that were made by a third character, my alchemist. The last two of the 5 characters allowed on a single account belonged to my wife.

Then, I got in on the beta of Everquest, which was later called Evercrack amongst the MMORPGs. I had a Troll and a shaman from the white north.

In the beginning of Ultima Online, it was total anarchy. Thieves were abundant around the banks. Other player characters would attack you as soon as you left the protection of the town guards. You had to belong to a mafia-type group to survive. It was a fascinating social experiment. But, of course, in order to attract more subscribers, the developers had to make the game safer and more accessible. It followed the natural order of all things, from dangerous anarchy to the security of totalitarianism.

But, in 1997, Ultima Online was an insanely difficult learning curve someone like myself, who has never had a knack for video games. I ended up on the streets of Britannia, and someone gave me a fishing pole and I caught fish and sold fillets to the virtual fishmonger until I had enough money to buy some armor and a weapon, and then I went out and got like 500 gold pieces worth of treasure in one of the dungeons, only to be killed mere footsteps from town and have all of my possessions stolen. I started over a few times with nothing before I figured it out.

By the year 2004, I was done with online gaming. In the final analysis my great hope (based on the unrestricted potential of online communities/societies) was dashed. I came to the realization that 95% of the other avatars were not being controlled by people I would find interesting in real life.

Mister D
07-30-2014, 02:49 PM
How is version 4, Gerrard?

Gerrard Winstanley
07-30-2014, 04:27 PM
How is version 4, Gerrard?
More of the same, though slicker to look at. The tech system's been completely overhauled, too.

CreepyOldDude
07-30-2014, 05:07 PM
Are you playing any MMORPG? Do you like them? What is what you like most of the MMORPG that you play?

- I know that @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868) plays WoW (World of Warcraft)

- A few months ago I went back to the gaming and I started to play SWTOR (Star Wars the Old Republic)

Of SWTOR I like the story of the characters and the game but its graphics maybe could be a little better but they are enough.

I played Auto Assault, until it went bust. Same with Hellgate London. Along with a couple of others that went bust. My wife jokes that, as soon as I try an MMORPG, and like it, the other users might as well resign themselves to the game going under. :)

I beta tested STO, and liked it. I've thought about playing it, but I'd hate to kill the game for everyone. :)