PDA

View Full Version : Big Data Firm Says It Can Link Snowden Data To Changed Terrorist Behavior

Captain Obvious
08-01-2014, 09:18 AM
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/08/01/336958020/big-data-firm-says-it-can-link-snowden-data-to-changed-terrorist-behavior

For nearly a year, U.S. government officials have said revelations from former NSA contract worker Edward Snowden harmed national security and allowed terrorists to develop their own countermeasures. Those officials haven't publicly given specific examples — but a tech firm based in Cambridge, Mass., says it has tangible evidence of the changes.

According to a new report to be released Friday by Big Data firm Recorded Future, a direct connection can be drawn: Just months after the Snowden documents were released, al-Qaida dramatically changed the way its operatives interacted online.

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2014/08/01/snowden-221ad23b9473a01eb574d7960ba9d8891befd5ab-s40.jpg

Paperback Writer
08-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Course, his asylum is about up so they'll want to find an excuse to try him for treason. This is an agency caught lying before your Congress about what they accomplished, lied under oath, and suddenly they're believable? Rubbish. Pure rubbish and propaganda. We've covered this whole affair relentlessly and it's a witch hunt.

You want the truth about America, read our papers. You want the truth about the UK, read yours.

Montoya
08-01-2014, 09:55 AM
I do not support Snowden, there were other ways, legal ways and less dangerous ways to get his message out. He IS a traitor, or at least can be charged with espionage.

Paperback Writer
08-01-2014, 10:07 AM
I do not support Snowden, there were other ways, legal ways and less dangerous ways to get his message out. He IS a traitor, or at least can be charged with espionage.

If he had not done what he did he would have violated his oath. No offence but yours is a very limited viewpoint given the egregious character of this agency.

They've spied on us, illegally, on the Germans, illegally, and on you, illegally. The NSA can fuck right on off as far as I'm concerned.

Montoya
08-01-2014, 10:08 AM
If he had not done what he did he would have violated his oath. No offence but yours is a very limited viewpoint given the egregious character of this agency.

They've spied on us, illegally, on the Germans, illegally, and on you, illegally. The NSA can fuck right on off as far as I'm concerned.

Honestly I really don't care, you don't think this has been going on for decades?

Captain Obvious
08-01-2014, 10:10 AM
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/500x/53185393.jpg

Paperback Writer
08-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Honestly I really don't care, you don't think this has been going on for decades?

Obviously you don't care. Your demeanour is that of a classic simpleton. If it's been going on illegally that makes it legal or something of that sort. Bravo! You've exposed yourself as a troglodyte. Your country must be proud.

The Xl
08-01-2014, 10:12 AM

If you honestly believe that, you're beyond naive.

The Xl
08-01-2014, 10:13 AM

And you're okay with that?

Paperback Writer
08-01-2014, 10:15 AM
If you honestly believe that, you're beyond naive.

Of course, he wouldn't have been fired or jailed. :sarcasm:

We know now from emails that he tried going through the proper channels and was told to shove off.

Should he have kept it to himself after that? Most would out of fear. He did something exceptional and only the thickest of twats would offer him up on a platter for ridicule.

The Xl
08-01-2014, 10:16 AM
Of course, he wouldn't have been fired or jailed. :sarcasm:

We know now from emails that he tried going through the proper channels and was told to shove off.

Should he have kept it to himself after that? Most would out of fear. He did something exceptional and only the thickest of twats would offer him up on a platter for ridicule.

Agreed.

Alyosha
08-01-2014, 10:50 AM

No, there weren't. If it helps you to see that he was right, this started under Bush.

Peter1469
08-01-2014, 01:11 PM

Agreed. But German, French, and likely UK spy agencies have done the same thing. I find it amusing who protests.

Montoya
08-01-2014, 04:13 PM
And you're okay with that?

I have more pressing issues to worry about rather than some long shot worst case scenario.

donttread
08-01-2014, 05:37 PM
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/08/01/336958020/big-data-firm-says-it-can-link-snowden-data-to-changed-terrorist-behavior

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2014/08/01/snowden-221ad23b9473a01eb574d7960ba9d8891befd5ab-s40.jpg

Yes, clearly revealing to the American people that their "of the people" government is spending their money to spy on... them clearly has direct ties to terrorist actions. The terrorist in Washington that is