PDA

View Full Version : Military cancels Ted Nugent show citing anti-Obama comments

Captain Obvious
04-22-2012, 04:05 PM
http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/21/11324499-military-cancels-ted-nugent-show-citing-anti-obama-comments?lite

Fort Knox personnel did not return calls or emails requesting clarification on their “obligation to be apolitical” in their entertainment selections.

Gee, I wonder why.

MMC
04-22-2012, 04:22 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4807383193160053&id=d22c9062148a5bd9b65aea363608e230&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.chartattack.com%2ffiles%2fima gecache%2fcontent_image-680xauto%2fchart_global%2fnews%2fted_nugent.jpg http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4852454581272868&id=485df5ca5cd5c6c117436f438dee8783&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.bookapex.com%2fimages%2fTed-White-and-Blue-The-Nugent-Manifesto-1596985550-L.jpg

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4978314308616339&id=ce7a716464dd2dd50827b57b9c1c98d9&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.demotivationalposters.org%2fi mage%2fdemotivational-poster%2f0902%2fted-nugent-for-president-demotivational-poster-1233680230.jpg

Maybe if he throws the hat into this ring.....they will let him. Let me guess tho. They are willing to have Barbra Striesand come in his place.

ramone
04-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Ted is a real American, too bad there aren't more like him out there. This is more political BS, anytime anybody says anything bad about that idiot we have in the White House this is what happens.

dadakarma
04-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Ted is a real American, too bad there aren't more like him out there. This is more political BS, anytime anybody says anything bad about that idiot we have in the White House this is what happens.

sez the skinhead.

:roflmao:

Captain Obvious
04-22-2012, 05:04 PM

Ted's a fucking crackpot, he makes Sarah Palin look stable.

FTN (old Goldfinger song), what I have my gutchies in a bunch over is the hypocrisy that Nugent got nixed because the military is "apolitical".

What a crock of fucking shit.

ramone
04-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Yeah, he is mental. I agree but he is a stanch defender of our right to bear arms and for that alone he is OK in my book.

Agreed that was a bad deal considering the others listed in the article that they let play before.

dadakarma
04-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Yeah, he is mental. I agree but he is a stanch defender of our right to bear arms and for that alone he is OK in my book.

It doesn't take much when your standards are good and low.

Captain Obvious
04-22-2012, 05:11 PM

Agreed that was a bad deal considering the others listed in the article that they let play before.

I don't agree to an extent.

I'm a total gun rights guy, I have an entire case full of them. Rifles, pistols, a Ugo SKS... but guys like Nugent are killing it for me. He's not the guy I want representing my right nor do I want this guy to own guns, he's out of his fucking mind. Take his guns away from him and I don't want just anyone buying and owning guns. Far greater than 50% of the people in our society are not responsible enough to own guns, take them away from them and never let them possess guns and ammo.

That's my point.

dadakarma
04-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Probably because he was a coward, who went out of his way to avoid Vietnam?

Could be! Can you blame them?

'Out of his way'. Nice touch, Dagny.

ramone
04-22-2012, 05:17 PM
True, I agree that a lot people are not responsible enough to have a bb gun. The problem is that they have no training or common sense IMO. I grew up with guns and my father was big on safety and the proper way to handle a weapon. Today people are missing this instruction. They want to run out and buy a weapon and they don't have a clue what they have or how to properly handle it. This is why people are killed every year.

You can't take the guns away from just a few, if you do then that is the first step to total gun control. It's already happened in the UK and Australia. While I agree with your comments, it can't be done that way.

dadakarma
04-22-2012, 05:19 PM
True, I agree that a lot people are not responsible enough to have a bb gun. The problem is that they have no training or common sense IMO. I grew up with guns and my father was big on safety and the proper way to handle a weapon. Today people are missing this instruction. They want to run out and buy a weapon and they don't have a clue what they have or how to properly handle it. This is why people are killed every year.

You can't take the guns away from just a few, if you do then that is the first step to total gun control. It's already happened in the UK and Australia. While I agree with your comments, it can't be done that way.

So let the whackjobs have their guns. Right Ramone?

Conley
04-22-2012, 05:30 PM
This reminds me of Spunk's poopy pants thread.

dadakarma
04-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Damn...I'd say he went out of his way.

And into his pants

He considers himself an alpha male.

dadakarma
04-22-2012, 05:39 PM
In an 'I had to obtain legal guardianship over my 17 year old girlfriend to make the relationship legal' kinda way.

Patriots always follow the law, ya know.

Captain Obvious
04-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Probably because he was a coward, who went out of his way to avoid Vietnam?

That's old news but you missed the point.

Who gives a shit about Nugent? The issue is the hypocrisy of the military.

Brainless libtards just love the idea that Nugent is getting trashed. Who fucking cares, those people are bigger morons than Nugent. You could put them all - Nugent, asswipe libtards on an island with a crate of baseball bats for all I care.

dadakarma
04-22-2012, 05:44 PM

Brainless libtards just love the idea that Nugent is getting trashed. Who fucking cares, those people are bigger morons than Nugent. You could put them all - Nugent, asswipe libtards on an island with a crate of baseball bats for all I care.

You aren't seriously shocked that the military isn't apolitcal, are you? As if this is a new thing. Please. You're not that dumb.

dadakarma
04-22-2012, 05:49 PM
Did you hear the comments he's been making on stage? Do you honestly think the military is going to put an Obama basher in a show?

This shit's a no-brainer. Faux outrage. Laughable.

dadakarma
04-22-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm sure Dubyah's military wouldn't have put the Dixie Chicks on stage.

Of course not.

Captain Obvious
04-22-2012, 06:20 PM
You aren't seriously shocked that the military isn't apolitcal, are you? As if this is a new thing. Please. You're not that dumb.

Of course not, what gave you that fucking idea.

I thought I was pretty clear, I'm annoyed at the hypocrisy.

dadakarma
04-22-2012, 06:25 PM
You're annoyed at the hypocrisy this time.

Mister D
04-22-2012, 06:26 PM
You're annoyed at the hypocrisy this time.

On what basis do you make such a claim?

MMC
04-22-2012, 07:28 PM
On what basis do you make such a claim?

I will bet you was thinking what I was thinking. I find it quite funny that people make a big deal of Nugent. Yet when they ask other top guitarists in the World about other top lead guitarists. Such as Beck, Trower, Clapton, and Eddie; Isn't it strange to hear all in the same profession give him kudos for being one of the Best.

Thats one fact that Lames with the Blames.....just can't get around.

CoLibertarian
04-23-2012, 01:06 AM
I wonder what the right wing response to the Dixie Chicks would have been had they threatened the life of Bush (like Ted did) instead of merely stating that they were embarrassed to be from the same state as Bush.

CoLibertarian
04-23-2012, 01:09 AM
This is the man the right wing freaks adore:

Here is the relevant portion of the interview from the October, 1977, edition of High Times as provided by a reporter who still had a copy in his archives:

"High Times: How did you get out of the draft?

Ted Nugent: Ted was a young boy, appearing to be a hippie but quite opposite in fact, working hard and playing hard, playing rock and roll like a deviant. People would question my sanity, I played so much. So I got my notice to be in the draft. Do you think I was gonna lay down my guitar and go play army? Give me a break! I was busy doin’ it to it. I had a career Jack. If I was walkin’ around, hippying down, getting’ loaded and pickin’ my ass like your common curs, I’d say “Hey yeah, go in the army. Beats the poop out of scuffin’ around in the gutters.” But I wasn’t a gutter dog. I was a hard workin’, motherf***n’ rock and roll musician.

I got my physical notice 30 days prior to. Well, on that day I ceased cleansing my body. No more brushing my teeth, no more washing my hair, no baths, no soap, no water. Thirty days of debris build. I stopped shavin’ and I was 18, had a little scraggly beard, really looked like a hippie. I had long hair, and it started gettin’ kinky, matted up. Then two weeks before, I stopped eating any food with nutritional value. I just had chips, Pepsi, beer-stuff I never touched-buttered poop, little jars of Polish sausages, and I’d drink the syrup, I was this side of death, Then a week before, I stopped going to the bathroom. I did it in my pants. poop, pi** the whole shot. My pants got crusted up.

See, I approached the whole thing like, Ted Nugent, cool hard-workin’ dude, is gonna wreak havoc on these imbeciles in the armed forces. I’m gonna play their own game, and I’m gonna destroy ‘em. Now my whole body is crusted in poop and pi**. I was ill. And three or four days before, I started stayin’ awake. I was close to death, but I was in control. I was extremely antidrug as I’ve always been, but I snorted some crystal methedrine. Talk about one wounded motherf****r. A guy put up four lines, and it was for all four of us, but I didn’t know and I’m vacuuming that poop right up. I was a walking, talking hunk of human poop. I was six-foot-three of sin. So the guys took me down to the physical, and my nerves, my emotions were distraught. I was not a good person. I was wounded. But as painful and nauseous as it was – ‘cause I was really into bein’ clean and on the ball – I made gutter swine hippies look like football players. I was deviano.

So I went in, and those guys in uniform couldn’t believe the smell. They were ridiculin’ me and pushin’ me around and I was cryin’, but all the time I was laughin’ to myself. When they stuck the needle in my arm for the blood test I passed out, and when I came to they were kicking me into the wall. Then they made everybody take off their pants, and I did, and this sergeant says, “Oh my God, put those back on! You f*****g swine you!” Then they had a urine test and I couldn’t pi**, but my poop was just like ooze, man, so I poop in the cup and put it on the counter. I had poop on my hand and my arm. The guy almost puked. I was so proud. I knew I had these chumps beat. The last thing I remember was wakin’ up in the ear test booth and they were sweepin’ up. So I went home and cleaned up.

They took a putty knife to me. I got the street rats out of my hair, ate some good steaks, beans, potatoes, cottage cheese, milk. A couple of days and I was ready to kick ass. And in the mail I got this big juicy 4-F. They’d call dead people before they’d call my ass. But you know the funny thing about it? I’d make an incredible army man. I’d be a colonel before you knew what hit you, and I’d have the baddest bunch of motherf****n’ killers you’d ever seen in my platoon. But I just wasn’t into it. I was too busy doin’ my own thing, you know."

Conley
04-23-2012, 08:45 AM
I wonder what the right wing response to the Dixie Chicks would have been had they threatened the life of Bush (like Ted did) instead of merely stating that they were embarrassed to be from the same state as Bush.

CoLib! Good to see you around again, and good point as well.

Captain Obvious
04-23-2012, 08:58 AM
This is the man the right wing freaks adore:

Wrong, it's the man lefties want right wing freaks to adore.

You know that every other political forum has umpteen-thousand of posts just like yours, especially this old war-dodge story?

In other words, you're really not that uncommon with this approach.

Nice to see ya around tho.

Alias
04-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Real Americans like Nugent because he represents individual freedom and he shoves it right in the left's face.

That's what we like and we like it because that's what America is all about.

gophangover
04-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Real Americans like Nugent because he represents individual freedom and he shoves it right in the left's face.

That's what we like and we like it because that's what America is all about.

Nobody likes Nugent. Liberals know he's a moron, cons don't think he looks conservative, and cons don't even like themselves. Santorum hates Romney, Romney hates Santorum, Paul hates them both, and Gingrich hates them all. Conservative hate equals a win for the liberals.

Conley
04-23-2012, 09:57 AM
Paul and Romney are actually buddies, surprisingly enough.

Alias
04-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Nobody likes Nugent. Liberals know he's a moron, cons don't think he looks conservative, and cons don't even like themselves. Santorum hates Romney, Romney hates Santorum, Paul hates them both, and Gingrich hates them all. Conservative hate equals a win for the liberals.

Can't argue with that logic.

Mainecoons
04-23-2012, 10:47 AM
And a win for the liberals means the collapse will come sooner rather than later because if there was ever a group of people who can't learn from the failure of their ideas, it is liberals for sure.

OFBUACMKA
04-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Such a claim, though, seems dubious when it comes to choosing entertainers, who oftentimes show their partisanship. At its website, for example, Fort Knox is touting an appearance this month by comedian Jay Phillips who is supportive of Obama through his Twitter activities. And Ludacris has performed at U.S. Army bases even after the 2008 release of his pro-Obama song “Politics As Usual,” which calls Hillary Clinton, who was running against Obama at the time, a “bitch” who is “irrelevant.” The ultra-partisan song also called President George W. Bush “mentally handicapped” and says that Sen. John McCain "don't belong in any chair unless he’s paralyzed.”

"Apolitical". "A-Holes" is more like it.

dadakarma
04-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Such a claim, though, seems dubious when it comes to choosing entertainers, who oftentimes show their partisanship. At its website, for example, Fort Knox is touting an appearance this month by comedian Jay Phillips who is supportive of Obama through his Twitter activities. And Ludacris has performed at U.S. Army bases even after the 2008 release of his pro-Obama song “Politics As Usual,” which calls Hillary Clinton, who was running against Obama at the time, a “bitch” who is “irrelevant.” The ultra-partisan song also called President George W. Bush “mentally handicapped” and says that Sen. John McCain "don't belong in any chair unless he’s paralyzed.”

"Apolitical". "A-Holes" is more like it.

Awww. Don't worry - when it's your party's turn to be CiC, the military will make sure none of the entertainment at its shows is someone whose made veiled threats against them and/or who bashes them. Feel better?

OFBUACMKA
04-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Awww. Don't worry - when it's your party's turn to be CiC, the military will make sure none of the entertainment at its shows is someone whose made veiled threats against them and/or who bashes them. Feel better?

Not at all. This reeks of White House abuse of power.

dadakarma
04-23-2012, 01:28 PM

Oh noes! Abuse of power! Bush never did that!

Alias
04-23-2012, 01:32 PM

Let's just say Bush abused power. Now what? Are you going to face the truth and the facts or just stand there while you piss your pants and say "Bush did it too".

OFBUACMKA
04-23-2012, 01:34 PM

Ah! The mantra of the left. I thought "The Chosen One" was supposed to represent change. To be different

Three years into this Obama-nation, all you can do is point to Bush?

Do you get a commission every time you use that smiley?

dadakarma
04-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Let's just say Bush abused power. Now what? Are you going to face the truth and the facts or just stand there while you piss your pants and say "Bush did it too".

Why are you guys peeing your pants because Nugent's show was cancelled? He bashes Obama - that's the Commander-in-Chief. Nugent was cancelled for the same reason that a military show would've never included The Dixie Chicks while Bush was Commander-in-Chief.

Still need to blubber about this? Really?

dadakarma
04-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Ah! The mantra of the left. I thought "The Chosen One" was supposed to represent change. To be different

Three years into this Obama-nation, all you can do is point to Bush?

Do you get a commission every time you use that smiley?

Do smileys offend you?

Alias
04-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Why are you guys peeing your pants because Nugent's show was cancelled? He bashes Obama - that's the Commander-in-Chief. Nugent was cancelled for the same reason that a military show would've never included The Dixie Chicks while Bush was Commander-in-Chief.

Still need to blubber about this? Really?

I really don't give a damn about any concert being cancelled. My point is Obama is a collosal glittering failure, and all you and your pals can do is pat yourselves on the back over nonsense like this.

dadakarma
04-23-2012, 01:39 PM
I really don't give a damn about any concert being cancelled. My point is Obama is a collosal glittering failure, and all you and your pals can do is pat yourselves on the back over nonsense like this.

Oh, okay. So, you just feel like whining. Understood.

Alias
04-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Oh, okay. So, you just feel like whining. Understood.

George Washington was a whiner and Jesus was a bigot in your world. Press on.

People like you award Nobel Peace Prizes to scum like Arafat and Obama and then turn around and murder people like Ghandi and Jesus Christ.

OFBUACMKA
04-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Do smileys offend you?

No - your vitriole does.

Nice side-step, by the way.

dadakarma
04-23-2012, 01:46 PM
No - your vitriole does.

Then stop whining about smileys. :wink:

Alias
04-23-2012, 01:46 PM
No - your vitriole does.

Oh, they're nasty evil things. Their mask slips off every once in a while to reveal the rotting corpse beneath.

OFBUACMKA
04-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Then stop whining about smileys. :wink:

And take away your side-step?

dadakarma
04-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Oh, they're nasty evil things. Their mask slips off every once in a while to reveal the rotting corpse beneath.

I hope you said your prayers today, Alias. :evil:

Alias
04-23-2012, 02:14 PM
I hope you said your prayers today, Alias. :evil:

Your pathetic swipes don't phase me. You and your pals are nothing more than flies at the picnic.

dadakarma
04-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Your pathetic swipes don't phase me. You and your pals are nothing more than flies at the picnic.

'Rotting corpse'.

MMC
04-23-2012, 03:36 PM

Well don't forget Alias.....then there are the Satan worshippers who believe Satan is a God. Course they give two shits about being called a hypocrit. Or worry about what others say about Satan or them as a Church and being his followers.

Although you should hear some of the prayers. Which all deal with some evil stuff that man does, and looks to do intentionally. All thru prayers upon those they hate. Again Intentionally.

gophangover
04-23-2012, 04:31 PM

Ah, a fellow conspiracy theorist. Did you know that Shrub knew about the 9/11 plan, and let it happen so he could invade Iraq?

MMC
04-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Ah, a fellow conspiracy theorist. Did you know that Shrub knew about the 9/11 plan, and let it happen so he could invade Iraq?

Yep, and so did all those Demos that voted to go along for the ride. Specially Dodd and Frank who thought it would be easier to get away with things while all else was occupied with Iraq. Well except for Obama who said he thought the War should have been started in Afghanistan in the first place.

Although this is not a conspiracy. Just more of the basic facts.

Conley
04-23-2012, 04:52 PM
I refuse to believe Bush knew about 9/11 ahead of time. No way. But whether or not 9/11 ever happened he and those around him always planned on invading Iraq. The deliberate confusion of the two issues (the 9/11 attack and the war in Iraq, with claims of AQ running wild there) was very calculated.

MMC
04-23-2012, 05:25 PM
I refuse to believe Bush knew about 9/11 ahead of time. No way. But whether or not 9/11 ever happened he and those around him always planned on invading Iraq. The deliberate confusion of the two issues (the 9/11 attack and the war in Iraq, with claims of AQ running wild there) was very calculated.

Yeah, I am with you on that CL.....same thing with the Obama Citizenship deal. No way that the previous Adminstration would allow a Usurper to even enter the race. Not unless there was a way to decieve all. Chances of that are very slim.

Althought they do say Some False Prophet will be running around talking shiznit when there is an Anti-Christ promising to help straightening out all the Choas out there. They even say this false prophet will be able to cause Flames to shoot down upon the earth. Marveling all.

Do you think then the left will start using the words.....Simply Marvelous? :laugh:

Captain Obvious
04-23-2012, 06:53 PM

Yeah, I agree - just another conspiracy theory.

I do believe that GW was fairly certain there were no WMD's in Iraq at the time we went in.

Vilifier of Zombies
04-23-2012, 07:45 PM

The flipside of all that is why would the military allow Nugent to put on a show after he'd made those comments? Seems to be impartiality in this case, is canceling his show - no one's saying that he can't put on a show outside the gate - if he were truly determined to put on a show...

Besides, the Lieutenant Dan Band, which does shows all over - covers a couple Nugent songs - probably better than Nugent himself does, so it's no big loss...

Mainecoons
04-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Who gives a shit about Nugent?

'zactly!!

Captain Obvious
04-23-2012, 07:53 PM
The flipside of all that is why would the military allow Nugent to put on a show after he'd made those comments? Seems to be impartiality in this case, is canceling his show - no one's saying that he can't put on a show outside the gate - if he were truly determined to put on a show...

Besides, the Lieutenant Dan Band, which does shows all over - covers a couple Nugent songs - probably better than Nugent himself does, so it's no big loss...

Clearly it's not the show itself. My point is that other controversial acts have played at Whitehouse events, specifically liberal and/or minority acts.

On a side note, as a gun owner and rights guy, I don't want Nugent representing my interests. He gives the cause a bad name.

MMC
04-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Yeah.....Nugent should stick to playing the guitar. He wants to say say soemething. Tell him to put in a song. As far as leading people into battle. I am sure once a few grenades go off near his azz.....we would find that he somehow reverted back to his plan to be 4f.

Vilifier of Zombies
04-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Clearly it's not the show itself. My point is that other controversial acts have played at Whitehouse events, specifically liberal and/or minority acts.

On a side note, as a gun owner and rights guy, I don't want Nugent representing my interests. He gives the cause a bad name.

Whatever the Whitehouse wants to do for entertainment isn't really all that important...I think that whoever is in charge at the time gets to dictate what entertainment goes on at the Whitehouse - I do think politics should take a backseat when we're discussing shows on our military bases though, if Nugent is bad mouthing the President then denigrating one half of our population's political points of view publicly then it shouldn't be a surprise if the military cancels his shows. It's not like they don't like the guy, they were gonna let him do a show prior too him opening up his trap...the lesson here for Nugent is he should've just shut the fuck up before putting on a show on a military base or it could very well possibly get nixed.

Captain Obvious
04-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Is there a reason you compare a show that the military puts on, to a show that happens at the WH?

Yes.

You connect the dots, they're pretty close together.