PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest aka Metta World Peace Cheap Shot Elbow

Conley
04-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Wow, take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP23pOHv7A0

It's on Youtube now. Reminds me of Torres and the repeat offender conversation we were having...

MMC
04-22-2012, 08:34 PM
He calls himself Metta World Peace.....huh. :laugh:

Captain Obvious
04-22-2012, 09:25 PM
I couldn't find that video and the name rang a bell, I thought maybe since Coonlevy posted it he might be a kickboxer.

Basketball player, are they playing basketball now? I hear baseball started, the guys over on the Pgh sports forum are whining about the $10m pitcher they signed who tried committing suicide by bunt in the offseason after he realized he was a Pirate.

MMC
04-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Well I knew once I saw Ron Artest.....but I thought the guy might be double dribbling like Steven Seagal. Or that he was one of the Tag team guys from the WWE. :laugh:

Conley
04-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Fixed the link, check it out and see what you think.

His season should be over IMO.

MMC
04-22-2012, 10:37 PM
Booker T I hear is looking for a tag team Partner. Or someone he can manage. They don't have that many games left do they? But he should be suspended and fined.

Captain Obvious
04-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Can he skate?

Conley
04-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Booker T I hear is looking for a tag team Partner. Or someone he can manage. They don't have that many games left do they? But he should be suspended and fined.

Well they've got the playoffs and they were one of the best teams in the Western Conference, so they could still have a lot of games in the playoffs. The NBA playoffs go on forever, and over half the teams get in, even under 500...it's ridiculous.

Conley
04-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Can he skate?

Roller derby only.

Captain Obvious
04-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Pens could put him to use.

Conley
04-22-2012, 10:44 PM
TBH, I'd watch the chit out of that show.

MMC
04-23-2012, 05:03 AM
Pens could put him to use.

Not only the Pens.....but the Steelers too. :evil:

Conley
04-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Not only the Pens.....but the Steelers too. :evil:

Emperor Goodell wouldn't allow it. :angry:

MMC
04-23-2012, 11:42 AM
Consider it payback for sending Cordell Stewart up to Chicago. :angry: :laugh:

Conley
04-24-2012, 08:46 PM
So it turns out he gets seven games. Harsh by NBA standards but I would have given him more considering the factors.

Captain Obvious
04-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Consider it payback for sending Cordell Stewart up to Chicago. :angry: :laugh:

Korky!

I almost forgot about him - or wanted to.

He does sports interviews now I believe, I heard him about a year ago on satellite radio.

Conley
04-25-2012, 08:57 AM
:laugh: That's better than a lot of ex-pros I guess.

BlackAsCoal
04-25-2012, 02:22 PM
What? No "thug" references?

Surely that would be what we'd call hockey players who use weapons to pummel each other into toothless wonder.

:0)

MMC
04-25-2012, 02:25 PM
What? No "thug" references?

Surely that would be what we'd call hockey players who use weapons to pummel each other into toothless wonder.

Sure there are.....Artest was a thug back when he was with Chicago. :grin:

BlackAsCoal
04-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Sure there are.....Artest was a thug back when he was with Chicago. :grin:

Is that what you call hockey players?

MMC
04-25-2012, 02:50 PM

:laugh: I am still trying to figure out just what to call a guy who puts his face in front of a hockey puck coming at him at about a hundred 20 some mph. I mean when Duncan Keith did for the Hawks and had 5 teeth knocked out in the first part of the game. Then went back in to play the rest of the game. With people always pushing him and shoving him. Then had to get into a pushing match with some guy.

At first I said that takes balls. Then I said he was a lunatic. Course the Hockey sports announcers pitched it as......ah he is Canadian. :laugh:

Truthfully if the Hawks are losing and playing like shiznit. Trust me.....thug is just one of the lighter words used. :wink:

Pretty much what I would call Lebron James tackling Rose from the Bulls. Althought again there would be some added descriptors. :grin:

Conley
04-26-2012, 09:17 AM

No, those are goons.

BlackAsCoal
04-28-2012, 01:48 AM
No, those are goons.

MMC
04-28-2012, 02:05 AM
Yeah.....CL hit the nail on the head there. :wink:

Conley
04-28-2012, 08:07 AM
http://boston.sportsthenandnow.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/i_hansons_hi.jpg

:grin:

MMC
04-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Those guys were pretty funny. :grin:

Conley
04-28-2012, 08:36 AM
The Hanson Brother characters inspired Canadian rock / punk band Nomeansno to create an alter-ego band The Hanson Brothers, playing Ramones-style songs about girls, hockey and beer.

:laugh:

MMC
04-28-2012, 08:43 AM
I remember the first time I saw that movie. Those guys did an awesome job. Didnt they come out with a part two?

Conley
04-28-2012, 09:15 AM
I'm not sure, it would make sense considering how popular those guys were.

Vilifier of Zombies
04-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Fixed the link, check it out and see what you think.

His season should be over IMO.

I thought that was a great elbow - every time I see it I laugh...

Harden is a thug - a bully - and a bitch that got knocked the fuck out.

Conley
04-28-2012, 10:29 AM
:shocked: Don't use the word 'thug'! :laugh:

Vilifier of Zombies
04-28-2012, 10:30 AM
:shocked: Don't use the word 'thug'! :laugh:

If the shoe fits then Harden is a thug from Lakewood - it's a term of endearment, what'd the big deal?

dsolo802
04-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Damn, elbow thrown full force, with that kind of leverage by one of the strongest guys in the NBA, at the side of the head - that could have been the first on court NBA fatality. Peace must have a guardian angel, because if i'm the commish, he is out of the league for good.

Harden may be an asshole - but he deserves to live, don't ya think?

BlackAsCoal
04-29-2012, 09:25 AM
If the shoe fits then Harden is a thug from Lakewood - it's a term of endearment, what'd the big deal?

No it isn't.

Captain Obvious
04-29-2012, 09:32 AM
You girls have to be sensitive, "thug" is racist now.

:rofl:

Vilifier of Zombies
04-29-2012, 01:29 PM
No it isn't.

Have you ever been to Lakewood?

BlackAsCoal
05-01-2012, 06:15 AM
Have you ever been to Lakewood?

It doesn't matter. Are you and your race defined by what punk rockers or skinheads do?

We should be defined by Snoop Dogg?

Rappers took "thug" and made a billion-dollars out of it. They created a hugely successful industry .. that white people support more than anyone else .. out of a false image. Many of them are from middle-class homes and have no criminal record. Today, there are few places on planet earth where rap is unknown and not copied.

It's no "term of endearment." It's youthful slang and theatrics that made a lot of people rich and changed the music industry forever.

I don't do rap .. but there it is.

MMC
05-01-2012, 06:21 AM
It doesn't matter. Are you and your race defined by what punk rockers or skinheads do?

Rappers took "thug" and made a billion-dollars out of it. They created a hugely successful industry .. that white people support more than anyone else .. out of a false image. Many of them are from middle-class homes and have no criminal record. Today, there are few places on planet earth where rap is unknown and not copied.

It's no "term of endearment." It's youthful slang and theatrics that made a lot of people rich and changed the music industry forever.

Nothing wrong with Rap.....it was taken from the Medieval Bard. Course if you remember the first Rap Music back in the late 70's most of those cuts were 10 mins to 15 minutes long. None can deny it is about going mental.

Vilifier of Zombies
05-01-2012, 12:18 PM

Who's inserting race into the discussion? I'm not.

I've always thought Bill Laimbeer a thug as well, albeit a more theatrical "Actor's Guild" thug and he's as white as the driven snow.

Feel free to discuss the rap industry all you want on a Ron Artest knocking Harden the fuck out thread.

If this is gonna turn out to be one of those "Whaddya mean YOU PEOPLE!" discussions on a basketball thread then go ahead and count me out of it.

Mister D
05-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Those people are always talking about race. :grin:

MMC
05-01-2012, 02:25 PM
:thinking: uhm.....how did we go to skin-heads and punk-rockers with an a term of endearment by Artest to the Side of Hardins head. :slap: Hmmmm, I'm so confused. :confused3: But I will bet Hardin didn't use the word thug. :wink:

Vilifier of Zombies
05-01-2012, 03:05 PM
That's right, he'd probably use the words thump or thud instead.