PDA

View Full Version : Migration out of California?

Peter1469
08-04-2014, 05:56 PM
Migration out of California? (http://www.naturalnews.com/046289_California_extreme_drought_human_migration. html)

It seems as if they have too many people for their fresh water supply and don't seem to be taking actions to fix the problems.

All the usual measures are being taken to try to soften the impact of the drought: The Governor has declared a state of emergency, strict water conservation efforts are already in force, neighborhood "water cops" hand out stiff fines for excessive water usage, and people are scrambling to cut water consumption in every way possible.

These efforts, however, will not be enough. The simple, inescapable fact is that much of California is simply not sustainably inhabitable with the population densities it currently hosts. Los Angeles, in particular, is a city built in a desert and almost entirely dependent on imported water supplies for its survival.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/046289_California_extreme_drought_human_migration. html#ixzz39T0AyfTh

http://www.naturalnews.com/gallery/articles/US-drought-monitor-600.jpg

Dr. Who
08-04-2014, 06:17 PM
A sobering prospect, but one that should have been predicted if the powers that be had had any sense whatsoever. Golf courses, lawns and swimming pools in the middle of a desert are unsustainable.

Blackrook
08-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Agriculture is what uses up most of California's water, farmers buy it by the acre-foot, not the gallon at a very inexpensive price.

darroll
08-04-2014, 06:24 PM
They are coming to Oregon with their screwy lifestyles.

Captain Obvious
08-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Hey - but we're gonna throw tons of money at Mexican kids running across the border.

Bob
08-04-2014, 07:14 PM
We will soon lose a lot of industry to states like TX if they don't resume the Auburn Dam project. They have predicted shortages yet to date done nothing about them but hope.

Peter1469
08-04-2014, 07:16 PM
San Diego finally got a lot of rain last night. Or so my friends tell me.

Bob
08-04-2014, 07:19 PM

Rain is close to me as well. They had flooding in the south part of CA over the week end.

Peter1469
08-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Rain is close to me as well. They had flooding in the south part of CA over the week end.

And a mudslide I understand.

Bob
08-04-2014, 07:42 PM
And a mudslide I understand.

With at least one death. something like 2 inches of rain in an hour. We saw video of vehicles buried under mud as well as mud slides rushing down local roads.

texan
08-04-2014, 08:22 PM
They probably have 25 million of the illegals in the dark red. Yeah they have no impact

PolWatch
08-04-2014, 08:31 PM
With at least one death. something like 2 inches of rain in an hour. We saw video of vehicles buried under mud as well as mud slides rushing down local roads.

Wow...2" in one hour...I'll send 'em some of my extra water:

State precipitation record for 24 hours - Dauphin Island, southwestern Alabama, 7/19-20/1997, 32.52" (just south of where I live)

I know of several occasions where we received over 10" in one hour...and it was not a hurricane.

Mister D
08-04-2014, 08:35 PM

State precipitation record for 24 hours - Dauphin Island, southwestern Alabama, 7/19-20/1997, 32.52" (just south of where I live)

I know of several occasions where we received over 10" in one hour...and it was not a hurricane.

What is that? Water world? :shocked:

PolWatch
08-04-2014, 08:46 PM
pretty much...husband threatens to put pontoons on the lawn tractor...but it gives him a legit reason to put off cutting the grass. If we see a month with less than 6" of rain, folks start screaming drought! We actually did have a few years of lower than normal (for us) rain. We didn't know how to act, having to water the yard. Husband just put a sump pump into the bayou in our back yard and ran the hose to sprinklers.

Dr. Who
08-04-2014, 09:23 PM
pretty much...husband threatens to put pontoons on the lawn tractor...but it gives him a legit reason to put off cutting the grass. If we see a month with less than 6" of rain, folks start screaming drought! We actually did have a few years of lower than normal (for us) rain. We didn't know how to act, having to water the yard. Husband just put a sump pump into the bayou in our back yard and ran the hose to sprinklers.
You must have a great time with mosquitos!

PolWatch
08-04-2014, 09:34 PM
nah...the critters drown! (I wish!) I stay on a screened in porch during skeeter season (which is much of the year). I do live in a swamp...it goes with the territory.

Dr. Who
08-04-2014, 09:44 PM
nah...the critters drown! (I wish!) I stay on a screened in porch during skeeter season (which is much of the year). I do live in a swamp...it goes with the territory.
Do you have any problems with West Nile virus in your neck of the woods?

PolWatch
08-04-2014, 09:52 PM
9 in 2012...none since.

Bob
08-04-2014, 10:22 PM

Where it took place in CA is pretty much a desert. Where Dad lived in Northern CA he got about 45 inches per year. But most of the state does not get rain like that.

PolWatch
08-04-2014, 10:32 PM
I lived for a few years in El Paso...thought I would dry up & blow away...I'm a Gulf Coast rat...no salt water & little rain -- I'm done for!

Green Arrow
08-04-2014, 10:39 PM
I've said for awhile that other states ought to officially label Californians as refugees. Everyone I knew back there dreamed of getting out. Some did. Others are stuck. I left the first opportunity I had and suffered through homelessness just to avoid going back.

Bob
08-04-2014, 10:42 PM
I've said for awhile that other states ought to officially label Californians as refugees. Everyone I knew back there dreamed of getting out. Some did. Others are stuck. I left the first opportunity I had and suffered through homelessness just to avoid going back.

You were in the wrong part of CA.

Bob
08-04-2014, 10:44 PM
I lived for a few years in El Paso...thought I would dry up & blow away...I'm a Gulf Coast rat...no salt water & little rain -- I'm done for!

I have been to El Paso one time. It was on a train headed to New Orleans. I was stunned people really lived there.

Green Arrow
08-04-2014, 10:44 PM
You were in the wrong part of CA.

I traveled through all of California.

PolWatch
08-04-2014, 10:45 PM
Kinda a normal reaction...I was pretty stunned myself! There are a lot of involuntary residents: Ft Bliss, White Sands, there is an AFB I can't remember the name of.

1751_Texan
08-05-2014, 05:42 AM
We will soon lose a lot of industry to states like TX if they don't resume the Auburn Dam project. They have predicted shortages yet to date done nothing about them but hope.Texas has it's own serious water problems.Holloman AFB.

Matty
08-05-2014, 06:07 AM
Migration out of California? (http://www.naturalnews.com/046289_California_extreme_drought_human_migration. html)

It seems as if they have too many people for their fresh water supply and don't seem to be taking actions to fix the problems.

http://www.naturalnews.com/gallery/articles/US-drought-monitor-600.jpg
Pot is sucking up all the water in California

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/01/medical-marijuana-farms_n_5427374.html

Libhater
08-05-2014, 06:18 AM
Kalifornicator sucks. I was there once at Oakland Army base to where I took a jet to a quick stop over in Hawaii, then another stop over in Japan, and then a final destination to Long Binh Vietnam. Don't plan on ever revisiting that Leftist hellhole on the Left coast again. Good riddance to that commie infested land, and to that twerp Moonbeam governor.

darroll
08-05-2014, 12:45 PM
You forgot about the approx. 30 shots in the rear and make you sit in a jet plane for five days.
Thats livin, man.

Libhater
08-05-2014, 12:47 PM
You forgot about the approx. 30 shots in the rear and make you sit in a jet plane for five days.
Thats livin, man.

Yeah, how quickly one forgets the good times of a past era.

Professor Peabody
08-05-2014, 12:51 PM

We had showers, flash floods and mud slides in the mountains where I live.

Peter1469
08-30-2014, 05:06 AM
Update (http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/08/27/porterville-residents-without-water-as-wells-go-dry-during-california-drought/). California town ran out of well water weeks ago.

Hundreds of people in a California town have no water after wells ran dry during the state’s drought.

The small town of East Porterville in Tulare County has about 7,300 residents, and at least 300 homes have been without water for weeks.

Green Arrow
08-30-2014, 05:15 AM
Update (http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/08/27/porterville-residents-without-water-as-wells-go-dry-during-california-drought/). California town ran out of well water weeks ago.

We used to drive through Porterville every summer on our way to camp up in Sequoia.

Mini Me
08-31-2014, 10:47 AM
We will soon lose a lot of industry to states like TX if they don't resume the Auburn Dam project. They have predicted shortages yet to date done nothing about them but hope.

Forget about the Auburn Dam! They started construction on it, only to find out it was on a major earth quake fault! The tunnel was sealed off with cement.

The NID irrigation co. has plans to build a lake 6 miles long on the Bear River just above Lake Combie. Makes more sense.

Mini Me
08-31-2014, 10:53 AM

But those were just local flash floods from thunderstorms, and leave most other areas bone dry.

What CA needs is biblical rains from the predicted El Nino winter, which is often heavy rains all winter.

Dig down into the ground, and its bone dry 5-6 feet down. The tall pines here in the Sierra foothills here have turned brown, and some trees are just collapsing in the forest! The Yuba Rivers have almost dried up!

Mini Me
08-31-2014, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=PolWatch;714170]Wow...2" in one hour...I'll send 'em some of my extra water:

A place in eastern Texas hold the US all time record of 43 " in 24 hours from a tropical storm! Near Houston.

Mini Me
08-31-2014, 11:01 AM
Where it took place in CA is pretty much a desert. Where Dad lived in Northern CA he got about 45 inches per year. But most of the state does not get rain like that.

We average a whopping 54" here in Grass Valley-Nevada City in the Sierra foothills, at 2400 ' elevation. Some higher elevations get 70".

The mountains around S. Cal get 30-50" a year, but it so erratic, with many dry years. Even Ellay gets 15" a year, not exactly a desert, but its hit and miss.