PDA

View Full Version : More leaks

Peter1469
08-05-2014, 07:04 PM
With such large intelligence programs and so many people with access, more leaks are going to happen (http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/05/politics/u-s-new-leaker/index.html).

The article cites documents prepared by the National Counterterrorism Center dated August 2013, which is after Snowden left the United States to avoid criminal charges.

Greenwald has suggested there was another leaker. In July, he said on Twitter "it seems clear at this point" that there was another.

Government officials have been investigating to find out that identity.

In a February interview with CNN's Reliable Sources, Greenwald said: "I definitely think it's fair to say that there are people who have been inspired by Edward Snowden's courage and by the great good and virtue that it has achieved."

He added, "I have no doubt there will be other sources inside the government who see extreme wrongdoing who are inspired by Edward Snowden."

Captain Obvious
08-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Should there be classified information - yes.

Should the amount of classified information be at the level it is now - no.

Somewhere in the middle is the sweet spot, that we are unlikely to see.

Stoney
08-05-2014, 07:22 PM
If you converse with people much around the DC area you'll find what seems like a disproportionate number claim to be employed in intelligence, either directly by our federal government, or in my experience, more contracted to the federal government. With the number of people working in this field there are bound to be leaks. And I agree that we probably are classifying information that doesn't need to be classified secret. A bureaucracy's most loyal pursuit is that of justifying and expanding it's existence.

And of course there's a good argument to be made that all administrations leak on purpose.

Captain Obvious
08-05-2014, 07:31 PM
If you converse with people much around the DC area you'll find what seems like a disproportionate number claim to be employed in intelligence, either directly by our federal government, or in my experience, more contracted to the federal government. With the number of people working in this field there are bound to be leaks. And I agree that we probably are classifying information that doesn't need to be classified secret. A bureaucracy's most loyal pursuit is that of justifying and expanding it's existence.

And of course there's a good argument to be made that all administrations leak on purpose.

And everyone on tPF has a 130+ IQ and a 7+ inch cock and makes well into the 6 digit range.

We know how that works

sachem
08-05-2014, 07:34 PM
And everyone on tPF has a 130+ IQ and a 7+ inch cock and makes well into the 6 digit range.

We know how that works7+ inches? Not me.

Captain Obvious
08-05-2014, 07:35 PM
7+ inches? Not me.

You have more balls than half the dudes on this forum, don't kid yourself.

;)

Alyosha
08-05-2014, 07:46 PM

We know how that works

Virginia has a million spook contractors, the FBI, research labs....throw a rock in the air here and hit someone spooky.

Captain Obvious
08-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Virginia has a million spook contractors, the FBI, research labs....throw a rock in the air here and hit someone spooky.

Is that a racially derogatory remark?

Stoney
08-05-2014, 07:49 PM

We know how that works

I said "claim" because I am a cynic. However I believe enough of them to hold the opinion that there are too many.

sachem
08-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Is that a racially derogatory remark?It's a Casper derogatory remark.

Peter1469
08-05-2014, 07:52 PM

The intel world is very contractor centric.

Peter1469
08-05-2014, 07:53 PM

We know how that works

Don't short change yourself. :shocked:

Captain Obvious
08-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Don't short change yourself. :shocked:

Well, two out of those three are correct for me.

I'll leave it up to the imagination as to which one is not.

;)

sachem
08-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Well, two out of those three are correct for me.

I'll leave it up to the imagination as to which one is not.

;)You don't have a high six figure IQ?

Captain Obvious
08-05-2014, 08:42 PM
You don't have a high six figure IQ?

It's 7+ actually