PDA

View Full Version : Don't mess with Bill Clinton: Sabotaging Obama 2012

Aristophanes
04-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Barack Obama’s top advisers are making a mid-“core” correction in their attacks on Mitt Romney — with a little nudge from Bill Clinton, who is finding a niche as an Obama campaign whisperer and fundraiser.

Late last year, as Romney galloped to the right, Obama’s messaging team hit on what it assumed would be a durable bumper-sticker attack: Romney, senior advisers David Plouffe and David Axelrod intoned time and again, was a political shape-shifter who lacked any real moral or political “core.”

The slogan was the Obama talking point for months. But Clinton, echoing survey data presented by Obama’s own pollster Joel Benenson, quietly argued that the empty-core approach failed to capitalize on what they see as Romney’s greatest vulnerability: An embrace of a brand of tea party conservatism that turns off Hispanics, women and moderate independents.

A more effective strategy, Clinton has told anyone who would listen, would be to focus almost exclusively on Romney’s description of himself as a “severe conservative,” to deny him any chance to tack back to the center, according to three Democrats close to the situation.http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=DB4E068F-1F99-4843-863C-1A66D3947D4E

I was laughing the other day over the left's description of Romney as more conservative than Goldwater, wondering what amateur took them down that path. Turns out it wasn't an amateur. It was a pro. Said pro has a lot more in common with Romney than Obama. He also has (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0707/5113.html) a grudge (http://hotair.com/archives/2009/07/03/the-clinton-obama-feud-growing/) born in the 2008 primary that was extended when his honorary title of 1st black president was forgotten. He sees in Obama a blinding leftist streak that is easily manipulated, such that the regime is flirting with a strategy that will make Romney look like a man of principle, driving up his leadership numbers, all because they think 'conservatism' is a bad thing, worse than pure and unadulterated opportunism and deceit. Worse than an assault on business and faith. They're going to help Romney convince folks he is something he himself couldn't; a conservative and a man of principle.

Bill was not super welcome in the White House initially. He's been worming his way in for a while, and now he's on the inside. Whispering. Smiling. Don't mess with this guy. He never forgets. :wink:

Captain Obvious
04-23-2012, 08:01 PM
A more effective strategy, Clinton has told anyone who would listen, would be to focus almost exclusively on Romney’s description of himself as a “severe conservative,” to deny him any chance to tack back to the center, according to three Democrats close to the situation.

Keep in mind that Romney's a chameleon, his color will be what best suits him in what situation he's in.

Now that he's "won" (seemingly) the conservative crowd over, I have little doubt that he flips that etch-a-sketch during the POTUS run and waves his moderate flag in everyone's faces.

Welcome to the forum, btw. Glad you're here.

roadmaster
04-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Let him flip on illegals and civil wars and see the cons reject him in numbers. Don't want another Obama.

Conley
04-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Welcome Aristophanes!

Aristophanes
04-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Thank you, thank you.

MMC
04-23-2012, 10:12 PM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4518220247990904&id=d0f663cdfe196c379969f0783ff5b541&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.dreamstime.com%2fwelcome-mat-and-open-door-thumb16393313.jpg

Greetings Aristophanes.....Welcome to the Political Forums of the Rant. :yo2:

MMC
04-24-2012, 06:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOqdL1YzP2Q

Uhm.....I think I heard this before. :wink:

Mainecoons
04-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Man, that sound and those hairdos sure bring back memories.

I'm 68. I lived in the best of times in America for which I am truly grateful.

MMC
04-24-2012, 06:42 PM

LoL I thought it was quite appropriate. Thats why I also started the Rythum Soul Blues and Jazz Thread. Didn't want to lump all the music in the Jukebox or Rock-n-Roll Thread.

Your only a bit older than I am MC.....so I can Identify 100% with You. I remember the Temptations and Ball Of Confusion. They Were telling us Back then. I miss the late 60's and early 70's. When I came home from overseas What a change with what we grew up with.....eh?

Peter1469
04-24-2012, 08:05 PM
More power to Bill.

BlackAsCoal
04-25-2012, 06:23 AM

I'm 62 and also lived those wonderful times .. AND, I grew up in Detroit. Tickets to the Motown Revue cast eight dollars and I would see it about 5 times during its week run at the end of the year. :0)

MMC
04-25-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm 62 and also lived those wonderful times .. AND, I grew up in Detroit. Tickets to the Motown Revue cast eight dollars and I would see it about 5 times during its week run at the end of the year. :0)

Good times back then.....eh BAC? Hope we see ya dropping some of those Motown Hits in the Music thread for Soul, Rythum, Blues , and Jazz. :wink:

Trinnity
05-19-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm 53 and lived in the good times, but I'm sad at seeing this decline and thinking my sons have to look forward to bad times. I hope I'm wrong.

Lowden Clear
05-20-2012, 05:55 PM
These days remind me of the 70s with "For Rent, Sale or Lease" signs on buildings everywhere. High unemployment, doom and gloom of a future ahead. Coming out of school into the job market left much to be desired. It wasn't until conservative principles were applied did our country come out of the darkness. Obama can't give us that. He hasn't the vision.

Conley
05-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Welcome Lowden Clear, love the name :grin: and was wondering if we'd see a post from you.

In a way your post gives me hope for the future since obviously things for America got much brighter even after the prolonged darkness of the time your reference. Things were no doubt very bad then.

MMC
05-20-2012, 06:17 PM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4518220269814558&pid=1.1

Greetings Lowden Clear.....Welcome to the Political Forums of The Rant. :yo2:

Trinnity
05-21-2012, 01:41 AM
Hi, Lowden, nice to see ya. Stick around~

coolwalker
05-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Bill Clinton is no fool...at all. If any of you have read "My Life" by Clinton, you know what I am talking about. He is a master deceiver and semanticist.

Nunya
05-22-2012, 08:22 PM
I did not vote for Clinton and did not want him as President, but I have a lot of respect for him in the sense that he knew how to play the political game (as does his wife). He knew when and how to compromise and he seldom blamed other people for his failures. The exact opposite of our current President. I would take 8 more years of Clinton over 4 more years of Obama.

As far as Romney goes, I really don't care if he is or becomes a moderate. I would hope he doesn't, but if he does, he will still be better then the current residence of the White House.

Conley
05-22-2012, 08:23 PM
I too would prefer Bubba.