PDA

View Full Version : Former White House Staffer: CIA Potted to Kill Nixon

Ethereal
08-09-2014, 03:01 PM
The CIA hatched two plots to assassinate Nixon and sabotaged the Watergate break-in because they didn't want the Vietnam war to end, claims explosive new book (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2719226/CIA-hatched-two-plots-assassinate-Nixon-sabotaged-Watergate-break-didnt-want-Vietnam-war-end-says-explosive-new-book.html)

CIA and military Joint Chiefs infiltrated the White House and spied on Nixon, the late former president's longtime confidant Roger Stone writes
The agencies wanted room to run in Vietnam but Nixon turned dovish and began a troop withdrawal after his stunning White House victory in 1968
Two separate plans were drawn up to kill him
One, quickly dismissed, was a plot to fire a missile at Nixon's vacation compound in Key Biscayne, Florida
The other involved a staged gunfight at an anti-Vietnam War convention where Nixon was to speak, with an assassin shooting him in the chaos
The CIA obtained a gun and hired an assassin, but he refused to proceed when he found out who his target was

(Daily Mail) - The CIA plotted twice to assassinate President Richard Nixon during the years before the Watergate scandal because the agency was angered when 'Tricky Dick' turned dovish and began to withdraw troops from Vietnam, according to an explosive book from a longtime Nixon confidant due for release on Monday.

One hit was planned to occur at Nixon's Key Biscayne, Florida vacation house. A second plot to kill him was to culminate during a Miami speech in 1972.

When both plots failed, writes best-selling author Roger Stone in 'Nixon's Secrets: The Rise, Fall and Untold Truth about the President, Watergate, and the Pardon,' the CIA settled for driving Nixon out of office by sabotaging the Watergate break-in.

'I first learned about this from Howard Liebengood,' Stone told MailOnline on Wednesday, referring to the Republicans' minority counsel to the Senate Watergate Committee in the 1970s.

'The president was supposed to be assassinated,' he quotes Liebengood saying in his book. 'The first place he was supposed to be assassinated at was in Key Biscayne, the second place was when he was supposed to give a speech at the time of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War [VVAW] convention in Miami Beach 1972.'

'Veteran CIA assassin Edwin Kaiser was to supply the weapons to assassinate Nixon with.'

Roger Stone, former staffer in the Nixon White House, alleges in a new book that the CIA hatched two plots to assassinate Nixon and, when those failed, conspired to sabotage the Watergate break-in as a means of bringing Nixon down due to his dovish inclinations towards the war in Vietnam.

Due to the explosive nature of these allegations, they should naturally be viewed with some skepticism. That said, intellectual curiosity demands that we at least consider the possibility and examine the evidence in an objective manner, though I doubt that will be allowed to happen because the American zeitgeist is such that any allegations of a government conspiracy are automatically dismissed.

For my part, I wouldn't put anything past the CIA, especially political assassinations, domestic or otherwise. They have a long and well-established history of morally and legally dubious activities, so why should it be any surprise that they would engage in such activities right here in America?

PolWatch
08-09-2014, 03:07 PM
I keep waiting for more information on Bebe Rebozo...Nixon's best friend. Rebozo was always a shadowy character...

Paperback Writer
08-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Blast you! I'm supposed to be getting ready.

There is ample evidence collected by our own intelligence agencies about yours (and I'm sure this goes both ways) that leans towards a very rogue, out of control agency which operates independently from the leadership of government. Due to how information is classified and the very loose standards for what constitutes national security, no one will ever truly be able to expose their corruption.

Blackrook
08-09-2014, 03:15 PM
I doubt it.

Paperback Writer
08-09-2014, 03:21 PM
I doubt it.

Yes, but that's cos you're a bit thick. :(

The Sage of Main Street
08-09-2014, 03:59 PM
I keep waiting for more information on Bebe Rebozo...Nixon's best friend. Rebozo was always a shadowy character... So is this clown, Roger Stone. Why believe anyone who would Stick With Tricky Dick?

Mini Me
08-09-2014, 09:39 PM
I read Stone's other book, "The Man who killed Kennedy; The case against LBJ" . Very good book! Another great book is;
"Double Crossed" by Sam Giancana, Jr. Exposes the truth behind the Kennedy Bros. assassinations, and mob influence.

Nixon said: "The difference between LBJ and me is; I would not kill to become president, but Lyndon would"

I worked for one of Nixon's campaign managers back in '71, when he managed a hotel I was maintenance head at in Mammoth Lakes, CA. He hailed from S. Cal. and told me tales of how child smut peddlers were after his sons. He quit, and offered me the job of managing the hotel, the most exclusive one in town. Can't remember his name, dammit!

The CIA is behind the shadow government, and has been ever since Allen Dulles ran it. I can't say anymore!

Mini Me
08-09-2014, 09:45 PM
So is this clown, Roger Stone. Why believe anyone who would Stick With Tricky Dick?

Well, because he had the inside scoop on all the shenanigans of the Nixon regime, and lived within the belly of the beast as his career.

It has been mentioned that E.Howard Hunt was at the grassy knoll in Dallas that day, along with another shooter! Hunt was one of the DNC headquarters burglars, and the notorious whack job, G.Gordon Liddy.

Mini Me
08-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Yes, but that's cos you're a bit thick. :(

"Thick as a Brick" Jethro Dull:rolleyes20:

Mini Me
08-09-2014, 09:54 PM
I keep waiting for more information on Bebe Rebozo...Nixon's best friend. Rebozo was always a shadowy character...

Bebe was the best of Nixon's bozos. He was "the fixer" of dirty deeds and dirty money, and of course, the AG John Mitchell could overlook any crimes of Dick's henchmen.

PolWatch
08-09-2014, 10:00 PM
There were questions about the exact nature of Rebozo & Nixon's relationship. Rebozo's wife said something about in order of his affections, BeBe loved money, Nixon, his cat, and then her (the wife)...but I think they were going through a divorce so that might be a tad biased.

Peter1469
08-09-2014, 10:08 PM
That is strange. The break ins were with CIA guys.

del
08-09-2014, 10:09 PM
and cubans, iirc

Alyosha
08-10-2014, 09:21 AM
Well, because he had the inside scoop on all the shenanigans of the Nixon regime, and lived within the belly of the beast as his career.

It has been mentioned that E.Howard Hunt was at the grassy knoll in Dallas that day, along with another shooter! Hunt was one of the DNC headquarters burglars, and the notorious whack job, G.Gordon Liddy.
Dr. Strangelove

Hunt also confessed on his deathbed.

Alyosha
08-10-2014, 09:23 AM
We were listening to the Nixon tapes the other day...crazy shit!

PolWatch
08-10-2014, 09:25 AM
We were listening to the Nixon tapes the other day...crazy shit!

Nixon & Watergate destroyed any illusions I had about politicians (prob a good thing)

Alyosha
08-10-2014, 09:27 AM
Nixon & Watergate destroyed any illusions I had about politicians (prob a good thing)

Yes, as, well from the tapes you also realize it wasn't just him since you heard other politicians on it too. You also realize how evil Kissinger was, and who really runs things (CIA)

The Sage of Main Street
08-10-2014, 09:27 AM
I read Stone's other book, "The Man who killed Kennedy; The case against LBJ" . Very good book! Another great book is;
"Double Crossed" by Sam Giancana, Jr. Exposes the truth behind the Kennedy Bros. assassinations, and mob influence.

Nixon said: "The difference between LBJ and me is; I would not kill to become president, but Lyndon would"

I worked for one of Nixon's campaign managers back in '71, when he managed a hotel I was maintenance head at in Mammoth Lakes, CA. He hailed from S. Cal. and told me tales of how child smut peddlers were after his sons. He quit, and offered me the job of managing the hotel, the most exclusive one in town. Can't remember his name, dammit!

The CIA is behind the shadow government, and has been ever since Allen Dulles ran it. I can't say anymore! Because Americans are forbidden from believing any opinion that is not financed, I can say that a deal was made so that the Soviet Union would be willing to lose face and back down in the Cuban Missile Crisis if the CIA arranged the assassinations of JFK and Bobby Kennedy. Americans need to believe in heroic Preppies.

Alyosha
08-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Because Americans are forbidden from believing any opinion that is not financed, I can say that a deal was made so that the Soviet Union would be willing to lose face and back down in the Cuban Missile Crisis if the CIA arranged the assassinations of JFK and Bobby Kennedy. Americans need to believe in heroic Preppies.

There are FOIA documents supporting it. Sheesh read first, criticize later.

PolWatch
08-10-2014, 09:31 AM
Yes, as, well from the tapes you also realize it wasn't just him since you heard other politicians on it too. You also realize how evil Kissinger was, and who really runs things (CIA)

yeap...every time I read someone complaining about obama & using the IRS as a political weapon, I wonder if anyone has listened to Nixon wanting to fire the head of the IRS then for not targeting over 400 of his political enemies. Dirty politics has been around a long time. I'm amazed that some people are just now figuring that out.

Alyosha
08-10-2014, 09:37 AM
yeap...every time I read someone complaining about obama & using the IRS as a political weapon, I wonder if anyone has listened to Nixon wanting to fire the head of the IRS then for not targeting over 400 of his political enemies. Dirty politics has been around a long time. I'm amazed that some people are just now figuring that out.

I think that people think Watergate changed things. Instead they just got smarter about it, and more defiant. What fool believes Lerner's hard drive shit the bed? No one, but they are so powerful now with all the concessions from the Patriot Act, NDAA and other EOs that they can't be challenged.

Matty
08-10-2014, 09:44 AM
Nixon lost his job. Obama is still sitting there. So yes, we gonna complain.

Alyosha
08-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Nixon lost his job. Obama is still sitting there. So yes, we gonna complain.

He is sitting there because the Republicans are either too sauced to stupid to use strategy and pick the winnable battles. Benghazi was not it. Fast and Furious, NSA spying, and the IRS scandals are. Benghazi hearings never asked the fundamental questions, why were they there and what was the mission?

knowing those things explains why help was not sent immediately.

pick something with teeth and then go.

Matty
08-10-2014, 09:56 AM
He is sitting there because the Republicans are either too sauced to stupid to use strategy and pick the winnable battles. Benghazi was not it. Fast and Furious, NSA spying, and the IRS scandals are. Benghazi hearings never asked the fundamental questions, why were they there and what was the mission?

The Republicans have battled over the IRS, also over Fast and Furious. Remember? Obama sealed the records, the IRS battle is still being fought. Obama. The scum

Alyosha
08-10-2014, 09:58 AM
The Republicans have battled over the IRS, also over Fast and Furious. Remember? Obama sealed the records, the IRS battle is still being fought. Obama. The scum

They can take it over his head like Rand is doing. They're just lazy.

Peter1469
08-10-2014, 11:11 AM

The House investigation covered up the mission.

Mini Me
08-10-2014, 07:10 PM
Because Americans are forbidden from believing any opinion that is not financed, I can say that a deal was made so that the Soviet Union would be willing to lose face and back down in the Cuban Missile Crisis if the CIA arranged the assassinations of JFK and Bobby Kennedy. Americans need to believe in heroic Preppies.

Quote your source!

The Sage of Main Street
08-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Quote your source! The only links we are allowed to use form parts of a chain.

Captain Obvious
08-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Quote your source!

*click*

Mini Me
08-11-2014, 02:19 PM
The only links we are allowed to use form parts of a chain.

The chain is only as strong as its weakest link. So it looks like your chain is broken.

Your conspiracy theory just doesn't compute about JFK!

Facts are pesky things, aren't they?

The Sage of Main Street
08-12-2014, 12:22 PM

Facts are pesky things, aren't they? It depends on the well-financed reputation of whoever makes up the "facts." But these facts are undeniable: JFK and Bobby sacrificed; Russians cut and run from Cuba. Khruschev deposed, our missiles taken out of Turkey, as close to them as Cuba is to us. Next place where preppy punks JFK and Bobby can act like tough guys: Vietnam.

CreepyOldDude
08-12-2014, 12:35 PM
How would Liebengood know Nixon was supposed to be assassinated. How would he know when and where Nixon was supposed to be assassinated? How likely is it that the CIA couldn't find even a single decent sniper?

Alyosha
08-12-2014, 12:58 PM
The chain is only as strong as its weakest link. So it looks like your chain is broken.

Facts are pesky things, aren't they?
Dr. Strangelove

sage doesn't believe in facts.