PDA

View Full Version : Obama adjusts Iraq narrative, now blames Bush for troop withdrawal

Professor Peabody
08-13-2014, 05:19 AM
Obama adjusts Iraq narrative, now blames Bush for troop withdrawal

U.S. military airstrikes against Islamic State prompt revisionist history

By Ben Wolfgang - The Washington Times - Monday, August 11, 2014

The president who spent years touting the withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Iraq suddenly has had to distance himself from that action.

At the White House on Saturday morning — less than 48 hours after authorizing airstrikes against Islamist militants and humanitarian air drops to save the lives of trapped Iraqi civilians — President Obama blamed his predecessor, George W. Bush, for the absence of American troops in Iraq and rejected the assertion that he could have left a small peacekeeping force in the war-torn nation.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/11/obama-adjusts-iraq-narrative-now-blames-george-w-b/

Ya gotta love this guy, always blaming someone else for his screw ups. I can see why Hillary Clinton calls his "foreign policy plans" stupid. With that being said, she went along with all of them as Secretary of State, including the "video caused the Benghazi" attack. So, is she a leader or a follower no matter what? Obama is a lame duck President, who after Jan 1st will likely be facing an all Republican controlled congress. Just call him a Capon. However, we can't let Hillary re-write her history as Secretary of State if she foolishly decides to run for President in 2016. While she has the Clinton name, she's no Bill in a brassiere. She looks to me like a follower rather than a leader, we've already had one of those with Obama why would we want another of them?

Green Arrow
08-13-2014, 05:24 AM
Well, he actually isn 't wrong, the withdrawal timeline was established by President Bush and Congress, but he's wrong in that he took sole credit for it in 2011 and is only just now bringing up the fact that it was President Bush's timeline so he can cover his own ass.

Chris
08-13-2014, 05:57 AM
When you haven't acted presidential you need to blame someone else.

Matty
08-13-2014, 06:25 AM
Ya gotta love this guy, always blaming someone else for his screw ups. I can see why Hillary Clinton calls his "foreign policy plans" stupid. With that being said, she went along with all of them as Secretary of State, including the "video caused the Benghazi" attack. So, is she a leader or a follower no matter what? Obama is a lame duck President, who after Jan 1st will likely be facing an all Republican controlled congress. Just call him a Capon. However, we can't let Hillary re-write her history as Secretary of State if she foolishly decides to run for President in 2016. While she has the Clinton name, she's no Bill in a brassiere. She looks to me like a follower rather than a leader, we've already had one of those with Obama why would we want another of them?

I don't think he's playing with a full deck!

Libhater
08-13-2014, 06:35 AM
I don't think he's playing with a full deck!

I think he jumped off the deck a long time ago, and he wasn't wearing a life preserver.

Mainecoons
08-13-2014, 07:12 AM
Correct me if I'm incorrect but I believe the withdrawal size and timetable was negotiated with the new Iraqi government that was pushing to get the U.S. out. As I recall it, the Bush administration wanted to leave more troops and firepower there than the Iraqis did.

Green Arrow
08-13-2014, 07:24 AM
Correct me if I'm incorrect but I believe the withdrawal size and timetable was negotiated with the new Iraqi government that was pushing to get the U.S. out. As I recall it, the Bush administration wanted to leave more troops and firepower there than the Iraqis did.

President Bush wanted to leave a small "peacekeeping" force when Congress tried to pass the withdrawal timetable, but the ultimate agreement he made with the Iraqi government was to be 100% out of there by December 31, 2011. We were completely out of there by December 18, 2011.

Mainecoons
08-13-2014, 08:08 AM
That's correct. What everyone is forgetting is that this is what the Iraqis wanted.

Mainecoons
08-13-2014, 08:11 AM
What makes this turn of events even more improbable is that Bush initially intended the agreement to do precisely the opposite: to lock the next president into staying in Iraq indefinitely. But back in 2008, Iraqi government officials -- fed up with a seemingly endless U.S. occupation and emboldened by candidate Obama's vow to withdraw most combat troops within 16 months -- insisted on setting a deadline for departure.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/26/obama-iraq_n_1032507.html

Cigar
08-13-2014, 08:29 AM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/140812-mccain-blasts-obama-on-iraq.jpg

McCain Calls Obama's 'Pinprick' Iraq Strikes 'Meaningless' and 'Almost Worse Than Nothing' (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/08/mccain-calls-obama-s-pinprick-iraq-strikes-meaningless-and-worse-than-nothing.html)

Alyosha
08-13-2014, 08:31 AM
Well, he actually isn 't wrong, the withdrawal timeline was established by President Bush and Congress, but he's wrong in that he took sole credit for it in 2011 and is only just now bringing up the fact that it was President Bush's timeline so he can cover his own ass.

Yep. When Cigar and Jillian would say he got us out, I would point out the time table. Can't have it both ways.

Cigar
08-13-2014, 08:39 AM
Anyone who thinks The US ever completely withdrew from a War is uneducated on US Military History.

Alyosha
08-13-2014, 08:41 AM
Anyone who thinks The US ever completely withdrew from a War is uneducated on US Military History.

Who thinks that?

Cigar
08-13-2014, 08:44 AM
Who thinks that?

You'd be surprised ... or not

Alyosha
08-13-2014, 08:46 AM
You'd be surprised ... or not

We live in perpetual war. The president doesn't run the country, Langley does.

Ransom
08-13-2014, 09:34 AM

Whose timeline was it....Isolationist? Let us all try to be accurate now. Bush resisted a withdrawl date until tha cows came home. Insisting the correct way and when to withdraw from Iraq would be dicated by events on the ground. Bush finally relented, a dramatic shift for Bush who for years condemned any talk of timetables for withdrawal. In 2008...after the elections in the US where Obama was elected, pressure from Congress via a war-weary public, and from the Iraqis themselves forced Bush's hand, he agreed in his last months in office to a SOFA. Let's try to be accurate, Members. Here is two links you may want to read...to educate yourself.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2008/07/18/44720/for-first-time-bush-agrees-to.html
http://fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/R40011.pdf

Cigar
08-13-2014, 09:37 AM
We live in perpetual war. The president doesn't run the country, Langley does.

If Obama pulls the Troops, it's called Cut-n-Run from the War Hawks

If he stays, then it's called perpetual war.

Chris
08-13-2014, 09:39 AM
Yep. When Cigar and Jillian would say he got us out, I would point out the time table. Can't have it both ways.

Obama, and cigar, certainly can and will.

Green Arrow
08-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Whose timeline was it....Isolationist? Let us all try to be accurate now. Bush resisted a withdrawl date until tha cows came home. Insisting the correct way and when to withdraw from Iraq would be dicated by events on the ground. Bush finally relented, a dramatic shift for Bush who for years condemned any talk of timetables for withdrawal. In 2008...after the elections in the US where Obama was elected, pressure from Congress via a war-weary public, and from the Iraqis themselves forced Bush's hand, he agreed in his last months in office to a SOFA. Let's try to be accurate, Members. Here is two links you may want to read...to educate yourself.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2008/07/18/44720/for-first-time-bush-agrees-to.html
http://fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/R40011.pdf

Bush set the timeline. You can make whatever excuses for him you want to, he still made the timetable. Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

The Sage of Main Street
08-13-2014, 02:55 PM
I can see why Hillary Clinton calls his "foreign policy plans" stupid. With that being said, she went along with all of them as Secretary of State, including the "video caused the Benghazi" attack. So, is she a leader or a follower no matter what? . However, we can't let Hillary re-write her history as Secretary of State if she foolishly decides to run for President in 2016. While she has the Clinton name, she's no Bill in a brassiere. She looks to me like a follower rather than a leader, we've already had one of those with Obama why would we want another of them?
In her latest makeover, Over the Hillary has become a Neo-Con Democrat. She can mix-and-match her pantsuits all she wants, she's still a bag of old rags.

Mainecoons
08-13-2014, 03:24 PM
Bush set the timeline. You can make whatever excuses for him you want to, he still made the timetable. Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

Incorrect.

Once again, different source:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/19/world/middleeast/19iraq.html?pagewanted=all

Mr. Bush, who has long derided timetables for troop withdrawals as dangerous, agreed to at least a notional one as part of the administration’s efforts to negotiate the terms for an American military presence in Iraq after a United Nations (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/organizations/u/united_nations/index.html?inline=nyt-org)mandate expires at the end of the year.The agreement, announced in coordinated statements released Friday by the White House and Prime MinisterNuri Kamal al-Maliki (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/m/nuri_kamal_al-maliki/index.html?inline=nyt-per)’s government, reflected a significant shift in the war in Iraq. More than five years after the conflict began with the overthrow of Saddam Hussein (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/h/saddam_hussein/index.html?inline=nyt-per), the American military presence now depends significantly, if not completely, on Iraqi acquiescence.

The Iraqis wanted us out. Period! Bush was pushed into agreeing to a timeline.

Professor Peabody
08-13-2014, 03:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX1gdpEFAzg

Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

Green Arrow
08-13-2014, 04:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX1gdpEFAzg

Whatever happened to personal responsibility?

I already said he is just as culpable for spending three years telling us all it was his idea.

Green Arrow
08-13-2014, 04:46 PM
Incorrect.

Once again, different source:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/19/world/middleeast/19iraq.html?pagewanted=all

The Iraqis wanted us out. Period! Bush was pushed into agreeing to a timeline.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

And Bush agreed to it, did he not?

Green Arrow
08-13-2014, 04:57 PM
By the way, y'all rightists need to not be so defensive. I am using the same argument as the Democrats, but with a twist. I agree with President Bush's timeline, I think it should have been earlier. So really, my criticism is 100% Obama in this for being feckless.

Mainecoons
08-13-2014, 06:15 PM
And Bush agreed to it, did he not?

What else could he do? It was their country.

donttread
08-13-2014, 06:25 PM

Don't worry there is plenty of blame for everyone associated with Bushbama

Peter1469
08-13-2014, 06:46 PM
Bush had gotten previous status of force agreements to keep US troops under US law, not subject to Iraqi law. Obama didn't try. That is how he got us down to "zero."

BTW, we were never down to zero..... I suspect there really was a very limited deal.

Green Arrow
08-13-2014, 08:09 PM
What else could he do? It was their country.

Well, he could be the leader of the most powerful nation on the planet and also the occupying masters of that nation, but that's beside the point. I already said setting a withdrawal time table was the right choice.

Redrose
08-13-2014, 08:14 PM

Every syllable out of his mouth is a lie. He is inherently unable to tell the truth or accept blame for anything. You don't get any lower than him.

Professor Peabody
08-14-2014, 01:44 AM
By the way, y'all rightists need to not be so defensive. I am using the same argument as the Democrats, but with a twist. I agree with President Bush's timeline, I think it should have been earlier. So really, my criticism is 100% Obama in this for being feckless.

So are you calling Obama a liar?

Green Arrow
08-14-2014, 01:54 AM

Pretty sure that's been clear from the beginning. What's with the dumb questions?

Ransom
08-14-2014, 04:48 AM

You're belief, like any Democrats...you being one of the flaming leftists...think it should have been earlier based on political motives rather than the realities in Iraq or advice from your leading military commanders. So, your criticism here based on politics, so was Obama's, you're both feckless.

Green Arrow
08-14-2014, 05:51 AM
You're belief, like any Democrats...you being one of the flaming leftists...think it should have been earlier based on political motives rather than the realities in Iraq or advice from your leading military commanders. So, your criticism here based on politics, so was Obama's, you're both feckless.

I think it's cute that you think I care.

Ransom
08-14-2014, 06:11 AM
Again: If you cared, you wouldn't make it political. Your thoughts that the timeline should have been earlier is a political calculation, not a military or reality on the ground in Iraq calculation. Thus you're identical to Obama here rather than 100% against. You keep throwing it out here, I'll inform the threads what you really meant.

donttread
08-14-2014, 06:37 AM
Are some of you actually holding one of the "two major parties" blameless for the disasterous foreign policy of the past 14 years? That's like blaming Bonnie or Clde

Chris
08-14-2014, 06:44 AM

That assumes the competency to lie. He's shown himself incompetent at everything else.

Ransom
08-14-2014, 07:51 AM
Are some of you actually holding one of the "two major parties" blameless for the disasterous foreign policy of the past 14 years? That's like blaming Bonnie or Clde

But but but.....Foreign policy...and realities of the last 14 years some members here are wholesale ignorant on...they're f'n media sheep. In Ransom's defense, I'm just trying to help some of our more absolutely f'n ignorant members of this forum out. Let's focus less on blame and more on actually explaining to many observers what's actually happened, give it some historical perspective, not be hysterical nor wholesale f'n ignorant....maybe even do some f'n homework before some of us chortle off and sound silly.

How does that sound?

Peter1469
08-14-2014, 07:57 AM
But but but.....Foreign policy...and realities of the last 14 years some members here are wholesale ignorant on...they're f'n media sheep. In Ransom's defense, I'm just trying to help some of our more absolutely f'n ignorant members of this forum out. Let's focus less on blame and more on actually explaining to many observers what's actually happened, give it some historical perspective, not be hysterical nor wholesale f'n ignorant....maybe even do some f'n homework before some of us chortle off and sound silly.

How does that sound? Incoherent.

Professor Peabody
08-14-2014, 10:06 AM

House Passes Iraq Pullout Timetable

By Jonathan Weisman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, April 26, 2007

The House last night brushed aside weeks of angry White House rhetoric and veto threats to narrowly approve a $124 billion war spending bill that requires troop withdrawal from Iraq to begin by Oct. 1, with a goal of ending U.S. combat operations there by next March.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/25/AR2007042500273.html

Senate Passes Bill Seeking Iraq Exit; Veto Is Expected

By CARL HULSE
Published: April 27, 2007

WASHINGTON, April 26 — The Senate on Thursday sent President Bush a $124 billion war spending measure that he has promised to veto, forcing Democrats to begin confronting the difficult question of what to do after the president acts.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/27/washington/27cong.html?fta=y&_r=0

We can see it was all Bush's idea for the timeline. Re-write history much?

del
08-14-2014, 10:10 AM

How does that sound?

stupid, so i know it's authentic and not some russian who hacked your account

Ransom
08-14-2014, 10:54 AM
Speakin of chortlin off and sounding silly, what up, del?

Ransom
08-14-2014, 10:55 AM
Incoherent.

I'll get to you Junior, don't get buttsore.

The Sage of Main Street
08-14-2014, 11:08 AM
Obomber has maimed ISIS enough that the weak Kurds were able to take back two of their towns. He also rescued the refugees. The GOPers are so humiliated and infuriated at being shown up by a community organizer that they are popping oxycodone like jelly beans.

Peter1469
08-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Obomber has maimed ISIS enough that the weak Kurds were able to take back two of their towns. He also rescued the refugees. The GOPers are so humiliated and infuriated at being shown up by a community organizer that they are popping oxycodone like jelly beans.

Oh!

Green Arrow
08-14-2014, 01:05 PM
We can see it was all Bush's idea for the timeline. Re-write history much?

Rewrite what I said much? I never said it was all Bush's fault. When I originally brought it up, I said Congress passed a time table, Bush vetoed it, then acquiesced to demands by the Iraqis and set the time table they requested.

Bob
08-14-2014, 01:27 PM

The withdrawal of U.S. military forces from Iraq began in June 2009 and was completed by December 2011, bringing an end to the Iraq War (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War).
The withdrawal of U.S. military forces (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Forces_%E2%80%93_Iraq) from Iraq (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq) was a contentious issue in the United States for much of the 2000s. As the war progressed from its initial invasion phase in 2003 to a nearly decade-long occupation, American public opinion shifted towards favoring a troop withdrawal; in May 2007, 55% of Americans believed that the Iraq War (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War) was a mistake, and 51% of registered voters favored troop withdrawal.[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-8) In late April 2007 Congress (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Congress)passed a supplementary spending bill for Iraq that set a deadline for troop withdrawal but President Bush (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush) vetoed this bill, citing his concerns about setting a withdrawal deadline.[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-9)[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-10)[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-11) The Bush Administration later sought an agreement with the Iraqi government, and in 2008 George W. Bush (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush) signed the U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S.%E2%80%93Iraq_Status_of_Forces_Agreement). It included a deadline of 31 December 2011, before which "all the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory".[12] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-President_Bush_Whitehouse_Website-12)[13] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-U.S._Department_of_State-13)[14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-14) The last U.S. troops left Iraq on 18 December 2011, in accordance with this agreement.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-heraldsun.com.au-1)[13] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-U.S._Department_of_State-13)[12] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-President_Bush_Whitehouse_Website-12) US Forces ultimately returned to Iraq in the summer of 2014 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_American_intervention_in_Iraq).

Bob
08-14-2014, 01:29 PM
Rewrite what I said much? I never said it was all Bush's fault. When I originally brought it up, I said Congress passed a time table, Bush vetoed it, then acquiesced to demands by the Iraqis and set the time table they requested.

And each time Obama bragged it was OBAMA that ended the war, you tore into Obama like a good trooper????? Green Arrow

Green Arrow
08-14-2014, 01:42 PM
And each time Obama bragged it was OBAMA that ended the war, you tore into Obama like a good trooper????? @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868)

Nope, only did it once because I'm not obsessive and he has a LOT of problems to complain about. This one is fairly minor. Taking credit for someone else's work is nothing compared to thuggish tactics and suicidal immigration policies.

Green Arrow
08-14-2014, 01:43 PM
The withdrawal of U.S. military forces from Iraq began in June 2009 and was completed by December 2011, bringing an end to the Iraq War (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War).
The withdrawal of U.S. military forces (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Forces_%E2%80%93_Iraq) from Iraq (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq) was a contentious issue in the United States for much of the 2000s. As the war progressed from its initial invasion phase in 2003 to a nearly decade-long occupation, American public opinion shifted towards favoring a troop withdrawal; in May 2007, 55% of Americans believed that the Iraq War (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_War) was a mistake, and 51% of registered voters favored troop withdrawal.[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-8) In late April 2007 Congress (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Congress)passed a supplementary spending bill for Iraq that set a deadline for troop withdrawal but President Bush (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush) vetoed this bill, citing his concerns about setting a withdrawal deadline.[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-9)[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-10)[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-11) The Bush Administration later sought an agreement with the Iraqi government, and in 2008 George W. Bush (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush) signed the U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S.%E2%80%93Iraq_Status_of_Forces_Agreement). It included a deadline of 31 December 2011, before which "all the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory".[12] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-President_Bush_Whitehouse_Website-12)[13] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-U.S._Department_of_State-13)[14] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-14) The last U.S. troops left Iraq on 18 December 2011, in accordance with this agreement.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-heraldsun.com.au-1)[13] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-U.S._Department_of_State-13)[12] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq#cite_note-President_Bush_Whitehouse_Website-12) US Forces ultimately returned to Iraq in the summer of 2014 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_American_intervention_in_Iraq).

Was your intent with this post to agree with me?

donttread
08-14-2014, 02:44 PM

How does that sound?

OK, all of our interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan have failed in their stated purpose. Either your federal government is Barney Fife level incompetent. Like not being able to read an 8th grade history book incompetent OR THE FUCKERS LIED ABOUT WHAT THEIR REAL INTENTIONS WERE AND ARE. Will that suffice for historical perspective?

Ransom
08-14-2014, 04:03 PM
OK, all of our interventions in Iraq and Afghanistan have failed in their stated purpose. Either your federal government is Barney Fife level incompetent. Like not being able to read an 8th grade history book incompetent OR THE FUCKERS LIED ABOUT WHAT THEIR REAL INTENTIONS WERE AND ARE. Will that suffice for historical perspective?

Our orignial intervention in 1991 was to remove Saddam Hussein from Kuwait...and we succeeded. Our goal in 2003 was to remove Saddam Hussein in power and leave Iraq with a freely elected government...and we did that. Our goal is Afghanistan was to remove the Taliban from being the governing power...and to destroy al-Qaeda as it was known then...and we did that. Our goal was to educate our youth, get students like you educated and actually at a level you can discuss events factually without the media leading you astray....and we faile miserable at that, you're proof of that.

donttread
08-14-2014, 05:06 PM
Our orignial intervention in 1991 was to remove Saddam Hussein from Kuwait...and we succeeded. Our goal in 2003 was to remove Saddam Hussein in power and leave Iraq with a freely elected government...and we did that. Our goal is Afghanistan was to remove the Taliban from being the governing power...and to destroy al-Qaeda as it was known then...and we did that. Our goal was to educate our youth, get students like you educated and actually at a level you can discuss events factually without the media leading you astray....and we faile miserable at that, you're proof of that.

Somebody tore some pages out of your history book. Like the ones where Saddam was a US flunkie , and the part where the Tailban were in power only because we had to play war games with Russia in the 80's. Or the part where Iraq could never last as "democracy". Or the current script where we are bombing our own guns, again

donttread
08-14-2014, 05:06 PM

Schooled MY ASS!

The Sage of Main Street
08-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Oh! If y u say s , Big Sh t. L L!

The Sage of Main Street
08-15-2014, 12:11 PM
Our orignial intervention in 1991 was to remove Saddam Hussein from Kuwait...and we succeeded. Our goal in 2003 was to remove Saddam Hussein in power and leave Iraq with a freely elected government...and we did that. Our goal is Afghanistan was to remove the Taliban from being the governing power...and to destroy al-Qaeda as it was known then...and we did that. Our goal was to educate our youth, get students like you educated and actually at a level you can discuss events factually without the media leading you astray....and we faile miserable at that, you're proof of that. Referring to "our" violates the Trickledowners' goal of Weewee on the People. Petrocrat Bush, Sr.'s goal was to prevent Saddam from flooding OPEC's controlled market with oil and driving down "our" oil companies' profit margins. He succeeded, but then the Abominable Clinton let Saddam overproduce again violating the sanctions' quotas. So Bush, Jr. had to get rid of Saddam once and for all. Gasoline has been selling at $3 a gallon ever since, the Piratical Petrocrats' are wallowing in loot, so that goal was finally achieved. Hurray, Junior! Go, Yale, go!

As for LaughGrannyScanned, Junior purposely let Al Qaida get away so he could use that evil presence to intimidate Americans until the Abominable Obama jumped the shark and killed Osama. No more Happy Days. Back with the Muslim mountain monkeys, Junior settled for a cheap, showy, and temporary victory over the Tail Bunnies and raked in billions of borrowed dollars for the nation-building corporations.

donttread
08-16-2014, 08:04 AM
Yes, but that was not the stated purpose to the American people

The Sage of Main Street
08-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Yes, but that was not the stated purpose to the American people The snob rulers think that we people are a brainless feral mob. So stating anything to us would be "statist."

donttread
08-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Only as long as we keep proving them right

Ransom
08-17-2014, 06:51 AM

:tumbleweed:=donttread watching historical perspective go by

Ransom
08-17-2014, 06:53 AM
Schooled MY ASS!

Ignorance gets schooled here, don't take it personal and get all snotty.

Ransom
08-17-2014, 07:00 AM
Referring to "our" violates the Trickledowners' goal of Weewee on the People. Petrocrat Bush, Sr.'s goal was to prevent Saddam from flooding OPEC's controlled market with oil and driving down "our" oil companies' profit margins. He succeeded, but then the Abominable Clinton let Saddam overproduce again violating the sanctions' quotas. So Bush, Jr. had to get rid of Saddam once and for all. Gasoline has been selling at $3 a gallon ever since, the Piratical Petrocrats' are wallowing in loot, so that goal was finally achieved. Hurray, Junior! Go, Yale, go!

As for LaughGrannyScanned, Junior purposely let Al Qaida get away so he could use that evil presence to intimidate Americans until the Abominable Obama jumped the shark and killed Osama. No more Happy Days. Back with the Muslim mountain monkeys, Junior settled for a cheap, showy, and temporary victory over the Tail Bunnies and raked in billions of borrowed dollars for the nation-building corporations.

Bush Sr acted after Hussein invaded and occupied Kuwait. And your humor focuses on the defense industry, those behind the curtains......who you now think includes this mental giant, Obama? But first things first......did Hussein invade Kuwait.....and then when asked nicely to leave.....refuse to do so? When you start discussing reality here, the fakes leave. You'll be gone soon, no one here really wants to discuss the Iraq Wars. You've been media fed and all fat and happy with ignorance, nothing will change that.

donttread
08-17-2014, 10:20 AM
Ignorance gets schooled here, don't take it personal and get all snotty.

The funny part is that you still think you're the one who did the schooling

The Sage of Main Street
08-25-2014, 10:34 AM
The snob rulers think that we people are a brainless feral mob. So stating anything to us would be "statist."

Only as long as we keep proving them right The plutocracy's overpowering brainwashing and intimidation manipulates us from cradle to grave. We don't prove anything about ourselves, because our potential intelligence and character never get a chance to develop.

texan
08-25-2014, 07:03 PM
Obama is completely wrong. I just posted last week his comments in the Romney debate. He takes full credit for getting the people out and not having anyone there for "the next 10 years." He wanted no "status of forces agreement," period!

Now he is spinning because he is just like every other dem that lies about the details of the war, like for one they authorized it before they didn't.

Private Pickle
08-25-2014, 07:14 PM
Obama is completely wrong. I just posted last week his comments in the Romney debate. He takes full credit for getting the people out and not having anyone there for "the next 10 years." He wanted no "status of forces agreement," period!

Now he is spinning because he is just like every other dem that lies about the details of the war, like for one they authorized it before they didn't.

We have to start the war before we know what war we are fighting!

Mainecoons
08-25-2014, 07:16 PM
I thought we were for the war before we were against it. It is hard for me to keep up with all these spinnings from Obama and Cigar. My aging brain just can't grasp it. :rofl: