PDA

View Full Version : Sign the Ultrasound informed Consent Act Petition

Libhater
08-14-2014, 01:14 PM
Watch and listen to the audio video of an ultrasound of a baby inside the womb to see that this petition to have pregnant women see an ultrasound before taking the easy and despicable way out by getting an abortion gets passed in state after state.

http://nationalprolifealliance.com/uicaa_petition.aspx?pid=0814b&npla=EH14

Adelaide
08-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Ridiculous, but what else should we expect.

Libhater
08-14-2014, 03:03 PM

Not quite sure of what you find to be ridiculous.

Ridiculous that 1.6 million babies are aborted per year?
Ridiculous that not one of these women who killed their unborn were given an ultrasound before the killing took place?
Ridiculous that some 90% of women who viewed an ultrasound before getting their scheduled abortion decided against killing their child?
Ridiculous that these planned parenthood abortion mills only encouraged women to kill their babies, and refused to show the pregnant woman an ultrasound?

Captain Obvious
08-14-2014, 03:04 PM

I'm about as anti-abortion as they get but I'm not sure I'm ready to jump on this bandwagon.

Libhater
08-14-2014, 03:10 PM
I'm about as anti-abortion as they get but I'm not sure I'm ready to jump on this bandwagon.

If there's anything I can do to persuade you to jump aboard GOD's bandwagon for life......you'll let me know, won't you? Oh how frightening it would be for the pregnant woman to watch an ultrasound of her baby-to-be. Its just criminal I tell you.

Captain Obvious
08-14-2014, 03:11 PM
If there's anything I can do to persuade you to jump aboard GOD's bandwagon for life......you'll let me know, won't you?

My religious views really don't play into my opposition to abortion which are mainly humanistic.

Libhater
08-14-2014, 03:13 PM

donttread
08-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Watch and listen to the audio video of an ultrasound of a baby inside the womb to see that this petition to have pregnant women see an ultrasound before taking the easy and despicable way out by getting an abortion gets passed in state after state.

Oh come on

Libhater
08-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Oh come on

Where we going?

donttread
08-14-2014, 07:22 PM
Where we going?

Apparently to 1972.

Libhater
08-14-2014, 09:03 PM
Apparently to 1972.

Yeah, if those pregnant women were given the beautiful chance to view their babies via the ultrasound back pre Roe v Wade daze, I doubt there would even be an abortion option today, and thus the saving of some 65+ million babies.

Blackrook
08-15-2014, 08:14 PM
There's no "undue burden" to a woman's right to abortion to show her an ultrasound prior to the operation. In all other medical procedures, we have the law of "informed consent." The surgeon is required to explain all the risks of an operation to the patient, even risks as slim as one in a million.

When my wife was giving birth, she was in pain and they asked us if we wanted an injection that would ease the pain. They explained the possible complications, which were practically microscopic, and we consented.

An abortionist should explain ALL the risks of an abortion, including the chances of future infertility, the possibility of psychological trauma and feelings of remorse, and increased chance of suicide.

http://americanpregnancy.org/unplannedpregnancy/possiblesideeffects.html

lynn
08-16-2014, 09:48 AM

This is already a law in Arizona. A friend of mine who became pregnant in her forties opted for a abortion and she showed me her ultrasound picture and that picture was clear enough to see that it was a baby growing and this was before 8 weeks into pregnancy.

Personally, I would not have had the abortion after seeing the ultrasound pictures.

Libhater
08-16-2014, 01:12 PM
Personally, I would not have had the abortion after seeing the ultrasound pictures.

Yeah, that is the point to stop these abortion prone women from making the biggest mistake of their lives. Just think of all the happy mothers there will be by first viewing the ultrasound, and second, giving birth to their precious babies, and third, knowing that by giving birth and not aborting their babies, that they will never have to worry about going into depression and paying huge $$ to psychiatrists to find out how to overcome their sadness and depression.

Chloe
08-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Yeah, that is the point to stop these abortion prone women from making the biggest mistake of their lives. Just think of all the happy mothers there will be by first viewing the ultrasound, and second, giving birth to their precious babies, and third, knowing that by giving birth and not aborting their babies, that they will never have to worry about going into depression and paying huge $$ to psychiatrists to find out how to overcome their sadness and depression.

On the other hand having the baby could actually do the exact same thing to that woman. You can't fully understand the circumstances of someone else's life by comparing it to your own or to your own thoughts. While you may not agree with someone else's decision and you may find their decision to be disgusting, abhorrent, or whatever else, it's not your decision to make and it's not your aftermath, whichever way it goes, to face.

Peter1469
08-16-2014, 01:43 PM
On the other hand having the baby could actually do the exact same thing to that woman. You can't fully understand the circumstances of someone else's life by comparing it to your own or to your own thoughts. While you may not agree with someone else's decision and you may find their decision to be disgusting, abhorrent, or whatever else, it's not your decision to make and it's not your aftermath, whichever way it goes, to face.You don't think that he is serious do you?

Libhater
08-16-2014, 01:51 PM
On the other hand having the baby could actually do the exact same thing to that woman. You can't fully understand the circumstances of someone else's life by comparing it to your own or to your own thoughts. While you may not agree with someone else's decision and you may find their decision to be disgusting, abhorrent, or whatever else, it's not your decision to make and it's not your aftermath, whichever way it goes, to face.

This isn't about someone else's decision to abort or not to abort as much as it is to give the woman a chance to see the life that is kicking inside her womb. What she decides to do after watching the ultrasound will in fact be left up to her discretion, of course. But to not give her that option to see her child-to-be would be a grave mistake not to mention a total disregard for her rights to begin with.

Chloe
08-16-2014, 01:53 PM
This isn't about someone else's decision to abort or not to abort as much as it is to give the woman a chance to see the life that is kicking inside her womb. What she decides to do after watching the ultrasound will in fact be left up to her discretion, of course. But to not give her that option to see her child-to-be would be a grave mistake not to mention a total disregard for her rights to begin with.

She knows what it is. Trying to guilt someone else into a decision that you would personally make is wrong.

PolWatch
08-16-2014, 01:59 PM
The few people I have known to decide on an abortion did so after a lot of thought, prayer & great anguish. I doubt if an ultrasound would have changed their decisions, but it certainly would have added more pain to an already painful decision. This isn't about informed consent, its about trying to make it as painful as possible for the women and men who have made that choice.

Libhater
08-16-2014, 02:13 PM
She knows what it is. Trying to guilt someone else into a decision that you would personally make is wrong.

You have this absurd habit of projecting what you think people believe. No one guilting anyone into doing something they don't want to do. But wouldn't it behoove the woman to first view her own ultrasound with the hope she follows through with the birth, then not to see it and carry out the abortion with the good chance of suffering clinical depression and guilt for the rest of her life?

Chloe
08-16-2014, 02:21 PM
You have this absurd habit of projecting what you think people believe. No one guilting anyone into doing something they don't want to do. But wouldn't it behoove the woman to first view her own ultrasound with the hope she follows through with the birth, then not to see it and carry out the abortion with the good chance of suffering clinical depression and guilt for the rest of her life?

No because the motivation for doing it is insincere in my opinion. She knows what is inside of her and she doesn't need someone else using influential tools to try and influence her decision. The act is in itself a tool for pushing an agenda onto someone else in hopes that they choose your side. She knows her situation better than anybody else does, and it is her choice to make. Guilting her and using emotional tools to make her second guess the best decision she could make is wrong. If she chooses to have the baby or if she chooses to have the abortion those choices should be made without someone else's agenda assisting.

Libhater
08-16-2014, 02:46 PM
No because the motivation for doing it is insincere in my opinion. She knows what is inside of her and she doesn't need someone else using influential tools to try and influence her decision. The act is in itself a tool for pushing an agenda onto someone else in hopes that they choose your side. She knows her situation better than anybody else does, and it is her choice to make. Guilting her and using emotional tools to make her second guess the best decision she could make is wrong. If she chooses to have the baby or if she chooses to have the abortion those choices should be made without someone else's agenda assisting.

You talk as if these decisions to view a harmless ultrasound is going to heaven forbid corrupt her into giving birth to a baby child. My GOD, how do you alternative secular-minded universe space aliens live with yourselves?

Chloe
08-16-2014, 03:15 PM
You talk as if these decisions to view a harmless ultrasound is going to heaven forbid corrupt her into giving birth to a baby child. My GOD, how do you alternative secular-minded universe space aliens live with yourselves?

It isn't harmless, it's a prop for trying to influence someone to see a certain point of view. If they ask to see the ultrasound then that's awesome, but if they don't then that's that.

1751_Texan
08-16-2014, 03:16 PM

There is a difference in having someone and forcing someone.

1751_Texan
08-16-2014, 03:19 PM

Giving up one's right to choose is harmless?

Libhater
08-16-2014, 03:50 PM
Giving up one's right to choose is harmless?

Who is talking about giving up someone's right to choose. They are merely talking about having the woman see an ultrasound of her baby. No one is forcing her to look at her child. She still has the right to murder her child thanks to the Roe v Wade decision.