PDA

View Full Version : Paulie ~ 'Demilitarize Police'

exotix
08-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Today

Rand Paul: We Must Demilitarize the Police

http://time.com/3111474/rand-paul-ferguson-police/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"Anyone who thinks race does not skew the application of criminal justice in this country is just not paying close enough attention," Sen. Rand Paul writes for TIME, amid violence in Ferguson, Mo. over the police shooting death of Michael Brown.

(read continues in link)

http://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/ferguson-police-2.jpg?w=1680

Captain Obvious
08-14-2014, 06:37 PM
lol - damage control.

Back to basics.

Green Arrow
08-14-2014, 06:42 PM
He's right, we do need to demilitarize the police.

Captain Obvious
08-14-2014, 06:45 PM
He's right, we do need to demilitarize the police.

You don't think he's pandering to his base at this point?

del
08-14-2014, 06:46 PM
a better question would be when is he not pandering to someone?

i'd like to see his time in the 50 yd dash, too.

Matty
08-14-2014, 06:48 PM
We need to strip the police to their undies and teach them to dodge bricks and Molotov cocktails.

Rand Paul will never be president.

Chris
08-14-2014, 06:54 PM

a better question would be when is he not pandering to someone?

i'd like to see his time in the 50 yd dash, too.

Why is pandering even a question when it comes to politicians?

The question is, or ought to be, is he right, do you agree with him? But that would require discussion of the issue.

Captain Obvious
08-14-2014, 06:55 PM

The question is, or ought to be, is he right, do you agree with him? But that would require discussion of the issue.

I'll ask my questions as I see fit, thank you.

Cigar
08-14-2014, 06:55 PM
This is all Surplus War equipment our Tax Dollars paid for, sold at a reduce price to Police Departments who like to play War Games

Notice ... you'll never see these guys pointing a gun at anyone pointing one back.

Chris
08-14-2014, 06:59 PM
I'll ask my questions as I see fit, thank you.

My question was rhetorical, cap.

Captain Obvious
08-14-2014, 07:02 PM

Of course...

del
08-14-2014, 07:05 PM

you misspelled pointless

Green Arrow
08-14-2014, 07:06 PM

I don't really care. Why can't we ever look past the person and recognize truth regardless of the source?

exotix
08-14-2014, 07:07 PM

Well, here, Paulie is gaining votes from the Bundy Ranch and take the country back tea party loons ... but losing votes from Paulies who believe his smuck about States Rights ... that is, those Ron Paulies who think a para-military presence is mandatory to keep in check all those *fleet-footed young bruthas*

LOL

"Young Black men are "unbelievably fleet of foot." Dr. Ron Paul confirmed this opinion by telling the newspaper.
"If you try to catch someone that has stolen a purse from you, there is no chance to catch them." http://thyblackman.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/RonPaulNightmare.jpg

Chris
08-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Well, here, Paulie is gaining votes from the Bundy Ranch and take the country back tea party loons ... but losing votes from Paulies who believe his smuck about States Rights ... that is, those Ron Paulies who think a para-military presence is mandatory to keep in check all those *fleet-footed young bruthas*

LOL

http://thyblackman.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/RonPaulNightmare.jpg

Were you trying to make some point?

Captain Obvious
08-14-2014, 07:17 PM
I don't really care. Why can't we ever look past the person and recognize truth regardless of the source?

You don't think potential disingenuouity is a considerable factor?

Green Arrow
08-14-2014, 08:10 PM
You don't think potential disingenuouity is a considerable factor?

I don't think it matters if the statement is true.

Captain Obvious
08-14-2014, 08:13 PM
I don't think it matters if the statement is true.

So then you didn't have a problem when Romney flip-flopped and took whatever position was popular regardless of his principles, as long as they were true?

Gotcha

Green Arrow
08-14-2014, 08:21 PM
So then you didn't have a problem when Romney flip-flopped and took whatever position was popular regardless of his principles, as long as they were true?

Gotcha

I didn't say that. Flip-flopping (aka lying) is bad and it shouldn't be done. It's two separate issues. I can say Romney or you can say Rand are flip-flopping liars, but when they say something right, we should also be able to point it out and say, "Flip-flopping liar or not, even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Source denigration is just laziness to avoid argument.

Captain Obvious
08-14-2014, 08:24 PM
I didn't say that. Flip-flopping (aka lying) is bad and it shouldn't be done. It's two separate issues. I can say Romney or you can say Rand are flip-flopping liars, but when they say something right, we should also be able to point it out and say, "Flip-flopping liar or not, even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Source denigration is just laziness to avoid argument.

How is flip-flopping lying?

I'm questioning the integrity of the candidate - Romney or Paul when they're pandering to popularity.

I was never a GW fan, a fairly harsh critic to be fair but one thing I admired about the guy, he stuck to his guns. Regardless of what popular opinion was.

I don't see these qualities in either of these candidates discussed.

Alyosha
08-14-2014, 08:40 PM
Rand Paul has been consistent on this one. He's said it for years. Sorry to disappoint the haters.

Green Arrow
08-14-2014, 08:41 PM
How is flip-flopping lying?

It's an untrue statement ("I believe..." or "I support..." not the position itself) for the purpose of deception.

I'm questioning the integrity of the candidate - Romney or Paul when they're pandering to popularity.

I was never a GW fan, a fairly harsh critic to be fair but one thing I admired about the guy, he stuck to his guns. Regardless of what popular opinion was.

I don't see these qualities in either of these candidates discussed.

That's fine, but all it does is leave the issue ignored.

Alyosha
08-14-2014, 08:52 PM
Can someone tell me when the last time they've heard any member of the Paul family say anything other than this? Like ever?

del and cap will probably say I flip flopped on police when I run for office and say they're out of control or that I'm pandering if they can say it about one of the Paul's. :rollseyes:

Green Arrow
08-14-2014, 09:16 PM
Can someone tell me when the last time they've heard any member of the Paul family say anything other than this? Like ever?

del and cap will probably say I flip flopped on police when I run for office and say they're out of control or that I'm pandering if they can say it about one of the Paul's. :rollseyes:

When? As in, it will happen? What office? I'll carpetbag just to vote for you :D

exotix
08-14-2014, 09:18 PM

Well I mean lets face it ... Paulies' 20 hour filibuster against an armed govt pretty much said the only people who need arms are tea party libertarians taking the country back.

Alyosha
08-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Well I mean lets face it ... Paulies' 20 hour filibuster against an armed govt pretty much said the only people who need arms are tea party libertarians taking the country back.

Because.... Fuck da police!

Peter1469
08-14-2014, 09:38 PM
Rand is correct.

exotix
08-14-2014, 09:46 PM
Rand is correct.
Explain please.