PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles and the vote

Peter1469
08-16-2014, 04:46 AM
Los Angeles and the vote (http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-panel-prizes-voters-20140814-story.html)

LA is considering having random cash prizes at polling places in order to turn out the vote. Only 23% of the people showed up for the last election for major. There could be several reasons for this- outcome certain; people don't believe in the system; people happy and content- don't care about politics; etc.

Alarmed that fewer than one-fourth of voters are showing up for municipal elections, the Los Angeles Ethics Commission voted Thursday to recommend that the City Council look at using cash prizes to lure a greater number of people to the polls.

Green Arrow
08-16-2014, 06:43 AM
It's California. Even there, people are waking up.

Professor Peabody
08-16-2014, 03:03 PM
If I lived in Los Angeles, I would have voted for none of the above (which is on the ballots)

donttread
08-16-2014, 07:16 PM
You can't start paying people to vote or turning it into a freakin circus

momsapplepie
08-16-2014, 07:31 PM
funny. I guess bribery is all it takes to get voters. Oh! wait a minute, isn't that what the demonicrats have always offered?

Adelaide
08-16-2014, 08:26 PM
I don't think it will have much impact. I wouldn't be enticed to vote by cash prizes, although I already vote except on the municipal level.

Redrose
08-16-2014, 08:35 PM
You can't start paying people to vote or turning it into a freakin circus

ACORN did it in '08 and '12. They gave people in minority areas a dollar or a cigarette to fill out absentee ballots for Obama....over and over and over again. Some people admitted to voting 6 times for Obama. The ballot was already filled out for Obama. Even foreigners were filling out ballots. Remember the libs don't want a valid ID requirement, that would prevent them from cheating and stuffing the ballot to win.

momsapplepie
08-16-2014, 08:41 PM
Wasn't it Boxer who was paying illegals to go out and stump for her? Wonder how many of them voted.... No voter ID in CA.

Peter1469
08-16-2014, 08:48 PM
They do that in Louisiana every election cycle. It use to be $5 to get onto the bus to go to the polls. I don't know if they raised it these days or not.