PDA

View Full Version : DEATH WISH? Media Draws Map to Home of Ferguson Police Officer Who Shot Mike Brown

momsapplepie
08-16-2014, 06:39 PM
Yes, the media has done it. After the release of his name, now the press have announced his neighborhood, run out there and published pictures of his home including the house numbers.

So today some of the discussions here was about releasing the video of Brown yesterday in a strong arm robbery and how that was wrong. It was insensitive and it fanned the flames and it spurred the looting last night. I'm wondering how people here feel about the media's steps today in fanning the flames and encouraging an attack on the officer, his, home, family and neighborhood?
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2014/08/16/pkg-lavandera-who-is-darren-wilson.cnn.html

Don
08-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Freedom of the press? How about freedom of speech. We should publish the names of all theses people who are responsible for putting this out there.

momsapplepie
08-16-2014, 07:03 PM
The looters last night we already threatening the press. Did that stop them? No. I believe in the Freedom of speech but when it goes to the length of jeopardizing citizens, then something needs to be done.

Don
08-16-2014, 07:08 PM
I mean our freedom of speech. The freedom to give the names and addresses of all the media people who thinks its "news" or "reporting" to tell everyone where the officer lives. Like the Zimmerman case they have already convicted the officer and apparently wouldn't mind see him punished without a hearing or trial. If he's guilty he should pay but I'm willing to wait. I don't think they are.

momsapplepie
08-16-2014, 07:12 PM
No they aren't willing to wait. True, they have already convicted him. Publishing Their addresses won't buy anything when it comes down to this and if anything did happen at their homes, it would be blamed on the cops.

Peter1469
08-16-2014, 07:44 PM
That is irresponsible of the press. However, someone else would have done it anyway on the Internet.

I suspect the cop is out of town (with his family).

momsapplepie
08-16-2014, 07:46 PM
Of course he is. That doesn't mean his home won't be targeted thanks to the media.

Alyosha
08-16-2014, 07:51 PM
The right to privacy is likewise important. If you're going to blame the media, blame local governments for selling your private information to businesses that publish it.

darroll
08-16-2014, 07:57 PM
This sells newspapers. They sell so few now.

Peter1469
08-16-2014, 07:59 PM
The right to privacy is likewise important. If you're going to blame the media, blame local governments for selling your private information to businesses that publish it.

Google and Amazon do worse than governments.

momsapplepie
08-16-2014, 08:00 PM
This sells newspapers. They sell so few now.

This creates chaos and danger.

Alyosha
08-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Google and Amazon do worse than governments.

They bought their data from government agencies like the USPS.

Redrose
08-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Yes, the media has done it. After the release of his name, now the press have announced his neighborhood, run out there and published pictures of his home including the house numbers.

So today some of the discussions here was about releasing the video of Brown yesterday in a strong arm robbery and how that was wrong. It was insensitive and it fanned the flames and it spurred the looting last night. I'm wondering how people here feel about the media's steps today in fanning the flames and encouraging an attack on the officer, his, home, family and neighborhood?
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2014/08/16/pkg-lavandera-who-is-darren-wilson.cnn.html

I say publish the address of the editor of the paper, his phone number, and photos of his family. How disgusting. A dirtbag thug fights with a cop, ends up dead and the press pulls that crap.

What are we supposed to do, let these minority hoodlums run amuck, and do nothing? Enough is enough.

momsapplepie
08-16-2014, 08:16 PM
ok so now the BPs are leading a 1000+ person protest, Shall we look in on this little peaceful march?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwJrG2AMghw

Peter1469
08-16-2014, 08:27 PM
They bought their data from government agencies like the USPS. Google and Amazon, as examples, collect a lot on their own.

momsapplepie
08-16-2014, 08:38 PM
The protestors are now in a stand off with police.

It's time to stop pussy footing around and have the Gov call out the national guard.

Peter1469
08-16-2014, 08:45 PM
These protests are all the same. You have lots of "normals" and a few agitators. Get your undercover guys to snatch and grab the agitators and disappear them. The others will get board and leave.

Redrose
08-16-2014, 08:45 PM
ok so now the BPs are leading a 1000+ person protest, Shall we look in on this little peaceful march?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwJrG2AMghw

Why don't we march and call for the death of the BP's? They are good for nothing, except intimidating White people with their aggressive, racists chants and clubs. Too much bullcrap for me to handle.

White thugs get shot everyday, by Black and White cops. These people need to get past the slavery crutch and deal with life and reality. You break the law, fight with a cop, beat his face and head and wrestle for his gun, you're gunna die! Oh boy, a white cop shot a Black "baby", lets go loot a store!

momsapplepie
08-16-2014, 08:50 PM
These agitators should be run out of town.

Peter1469
08-16-2014, 08:50 PM
You should not give them attention.

momsapplepie
08-16-2014, 08:51 PM
I'm giving them the NEGATIVE attention they deserve. They are going to get people hurt or killed.

Rebel Son
08-16-2014, 08:52 PM
What it boils down to is ethics and morals, something really lacking in not only society but our press and elected officials. Anything for a story, fox is as guilty as any other so all the fox hunters. Put your knives away.

Redrose
08-16-2014, 08:52 PM
The media feeds this crap. The media is responsible for much of the trouble in this country today.

momsapplepie
08-16-2014, 08:54 PM
Yes. Agreed the media is fanning the flames.

Peter1469
08-16-2014, 08:56 PM
When I say attention, I mean publicity. Don't officially acknowledge them.

momsapplepie
08-16-2014, 09:00 PM
No one acknowledges them except those that are following them. Myself, I believe they need to be exposed for what they are. RACIAL AGITATORS.

Adelaide
08-16-2014, 09:01 PM
It would be kind of nice if there were such a thing as journalistic malpractice, like medical malpractice, although I'm sure it could/would be abused. This was completely irresponsible of the media, however; it would have been made available somehow by someone. Trust me, it's incredibly easy to find people even when you have only an email address to go by nonetheless a name. If you know what you're doing, everything is readily available to find.

Peter1469
08-16-2014, 09:11 PM
As far as I am concerned, journalism is largely dead in the US.

It would be kind of nice if there were such a thing as journalistic malpractice, like medical malpractice, although I'm sure it could/would be abused. This was completely irresponsible of the media, however; it would have been made available somehow by someone. Trust me, it's incredibly easy to find people even when you have only an email address to go by nonetheless a name. If you know what you're doing, everything is readily available to find.

momsapplepie
08-16-2014, 09:16 PM
Yes, that is the effect of our society and government.

Peter1469
08-16-2014, 09:24 PM
Yes, that is the effect of our society and government.

The media is supposed to be "the fourth estate" (i.e. like a separate branch of government- a watch dog). It has turned into a propaganda machine largely for the DNC.

Mini Me
08-16-2014, 10:30 PM
Wrong.

The media is owned by six huge mega corporations, mostly of a conservative bent.

Rebel Son
08-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Wrong.

The media is owned by six huge mega corporations, mostly of a conservative bent.

LOL, really,,,,,,,,you said it. Care to prove it? Most movies I've seen have been produced by a goldberg, goldstein, spike lee,,,,,,,,,,,expand on that conservative owned and operated use of the media.

Peter1469
08-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Wrong.

They shill for the DNC. It is criminal.

It is OK to turn Bold off.

Redrose
08-16-2014, 11:27 PM
Wrong.

Viacom, owned by National Amusements, owned by Sumner Redstone formerly Sumner Murray Rothstein, Liberal

Disney, owned by Disney family, Bob Iger, CEO, Liberal

Time Warner, CEO Jeff Burkes, Liberal/Democrat

News Corp., Rupert Murdock, Conservstive

CBS, Common stock, Sumner Redstone largest stockholder, Liberal

NBC, owned by Comcast, Steve Burkes, Liberal Catholic from Boston, Harvard grad

Green Arrow
08-17-2014, 12:32 AM

Journalism died when yellow journalism became the norm in 1858 with the destruction of the U.S.S. Maine. It had a brief Golden Age during the presidencies of Teddy Roosevelt and Taft, then started back into decline again.

Cronkite was the last great journalist we had. Now, we are left with only yellow journalism.