PDA

View Full Version : Governor Perry will come out on top (source Mike Huckabee)

Bob
08-19-2014, 02:40 PM
I got this in my mail from Gov. Huckabee

The indictment of Texas Gov. Rick Perry might be the best thing that could happen to him... Austin is like a recycled organic smoothie cup of liberalism, bobbing in a red sea of Texas conservatism. Travis County prosecutors are notorious for indicting Republicans they could never defeat at the polls. But the indictment of Rick Perry might take the prize for the most ludicrous ever. He’s charged with felony abuse of his veto power – which, under the Texas Constitution, is unlimited - for rejecting $7.5 million in funding for the office of public integrity unless it had a new head prosecutor. The current head, Rosemary Lehmberg, was a little achy, after she was busted for DUI at nearly three times the legal limit and spent 45 days in jail. Perry stood behind his veto and called indictment a “farce.” Ms. Lehmberg’s arrest video is now all over the Internet, showing her trying to pull rank on the cops and having to be restrained. Good luck finding 12 Texas jurors who think Perry’s the official who should lose his job.
Fellow Republicans were quick to rally behind Perry. But the charges are so laughable – It’s a felony to try to prevent a convicted, police-abusing drunk driver from heading the office of Public Integrity? – that even major liberals like Obama guru David Axelrod and former New Republic editor Jonathan Chaitt are shoving it away from them with a 10-foot pole. They must know it is very risky politics. Oh, there is a legal danger to Perry: former House Speaker Tom Delay saw his career destroyed before an appeals court finally threw the charges out. But such a transparently political pre-emptive strike ahead of the 2016 Presidential race could help Perry more than hurt him.
Perry stumbled in his first debate in 2012 when his memory failed him because he was still on painkillers from surgery. But his tough stand on the border and fighting back against charges most people would find to be unfair and politically-motivated could give him the rare chance to make a second first impression. It could also backfire big time on his accusers. A grassroots petition drive is already firing up to take away the Travis County DA’s power to indict public officials and give it to the Attorney General. But cheer up, Austin prosecutors. At least then, you’d have a lot more free time to drink.

sachem
08-19-2014, 02:42 PM
Huckabee? I thought he was dead.

Cigar
08-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Of course Perry will come out on Top ... who would doubt that?

Mainecoons
08-19-2014, 02:46 PM
This is the latest tactic of the Democrats to bring down the opposition, abusive prosecutions. This one is going to blow up in their faces because the fair minded liberals out there are reaming them out about it. This prosecutor is a drunk and a partisan hack who abuses her office. Perry is doing his job in keep the taxpayers money away from her.

Perry has come out swinging. They picked on the wrong guy this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbXHg7_Zqjc

PolWatch
08-19-2014, 02:56 PM
I still believe its dirty politics all around on both sides.

There has been talk of investigations by the DA's office that would involve Perry. His suddenly becoming concerned abut the integrity of this one office after ignoring several other state officials with DWI's and worse...just makes me suspicious of his motives.

The DA is an elected office and there is a method for the voters to remove her from office...if they want to. I don't think its the governor's place to remove an elected official by using financial blackmail. Let the voters of Travis County decide.

Bob
08-19-2014, 02:56 PM
Huckabee? I thought he was dead.

I would vote for him for sure.

Bob
08-19-2014, 02:57 PM
I still believe its dirty politics all around on both sides.

There has been talk of investigations by the DA's office that would involve Perry. His suddenly becoming concerned abut the integrity of this one office after ignoring several other state officials with DWI's and worse...just makes me suspicious of his motives.

The DA is an elected office and there is a method for the voters to remove her from office...if they want to. I don't think its the governor's place to remove an elected official by using financial blackmail. Let the voters of Travis County decide.

Perry did not remove her. He made her an offer she refused and he correctly yanked money to support such a corrupt office.

del
08-19-2014, 02:58 PM
I would vote for him for sure.

i would too if he was dead.

Bob
08-19-2014, 03:01 PM
This is the latest tactic of the Democrats to bring down the opposition, abusive prosecutions. This one is going to blow up in their faces because the fair minded liberals out there are reaming them out about it. This prosecutor is a drunk and a partisan hack who abuses her office. Perry is doing his job in keep the taxpayers money away from her.

Perry has come out swinging. They picked on the wrong guy this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbXHg7_Zqjc

A public lawyer who embarasses her office, herself and breaks a law, then is sentenced, is a convict.

No wonder the convict lost the trust of the public.

Perry did not veto all funds, just for her particular group.

PolWatch
08-19-2014, 03:08 PM
i would too if he was dead.

looks like Huckabee is doing a lotta talking lately...do I smell another run at the nomination?
I found this posted on FaceBook:

Last weekend, a tragedy on a Sprint car racetrack in NY resulted in the tragic death of Kevin Ward, Jr. who had gotten out of his car and was hit and killed by Tony Stewart. The investigation continues, but it did not stop at least one sports commentator from one of the most idiotic accusations this side of accusing George Bush being responsible for 911. Here’s the comment from ESPN’s Colin Cowherd: “It’s really, really part of the South, and it’s an eye-for-an-eye culture.”
Really? So this guy thinks the death of Kevin Ward is because of a southern culture? Since Ward is a native of New York and Stewart is from Indiana, I guess I’m not getting the geographical connection, but as a proud Southerner, I take offense at some guy whose name rhymes with cow turd trying to blame southerners for a testosterone fueled feud between two Yankee drivers. Cowherd reveals his ignorance of southern culture by invoking an eye for an eye as being Southern. Maybe he should get out more.
If you have a flat tire on a country road in Mississippi, you won’t be there long before someone in a pickup truck stops to help you change it. People in Arkansas still pull over to the side of the road so a funeral procession can go by; A fellow who kills a deer in Georgia will probably give you some of the meat for your family; catching a mess—yes, we call it a mess of fish means the neighbors will get some too; total strangers in Tennessee will say hello, and when people say they will pray for you in South Carolina, they really will. I don’t know where the goon from ESPN is from, but it ain’t from the south. If he wants to make a complete fool of himself, he should come see us and try to show us how to cook grits, make redeye gravy, run a trotline in Louisiana, set a hook on a largemouth bass, field dress a deer, or clean a Weatherby 300 mag rifle. He can explain to us the difference between King james version and the NIV, sing Amazing Grace in 4 octaves, and play fiddle in a country band. He can give us his recipe for a barbecue rub, coach Little League football, tree a coon with a hound dog, and show us how he calls ducks. If he can’t do that, he ought to stick with what he knows which clearly is not Southern culture and shut his pie hole. Bless his heart!

Bob
08-19-2014, 03:14 PM
looks like Huckabee is doing a lotta talking lately...do I smell another run at the nomination?
I found this posted on FaceBook:

Last weekend, a tragedy on a Sprint car racetrack in NY resulted in the tragic death of Kevin Ward, Jr. who had gotten out of his car and was hit and killed by Tony Stewart. The investigation continues, but it did not stop at least one sports commentator from one of the most idiotic accusations this side of accusing George Bush being responsible for 911. Here’s the comment from ESPN’s Colin Cowherd: “It’s really, really part of the South, and it’s an eye-for-an-eye culture.”
Really? So this guy thinks the death of Kevin Ward is because of a southern culture? Since Ward is a native of New York and Stewart is from Indiana, I guess I’m not getting the geographical connection, but as a proud Southerner, I take offense at some guy whose name rhymes with cow turd trying to blame southerners for a testosterone fueled feud between two Yankee drivers. Cowherd reveals his ignorance of southern culture by invoking an eye for an eye as being Southern. Maybe he should get out more.
If you have a flat tire on a country road in Mississippi, you won’t be there long before someone in a pickup truck stops to help you change it. People in Arkansas still pull over to the side of the road so a funeral procession can go by; A fellow who kills a deer in Georgia will probably give you some of the meat for your family; catching a mess—yes, we call it a mess of fish means the neighbors will get some too; total strangers in Tennessee will say hello, and when people say they will pray for you in South Carolina, they really will. I don’t know where the goon from ESPN is from, but it ain’t from the south. If he wants to make a complete fool of himself, he should come see us and try to show us how to cook grits, make redeye gravy, run a trotline in Louisiana, set a hook on a largemouth bass, field dress a deer, or clean a Weatherby 300 mag rifle. He can explain to us the difference between King james version and the NIV, sing Amazing Grace in 4 octaves, and play fiddle in a country band. He can give us his recipe for a barbecue rub, coach Little League football, tree a coon with a hound dog, and show us how he calls ducks. If he can’t do that, he ought to stick with what he knows which clearly is not Southern culture and shut his pie hole. Bless his heart!

That FAIR rant has nothing to do with Mike Huckabee.

First, Mike has sent me notes for many years. I am happy to repost them.

Second, the driver against the wall had no business leaving his car and rushing into a track, no more than you would rushing into the middle of a major highway.

And the track was racing at night and the lighting was not good when Ward wore a black suit.

It is hard to see something like that when as a driver you do not expect any pedestrian traffic in front of you.

Stewart is a fine racer and did not hit Ward on purpose.

PolWatch
08-19-2014, 04:01 PM
One of the reasons I believe this is dirty politics from all parties involved. Gov Perry is involved in this investigation because of questions about funds being given to his political supporters. (I added the bold print)

from Dallas News:

The Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas was approved by voters in 2007 as a 10-year, $3 billion program to fight cancer.
May 2012: Dr. Alfred Gilman, CPRIT’s chief scientific officer, announces his resignation, effective in October. Gilman criticizes a $20 million grant for a Houston project that did not receive review by science experts.

October 2012: Dozens of science reviewers also resign, stating concerns that politics has infected the agency.

Nov. 18, 2012: The Dallas Morning News reports that companies run by Dallas businessman David Shanahan got $12.8 million in CPRIT grants after Shanahan and his associates gave $90,000 to the campaigns of Gov. Rick Perry and Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst.

Nov. 29, 2012: CPRIT discloses that an $11 million award to Peloton, a company on the campus of the UT Southwestern Medical Center, did not receive required commercial or scientific review.
Nov. 30, 2012: Two legislators who wrote the law that created CPRIT demand that the agency explain how the Peloton grant occurred.
Dec. 5, 2012: CPRIT says its investigation into the Peloton grant is hampered by some apparently missing emails between Gilman and the agency’s former chief commercialization officer.
Monday, Dec. 10, 2012: The Texas attorney general’s office says it will investigate the Peloton grant.
Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2012: The resignation of executive director Bill Gimson becomes public. The Travis County district attorney’s office confirms a criminal investigation into CPRIT.

1751_Texan
08-19-2014, 05:07 PM
Rick Perry just had a pep rally and news conference before going into the Travis county courthouse to be magistrated.

sachem
08-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Rick Perry just had a pep rally and news conference before going into the Travis county courthouse to be magistrated.That's nice.

PolWatch
08-19-2014, 05:09 PM
Rick Perry just had a pep rally and news conference before going into the Travis county courthouse to be magistrated.

as a Texan, what is your opinion of this mess?

Mainecoons
08-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Why would you ask a flaming liberal this question? He's out of step with most of Texas.

Texas outside of San Antonio and Austin liberal land backs Perry. Perry is going to shove this political prosecution right down their throats.

Watch and learn.

PolWatch
08-19-2014, 05:18 PM
Why would you ask a flaming liberal this question? He's out of step with most of Texas.

Texas outside of San Antonio and Austin liberal land backs Perry. Perry is going to shove this political prosecution right down their throats.

Watch and learn.

it doesn't bother you that the gov is under investigation by the DA in question? Removing her and appointing a repub would end the investigation.

'Nov. 18, 2012: The Dallas Morning News reports that companies run by Dallas businessman David Shanahan got $12.8 million in CPRIT grants after Shanahan and his associates gave $90,000 to the campaigns of Gov. Rick Perry and Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst.'

sachem
08-19-2014, 05:22 PM

Watch and learn.He's still a Texan. Whether you think he is "out of step with most of Texas" or not.

Mainecoons
08-19-2014, 05:25 PM
So am I. And Texas doesn't support his philosophy, thank God.

sachem
08-19-2014, 05:29 PM
So am I. And Texas doesn't support his philosophy, thank God.Well, you expressed your opinion, why can't he have the same courtesy extended to him?

Mainecoons
08-19-2014, 05:36 PM
My comment was directed at Polwatch. She isn't going to get an opinion from that particular Texan that is reflective of how Texans in general feel about Perry. He is very popular there and even a lot of the liberals are saying this is nothing but a politically motivated rail road job.

Perry has the right and the obligation to veto spending the public's money on political witch hunts and with clearly unfit public officials. He did his job.

sachem
08-19-2014, 06:19 PM
My comment was directed at Polwatch. She isn't going to get an opinion from that particular Texan that is reflective of how Texans in general feel about Perry. He is very popular there and even a lot of the liberals are saying this is nothing but a politically motivated rail road job.

Perry has the right and the obligation to veto spending the public's money on political witch hunts and with clearly unfit public officials. He did his job.Yes. We know who the comment was directed towards. She asked him. Who are you to determine who can be asked a question?

Cigar
08-19-2014, 06:22 PM
Rick is so Cool

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bvb9BeRIIAAkljG.jpg