PDA

View Full Version : American Journalist apparently executed by ISIS

exotix
08-19-2014, 06:31 PM
Just In

James Wright Foley, Kidnapped Journalist, Apparently Executed by ISIS

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/james-wright-foley-kidnapped-journalist-apparently-executed-isis-n184376

The Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS) claims to have beheaded an American photojournalist and has threatened the life of another American journalist if President Obama doesn't stop airstrikes in Iraq.

A graphic video obtained by NBC News purportedly shows James Wright Foley, a freelance journalist for the U.S.-based news service Global Post who was kidnapped while reporting from Syria two years ago, reciting threats against America before he is executed by an ISIS militant.

The militant heard in the video speaks in English.

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2014_34/626351/140819-james-foley-video-jms-1736_9e7ec13db1999cecbca886433b4da5b2.nbcnews-ux-920-520.jpg

Alyosha
08-19-2014, 06:32 PM
:(

You have no idea what it is like for families to watch this. No idea. These are animals.

The Xl
08-19-2014, 06:35 PM
Horrible. So sad.

All journalists and civilians need to GTFO the Middle East, so do military types, leave these people to their own barbaric devices.

It's a different part of the world, more ass backward that the worst parts of Africa.

Ethereal
08-19-2014, 06:43 PM
I remember when Bush kept asking everyone, "Would you rather Saddam still be in power?"

The answer is obviously, "Yes."

Cigar
08-19-2014, 06:47 PM
Why the Fuck is anyone in The Middle East anymore?

The Xl
08-19-2014, 06:48 PM

We're just waiting for your boy Obama to remove every single last anything American and not even talk about the shit anymore.

Won't happen though, sadly.

Cigar
08-19-2014, 06:53 PM
We're just waiting for your boy Obama to remove every single last anything American and not even talk about the shit anymore.

Won't happen though, sadly.

But McCain and his Girlfriend will wet their panties :laugh:

I'm all for tuning out their light on the way out.

The Xl
08-19-2014, 06:55 PM
But McCain and his Girlfriend will wet their panties :laugh:

I'm all for tuning out their light on the way out.

Who gives a fuck about McCain?

If Obama did something like that, it'd be the best thing he ever did by a longshot.

Ransom
08-19-2014, 06:59 PM
I remember when Bush kept asking everyone, "Would you rather Saddam still be in power?"

Obviously.

The Xl
08-19-2014, 07:01 PM
Obama is currently a shit President.

If Obama cut all ties(All of them) with the Middle East, he'd go down as the best modern President, even despite his other enormous and ridiculous fuck ups.

Just give me something. Anything.

The Xl
08-19-2014, 07:01 PM
Obviously.

Because the shit is just so peachy at the moment.

Ransom
08-19-2014, 07:06 PM
He'd go down as the best modern President?

Holy God.

Ransom
08-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Because the shit is just so peachy at the moment.

Not like when Saddam Peachy Hussein dictated huh?

The Xl
08-19-2014, 07:13 PM

Holy God.

If Romney came in and did the same he'd be the best Pres.

But he wouldn't and neither will Barry.

Mainecoons
08-19-2014, 07:13 PM

Holy God.

Try grasping the gist of what he's telling you.

The Xl
08-19-2014, 07:14 PM

The area was at least more stable than now.

Not to mention, on top of this madness, the million or so innocents that died and the thousands of US soldiers.

That Iraq war sure was a success, eh?

The Xl
08-19-2014, 07:15 PM
Try grasping the gist of what he's telling you.

You're asking for a lot there.

Cigar
08-19-2014, 07:18 PM
Who gives a fuck about McCain?

If Obama did something like that, it'd be the best thing he ever did by a longshot.

What ... you mean act on his own without begging The GOP to come to work?

The Xl
08-19-2014, 07:20 PM
What ... you mean act on his own without begging The GOP to come to work?

Mr. 'lel executive order' all of a sudden can't bring the troops home?

Don't kid yourself, he doesn't want to.

Cigar
08-19-2014, 07:21 PM
We ahold capture wind of those Fuckers, strap some Cocaine around their neck and make them try to get out of the South-side of Chicago ... at night :grin:

Cigar
08-19-2014, 07:22 PM

What ... you mean Cut-n-Run :grin:

Ethereal
08-19-2014, 07:22 PM

You mean before AQ and its offshoots controlled large swaths of territory in Iraq, Syria, and Libya? Yea, those were dark times for America.

The Xl
08-19-2014, 07:30 PM
What ... you mean Cut-n-Run :grin:

I don't care about Neocon talking points.

Codename Section
08-19-2014, 07:31 PM
You mean before AQ and its offshoots controlled large swaths of territory in Iraq, Syria, and Libya? Yea, those were dark times for America.

You made me snort sweet tea.

Ransom
08-19-2014, 08:07 PM

I meant before when the Iraq Iran War required the reflagging of oil tankers and the Persian Gulf to be cleared of mines, I mean when Saddam was invading Kuwait, harboring and facilitating world terrorism, and had engaged in slaughter making today's chaos look like Disneyland.

Ransom
08-19-2014, 08:09 PM
I don't care about Neocon talking points.

It's just that you cannot address them. Many choose not to care about that which proves them wrong time and again.

Ransom
08-19-2014, 08:10 PM
In addition, this isn't AQ, but whatever your talking points tell you or whatever makes you snort tea

exotix
08-19-2014, 08:11 PM
I meant before when the Iraq Iran War required the reflagging of oil tankers and the Persian Gulf to be cleared of mines, I mean when Saddam was invading Kuwait, harboring and facilitating world terrorism, and had engaged in slaughter making today's chaos look like Disneyland.
That was way back with Reagan ... right ?

https://www.indybay.org/uploads/2003/03/11/rumsfeld-saddam.jpg

Private Pickle
08-19-2014, 08:12 PM

Bush's fault again...

The Xl
08-19-2014, 08:12 PM
It's just that you cannot address them. Many choose not to care about that which proves them wrong time and again.

Everyone worth half a shit and their mother has addressed and refuted your stupid talking points again and again.

You just live in a delusional fantasy world.

texan
08-19-2014, 08:15 PM

Why would we not confront these world bullies before we meet them in NY?

It is a valid discussion to have.

The prez will regret his "we will commit no troops" comment and he is regretting not stopping them at the Iraq border.

The Xl

The prez will regret his "we will commit no troops" comment and he is regretting not stopping them at the Iraq border.

Are they in NY, or am I missing something?

texan
Btw this is terrible we can all agree.

Cigar
Bush's fault again...

Well ... there were Warnings

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-you-break-it-you-own-it-colin-powell-260215.jpg (http://izquotes.com/quote/260215)

Cigar
08-19-2014, 08:16 PM
btw this is terrible we can all agree.

yes

The Xl
08-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Yeah, this is Bushs fault.

Obama gets no points either, though.

Cigar
08-19-2014, 08:17 PM

Commit NO Troops ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/76/US_Navy_041201-N-5345W-131_F-A-18A_Hornets,_assigned_to_the_Silver_Eagles_of_Mari ne_Fighter_Attack_Squadron_One_One_Five_(VMFA-115),_armed_with_AGM-65_Maverick_laser-guided_missiles_for_an_upcoming_mission.jpg (http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:US_Navy_041201-N-5345W-131_F-A-18A_Hornets,_assigned_to_the_Silver_Eagles_of_Mari ne_Fighter_Attack_Squadron_One_One_Five_(VMFA-115),_armed_with_AGM-65_Maverick_laser-guided_missiles_for_an_upcoming_mission.jpg)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-l2H5KCBDcBo/TLr1lh8HNBI/AAAAAAAAZEw/XUM04YFDyag/s800/F-16_AGM-65D.jpg (http://weapons.technology.youngester.com/2011/12/raytheon-agm-65e2l-laser-guided.html)

exotix
08-19-2014, 08:18 PM

The prez will regret his "we will commit no troops" comment and he is regretting not stopping them at the Iraq border.INB ...

... be frightened ... be very very frightened ...

http://i62.tinypic.com/qxt4w5.png

Ethereal
08-19-2014, 08:20 PM

The Iran-Iraq war, much like Saddam Hussein's rise to power, was instigated by the CIA, proving, once again, that neo-con foreign policy creates problems and then uses them as an excuse to engage in more intervention. It's probably the most insane foreign policy (if it can even be called that) in human history.

As for your assertion of "harboring and facilitating world terrorism", that is nothing more than a tired neo-con fabrication, and a nonsensical one given the present state of terrorism in Iraq and Syria.

Ransom
08-19-2014, 08:21 PM
Reagan had bigger fish to fry.

Ethereal
08-19-2014, 08:21 PM

The only reason they were able to successfully attack NYC is because the CIA and FBI refused to share intelligence with each other. If they had simply done their jobs, 9/11 would have never happened.

Ethereal
08-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Bush's fault again...

Yup. It's definitely his fault.

Redrose
08-19-2014, 08:23 PM

We need to explore all our natural resources, and screw the Middle East. They're worse than animals.

exotix
08-19-2014, 08:26 PM
Reagan had bigger fish to fry.
Did you catch the players Rummy & Reagan ? That was about the time that 'ol debt-clock commenced ... yes ?

Peter1469
08-19-2014, 08:29 PM

It was a very different type of chaos. One we were better suited to take on in the shadows than our current war with the militant Islamists.

Ransom
08-19-2014, 08:29 PM
The Iran-Iraq war, much like Saddam Hussein's rise to power, was instigated by the CIA, proving, once again, that neo-con foreign policy creates problems and then uses them as an excuse to engage in more intervention. It's probably the most insane foreign policy (if it can even be called that) in human history.

Provide proof for your talking points, please, you're making stuff up as you go.

As for your assertion of "harboring and facilitating world terrorism", that is nothing more than a tired neo-con fabrication, and a nonsensical one given the present state of terrorism in Iraq and Syria.

Even when we invaded in 2003 he was harboring terrorists, these aren't assertions but actual facts.

Peter1469
08-19-2014, 08:32 PM
The only reason they were able to successfully attack NYC is because the CIA and FBI refused to share intelligence with each other. If they had simply done their jobs, 9/11 would have never happened.

There were legal barriers in place (long present, but strengthened under Clinton).

Basic problem: two very different legal standards for taking action. Pretty low for intel, and higher for law enforcement. But had we considered enemy terrorists inside the US to be military targets, that problem would not have been an issue.

zelmo1234
08-19-2014, 08:34 PM

Well the President is the 'Commander and Chief and it is totally constitutional for him to order the withdraw of troops? Because it is constitutional? Obama has real trouble doing it, he prefers to piss on the constitution.

Ransom
08-19-2014, 08:36 PM
It was a very different type of chaos. One we were better suited to take on in the shadows than our current war with the militant Islamists.

It was similar as it affected the entire region and the free and open access to oil market. It was similar in that it involved atrocity that couldn't be ignored. It is not similar in that Saddam's dictatorship included the draining of swamps and forced displacements, killing fields and invasion of neighboring countries. Certainly you....Pete.....who have labeled this ISIS thugs with no staying power knows full well they cannot compare to the heinous rule of Saddam Hussein.

zelmo1234
08-19-2014, 08:36 PM
Are they in NY, or am I missing something?

What makes you think that they will not try and attack us like they did on 911?

zelmo1234
08-19-2014, 08:41 PM
It is time to pull out and wait for another attack here?

Too many people have convinced themselves that appeasement is the way to go.

It takes 911 and Pearl Harbor events to change opinion when you have people that have the standard of living we enjoy here in America.

There are too many people that have forgotten or were too young to remember the feeling that we had on 911. So for those of us that want to stop evil before it grows? that ship has sailed. We have to wait and then persecute the hell out of those that demanded appeasement. They need to be reminded that they are the cause of the next attack.

The belief that they will leave us alone if we leave them alone is foolish. But that is what we once again must go though

Peter1469
08-19-2014, 08:52 PM
It was similar as it affected the entire region and the free and open access to oil market. It was similar in that it involved atrocity that couldn't be ignored. It is not similar in that Saddam's dictatorship included the draining of swamps and forced displacements, killing fields and invasion of neighboring countries. Certainly you....Pete.....who have labeled this ISIS thugs with no staying power knows full well they cannot compare to the heinous rule of Saddam Hussein.

The Islamic State of Syria and the Levant has officially changed its name to the Islamic State. Correct, I did say that they have no staying power. They have yet to take any territory under heavy opposition, and they are not holding territory under determined attack. And the local Sunnis are not going to live under their brand of Islam for any length of time. Most Sunnis in that region are as devout as your average American christian.

Regarding the differences in the conflicts pre-Militant Islam, the US, and West in general had much more luck collecting HUMIT against the then secular terrorist than they do with the current Islamist radicals. The reason is self evident.

The Xl
08-19-2014, 08:54 PM
What makes you think that they will not try and attack us like they did on 911?

How long can we live with that boogeyman?

That was prompted by our foreign policy, anyway.

exotix
08-19-2014, 08:59 PM
Well the President is the 'Commander and Chief and it is totally constitutional for him to order the withdraw of troops? Because it is constitutional? Obama has real trouble doing it, he prefers to piss on the constitution.

It takes 911 and Pearl Harbor events to change opinion when you have people that have the standard of living we enjoy here in America.

There are too many people that have forgotten or were too young to remember the feeling that we had on 911. So for those of us that want to stop evil before it grows? that ship has sailed. We have to wait and then persecute the hell out of those that demanded appeasement. They need to be reminded that they are the cause of the next attack.

The belief that they will leave us alone if we leave them alone is foolish. But that is what we once again must go though
Well, it's not like impeaching Bush & Cheney and all the neocons on 9/12 was the right thing to do ... say ... like impeaching Obama is today.

zelmo1234
08-19-2014, 09:05 PM
Well, it's not like impeaching Bush & Cheney and all the neocons on 9/12 was the right thing to do ... say ... like impeaching Obama is today.

Are you Democrats STILL trying to Impeach Obama? Hell I am willing to just let him play Gold for the next 2 years?

And Bush was only in office 8 months when 911 happened? Not likely they were pissed at him.

zelmo1234
08-19-2014, 09:08 PM
How long can we live with that boogeyman?

That was prompted by our foreign policy, anyway.

It has to do with the fact that the western way of life represents the end of their deeply held beliefs.

Weather you want to admit it or not, Radical Islam and those that refuse to speak out against it are evil and they are at war with you, you can choose to ignore it, and that is totally ok with me,

What will not be OK with me, is your outrage and anger when they do attacked again. This is something that people really don't want to understand, but the freedoms enjoyed in the West are a threat to their religious beliefs

exotix
08-19-2014, 09:10 PM
Are you Democrats STILL trying to Impeach Obama? Hell I am willing to just let him play Gold for the next 2 years?

And Bush was only in office 8 months when 911 happened? Not likely they were pissed at him.
No sweat ... the 3,000 Americans who died in less than an hour on 9/11 doesn't even compare to the horror perpetuated on America by Obama in his first 8 months.

Ethereal
08-19-2014, 09:14 PM
Provide proof for your talking points, please, you're making stuff up as you go.

Just because you're ignorant of history does not mean I'm making anything up.

A Tyrant 40 Years in the Making (http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/14/opinion/a-tyrant-40-years-in-the-making.html)

THE BABY AND THE BAATH WATER (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/posts/the_baby_and_the_baath_water)

Ramadan Revolution (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramadan_Revolution)

Even when we invaded in 2003 he was harboring terrorists, these aren't assertions but actual facts.

texan
08-19-2014, 09:22 PM
Well ... there were Warnings

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-you-break-it-you-own-it-colin-powell-260215.jpg (http://izquotes.com/quote/260215)

So you wanna go there?

texan
08-19-2014, 09:26 PM
President Obama has long ridiculed the idea that the U.S., early in the Syrian civil war, could have shaped the forces fighting the Assad regime, thereby stopping al Qaeda-inspired groups—like the one rampaging across Syria and Iraq today—from seizing control of the rebellion. In an interview in February, the president told me that “when you have a professional army ... fighting against a farmer, a carpenter, an engineer who started out as protesters and suddenly now see themselves in the midst of a civil conflict—the notion that we could have, in a clean way that didn’t commit U.S. military forces, changed the equation on the ground there was never true.”

Well, his former secretary of state, Hillary Rodham Clinton, isn’t buying it. In an interview with me earlier this week, she used her sharpest language yet to describe the "failure" that resulted from the decision to keep the U.S. on the sidelines during the first phase of the Syrian uprising.

“The failure to help build up a credible fighting force of the people who were the originators of the protests against Assad—there were Islamists, there were secularists, there was everything in the middle—the failure to do that left a big vacuum, which the jihadists have now filled,” Clinton said.

As she writes in her memoir of her State Department years, Hard Choices, she was an inside-the-administration advocate of doing more to help the Syrian rebellion. Now, her supporters argue, her position has been vindicated by recent events.

Bob
08-19-2014, 09:29 PM

When they crossed Saddam, he had them tossed into a tree shredder.

exotix
08-19-2014, 09:30 PM
ISIS Terrorists Post a Selfie with John McCain

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/06/20/isis-terrorists-post-a-selfie-with-john-mccain/

http://topconservativenews.com/2014/06/isis-brags-about-links-to-us-senator-john-mccain/

McCain posed for pictures with these rebels, smiling as the camera snapped.

Now, ISIS, Islamic State of Iraq and Syria formerly known as Al Qaeda in Iraq, is using those pictures as a campaign ad.

http://www.tpnn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/ISIS-McCain-ad.jpg

Ethereal
08-19-2014, 09:31 PM

There it is again, the "appeasement" strawman, without which you would have nothing to say on the topic of foreign policy and combating terrorism.

But nobody is talking about "appeasing" anyone except you, and nobody is talking about twiddling their thumbs while terrorists plan an attack on the US.

You seem to believe the only counter-terrorism options available to us are to do nothing or to spend indefinite time and energy engaging in covert and overt military interventions overseas (which you make tons of money off of).

But 9/11 did not happen because we weren't intervening overseas enough, it happened because of a rudimentary failure in intelligence sharing between the CIA and FBI. Instead of concentrating on a simple and effective solution, you create a false choice between doing nothing and engaging in endless wars that you get rich off of.

Blah blah blah. Same old crap.

Bob
08-19-2014, 09:41 PM
No sweat ... the 3,000 Americans who died in less than an hour on 9/11 doesn't even compare to the horror perpetuated on America by Obama in his first 8 months.

Bush did not cause 911 so what are you trying to say?

exotix
08-19-2014, 09:53 PM
Bush did not cause 911 so what are you trying to say?
No ?

How did Bush happen to have a Presidential Podium at Booker Elementary to announce that 9/11 was going down ?

http://www.sarasotacountyschools.net/uploadedImages/Elementary_Schools/Booker_Elementary/!Main_Navigation/bushpanorama.jpg

Bob
08-19-2014, 09:59 PM
No ?

How did Bush happen to have a Presidential Podium at Booker Elementary to announce that 9/11 was going down ?

http://www.sarasotacountyschools.net/uploadedImages/Elementary_Schools/Booker_Elementary/!Main_Navigation/bushpanorama.jpg

Few people recall that when 911 hit, he got a podium very fast. Fewer yet understood that his team was not hooked up to a TV feed and he asked them to do it.

Most think his first talk was that night at the White house.

But Bush had no clue 9/11 was on those evil bastards agenda.

exotix
08-19-2014, 10:06 PM
Few people recall that when 911 hit, he got a podium very fast. Fewer yet understood that his team was not hooked up to a TV feed and he asked them to do it.

Most think his first talk was that night at the White house.

But Bush had no clue 9/11 was on those evil bastards agenda.
Yes ?

Ever look at the Bush 9/11 Timeline ?

http://www.historycommons.org/timeline.jsp?timeline=complete_911_timeline&day_of_9/11=bush

Bush motorcade arrives at Booker Elementary 14 minutes after first plane hits WTC .. ... Presidential Podium in Limousine ?

http://cdn.historycommons.org/images/events/283_bush_motorcade2050081722-9142.jpg

Bob
08-19-2014, 10:07 PM
Yes ?

Ever look at the Bush 9/11 Timeline ?

http://www.historycommons.org/timeline.jsp?timeline=complete_911_timeline&day_of_9/11=bush

Presidential Podium in Limousine ?

http://cdn.historycommons.org/images/events/283_bush_motorcade2050081722-9142.jpg

I studied it a lot after the event. And you may not have heard of the suburbans that follow presidents.

exotix
08-19-2014, 10:11 PM
I studied it a lot after the event. And you may not have heard of the suburbans that follow presidents.
Yes ?

(9:01 a.m.) September 11, 2001: President Bush Claims to See First WTC Crash on Television while at Elementary School (http://www.historycommons.org/context.jsp?item=a901crashontv#a901crashontv)

President Bush later makes the following statement: “And I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower—the television was obviously on, and I use to fly myself, and I said, ‘There’s one terrible pilot.’

And I said, ‘It must have been a horrible accident.’

But I was whisked off there—I didn’t have much time to think about it.”
[US PRESIDENT, 12/10/2001 (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/12/20011204-17.html)] He has repeated the story on other occasions. [US PRESIDENT, 1/14/2002 (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/01/20020105-3.html); CBS NEWS, 9/11/2002 (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/09/11/60II/main521718.shtml)]

Notably, the first WTC Crash was not shown live on television.

Further, Bush does not have access to a television until 15 or so minutes later. [WASHINGTON TIMES, 10/7/2002 (http://web.archive.org/web/20021007213015/http://www.washtimes.com/national/20021007-85016651.htm)] A Boston Herald article later notes, “Think about that. Bush’s remark implies he saw the first plane hit the tower.

But we all know that video of the first plane hitting did not surface until the next day.

Could Bush have meant he saw the second plane hit—which many Americans witnessed ?
No, because he said that he was in the classroom when Andrew Card whispered in his ear that a second plane hit.”

The article, noting that Bush has repeated this story more than once, asks, “How could the commander in chief have seen the plane fly into the first building—as it happened?”

Codename Section
08-19-2014, 10:32 PM
When they crossed Saddam, he had them tossed into a tree shredder.

Really?

Codename Section
08-19-2014, 10:39 PM

We're already waiting for another attack here. It's coming. Pulling out there enables us to harden ourselves here and not have divided interests. We are safer with our troops here at home while they kill each other to their heart's content over there. The ONLY good thing that came out of Iraq and Afghanistan is that those of us who went there are now experts in asymmetric warfare.

Thanks Al Qaeda.

Who are we appeasing when they are all batshit mutherfucking crazy? Do you guys remember saying how we should support the rebels in Syria, of which ISIS was a part of against Assad? I said then "no, they're crazy too."

I was right.

911 is a product of our foreign policy. They never hated us for our freedom. They hated us for our intervention. That doesn't make 911 right or excusable, but lets at least be honest about the cause.

There is no such thing as appeasement. There is nonintervention and there is intervention. Appeasement is a buzzword and implies we're giving them something. We cannot give what we don't own.

They won't leave us alone because we send money to their enemies. So, yeh, expect an attack here. It's coming no matter what we do in Iraq.

momsapplepie
08-19-2014, 10:58 PM
No ?

and Obama hasn't had a presidential podium in a kindergarten class? Please.

Codename Section
08-19-2014, 10:59 PM
Obama needs the podium because it has his speeches on it.

momsapplepie
08-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Yes. It is coming. I haven't seen any mention of it in threads today, but last night during the Ferguson protests, I couldn't believe there was a teeshirt held up on a CNN broadcast that said, "Isis is Here!" Makes you wonder how far they really are imbedded here in the US.

Codename Section
08-19-2014, 11:03 PM
Yes. It is coming. I haven't seen any mention of it in threads today, but last night during the Ferguson protests, I couldn't believe there was a teeshirt held up on a CNN broadcast that said, "Isis is Here!" Makes you wonder how far they really are imbedded here in the US.

Ohhhh the things I could tell you. Just...tighten up and have a strategy.

momsapplepie
08-19-2014, 11:03 PM
Obama needs the podium because it has his speeches on it.
Really? I didn't know kindergarteners knew how to read!

Codename Section
08-19-2014, 11:04 PM
I have some bigfoot recordings I must listen to or I'd continue being stupid in this thread. Have fun y'all.

momsapplepie
08-19-2014, 11:13 PM
Ohhhh the things I could tell you. Just...tighten up and have a strategy.

Wouldn't be too shocked. Been watching since the first Twin towers attacks.

momsapplepie
08-19-2014, 11:14 PM
Have fun with Bigfoot!:wink:

Or should I say with bigfeet. Just remember, You have decided to enter into Bigfoot country! and they can be pretty nasty when crossed!

exotix
08-20-2014, 08:00 AM
Just In

Did a British Jihadist Behead Journalist James Foley ?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/james-foley/did-british-jihadist-behead-journalist-james-foley-syria-n184686

LONDON -- Intelligence officials were poring over a video purporting to show the beheading of an American journalist in Syria (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/james-wright-foley-kidnapped-journalist-apparently-executed-isis-n184376) on Wednesday, urgently seeking confirmation of James Foley's fate as well as clues about the identity of his executioner.

The voice narrating the video speaks fluent English and the U.K.'s foreign secretary suggested he might be British - a troubling but not altogether surprising development. Western officials have been sounding alarm bells for months over the flood of foreign fighters taking up arms in Syria and Iraq (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/attorney-general-eric-holder-warns-syria-terror-threat-n150451).

U.K. Prime Minister David Cameron cut short his summer vacation to return to London and chair urgent meetings on the threat posed by ISIS in Iraq and Syria, calling the video “shocking and depraved.”

British Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said the video appears to be genuine, adding that intelligence agencies on both sides of the Atlantic were working to identify the voice on the tape.

“We are very concerned by the apparent fact that the murderer in question is British,” Hammondtold NBC News partner ITV News (http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-08-20/hammond-agencies-trying-to-identify-british-militant/).
"We are urgently investigating."

Cameron recently said there are more than 400 U.K. nationals in the ranks of ISIS, and Hammond on Wednesday said the video underscored concerns about the threat ISIS fighters pose to the West (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/iraq-turmoil/rise-isis-heightens-threat-terrorism-west-experts-warn-n141661).

"This is something we have been tracking and dealing with for many, many months and I don't think this video changes anything,” Hammond told the BBC.

"It just heightens awareness of a situation which is very grave and which we've been working on for many months."

James Foley

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2014_34/626316/140819-james-foley-jms-1708_a33cb84cfb9dd577696f5718183a0189.nbcnews-fp-1680-600.jpg

Mr. Right
08-20-2014, 08:31 AM
What I find most disturbing about the whole West/Islam thing is that our Government refuses to acknowledge that Islam is at war with the U.S. and Europe. Putin seems to be the only figure who realizes the truth. (and is willing to address it)

exotix
08-20-2014, 08:40 AM
What I find most disturbing about the whole West/Islam thing is that our Government refuses to acknowledge that Islam is at war with the U.S. and Europe. Putin seems to be the only figure who realizes the truth. (and is willing to address it)
What's with root'n for Putin ?

Bush invaded Iraq and unleashed Muslim beheaders on the world (Operation Beheader Freedom) ... and conservatives have been creating muslim beheaders since Reagan.

So the question is ... why ?

http://i57.tinypic.com/13yfrs9.jpg

texan
08-20-2014, 08:55 AM
I would like to know exactly where this "well funding" of ISIS is coming from and what we are really doing about it.

Gerrard Winstanley
08-20-2014, 09:05 AM
Really?
His troops left Kuwaiti babies to die on cold floors, too. :rollseyes:

Adelaide
08-20-2014, 11:17 AM
This is truly horrible and I feel for the family. I can't even imagine what they are feeling. I think journalists take risks as part of their job and when this type of tragedy happens it's almost an occupational hazard but that doesn't by any means make it acceptable or something to expect. Journalists and aid workers shouldn't be in as much danger as they are when they are working around the world, but unfortunately there are groups like ISIS who will continue to do these types of acts for shock and terror effect.

Peter1469
08-20-2014, 02:55 PM
I would like to know exactly where this "well funding" of ISIS is coming from and what we are really doing about it.

They apparently captured a half billion $ when they took Mosul.

Peter1469
08-20-2014, 02:58 PM
His troops left Kuwaiti babies to die on cold floors, too. :rollseyes:

That is what the daughter of the Kuwaiti ambassador to the US said in her testimony before Congress. She was called nurse Nayirah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmfVs3WaE9Y

exotix
08-20-2014, 06:21 PM
Just In

The Pentagon attempted a rescue operation to free James Foley and other U.S. hostages held in Syria by Islamist militants

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/james-foley/mission-rescue-james-foley-other-hostages-syria-failed-officials-n185391

... but the mission failed because the hostages weren't where U.S. planners thought they were, U.S. officials told NBC News on Wednesday.

The attempted rescue occurred early this summer when Special Operations forces in helicopters, under air cover from U.S. fighter jets, swarmed a compound and were engaged by enemy forces, U.S. officials told NBC News.

After a fierce gunbattle in which "many ISIS fighters were killed," the Americans determined that the hostages weren't there and quickly left, the officials said. One added: "It all happened very quickly."

A U.S. helicopter pilot suffered a minor wound when the chopper came under enemy fire, but there were no other U.S. casualties, officials said.

A Pentagon spokesman gave few details but said the operation involved air and ground components and was focused on a "particular captor network" within the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham, or ISIS.

The news comes a day after ISIS released a gruesome video documenting the beheading of U.S. journalist James Foley (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/james-foley/obama-journalists-killing-no-just-god-would-stand-what-they-n185076).

Lisa Monaco, President Barack Obama's assistant for homeland security and counterterrorism, said in a statement that Obama authorized the mission because the U.S. "had what we believed was sufficient intelligence."

"It was the national security team's assessment that these hostages were in danger with each passing day in [ISIS] custody," she said.

While the effort failed, Obama "could not be prouder of the U.S. forces who carried out this mission and the dedicated intelligence and diplomatic professionals who supported their efforts," Monaco said.

Obama retaliates with Airstrikes ~ http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/iraq-turmoil/u-s-airstrikes-target-isis-forces-near-mosul-dam-iraq-n185006

Videos Inside

http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2014_34/628546/140820-islamic-state-militants-1843_a18633b7a507ad9e6d9ce56a50b8bd24.nbcnews-fp-1680-600.jpg

Ransom
08-21-2014, 06:17 AM

Obama has decreased the national debt too, Debt Clock.

Ransom
08-21-2014, 06:18 AM
They apparently captured a half billion $ when they took Mosul.

Helps with staying power

Peter1469
08-21-2014, 07:17 AM
Helps with staying power

Like at the Mosul damn?

You understand what staying power means? Right?

Ransom
08-21-2014, 10:16 AM
Like at the Mosul damn?

Yes. Like the Mosul Dam. That required direct military intervention by the US to take back. We armed both the Kurd forces and the Iraq Army...until then, the Mosul Dam had fallen, Peshmerga and Iraqi troops had been 'forced' back.

You understand what staying power means? Right?

I understand it means anything you want it to mean. You get to assign your own timelines, you define whatever argument it is you're trying to make, Pete. I think IS surprised even you with their staying power...and influence on the region. I think they expanded faster than you envisioned, I think they are more of a threat to US interests than you do...but you make your own arguments. They flitter about in the wind, they change direction, you whine about being taken ouot of context or merely abandon threads where your argument is being piecemealed...and handed back to you boxed and ribboned.:rollseyes:

Peter1469
08-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Yes. Like the Mosul Dam. That required direct military intervention by the US to take back. We armed both the Kurd forces and the Iraq Army...until then, the Mosul Dam had fallen, Peshmerga and Iraqi troops had been 'forced' back.

I understand it means anything you want it to mean. You get to assign your own timelines, you define whatever argument it is you're trying to make, Pete. I think IS surprised even you with their staying power...and influence on the region. I think they expanded faster than you envisioned, I think they are more of a threat to US interests than you do...but you make your own arguments. They flitter about in the wind, they change direction, you whine about being taken ouot of context or merely abandon threads where your argument is being piecemealed...and handed back to you boxed and ribboned.:rollseyes:

I don't abandon threads- that have value. You tend to destroy value when you come in with your simplistic views and positions. You regurgitate Necon talking points with no clue of how your goals would be achieved. That does not interest me. Give me something doable and sustainable. Until then, don't feel abandoned when I ignore you.

Mainecoons
08-21-2014, 01:27 PM
Ransom, I can find no reference that indicates the U.S. gave arms to the Kurds before August. Hence, the dam was taken by the IS bunch BEFORE we gave the Kurds anything.

If you have evidence to the contrary, please post.

We long since gave arms to the Iraqis but we forgot to give them a back bone transplant at the same time. Hence, as soon as they came up against real fighters, they cut and ran just like they did under Saddam.

Also, you all will be happy to know it has been determined why Obama went back to D.C. No, it wasn't to give his "tough guy" speech before he headed for the links.

It was this:

Peter1469
08-21-2014, 01:48 PM
What completely is beyond Ransom is national strategy.

Until recently, the US national strategy, in relevant part, was to keep Iraq whole. So excessive help to the Kurds- even if it helps us, defeats that strategy. We can't help create a Kurdistan while insisting on Iraq to remain whole. Sorry Ransom for going way over your head.

exotix
08-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Today

'The Beatles'

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/james-foley/british-isis-militants-dubbed-beatles-guarded-syria-hostages-n185926

Three Islamist militants with British accents have been dubbed "The Beatles" by hostages taken in Syria, who recount tales of particular brutality at the hands of European captors.

The presence of British jihadists fighting for ISIS is in sharp focus following the release of a video showing the beheading of American freelance journalist James Foley (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/james-foley).

The video is narrated bya male voice that appears to be British (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/james-foley/did-british-jihadist-behead-journalist-james-foley-syria-n184686) — and has set off alarm bells about the dangers of foreign fighters taken up arms in Syria and Iraq.

Several escaped and freed hostages initially seized in Syria have spoken of a trio of Brits who acted as guards, according to a person close to several recent hostage negotiations.

According to the source, "The Beatles" were harsher than other guards.

"They were really rough with them," the person told NBC News on Thursday.

"Whenever the Beatles showed up, there was some kind of physical beating or torture."

Video Inside

James Foleys' parents speak of their son

http://media3.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Video/__NEW/f_fh_foleyp_140820.nbcnews-video-reststate-800.jpg

exotix
08-24-2014, 10:36 AM
Today

'We're Close to Identifying Beheader'

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/james-foley/were-close-identifying-james-foleys-killer-u-k-ambassador-says-n187781

The British ambassador to the U.S. said Sunday that intelligence officials are "close" to identifying the man with an apparent British accent who beheaded American journalist James Foley in a video released by ISIS militants earlier in the week.

"We're not in a position to say exactly who this is," said Sir Peter Westmacott on NBC's "Meet the Press," but "I think we are close."

The ambassador said "sophisticated" voice recognition technology was being used to identify the man who appeared in the video, but Westmacott also stressed that the threat of British nationals in ISIS goes beyond one killer.

"It’s not just about one brutal murderer," Westmacott said. British intelligence estimates that about 500 Britons have joined ISIS, meaning they have the means to return to Britain or fly to America with few hindrances.

"It is a threat to our citizens," Westmacott said.

Video Inside

Usual Conservative Fear-Mongers pimp you out to be frightened ... be very very frightened ...

http://i59.tinypic.com/2i7397a.png

Peter1469
08-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Today

'We're Close to Identifying Beheader'

Quiet professionals will take this guy out and we will never know about it. Hopefully.

exotix
08-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Quiet professionals will take this guy out and we will never know about it. Hopefully.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vg7FU6W7og

exotix
08-24-2014, 06:02 PM
*Breaking*

British Intelligence has Identified Beheader

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/james-foley/british-intelligence-identify-man-they-believe-killed-journalist-james-foley-n187781

British intelligence officials have identified the man they believe killed American journalist James Foley in Syria, U.K. security sources told NBC News on Sunday.

NBC News has not yet confirmed the name of the suspect, and sources have said that rampant media speculation about the identity of the killer may be off base.

"We're not in a position to say exactly who this is," Sir Peter Westmacott said on NBC's "Meet the Press," but "I think we are close.”

Westmacott said "sophisticated" voice recognition technology was being used to identify the man who appeared in the video, but he also stressed that the threat of British nationals in ISIS goes beyond one killer.

Ransom
08-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Ransom, I can find no reference that indicates the U.S. gave arms to the Kurds before August. Hence, the dam was taken by the IS bunch BEFORE we gave the Kurds anything.

So, our intervention made a difference was my point yes, are you high or something?

If you have evidence to the contrary, please post.

Wow.:tumbleweed:

We long since gave arms to the Iraqis but we forgot to give them a back bone transplant at the same time. Hence, as soon as they came up against real fighters, they cut and ran just like they did under Saddam.

I believe the purges by current leadership also played a role, as well, tribal factions didn't reject IS as many had predicted.

Also, you all will be happy to know it has been determined why Obama went back to D.C. No, it wasn't to give his "tough guy" speech before he headed for the links.

I'm sorry, I am totally lost as to what you're trying to gurgle here......this is relevant, why? Did Maine also legalize pot this weekend?

It was this:

8620[/QUOTE]

Ransom
08-24-2014, 08:12 PM
What completely is beyond Ransom is national strategy.

Until recently, the US national strategy, in relevant part, was to keep Iraq whole. So excessive help to the Kurds- even if it helps us, defeats that strategy. We can't help create a Kurdistan while insisting on Iraq to remain whole. Sorry Ransom for going way over your head.

No need to apologize, Side Show. I understand you're a tad buttsore, I've completely destroyed your INNist arguments and policies not to mention those sharing error as a common denominator.

Ransom
08-24-2014, 08:15 PM

I'd prefer we capture and gather Intel, it seems this individual has taken a leadership role.