PDA

View Full Version : al-Qaeda described as “decimated” and “on the run” by Obama came calling

texan
08-20-2014, 08:25 AM
Statements and judgements made by our President like this is just further example of his lack of understanding of the world. He lives in a speech making theory world. He believes you can reason with the worlds vilians. We as the USA people kind of hoped he was right because we were tired of war. The theme fight them over there so we don't have to here should be echoing in ones mind.

I don't expect agreement or even consideration from the constant excuse making Obama supporters. But there isn't a world leader out there that doesn't understand the mistakes we have made on foreign policy. Hillary was very specific by saying something to the effect of "don't do stupid things isn't a strategy."

It is astonishing that the dems playbook calls for talking about Bush with only 2.5 years left in an 8 year run for Obama. It may sound good to hard core supporters but if the majority could use a mulligan they would go back and elect Romney.

BTW it doesn't matter if you think true or false on al Qaeda (which they will wordsmith you on acting like they are beaten down), ISIS/al Qaeda all on his watch.

Cigar
08-20-2014, 09:55 AM
http://www.thenation.com/sites/default/files/user/238200/Mission_accomplished_ap_img.jpg (http://www.thenation.com/blog/174127/ten-years-ago-bush-declared-mission-accomplished-and-media-swooned)

Common Sense
08-20-2014, 09:56 AM
I wonder what people think Romney would have done differently. Invaded Iran?

texan
08-20-2014, 10:00 AM
Well I bet they wouldn't have lifted the sanctions that were working!!!!!

Ouch!

Want a mulligan so you can drop in a different country with more thought before hand?

texan
08-20-2014, 10:04 AM
http://www.thenation.com/sites/default/files/user/238200/Mission_accomplished_ap_img.jpg (http://www.thenation.com/blog/174127/ten-years-ago-bush-declared-mission-accomplished-and-media-swooned)

I expect you to be dishonest or without the capability to research. It is definately one or the other. Expect me to continue to school you with the facts.

The banner stating "Mission Accomplished" was a focal point of controversy and criticism. Navy Commander and Pentagon (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/The_Pentagon) spokesman Conrad Chun said the banner referred specifically to the aircraft carrier's 10-month deployment (which was the longest deployment of a carrier since the Vietnam War (http://thepoliticalforums.com/wiki/Vietnam_War)) and not the war itself, saying "It truly did signify a mission accomplished for the crew."[7] (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#cite_note-7)

Welllllll Nowwwww thats two swings and two misses on responses to this thread, next!

texan
08-20-2014, 10:08 AM
BTW anyone that promotes John Kerry to the position of negotiator must have their judgement questioned. Here is the strategy, be nice and give in because the bad guys probably won't lie to you. Hope isn't a strategy either.

Common Sense
08-20-2014, 10:12 AM

Ouch!

Want a mulligan so you can drop in a different country with more thought before hand?

BS...Sanctions didn't end. They were eased and now the US is actually negotiating. I find negotiations better than punishing a populace. Sanctions don't effect those in charge.

texan
08-20-2014, 10:31 AM
You and John Kerry should get a room.

I am sure the Iranian Supreme Leader (whom we have never spoken to and calls the shots there) is a real level headed guy:

Ayatollah Hosseini Khamenei may rule one of the most oppressive societies in the world, but that isn’t stopping him from trying to use the turmoil in Ferguson to score some propaganda points against the United States. Khamenei’s English-language Twitter account fired off six tweets attacking the United States’ human rights record Sunday. Most of the tweets featured a “#Ferguson” hashtag.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/17/iranian-supreme-leader-uses-ferguson-to-attack-americas-human-rights-record-on-twitter/#ixzz3Awkr2H1L

texan
08-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Oh and I Iam sure he really lives on Twitter himself.

nathanbforrest45
08-20-2014, 11:22 AM
You do realize do you not that Bush did not say the mission was acomplished. The banner pertained to the mission of the ship. If Hillary, God Forbid, becomes our next president and fucks up as she will are you still going to blame Bush?

You are a rather shallow thinker aren't you?

texan
08-20-2014, 11:23 AM
They know thats why they haven't revisited with the hyperbole posts.

Mainecoons
08-20-2014, 11:48 AM
You do realize do you not that Bush did not say the mission was acomplished. The banner pertained to the mission of the ship. If Hillary, God Forbid, becomes our next president and fucks up as she will are you still going to blame Bush?

Using the word "thinker" in reference to the post you cite is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

:grin:

texan
08-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Yea don't allow thinker and Cee'gar in the same sentence........:)

Peter1469
08-20-2014, 03:03 PM
al Qaeda prime is effectively ineffectual. Has been for years.

donttread
08-20-2014, 03:05 PM
Statements and judgements made by our President like this is just further example of his lack of understanding of the world. He lives in a speech making theory world. He believes you can reason with the worlds vilians. We as the USA people kind of hoped he was right because we were tired of war. The theme fight them over there so we don't have to here should be echoing in ones mind.

I don't expect agreement or even consideration from the constant excuse making Obama supporters. But there isn't a world leader out there that doesn't understand the mistakes we have made on foreign policy. Hillary was very specific by saying something to the effect of "don't do stupid things isn't a strategy."

It is astonishing that the dems playbook calls for talking about Bush with only 2.5 years left in an 8 year run for Obama. It may sound good to hard core supporters but if the majority could use a mulligan they would go back and elect Romney.

BTW it doesn't matter if you think true or false on al Qaeda (which they will wordsmith you on acting like they are beaten down), ISIS/al Qaeda all on his watch.

ALQ? Old news. Don't get me wrong they served well as boggiemen and many a youth was swayed to kill and die to defend Exxon from their clutches. But, America is not capable of monogamy with boggiemen. ALQ, like Saddam, Noreaga, The Taliban, and OBL himself had a good run but there time is over. The fickle power mongers and media have now set there sights on ISIS ( worse than all who have come before, etc , etc, etc ) At first I thought they meant ISIS the hot she God but sadly, no. Just more CIA created brown terrorist with a new name to fan the flames of war.

texan
08-20-2014, 05:41 PM
al Qaeda prime is effectively ineffectual. Has been for years.

How about terrorists they ineffective as well?

Peter1469
08-20-2014, 05:43 PM
How about terrorists they ineffective as well?

No. I was commenting only on al Qaeda prime, not any other group or franchise.

Green Arrow
08-21-2014, 12:27 AM

Same question to you, if a Jeb Bush or some other Republican wins in 2016 and, like Obama, Hillary, and Bush, fucks up our country further, are you still going to blame Obama and Democrats?

My guess is yes, because a lot of you wear partisan blinders on both sides. Most things Republican partisans condemn Democrats for doing, they do themselves, and vice versa.

Ethereal
08-21-2014, 12:40 AM
Statements and judgements made by our President like this is just further example of his lack of understanding of the world. He lives in a speech making theory world. He believes you can reason with the worlds vilians.

And some people believe reason has no place in American foreign policy.

The theme fight them over there so we don't have to here should be echoing in ones mind.

How will military intervention overseas prevent terrorist attacks from taking place on American soil?

AQ and its offshoots have taken advantage of the power vacuums created by western attempts at regime change in Iraq, Syria, and Libya. In other words, more failure cooked up by neo-cons.

Ethereal
08-21-2014, 12:47 AM

Ouch!

The sanctions were working? Could have fooled me, they were in effect for decades and did almost nothing to impact the Iranian regime or its aspirations for nuclear weapons, not that the west has any right to dictate to a sovereign nation what weapons they're allowed to have, especially when the US has nukes of its own and is the only country in history to actually use them against civilians.

Mainecoons
08-21-2014, 08:55 AM
The Chinese and Russians pretty much ignored the sanctions. I can't think of a single example where sanctions led directly to regime change or serious modification of behavior. Perhaps the closest example might be Libya?

donttread
08-21-2014, 10:12 AM
The Chinese and Russians pretty much ignored the sanctions. I can't think of a single example where sanctions led directly to regime change or serious modification of behavior. Perhaps the closest example might be Libya?

As they should and as we should ignore anyone who sanctions us

Ransom
08-21-2014, 11:04 AM

I can think of an example where sanctions have led directly to being attacked by al-Qaeda.