PDA

View Full Version : Insider Trading on the U.S. Downgrade?

Conley
08-07-2011, 11:48 PM
In late July, a mystery investor or hedge fund made a nearly $1 Billion bet that the US would lose their AAA+ credit rating, and on August 5th when S&P issued its downrade to AA+, that investor now stands to make a return of 1000%, and leads to serious questions of who the mystery trader is, and did they have insider information well before hand.

In 1992, George Soros nearly destroyed the British Pound, and made a profit of $1 Billion by betting agains the currency. The British government had been propping up the Sterling for some time, and this led to a weakness that Soros was able to exploit when rejection of the Maastricht Treaty led to a massive devaulation of the Pound, and a huge profit for his bet.

That belief, or perhaps knowledge of events is very similar to the bet placed against the American credit rating just two weeks ago.

Continue reading on Examiner.com $1 Billion bet in July of US downgrade brings questions of insider information - National Finance Examiner | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/finance-examiner-in-national/1-billion-bet-july-of-us-downgrade-brings-questions-of-insider-information#ixzz1UPSdVYAe

Mister D
08-08-2011, 07:39 AM
A lot of people seem to suspect some foul play. Not sure if they have the right to considering our sopensging habits though... :-\

MMC
08-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Wonder what bet they made that the US would hold China hostage by Controlling the Opium Trade. While China held our debt. >:D

Conley
08-08-2011, 10:37 AM
A lot of people seem to suspect some foul play. Not sure if they have the right to considering our sopensging habits though... :-\

If indeed it is Soros or someone else with high level connections in the Obama administration it should be investigated. This is the path to destruction...we have corruption at the highest levels, Congress and the President ignoring the will of the people, all the while picking and choosing which laws to enforce and which not to as they raid our coffers and destroy this country.

Mister D
08-08-2011, 10:58 AM

If indeed it is Soros or someone else with high level connections in the Obama administration it should be investigated. This is the path to destruction...we have corruption at the highest levels, Congress and the President ignoring the will of the people, all the while picking and choosing which laws to enforce and which not to as they raid our coffers and destroy this country.

I don't disagree if it turns out that there are shenanigans afoot I'm sure there will be a great deal of fallout.

Conley
08-08-2011, 11:18 AM

I don't disagree if it turns out that there are shenanigans afoot I'm sure there will be a great deal of fallout.

I guess my biggest concern is that there won't be any fallout. I have lost my faith and trust in the federal government.

Mister D
08-08-2011, 11:25 AM

I guess my biggest concern is that there won't be any fallout. I have lost my faith and trust in the federal government.

Can't say I blame you but this can't go on forever.