PDA

View Full Version : New Violence Erupts in Syria as Rebels Launch Attack From the Sea

Conley
04-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Syrian rebel gunmen in inflatable dinghies have attacked a military unit on the Mediterranean coast, with deaths on both sides, state media report.

It is thought to be the first rebel assault from the sea. Separately, Lebanon says its navy has seized weapons destined for the rebels.

Clashes between security forces and deserting troops left heavy casualties near Damascus and Aleppo, reports say.

The violence comes despite a shaky ceasefire in force since 12 April.

On Thursday UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon warned that Syria's government was "in contravention" of a UN- and Arab League-backed peace plan.

Saturday's violence came after the Lebanese navy said it had found and confiscated three containers full of arms and ammunition bound for the rebels.

The ship, the Lutfallah II, is reported to have begun its voyage from Libya, stopped off in Alexandria in Egypt, and then headed for the port of Tripoli in northern Lebanon before it was intercepted.

The BBC's Jim Muir in Beirut says it is believed the consignment was destined for the rebels in Syria, with whom the new Libyan regime strongly sympathises.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17879022

So it looks like Libya is supporting the rebels and Lebanon is supporting Syria. The chances for a ceasefire were never that good and this sure didn't make them any better.

Peter1469
04-28-2012, 08:30 AM
All those rebels need to do is find oil in Syria. Then Western nations will take care of Assad and his army for them.

MMC
04-28-2012, 08:41 AM
Assad should have invited the Saudi King over offerering to quell the Violence. Once getting there Assad should have had him taken prisoner. Then roughed his azz up a bit and throwing him on TV. With the Message to the Sunni. Any more BS, and we will hang the mofo on World Wide Televison.

One thing for certain. Not one Sunni Country has the balls to get up and take care of their own buisness.

BlackAsCoal
04-28-2012, 11:47 AM
:0)

AL CIAda launches an attack from the sea.

The invasion of Libya defined for all the world who is behind "the rebels" and has muted UN power and authority for perhaps all time.

annata
04-28-2012, 12:31 PM
:0)

AL CIAda launches an attack from the sea.

The invasion of Libya defined for all the world who is behind "the rebels" and has muted UN power and authority for perhaps all time.

al_CIAda :grin: - ya think? I haven't kept up with the latest in Libya, last I heard was it's still militias, still gonna have the government.(green text)

Gotta catch up on Syria too -damn WORK, is keeping me too busy.

Peter1469
04-28-2012, 12:35 PM
al_CIAda :grin: - ya think? I haven't kept up with the latest in Libya, last I heard was it's still militias, still gonna have the government.(green text)

Gotta catch up on Syria too -damn WORK, is keeping me too busy.

There are al Qaeda flags flying all over eastern Libya. McCain went there to give a speech that there was no al Qaeda in Libya and an al Qaeda flag was flying on top of the building he was standing in front of. I doubt that he even noticed.....

BlackAsCoal
04-28-2012, 12:45 PM
There are al Qaeda flags flying all over eastern Libya. McCain went there to give a speech that there was no al Qaeda in Libya and an al Qaeda flag was flying on top of the building he was standing in front of. I doubt that he even noticed.....

Too funny. :0)

The "rebels" in Libya were as CIAda as are the "rebels" in Syria.

The world knows it .. thus, no cooperation for an attack on Syria. Russia, China, and the SCO won't allow it.

Conley
04-28-2012, 12:48 PM

That captures it in a nutshell.

keyser soze
04-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Also explains his "There's no Republican war on women" speech....

MMC
04-28-2012, 02:35 PM

Didn't Graham go on that trip with him?

Peter1469
04-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Didn't Graham go on that trip with him?

Probably.

Peter1469
04-28-2012, 05:39 PM
Too funny. :0)

The "rebels" in Libya were as CIAda as are the "rebels" in Syria.

The world knows it .. thus, no cooperation for an attack on Syria. Russia, China, and the SCO won't allow it.

I imagine that there were some CIA backed rebels there.

Just like Afghanistan in the 80s. The CIA backed local rebels and Saudi Arabia backs foreign fighters like al Qaeda.

roadmaster
04-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Something is always happening over there.

annata
04-28-2012, 08:49 PM

LOL ., thanks for the info. Get McCain right out there as a special envoy to assist the non-al-Qaeda militias. :rollseyes:

annata
04-28-2012, 08:53 PM

Just like Afghanistan in the 80s. The CIA backed local rebels and Saudi Arabia backs foreign fighters like al Qaeda. was wondering about proxys, more good info -TY

BlackAsCoal
04-29-2012, 09:19 AM

Just like Afghanistan in the 80s. The CIA backed local rebels and Saudi Arabia backs foreign fighters like al Qaeda.

Formenting violence is what we do.

That's what we did in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and now Syria.

There is nothing secret about what the CIA does .. only Americans are blind to it.

Peter1469
04-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Formenting violence is what we do.

That's what we did in Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and now Syria.

There is nothing secret about what the CIA does .. only Americans are blind to it.

Oh sure. But that is a far cry from claiming that al Qaeda is a CIA operation. That is silly.

BlackAsCoal
04-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Oh sure. But that is a far cry from claiming that al Qaeda is a CIA operation. That is silly.

No it isn't.

We train and support them with CIA-directed US taxpayer dollars .. and have been doing that since its days as the muhajadeen.

Yes, the picture is ugly.

ramone
04-29-2012, 10:27 AM
No it isn't.

We train and support them with CIA-directed US taxpayer dollars .. and have been doing that since its days as the muhajadeen.

There was a time that we did support and train them but that time is long gone now. If I'm not mistaken the reasoning behind that was to oust the Russians from Afgan land.

Peter1469
04-29-2012, 10:42 AM
No it isn't.

That is not the entire story.

During the Cold War it was in the national security interests of the US to support the enemies of the Soviet Union. We supported local resistance fighters. Saudi Arabia supported forgiven fighters like al Qaeda.

Mister D
04-29-2012, 11:00 AM

Yes, it is silly. The CIA was successful in Afghanistan during the 1980s. The bumpkins have to understand that there is no such thing as a perfect foreign policy and all actions have consequences. What these dopes really want is the complete disengagement of the US from the world.

ramone
04-29-2012, 08:00 PM
the complete disengagement of the US from the world.

Is that a bad thing D? Exactly what are we paying billions of dollars a year to these countries for, so they can use our money to kill us? Besides a few loyal countries we can count on then why not disengage from the rest of the blood suckers. Personally I'm all for it.

BlackAsCoal
04-30-2012, 09:56 AM
There was a time that we did support and train them but that time is long gone now. If I'm not mistaken the reasoning behind that was to oust the Russians from Afgan land.

Oh really ...

Khalifa Haftar: The CIA trained leader of Libya’s rebels – CNN
http://peripheralrevision.wordpress.com/2011/04/04/khalifa-haftar-the-cia-trained-leader-of-libyas-rebels-cnn/

CIA Operative Appointed to Run al-Qaeda Connected Libyan Rebels
http://www.infowars.com/cia-operative-appointed-to-run-al-qaeda-connected-libyan-rebels/

CIA Operatives are Aiding Rebels
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703712504576233252265978400.html

America's Libyan Rebels
http://www.twf.org/News/Y2011/0828-Rebels.html

Mounting evidence of CIA ties to Libyan rebels
http://wsws.org/articles/2011/apr2011/liby-a04.shtml

Libyan Rebel Commander Admits His Fighters Have Al-Qaeda Links!

The CIA’s Libya Rebels: The Same Terrorists who Killed US, NATO Troops in Iraq

http://socioecohistory.wordpress.com/2011/03/30/libyan-rebel-commander-admits-his-fighters-have-al-qaeda-links-cia-operative-appointed-to-run-al-qaeda-connected-libyan-rebels/

It isn't the first time the CIA has tried to oust Gaddafi using terrorists

350 Libyans Trained to Oust Qaddafi Are to Come to U.S.
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/05/17/world/350-libyans-trained-to-oust-qaddafi-are-to-come-to-us.html?scp=3&sq=libya&st=nyt

This is a truth known to all the world .. which is why NATO and the UN have been prevented from taking any action in Syria.