PDA

View Full Version : This is concise and I agree with it about ISIS/all the terrorists

texan
08-22-2014, 03:18 PM
This is a multi-generational issue, with an ideological opponent that has to be fought.

I also believe Bush & Chaney were right. Yes they will strike again its only a matter of time, but we can limit it by fighting them over there so we won't have to fight them over here.

I don't think this is right "The world is less violent than it has ever been." June 2014 Obama

Peter1469
08-22-2014, 04:26 PM
link doesn't work

Alyosha
08-22-2014, 04:29 PM
link doesn't work

His plan doesn't work.

Common Sense
08-22-2014, 04:33 PM
While the current conflict(s) in the middle east are bad, Obama was right in calling this practically the most peaceful time in human history.

darroll
08-22-2014, 04:56 PM
is-is wants us all dead.

Alyosha
08-22-2014, 05:00 PM
Go USA

http://www.thebinge.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/tumblr_mitvk1iX711s1nbfmo1_500.gif

donttread
08-22-2014, 07:58 PM
This is a multi-generational issue, with an ideological opponent that has to be fought.

I also believe Bush & Chaney were right. Yes they will strike again its only a matter of time, but we can limit it by fighting them over there so we won't have to fight them over here.

I don't think this is right "The world is less violent than it has ever been." June 2014 Obama

Of course they will because we keep fucking with them. It's that simple. They aren't born with an abstract hatred of freedom .

Alyosha
08-22-2014, 08:03 PM
Of course they will because we keep fucking with them. It's that simple. They aren't born with an abstract hatred of freedom .

Edit:

Private Pickle
08-22-2014, 08:07 PM
While the current conflict(s) in the middle east are bad, Obama was right in calling this practically the most peaceful time in human history.

:undecided:

Peter1469
08-22-2014, 08:56 PM

Militant Islam is antithetical to freedom.

donttread
08-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Militant Islam is antithetical to freedom.

Did radical Islam ever attack America before 1953?

donttread
08-22-2014, 10:08 PM
Edit:

What?

Peter1469
08-22-2014, 10:20 PM

How do you define radical Islam.

The Barbary pirates attacked US merchant vessels and enslaved US citizens. The US paid tribute to them for a while. Jefferson called b.s. on that and sent the Navy and US Marines after them. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Barbary_War)

"From the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli."

The Tripoli part is the Barbary pirates thing.

Redrose
08-22-2014, 10:46 PM

No, because they knew the US would blow them up. We've become wusses, and they are not afraid of us. They only thing they respect is strength. Little Barry pumping two pound weights looking like a spastic stork, doesn't make anybody shake in their boots.....or sandals.

They're pushing the envelope, taunting us, waiting to see just how much they can get away with before we actually get the balls to wipe them out. The longer we procrastinate, the stronger they get, the bolder they get, the bigger they get. Before we know it, we'll be dealing with them here, and then you'll hear the old chant "why didn't our government stop them" or "who let this happen".

We're being much too naive to think it can't happen here, in our streets.

texan
08-22-2014, 11:09 PM
His plan doesn't work.

What plan have I suggested genius since you seem to know it? And while you are answering that explain our current strategy and expand on Hillary's comment that don't be stupid is not a strategy.

Bet you can't and won't.

You might notice the post was about defining the problem.

Peter1469
08-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Your (non) plan in the OP.

There is no plan there.

What plan have I suggested genius since you seem to know it? And while you are answering that explain our current strategy and expand on Hillary's comment that don't be stupid is not a strategy.

Bet you can't and won't.

You might notice the post was about defining the problem.

protectionist
08-22-2014, 11:38 PM

Is that intended to be a joke ? (couldn't be serious)

protectionist
08-22-2014, 11:42 PM

No they acquire a real hatred of everything non-Muslim, after being taught by jihadists, and reading the Koran. It's THAT simple.

donttread
08-23-2014, 07:34 AM
No, because they knew the US would blow them up. We've become wusses, and they are not afraid of us. They only thing they respect is strength. Little Barry pumping two pound weights looking like a spastic stork, doesn't make anybody shake in their boots.....or sandals.

They're pushing the envelope, taunting us, waiting to see just how much they can get away with before we actually get the balls to wipe them out. The longer we procrastinate, the stronger they get, the bolder they get, the bigger they get. Before we know it, we'll be dealing with them here, and then you'll hear the old chant "why didn't our government stop them" or "who let this happen".

We're being much too naive to think it can't happen here, in our streets.

Or because we weren't meddling in their internal politics in every way imaginable?

donttread
08-23-2014, 07:35 AM
How do you define radical Islam.

The Barbary pirates attacked US merchant vessels and enslaved US citizens. The US paid tribute to them for a while. Jefferson called b.s. on that and sent the Navy and US Marines after them. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Barbary_War)

"From the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli."

The Tripoli part is the Barbary pirates thing.

So then nothing betweem the late 100's and the 1950's? I wonder why that was?

Peter1469
08-23-2014, 07:37 AM
So then nothing betweem the late 100's and the 1950's? I wonder why that was?

I don't get your time frame.

Mainecoons
08-23-2014, 07:47 AM

It would seem so.

http://israelseen.com/2013/12/18/are-we-really-living-in-the-most-peaceful-time-in-human-history/

It just goes to show you that even a blind squirrel finds an acorn on occasion.

donttread
08-23-2014, 08:48 AM
I don't get your time frame.

LOL It was supposed to say Late 1700's

Mister D
08-23-2014, 08:58 AM
War took its next major blow with the dawn of the industrial-commercial revolution around 1815. The growth of industry and international trade made war less attractive by steadily increasing wealth, promoting economic interdependence, and allowing states to profit from foreign resources without the need to conquer territory, Gat says. He points out that in the past two centuries, humanity has seen the three by-far longest periods of peace between the great powers: 1815-1854, 1871-1914, and 1945 to the present.

That's exactly what the fin de siecle progressives were saying but the....

What hubris.