PDA

View Full Version : Another Right-Wing Meme Bites The Dust

Cigar
08-25-2014, 10:42 AM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/140825-and-another-right-wing-meme-bites-the-dust.jpg

"Disconnected Obama" Meme An Example of the Lying Corporate Media
President Obama has taken far less vacation time than either Dubya or Reagan. This fact should put an end to the idea that President Obama is playing hooky and ignoring the demands of office. Yet, here is the Washington Post pushing this false meme with no mention of the fact that both Dubya and Reagan took far more vacation time than President Obama. Indeed, if you were to use vacation time as the measuring stick of greatness, than Carter who took only 79 vacation days would be seen as superior to Reagan who took a whopping 335 days of vacation. Nonetheless, WaPo happily pushes this propaganda without any context of facts that would allow its readers to make an informed judgment.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/disconnected-obama-needs-to-change-conversation-to-help-party-in-midterms/2014/08/24/79883b48-2b9b-11e4-994d-202962a9150c_story.html

For the record, here are the totals:

President Barack Obama as of Friday has spent all or part of 138 days on vacation, less time away from the White House than his predecessors. Here’s a look at how they compare. The totals exclude trips to the Camp David presidential retreat in Maryland mountains.

GEORGE W. BUSH: During eight years in the White House, spent all or part of 490 days at his ranch in Crawford, Texas.
BILL CLINTON: During two terms in office, used all or part of 174 days for vacation. Of those, 100 days were summers either in Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts, or Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
RONALD REAGAN: During two terms, spent all or part of 349 days at his ranch in Santa Barbara, California.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/many-vacation-days-u-s-presidents-take/

SO much for the Lies about President Obama Vacations

keymanjim
08-25-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm making a general response to this thread to point out that you've already lost the argument.
Details as to how this was done would be wasted on you.

Chris
08-25-2014, 10:51 AM
Hell, I wish he'd take more vacation days.

Cigar
08-25-2014, 10:57 AM

Better luck next time ... better start finding more people who vote Republican :grin:

keymanjim
08-25-2014, 11:00 AM
His vacations cost us too much. Let's just fire his useless ass.

Chris
08-25-2014, 11:05 AM
Better luck next time ... better start finding more people who vote Republican :grin:

Why when I don't? I generally dislike Dems and Reps, the Donkephant.

Chris
08-25-2014, 11:06 AM

One way or the other, the less he does the better. The less any politician does, the better for that matter.

Cigar
08-25-2014, 11:13 AM

Ok ... when you going do something? :laugh:

Cthulhu
08-25-2014, 11:21 AM
I like all politicians better when they are on vacation - it means they are not working.

del
08-25-2014, 11:22 AM
central air conditioning was the death knell of the republic.

Cigar
08-25-2014, 11:23 AM
So I'm glad we now all agree, Obama hasn't taken more Vacations than any GOP President :thumbsup:

keymanjim
08-25-2014, 12:15 PM
So I'm glad we now all agree, Obama hasn't taken more Vacations than any GOP President :thumbsup:
Only more expensive ones.

The Sage of Main Street
08-25-2014, 01:00 PM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/140825-and-another-right-wing-meme-bites-the-dust.jpg

"Disconnected Obama" Meme An Example of the Lying Corporate Media

President Obama has taken far less vacation time than either Dubya or Reagan. This fact should put an end to the idea that President Obama is playing hooky and ignoring the demands of office. Yet, here is the Washington Post pushing this false meme with no mention of the fact that both Dubya and Reagan took far more vacation time than President Obama. Indeed, if you were to use vacation time as the measuring stick of greatness, than Carter who took only 79 vacation days would be seen as superior to Reagan who took a whopping 335 days of vacation. Nonetheless, WaPo happily pushes this propaganda without any context of facts that would allow its readers to make an informed judgment.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/disconnected-obama-needs-to-change-conversation-to-help-party-in-midterms/2014/08/24/79883b48-2b9b-11e4-994d-202962a9150c_story.html

President Barack Obama as of Friday has spent all or part of 138 days on vacation, less time away from the White House than his predecessors. Here’s a look at how they compare. The totals exclude trips to the Camp David presidential retreat in Maryland mountains.

GEORGE W. BUSH: During eight years in the White House, spent all or part of 490 days at his ranch in Crawford, Texas.
BILL CLINTON: During two terms in office, used all or part of 174 days for vacation. Of those, 100 days were summers either in Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts, or Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
RONALD REAGAN: During two terms, spent all or part of 349 days at his ranch in Santa Barbara, California.

SO much for the Lies about President Obama Vacations GOPers pwned again. It would be so nice for them if facts didn't get in the way.

Cigar
08-25-2014, 01:03 PM
GOPers pwned again. It would be so nice for them if facts didn't get in the way.

It has nothing to do with his Vacations, they wouldn't like if he never took them. :rollseyes:

Mainecoons
08-25-2014, 01:05 PM
It's always fun to watch Cigar trying to equate Bush's working vacations with Obama's high dollar golfing ones.

I can understand where you come from, Ciggie, since you spend your work days playing on this board. Ever think of golfing more?

Cigar
08-25-2014, 01:09 PM
It's always fun to watch Cigar trying to equate Bush's working vacations with Obama's high dollar golfing ones.

I can understand where you come from, Ciggie, since you spend your work days playing on this board. Ever think of golfing more?

Maybe you should try owning your on businesses and selling some property :laugh:

Chris
08-25-2014, 02:43 PM
It has nothing to do with his Vacations, they wouldn't like if he never took them. :rollseyes:

Bush Jr took them and I didn't like his policies either.

Let's see if you can invent a reason for that.

Venus
08-25-2014, 03:26 PM

Cigar
08-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Bush Jr took them and I didn't like his policies either.

Let's see if you can invent a reason for that.

His didn't have any policies on his inauguration night January 20th 2009 ... he just happened to be the wrong Color :laugh:

Matty
08-25-2014, 04:46 PM
He could only dream of a father! Not our fault.

Cigar
08-25-2014, 04:47 PM
He could only dream of a father! Not our fault.

Number 44 forever :grin:

Matty
08-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Number 44 forever :grin:
Worst ever forever!

Chris
08-25-2014, 04:56 PM
His didn't have any policies on his inauguration night January 20th 2009 ... he just happened to be the wrong Color :laugh:

Huh? Bush was inaugurated in 2009? Wrong color?

Cigar
08-25-2014, 04:56 PM
Worst ever forever!

I sure hope so, if he wasn't I'd be really pissed :laugh:

Cigar
08-25-2014, 04:57 PM
Huh? Bush was inaugurated in 2009? Wrong color?

:huh:

birddog
08-25-2014, 05:40 PM
When Bush and Reagan spent time at their ranches, they actually spent much of their time working. Obama spends little time working when he's in DC! Then there's all the fund raising junkets that Obama would rather go on to avoid responsibility and work. There's no question that Bush and Reagan attended to our business far more that the worst president in our history, namely B. Hussein Obama!

Cigar
08-27-2014, 05:19 PM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/140827-about-those-vacation-days.jpg

Congress - Days In Session Calendars (http://thomas.loc.gov/home/ds/)

Obama Has Had Fewer Vacation Days In His Entire Presidency Than Congress Has This YearHere is a reality check for Republicans who keep complaining over President Obama’s vacations. President Obama has had fewer vacation days in the last six years than Congress will have in 2014.

According to CBS News Correspondent Mark Knoller, President Obama has spent 129 days of presidency on vacation. The Republican led House of Representatives was scheduled to be in session for only 124 days in all of 2014. This means that John Boehner and company will spend fewer days at work this year than President Obama has spent on vacation in his entire presidency. The numbers are actually worse when one considers that the House is only scheduled to work for 97 days between January and Election day in November. Members of the Senate, like Ted Cruz, have had nearly as many days off this year as the president has had since taking office.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/08/23/obama-vacation-days-entire-presidency-congress-year.html

"Disconnected Obama" Meme An Example of the Lying Corporate MediaPresident Obama has taken far less vacation time than either Dubya or Reagan. This fact should put an end to the idea that President Obama is playing hooky and ignoring the demands of office. Yet, here is the Washington Post pushing this false meme with no mention of the fact that both Dubya and Reagan took far more vacation time than President Obama. Indeed, if you were to use vacation time as the measuring stick of greatness, than Carter who took only 79 vacation days would be seen as superior to Reagan who took a whopping 335 days of vacation. Nonetheless, WaPo happily pushes this propaganda without any context of facts that would allow its readers to make an informed judgment.

Chris
08-27-2014, 05:21 PM
^^Good for Congress, the less they do the better!

zelmo1234
08-27-2014, 05:35 PM

Whebn he plays golf everyday when he is in town? why does he need vacation?

zelmo1234
08-27-2014, 05:36 PM
Maybe you should try owning your on businesses and selling some property :laugh:

I do, but once it stopped raining in MI I did not have the time to be on here everyday?

Mainecoons
08-27-2014, 06:06 PM
I think Cigar should hire out as a business consultant. Clearly he's got something figured out (The Equal Opportunity Feedbag?) that enables him to get rich while spending most of his time flame baiting on a message board.

I'm jealous, really. I'm not gettin' rich heyah!

:rofl: