PDA

View Full Version : We must and will become like the aliens

gophangover
04-30-2012, 07:55 AM
If humanity is going to get off this rock, we're going to have to figure out how those aliens in the UFOs do it. And with the rate of evolution, we should get it done in the next hundred years. In the past hundred years we've gone from the horse and buggy to the moon. In the next hundred years we should be on the next galaxy. If we're going to travel like an alien, we have to learn to think like one. Money and government probably don't exist in their reality. Sure seems like a long way to go to get to that point.

Conley
04-30-2012, 08:16 AM
I don't think we're going to get there in the next 100 years. Heck, how much progress have we made since the Moon landing almost 50 years ago?

gophangover
04-30-2012, 08:34 AM
I don't think we're going to get there in the next 100 years. Heck, how much progress have we made since the Moon landing almost 50 years ago?
Lots of progress, now everybody has Startrek communicators(cell phones). We can communicate face to face on our computers. DNA has been mapped. Heart transplants. The cons have attempted a regression in evolution with the "dumbing down of America" in education, but I think it's just a temporary setback. The GOP is destined to go the way of the dinosaurs.

Conley
04-30-2012, 08:41 AM
Oh, I don't deny there's been a lot of progress made in science. I just don't think we've made as much progress in space travel to the point where we can visit another galaxy in one hundred years.

"To get to the closest galaxy to ours, the Canis Major Dwarf, at Voyager's speed, it would take approximately 749,000,000 years to travel the distance of 25,000 light years! If we could travel at the speed of light, it would still take 25,000 years!"

http://heasarc.nasa.gov/docs/cosmic/nearest_galaxy_info.html

That is one long road trip!

gophangover
04-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Oh, I don't deny there's been a lot of progress made in science. I just don't think we've made as much progress in space travel to the point where we can visit another galaxy in one hundred years.

"To get to the closest galaxy to ours, the Canis Major Dwarf, at Voyager's speed, it would take approximately 749,000,000 years to travel the distance of 25,000 light years! If we could travel at the speed of light, it would still take 25,000 years!"

http://heasarc.nasa.gov/docs/cosmic/nearest_galaxy_info.html

That is one long road trip!

Like I said, we have to learn to think the way the aliens do. Their UFOs don't use fuel, they don't make any sound. It's more like time travel than space travel. Going from the Right Bros. propeller to rocket fuel took a different way of thinking. We will take another leap.

Conley
04-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Ah, yes with those distances it does make more sense to control time instead of speed. If we really max out at light speed using traditional methods 25,000 years is still way too long. Though I have thought that the most likely colonists will be in large, self contained ships that will see countless generations live and die on their way to another system (still within our galaxy).

gophangover
04-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Ah, yes with those distances it does make more sense to control time instead of speed. If we really max out at light speed using traditional methods 25,000 years is still way too long. Though I have thought that the most likely colonists will be in large, self contained ships that will see countless generations live and die on their way to another system (still within our galaxy).

"What is impossible for man is possible for God." Magic is just what science can't explain.

Peter1469
04-30-2012, 10:25 AM
I think we are close. I imagine we will have multiple colonies on the moon and Mars within a hundred years.

Conley
04-30-2012, 10:27 AM
I think we are close. I imagine we will have multiple colonies on the moon and Mars within a hundred years.

Yes but visiting other galaxies is...well, ok. I'd be happy with Moon and Mars colonies. That would be amazing. Of course they'll be Chinese and not American, but I'll take what I can get.

Peter1469
04-30-2012, 10:32 AM
No, without alien intervention I don't see us leaving our solar system for a while.

gophangover
04-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Yes but visiting other galaxies is...well, ok. I'd be happy with Moon and Mars colonies. That would be amazing. Of course they'll be Chinese and not American, but I'll take what I can get.

Going to the moon and Mars is a waste of money and time. We need to get to planets like this one. Water and air.

No, without alien intervention I don't see us leaving our solar system for a while.

When the aliens of the Mayan return on Dec. 21st there will be rapid change.

Conley
04-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Going to the moon and Mars is a waste of money and time. We need to get to planets like this one. Water and air.

Not if those moons and planets have energy sources and minerals that can be used not only here on Earth but also for further space exploration.

Peter1469
04-30-2012, 12:19 PM
The moon and Mars have the resources to eliminate our economic problems.

Just think, all of the silly liberals could actually afford their cradle to grave programs.

gophangover
04-30-2012, 12:34 PM
The moon and Mars have the resources to eliminate our economic problems.

So does Marijuana and it's already here.

Peter1469
04-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Dude, that is pennies compared to hydrogen-3 and all of the heavy metals.

gophangover
04-30-2012, 12:50 PM
Dude, that is pennies compared to hydrogen-3 and all of the heavy metals.

Not compared to the cost of getting that stuff back here from Mars. By the time you figure out how and get it done, pot will have paid off the debt.

Peter1469
04-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Not compared to the cost of getting that stuff back here from Mars. By the time you figure out how and get it done, pot will have paid off the debt.

You have a valid point about the costs of space travel. Those costs will come done.

You do not have a valid point about pot paying off the debt. To make the amount of money needed to pay off the debt, we need an economic game-changer.

gophangover
04-30-2012, 04:43 PM
You have a valid point about the costs of space travel. Those costs will come done.

You do not have a valid point about pot paying off the debt. To make the amount of money needed to pay off the debt, we need an economic game-changer.
Just take the whole GDP for a year under emanate domain.

Peter1469
04-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Just take the whole GDP for a year under emanate domain.

Where does eminent domain come from?

gophangover
05-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Where does eminent domain come from?

I think it started when they were building the railroads.

Sultan
06-04-2012, 05:32 PM
:angel7:

Goldie Locks
06-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Lots of progress, now everybody has Startrek communicators(cell phones). We can communicate face to face on our computers. DNA has been mapped. Heart transplants. The cons have attempted a regression in evolution with the "dumbing down of America" in education, but I think it's just a temporary setback. The GOP is destined to go the way of the dinosaurs.

Liberals run the DOE and are mostly the teachers in the unions....liberals have dumbed down America, not the cons. Most cons home school. Wouldn't let their kids in that cesspool of public schools run by the government.

MMC
06-04-2012, 07:41 PM

When the aliens of the Mayan return on Dec. 21st there will be rapid change.

The Moon and Mars has Water. Also there is a Moon around Saturn that has Water. Plus now we have found Keplar 22 looks just like Earth and is even larger. Has Water and may have an oxygen based atmosphere. :satellite:

Deadwood
06-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Being an alien, I'd say that would be a mistake. Stay here.....we don't want you....

wingrider
06-05-2012, 01:29 AM
unless we learn how to bend the space / time continuim we will never travel outside of our system,, it is doubtful we can survive a faster than light speed velocity, but by bending space you could travel millions of miles in seconds..

MMC
06-05-2012, 06:36 AM
unless we learn how to bend the space / time continuim we will never travel outside of our system,, it is doubtful we can survive a faster than light speed velocity, but by bending space you could travel millions of miles in seconds..

Been studying some quantum physics have we? Know about those quantum leaps.....eh? What happens if we find some dilithium crystals? :tongue:

wingrider
06-05-2012, 07:06 PM
smart ass

MMC
06-05-2012, 07:34 PM
smart ass

Beam Me Up Scottie.....:spacecraft: :wink:

wingrider
06-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie.....:spacecraft: :wink: nope consider yourself morooned.

MMC
06-05-2012, 08:03 PM
nope consider yourself morooned.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4836971270570331&pid=1.1

Now do you really want to leave me on a World.....with humanoid females where I will certainly create some in my image, and then have a whole Planet Worshipping me as a GOD. :evil: :laugh:

wingrider
06-05-2012, 08:16 PM
yep and when they turn on you like they did zeus,, you can always say............. WTF

MMC
06-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Why of course.....with only minor damage to the planet. Not to mention giving them a little push technological-wise. Just think in a blink of the eye, you will have to share those heavens before ya really wants to. They will become scattered all over the place. Like a virus they will keep spreading. Sure ya still wants to leave me?:wink:

wingrider
06-05-2012, 08:23 PM
yep... serves ya right to be the cause of the downfall of the entire galaxy... so much for insignificant little rebellion.

MMC
06-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Good thing I picked the planet with the only resource that cannot be destroyed. Thas right brutha.....Gold. You'll be back, trust me. :laugh:

wingrider
06-05-2012, 08:29 PM
lmao..