PDA

View Full Version : Question for Conservatives ... If the GOP Wins in 2015

Cigar
08-26-2014, 12:42 PM
What exactly are the issues imported to Republicans for Growing a Economy?

After all, their Job will be Governing fro all The People of America

1) Voting Restrictions isn't going to grow an economy

2) Abortion Restrictions isn't going to grow an economy

3) Marriage Restrictions isn't going to grow an economy

4) More Wars isn't going to grow an economy

5) Cutting more Government Programs again isn't going to grow an economy

So ... are they just going to all go home and let Government collapse on it's own because they don't like Government?

Libhater
08-26-2014, 12:51 PM
First of all it isn't 'if' the Republicans are going to win in 2015...its that they are going to win in 2015. I'll leave the actual policies to overcome this dreadful Obama demise (tanking of our nation) to the Republicans once they arrive in office. So many Capitalist plans to implement with but a couple of months to go before we get the see the positive results.

donttread
08-26-2014, 01:00 PM

Why would a true conservative think the republicans would be any better than the democrats

So ... are they just going to all go home and let Government collapse on it's own because they don't like Government?

Cigar
08-26-2014, 01:02 PM
I would like to know "Exactly" what Republicans are going to to "DO" to Build a failing infrastructure, put people to work and grow the economy?

Cigar
08-26-2014, 01:11 PM
... yea ... it is easier to just Bitch and Complain about people who are doing something :wink:

Matty
08-26-2014, 01:13 PM
I would like to know "Exactly" what Republicans are going to to "DO" to Build a failing infrastructure, put people to work and grow the economy?
You are too dense to get it if you were told. Too fucking full of the kool aid.

Cigar
08-26-2014, 01:14 PM
You are too dense to get it if you were told. Too fucking full of the kool aid.

Got it, nothing to add

Chris
08-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Two misconceptions: One, that Republican implies conservative. Two, that governments grow economies.

Matty
08-26-2014, 01:18 PM
The better question is why have the liberals been such a failure at growing the economy?

Cigar
08-26-2014, 01:19 PM
Two misconceptions: One, that Republican implies conservative. Two, that governments grow economies.

So Obama isn't to blame for the economy?

Cigar
08-26-2014, 01:19 PM
The better question is why have the liberals been such a failure at growing the economy?

The question is what the GOP would do different ... don't dodge the question

Chris
08-26-2014, 01:24 PM
So Obama isn't to blame for the economy?

I didn't say governments don't screw up economies. They do. Bush took us into the Great Recession, and Obama has prolonged it. Much like Hoover and FDR.

Cigar
08-26-2014, 01:26 PM
I didn't say governments don't screw up economies. They do. Bush took us into the Great Recession, and Obama has prolonged it. Much like Hoover and FDR.

So Obama Prolonged with what policy?

Cigar
08-26-2014, 01:27 PM
Is there a reason why no one is jumping right in and saying what the GOP should be "doing" different?

Chris
08-26-2014, 01:30 PM

The "it" in my post refers to the recession.

Policies? We could start with Bush, Obama and McCain sitting down together to save the economy.

http://i.snag.gy/fdcd5.jpg

Chris
08-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Is there a reason why no one is jumping right in and saying what the GOP should be "doing" different?

What it should do different is nothing, do nothing, that would be different.

Mainecoons
08-26-2014, 01:39 PM
If the Republicans "win" in 2015, very little will change. It is impossible for a government that operates at the whim of a populace nearly half of whom are getting checks in one form or another from said government, to reform itself.

Collapse of some sort, likely fiscal, will be required to create the momentum for change. History tells us that rarely does the change that results from upheaval end up being positive. I would expect that when the Argentine-style fiscal collapse from the Argentine-style fiscal policies of the BushObama regime shows up, the result will be some form of military dictatorship.

Cigar
08-26-2014, 02:00 PM

Policies? We could start with Bush, Obama and McCain sitting down together to save the economy.

Are you saying doing nothing would have been better?

Cigar
08-26-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm still not hearing what YOUR Political Party would do "different" ... other than Bitch and Complain

Matty
08-26-2014, 02:03 PM
I'm still not hearing what YOUR Political Party would do "different" ... other than Bitch and Complain
Because you don't wish to hear.

Peter1469
08-26-2014, 02:04 PM
Get out of the way and let the market correct itself.

And for god's sakes, stop bailing out the major banks that caused this mess. Or at least helped create it.

zelmo1234
08-26-2014, 02:05 PM
ter all, their Job will be Governing fro all The People of America

See I like it when you post stuff like this! It is something that one can answer

#1 Making elections fair and making sure that only legal American citizens are voting and only voting once is not going to grow the economy but it does restore faith in the government and that is going to be important with the hard choices that will need to be made quickly!

#2 & #3 are moral and States rights issues and go to restraining the power and scope of the US federal government.

Again this will not jump start the economy but does return the choice on these issues to the people, which of course is where it belongs as government never had a role in these issues. It also means that the Government will be able to save money by not wasting time and resources on these issues.

#4 War is good for Business someone needs to feed the troops, make the bombs and bullets clothing. the military industrial complex does grow sectors of the economy

#5 cutting back dramatically on the EPA and the DOE would not only cause economic growth but we could begin to educate the children and train them for the jobs that are available in their area. Close failing schools and see to it that kids are educated and have a real chance for success. This would massively grow the economy.

#6 the repeal of the ACA would free up hundreds of billions of dollars and those companies stuck on 49 employee's would quickly expand. not to mention adding 3% to the bottom line of most businesses

#7 end the 35% penalty for the re-patriotization of money made and taxed overseas would provide a 2 trillion dollar stimulus for the economy.

#8 reforming the corporate tax code would create over 5 million jobs almost overnight.

#9 closing the border and sending illegals back to there country would create 11 million job openings and save communities hundreds of billions each year

#10 creating enterprise zones would bring manufacturing back to the areas of the country that need jobs the most.

#11 energy exploration and the end of green energy subsidies would lower the cost of energy to the American people and put hundreds of thousands of people back to work in the high paying energy exploration field.

I know that this is hard for those that believe that government must provide, but getting the government out of the way will be the best thing for the country

Cigar
08-26-2014, 02:05 PM
Because you don't wish to hear.

Then put it in words :grin:

zelmo1234
08-26-2014, 02:07 PM

see my post cigar, I think that I laid it out fairly well

Cigar
08-26-2014, 02:08 PM
See I like it when you post stuff like this! It is something that one can answer

#1 Making elections fair and making sure that only legal American citizens are voting and only voting once is not going to grow the economy but it does restore faith in the government and that is going to be important with the hard choices that will need to be made quickly!

#2 & #3 are moral and States rights issues and go to restraining the power and scope of the US federal government.

Again this will not jump start the economy but does return the choice on these issues to the people, which of course is where it belongs as government never had a role in these issues. It also means that the Government will be able to save money by not wasting time and resources on these issues.

#4 War is good for Business someone needs to feed the troops, make the bombs and bullets clothing. the military industrial complex does grow sectors of the economy

#5 cutting back dramatically on the EPA and the DOE would not only cause economic growth but we could begin to educate the children and train them for the jobs that are available in their area. Close failing schools and see to it that kids are educated and have a real chance for success. This would massively grow the economy.

#6 the repeal of the ACA would free up hundreds of billions of dollars and those companies stuck on 49 employee's would quickly expand. not to mention adding 3% to the bottom line of most businesses

#7 end the 35% penalty for the re-patriotization of money made and taxed overseas would provide a 2 trillion dollar stimulus for the economy.

#8 reforming the corporate tax code would create over 5 million jobs almost overnight.

#9 closing the border and sending illegals back to there country would create 11 million job openings and save communities hundreds of billions each year

#10 creating enterprise zones would bring manufacturing back to the areas of the country that need jobs the most.

#11 energy exploration and the end of green energy subsidies would lower the cost of energy to the American people and put hundreds of thousands of people back to work in the high paying energy exploration field.

I know that this is hard for those that believe that government must provide, but getting the government out of the way will be the best thing for the country

I really do hope the next GOP Presidential Candidate has that clearly stated n their platform. :wink:

zelmo1234
08-26-2014, 02:09 PM

Higher taxes on corporations and small business

the ACA

EPA carbon regulations and the regulations on the coal, oil and natural gas industry. Subsidies and regulations for the banks and green energy.

prolonging the time for unemployment and easing the disability rules as well as ending welfare.

Those are a start

Chris
08-26-2014, 02:09 PM

As you can see, he doesn't know what to do with responses.

zelmo1234
08-26-2014, 02:10 PM

Yes I was not here!

Cigar
08-26-2014, 02:11 PM

Who's paying for the Infrastructure Upgrades?

A simple background check, just like Thousands Business do everyday can secure Voting.

Corporations are not people.

If we're asking people to die for their country, then their country should cover the health care of it's people.

zelmo1234
I really do hope the next GOP Presidential Candidate has that clearly stated n their platform. :wink:

So do I they will win by 20 points

NOW THAT YOU AHVE TAKEN THE BAIT CIGAR?

What exactly is the Democratic party going to do to grow the economy?

What is there plan

Cigar
Yes I was not here!

Well stop Fucking Around ... your people need you :laugh:

Mainecoons
08-26-2014, 02:12 PM
Make the stock market bubble bigger?

Mainecoons
08-26-2014, 02:14 PM
Obama want to raise taxes more. That's definitely a proven strategy for growing the economy, isn't it?

None of them have any answers because none of them want to really address the cause--too much bad government diverting and wasting too much wealth.

Matty
Well really Cede gar. If you answer mine you'd get the answer to yours. :)

zelmo1234
Who's paying for the Infrastructure Upgrades?

A simple background check, just like Thousands Business do everyday can secure Voting.

Corporations are not people.

If we're asking people to die for their country, then their country should cover the health care of it's people.

Taxes! look at what happened to revenue after the tax cuts of Kennedy, Reagan, and GWB there was a dramatic increase in revenue.

Also you cold end or suspend the prevailing wage laws and do more with less, also cutting the ACA, EPA and DOE will end hundreds of billions in wasted spending that would allow for more spending on infrastructure.

Also by lowering the price at the pump people will by cars that are not as energy efficient and that will create more revenue for the roads

zelmo1234
08-26-2014, 02:15 PM
Well stop Fucking Around ... your people need you :laugh:

And I will be behind a candidate that stresses these policies.

zelmo1234
08-26-2014, 02:16 PM
What was the Dem's plan again I seem to have missed it!

Cigar
08-26-2014, 02:17 PM
Taxes! look at what happened to revenue after the tax cuts of Kennedy, Reagan, and GWB there was a dramatic increase in revenue.

Also you cold end or suspend the prevailing wage laws and do more with less, also cutting the ACA, EPA and DOE will end hundreds of billions in wasted spending that would allow for more spending on infrastructure.

Also by lowering the price at the pump people will by cars that are not as energy efficient and that will create more revenue for the roads

Yea ... they sure pissed it away fasted than it was coming in :laugh:

Matty
Higher taxes on corporations and small business

the ACA

EPA carbon regulations and the regulations on the coal, oil and natural gas industry. Subsidies and regulations for the banks and green energy.

prolonging the time for unemployment and easing the disability rules as well as ending welfare.

Those are a start
Cash for freaking clunkers! Was the start.

Cigar
What was the Dem's plan again I seem to have missed it!

All the ones The GOP said no to :grin:

Cigar
08-26-2014, 02:18 PM
Cash for freaking clunkers! Was the start.

I got rid of two :laugh:

Talon
08-26-2014, 02:19 PM

I'm sure the GOP, its reps and candidates have this stuff posted on their websites.

The fact is, the point of your question is moot as long as Obama is president. If it's not a tax hike based economic plan that expands the size, power and expense of government Obama will veto it.

Now, if the GOP wins in 2016 that's an entirely different matter. Obama's departure will inspire more confidence in businesses on its own and gutting ObamaCare and getting rid of Obama's tax hikes and over-regulation would be obvious places for the GOP to start.

PS. Cutting government programs such as ObamaCare will grow the economy. :wink:

Mainecoons
08-26-2014, 02:19 PM

That's a good photo of the Donkephant in action screwing up America. Without doubt, you would have to look to Nero's Rome to find worse leadership than is sitting at that table.

zelmo1234
08-26-2014, 02:20 PM
Yea ... they sure pissed it away fasted than it was coming in :laugh:

Yes they did and then look at Obama he does not have it coming in and still is pissing it away?

What a peg to hang your hat on? I was the President that acquired more national debt in 8 years than all the other Presidents combined?

He will also be the first president to have fewer people in the workforce when he leaves office than when he started? You must be so proud

Cigar
08-26-2014, 02:23 PM
Yes they did and then look at Obama he does not have it coming in and still is pissing it away?

What a peg to hang your hat on? I was the President that acquired more national debt in 8 years than all the other Presidents combined?

He will also be the first president to have fewer people in the workforce when he leaves office than when he started? You must be so proud

Funny ... so how is the deficit going down

kilgram
08-26-2014, 02:23 PM
Policies of government can improve or not the economy. Policies of government affect to economy.

Cigar
08-26-2014, 02:27 PM
That's a good photo of the Donkephant in action screwing up America. Without doubt, you would have to look to Nero's Rome to find worse leadership than is sitting at that table.

Maybe you need a better "Get out the vote" program :grin:

2 Million is a huge gap to overcome

Bob
08-26-2014, 02:29 PM

The GOP won't do what was done to Detroit by the Democrats.

Redrose
08-26-2014, 02:38 PM

Killing Obamacare would be a good start. That's a money pit. The billions already wasted could have been used to fix our infrastructure. So no more waste there, use that saved money. By killing the ACA businesses would be unshackled from the oppressive mandates that bad law imposed in them, allowing them to expand and hire and stimulate the economy. Lower corporate taxes to make us competitive in the world again and not drive businesses to other lands. Lower individual taxes too, allowing us to keep more of our money to spend on what WE FEEL WE NEED. That keeps the wheels of industry turning.

To address the health insurance issue, both parties wanted pre-existing conditions covered, so that would not change. Scrapping the ACA and replacing it with a viable plan, with competitive plans available across all state lines, encouraging competition which lowers prices. A single payer increases prices, as we are seeing. Tort reform would help significantly in keeping premiums lower, taking the waste and fraud of of the mix. Take the feds out of the healthcare business, giving it back to the states. The last thing we all need is the IRS controlling our intimate health issues and banking info.

We will always take care of our nations less fortunate, but not make welfare a permanent life style. If the race baiters would step out of the way, serious welfare reform could happen. The way it's structured now, it encourages women to keep having babies out of wedlock to get more money. It encourages the breakdown of a family unit, a home with no father figure.

Other social issues will evolve as our society changes. No one party will dictate those changes.

Cigar
08-26-2014, 02:39 PM
The GOP won't do what was done to Detroit by the Democrats.

How are those Balanced Budgets coming from all the GOP states who gave tax breaks to the rich :laugh:

Green Arrow
08-26-2014, 02:40 PM
Unfortunately, neither party has a coherent vision for America's future. It's all just about power and the status quo, which is why all our elections are 100% "I'm better than the other guy."

Cigar
08-26-2014, 02:40 PM
Killing Obamacare would be a good start. That's a money pit. The billions already wasted could have been used to fix our infrastructure. So no more waste there, use that saved money. By killing the ACA businesses would be unshackled from the oppressive mandates that bad law imposed in them, allowing them to expand and hire and stimulate the economy. Lower corporate taxes to make us competitive in the world again and not drive businesses to other lands. Lower individual taxes too, allowing us to keep more of our money to spend on what WE FEEL WE NEED. That keeps the wheels of industry turning.

To address the health insurance issue, both parties wanted pre-existing conditions covered, so that would not change. Scrapping the ACA and replacing it with a viable plan, with competitive plans available across all state lines, encouraging competition which lowers prices. A single payer increases prices, as we are seeing. Tort reform would help significantly in keeping premiums lower, taking the waste and fraud of of the mix. Take the feds out of the healthcare business, giving it back to the states. The last thing we all need is the IRS controlling our intimate health issues and banking info.

We will always take care of our nations less fortunate, but not make welfare a permanent life style. If the race baiters would step out of the way, serious welfare reform could happen. The way it's structured now, it encourages women to keep having babies out of wedlock to get more money. It encourages the breakdown of a family unit, a home with no father figure.

Other social issues will evolve as our society changes. No one party will dictate those changes.

How much did Benghazi, IRS and over 50 Obamacare Votes cost ...

Oh wait ... can we now add the $500 per/hr Obama Law suite

Bob
08-26-2014, 02:46 PM
Unfortunately, neither party has a coherent vision for America's future. It's all just about power and the status quo, which is why all our elections are 100% "I'm better than the other guy."

Why don't you get it?

When you have Democrats promising to hand it all out, for free or next to free, and republicans call that BS, how do you win if you are a Republican?

Republicans really want smaller government and that includes much more than just workers. We want less government in our lives. And this includes rolling back a lof laws.

But so long as the Democrats promise chicken in every pot and new cars on the driveway, how can republicans win giving away a lot less?

Hopefully the dire straits of the budget and the poor economy will matter.

No third party has solutions. none voters plan to support.

Mainecoons
08-26-2014, 02:47 PM

No one is going to propose a coherent vision for the simple reason that things have gone so far out of kilter that a real solution requires draconian cuts in government and taxation and a massive reduction in the U.S. offensive military presence around the world. Heck if you just tried to restore Clinton's welfare reforms, can you imagine the outcry?

A coherent vision would require a 40 percent cut in government across the board, the end of deficits, the end of job killing regulations, a business tax policy that would be designed to undercut the rest of the world and suck business and jobs into the U.S. not the opposite that is occurring now, an end to money printing and piling up debt. The hardship that would have to be experienced to reset the system would bring the government down.

As long as the government can fabricate money and write checks, the electorate isn't going to support or stand still for real reform. You may as well speculate on who is going to win the Super Bowl (Hint: Not the PIC Redskins).

Bob, Bob, Bob. Do you think any of those Republicans at that table with Obama really want to cut back on government?

Matty
08-26-2014, 02:52 PM
Picture was photoshopped. President Bush didn't sit at the table with obummer making policy.

texan
08-26-2014, 02:53 PM
I Everything We Know Now About Mitt Romney's Economic Plan

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/romney-debate-economic-plan-2012-10?op=1#ixzz3BWn89LrA

I like these ideas, they are thoughtful. I am a believer that the regulations that the democrats put in place when they had the houses were overreaching and hurting economic growth. And before anyone reacts crazy I can understand why they are based on what had happened with the financial institutions. But this is a captialistic society and business' are out our life blood. We need to be smart and make it easier than it has become with some balance in areas we need protection. We need to make it easy to operate from here keeping them in teh USA. On one hand they say corporations are not people! Then when the corporation says I am moving to anither country because it makes teh corporation 10 million more a year the dems yell Corporations should think like people!

I think Romney understood these things.

Also, one think that will forever bother me about Obama and Biden is their tax returns and their complete lack of giving to the charities. It is a very telling sign about them. Then you find out 20 years ago Romney started arranging weekly milk deliveries to an old folk home who said that was their greatest need/weekly challenge. That is a telling sign about the man. I don't think Obama nor Biden are that great as people go and I think you are seeing that in their policies and it has us derailed. I think that they have a general lack of understanding on how good solid long lasting jobs are created.

I say these things because they are on my mind and I am willing to hear you out Cigar, if you are just looking to sling mud leave me out.

In addition, you are wrong about two of your points:
1. Wars create many many jobs, like it or not.
2. Restructuring government programs do make a difference in our economy jusy like when you tighten your belt at home for whatever reason. More cash means more good health.

Redrose
08-26-2014, 02:55 PM

A lot, I'm sure. We can't turn a blind eye to corruption in our highest office because of money. If that logic ruled, no trials would ever happen for anyone. I was a huge fan of Nixon but was glad to see him go given what we learned. I don't want any president, from any party, of any race be allowed to lie to the American people. That money for prosecution is a drop in the bucket compared to the waste we've seen in the past. We need to look forward now, not back. Get rid of the crooks, and try diligently to get us unified, as much as possible, and on the right path again.

We all have more that unites us than divides us. We need to build on that. Only bad politicians keep gnawing away with divisive issues to stir up strife and discontent. That serves no good. I feel President Obama has set race relations back to the sixties. He could have been one of the great ones, but decided to take the low road.

Green Arrow
Why don't you get it?

Because it's bullshit, Bob.

Cigar
HE lost ... but you can always run him again ...

Cigar
08-26-2014, 02:56 PM
A lot, I'm sure. We can't turn a blind eye to corruption in our highest office because of money. If that logic ruled, no trials would ever happen for anyone. I was a huge fan of Nixon but was glad to see him go given what we learned. I don't want any president, from any party, of any race be allowed to lie to the American people. That money for prosecution is a drop in the bucket compared to the waste we've seen in the past. We need to look forward now, not back. Get rid of the crooks, and try diligently to get us unified, as much as possible, and on the right path again.

We all have more that unites us than divides us. We need to build on that. Only bad politicians keep gnawing away with divisive issues to stir up strife and discontent. That serves no good. I feel President Obama has set race relations back to the sixties. He could have been one of the great ones, but decided to take the low road.

Time to get over the lose ... Obama isn't Running again ... stop whining

Green Arrow
08-26-2014, 02:57 PM
Picture was photoshopped. President Bush didn't sit at the table with obummer making policy.

He did when Obama was Senator...because, you know, that's what all Presidents do. In times of crisis, they sit down with leading members of the Senate and House.

Bob
08-26-2014, 03:10 PM

Since I spent from 1958 to 1967 in the Pile Drivers union, I want to add comments about infrastructure.

I can see where new highways in some areas would be good.

Let me try to describe how it works from a union man's view.

First, bridges take several skill sets. Depending on type, and soils below them, they probably need piles driven below them. When the bridge is concrete, Surveyors need to lay out the bridge. Pile drivers can then drive pilings. Concrete footings go on top of the piles. That takes steel workers. We poured concrete in pile driving on some jobs. The bridge made of concrete needs ironworkers to make up the "cages" that are inside the finished concrete products. Anyway, it is not as if we needed carpenters or plumbers and so on.

I saw a lot of highway laid. There they need operators to run all machines. Men who work with concrete do concrete roads. Asphalt workers work with those machines.

Anyway,the major point is that there are not that many skill sets to build highways and bridges. Some bridges need lights so they do bring in electricians.

And what happens when you finish that bridge and highway?

Crops produce jobs that keep recycling. So do factories. Office jobs are more permanent.

We need more workers paying taxes. But in the era of robots, you can't be all that certain a human will do the job.

As to Government creating jobs, only to the extent those projects are paid for by government.

Who recalls Obama's program to fix roads?

Well, those guys fixed them then got laid off.

Bob
08-26-2014, 03:11 PM
Because it's bullshit, Bob.

It is bullshit coming from you.

Bob
08-26-2014, 03:20 PM

President Bush was an inclusive President. When that photo was taken, it was just prior to the 2008 election. Bush brought in all of the people running for president from two parties. It was clear that it would be McCain or Obama as winner so he had them show up for this meeting.

Question is, will Obama do it when he is about out the door? We will watch and find out.

Redrose
08-26-2014, 03:29 PM
Time to get over the lose ... Obama isn't Running again ... stop whining Cigar

What whining? I read your posts and gave you serious, honest answers. I clearly said we must stop looking backwards and look forward, work to make things better.

Your last response is empty, non-responsive. I expected much more from you. You asked good, serious questions, apparently you really didn't want serious answers.

Cigar
08-26-2014, 03:33 PM
@Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294)

What whining? I read your posts and gave you serious, honest answers. I clearly said we must stop looking backwards and look forward, work to make things better.

Your last response is empty, non-responsive. I expected much more from you. You asked good, serious questions, apparently you really didn't want serious answers.

Winning is me having the Pleasure of me Reading the Constant Whining and Bitching from The Right.

IT's my World Series, Super Bowl, NBA Championship and Stanley Cup all rolled up into one.

http://net.archbold.k12.oh.us/ahs/web_class/Spring_11/MichaelJordan_Velez/Images/MichaelJordanSixFingers.jpg (http://net.archbold.k12.oh.us/ahs/web_class/Spring_11/MichaelJordan_Velez/Championships.html)

Cigar
08-26-2014, 03:35 PM
@Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294)

Zelmo is the only one who came close to trying

Redrose
08-26-2014, 03:47 PM
Winning is me having the Pleasure of me Reading the Constant Whining and Bitching from The Right.

IT's my World Series, Super Bowl, NBA Championship and Stanley Cup all rolled up into one.

http://net.archbold.k12.oh.us/ahs/web_class/Spring_11/MichaelJordan_Velez/Images/MichaelJordanSixFingers.jpg (http://net.archbold.k12.oh.us/ahs/web_class/Spring_11/MichaelJordan_Velez/Championships.html)

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. Do you truly approve of what Obama has done and is doing? If you are middle class or better, he's hurting you.

I believe we citizens have the right to criticize our politicians. Many on the left criticize Bush 43. Fine, they don't approve of his views, actions.

Same for Obama, many, on both sides, are critical of his actions. No one president will make everyone happy. Some have been better than others.

Professor Peabody
08-26-2014, 03:53 PM

Summary of Jobs Bills Stalled in the Senate

The “Forgotten Fifteen”

1) H.R. 872—Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act:
2) H.R. 910—Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011:
3) H.J.Res. 37—Disapproving the rule submitted by the Federal Communications Commission with respect to regulating the Internet and broadband industry practices:
4) H.R. 1230—Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act:
5) H.R. 1229—Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act:
6) H.R. 1231—Reversing President Obama's Offshore Moratorium Act:
7) H.R. 2021—The Jobs and Energy Permitting Act of 2011:
8) H.R. 2018—Clean Water Cooperative Federalism Act of 2011:
9) H.R. 1315—Consumer Financial Protection & Soundness Improvement Act:
10) H.R. 1938— North American-Made Energy Security Act:
11) H.R. 2587—Protecting Jobs From Government Interference Act:
12) H.R. 2401—Transparency In Regulatory Analysis Of Impacts On The Nation:
13) H.R. 2681—Cement Sector Regulatory Relief Act:
14) H.R. 2250—EPA Regulatory Relief Act:
15) H.R. 2273—Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act:

And Still Counting…

16) H.R. 2433—Veterans Opportunity to Work Act:
17) H.R. 674—To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the imposition of 3 percent withholding on certain payments made to vendors by government entities:
18) H.Con.Res. 34—Budget for Fiscal Year 2012:

http://www.gop.gov/policy-news/11/10/27/summary-of-jobs-bills-stalled

The first 15 bills are designed to reduce Government Red Tape and allow businesses to grow and hire more people are already in Harry "Do Nothing" Reid's hands.

Matty
08-26-2014, 03:54 PM
He did when Obama was Senator...because, you know, that's what all Presidents do. In times of crisis, they sit down with leading members of the Senate and House.
Except for obummer. He won't have a thing to do with congress. He prefers to be King.

Peter1469
08-26-2014, 03:57 PM
The Senate hasn't acted on numerous job bills.

Cigar
08-26-2014, 03:57 PM
http://i1.huffpost.com/gen/694053/thumbs/r-BOEHNER-CANTOR-REPUBLICANS-JOBS-large570.jpg
A mix of economists told The Huffington Post that the House GOP's jobs package does next to nothing for job creation. | AP

House Republicans routinely beat the drum about the hard work they have done in passing "more than 30 jobs bills" that are now before the Democrat-controlled Senate, going nowhere, as the economy gasps for air.
For almost a year, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) have plugged their jobs package at every opportunity. They regularly bring it up at press events, during floor speeches and in statements in response to just about anything related to the economy. Boehner even carries around (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/24/john-boehner-gop-jobs-bills-2012-election_n_1298859.html)in his jacket pocket a 4-by-8-inch card that lists off their jobs bills, and he encourages his members to flash their cards at campaign events.
"President [Barack] Obama and Democrats here in Congress have shown us what doesn't work: more government, more spending, more taxes don't create more jobs," Boehner said at a recent weekly briefing. "We've passed more than 30 jobs bills, including bipartisan bills expanding energy production and projects like the Keystone pipeline."

"A lot of these things are laughable in terms of a jobs plan that would produce noticeable improvements across the country in the availability of employment in the next four or five years," said Gary Burtless, a senior economist at Brookings. "Even in the long run, if they have any effect all, it would be extremely marginal, relative to the jobs deficit we currently have."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/24/republican-jobs-bills_n_1687647.html

:rollseyes:

texan
08-26-2014, 03:59 PM
We Would Be Better Off Had Romney Been PresidentBy Luigi ZingalesSep 23, 2012 5:30 PM CT0 Comments (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-23/we-would-be-better-off-had-romney-been-president.html#disqus_thread)Email (?body=The%20U.S.%20economy%20has%20improved%20und er%20President%20Barack%20Obama.%20But%20by%20all% 20the%20measures%20Democrats%20use%2C%20Americans% 20would%20be%20better%20off%20today%20if%20Mitt%20 Romney%20had%20led%20the%20country%20for%20the%20p ast%20four%20years.%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fbloom.bg%2FS eVmqd&subject=Bloomberg%20News%3A%20We%20Would%20Be%20Be tter%20Off%20Had%20Romney%20Been%20President)Print (http://thepoliticalforums.com/news/print/2012-09-23/we-would-be-better-off-had-romney-been-president.html)Speed

Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fnews %2F2012-09-23%2Fwe-would-be-better-off-had-romney-been-president.html)
Twitter (https://twitter.com/share?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbloom.bg%2FSeVmqd&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fnews%2F2 012-09-23%2Fwe-would-be-better-off-had-romney-been-president.html&via=BloombergNews&text=We%20Would%20Be%20Better%20Off%20Had%20Romney %20Been%20President%20By%20Luigi%20Zingales%20Sep% 2023%2C%202012%205%3A30%20PM%20CT%200...)
Google+ (https://plus.google.com/share?hl=en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fnews%2F2012-09-23%2Fwe-would-be-better-off-had-romney-been-president.html)
LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?mini=true&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fnews%2F2012-09-23%2Fwe-would-be-better-off-had-romney-been-president.html&title=We+Would+Be+Better+Off+Had+Romney+Been+Presi dent&summary=The+U.S.+economy+has+improved+under+Presid ent+Barack+Obama.+But+by+all+the+measures+Democrat s+use%2C+Americans+would+be+better+off+today+if+Mi tt+Romney+had+led+the+country+for+the+past+four+ye ars.&source=Bloomberg.com)
Email (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#)Print (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#)

Save
[/URL]

The U.S. economy (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#) has improved under President Barack Obama (http://topics.bloomberg.com/barack-obama/). But by all the measures Democrats use, Americans would be better off today if Mitt Romney (http://topics.bloomberg.com/mitt-romney/) had led the country for the past four years.
The Democrats are substantially right when they answerRonald Reagan (http://topics.bloomberg.com/ronald-reagan/)’s famous campaign question -- Are you better off today than you were four years ago? -- in the affirmative. Gross domestic product per person is higher, and so is the stock market (http://thepoliticalforums.com/quote/SPX:IND). It’s not fair to blame Obama for the surge in unemployment that occurred in the first six months of his administration. Even this statistic (http://thepoliticalforums.com/quote/USURTOT:IND) has improved since August 2009.
The question, however, is the wrong one. No matter how powerful and skillful a president may be, he is not omnipotent. Obama is not responsible for the economic mess he found when he took over as president, as Franklin Delano Roosevelt (http://topics.bloomberg.com/franklin-delano-roosevelt/) was not responsible for Pearl Harbor (http://topics.bloomberg.com/pearl-harbor/). A president should be judged for his ability to play the cards he has been dealt, not for his luck (or lack thereof).
Heading into November’s election, voters should be asking which president would have done a better job with the cards Obama was dealt. Although such hypothetical questions are hard to answer, a quick look at the record suggests the winner would be Romney.

[URL]http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-23/we-would-be-better-off-had-romney-been-president.html

Cigar
08-26-2014, 03:59 PM
When De-Fund Obamacare is in every GOP Jobs Bill ... you can say Fuck the Jobs Bill

http://g-linenationwear.com/assets/NO%20PORK%20ON%20MY%20FORK%20piv.jpg (http://g-linenationwear.com/enlargedviewproductinfo%20no%20pork%20on%20my%20fo rk%20T%20SHIRT.htm)

Cigar
08-26-2014, 04:00 PM
We Would Be Better Off Had Romney Been PresidentBy Luigi ZingalesSep 23, 2012 5:30 PM CT0 Comments (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-23/we-would-be-better-off-had-romney-been-president.html#disqus_thread)EmailPrint (http://thepoliticalforums.com/news/print/2012-09-23/we-would-be-better-off-had-romney-been-president.html)Speed

Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fnews %2F2012-09-23%2Fwe-would-be-better-off-had-romney-been-president.html)
Twitter (https://twitter.com/share?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbloom.bg%2FSeVmqd&counturl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fnews%2F2 012-09-23%2Fwe-would-be-better-off-had-romney-been-president.html&via=BloombergNews&text=We Would Be Better Off Had Romney Been President By Luigi Zingales Sep 23%2C 2012 5%3A30 PM CT 0...)
Google+ (https://plus.google.com/share?hl=en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fnews%2F2012-09-23%2Fwe-would-be-better-off-had-romney-been-president.html)
LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?mini=true&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bloomberg.com%2Fnews%2F2012-09-23%2Fwe-would-be-better-off-had-romney-been-president.html&title=We+Would+Be+Better+Off+Had+Romney+Been+Presi dent&summary=The+U.S.+economy+has+improved+under+Presid ent+Barack+Obama.+But+by+all+the+measures+Democrat s+use%2C+Americans+would+be+better+off+today+if+Mi tt+Romney+had+led+the+country+for+the+past+four+ye ars.&source=Bloomberg.com)
Email (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#)Print (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#)

Save

The U.S. economy (http://topics.bloomberg.com/u.s.-economy/) has improved under President Barack Obama (http://topics.bloomberg.com/barack-obama/). But by all the measures Democrats use, Americans would be better off today if Mitt Romney (http://topics.bloomberg.com/mitt-romney/) had led the country for the past four years.
The Democrats are substantially right when they answerRonald Reagan (http://topics.bloomberg.com/ronald-reagan/)’s famous campaign question -- Are you better off today than you were four years ago? -- in the affirmative. Gross domestic product per person is higher, and so is the stock market (http://thepoliticalforums.com/quote/SPX:IND). It’s not fair to blame Obama for the surge in unemployment that occurred in the first six months of his administration. Even this statistic (http://thepoliticalforums.com/quote/USURTOT:IND) has improved since August 2009.
The question, however, is the wrong one. No matter how powerful and skillful a president may be, he is not omnipotent. Obama is not responsible for the economic mess he found when he took over as president, as Franklin Delano Roosevelt (http://topics.bloomberg.com/franklin-delano-roosevelt/) was not responsible for Pearl Harbor (http://topics.bloomberg.com/pearl-harbor/). A president should be judged for his ability to play the cards he has been dealt, not for his luck (or lack thereof).
Heading into November’s election, voters should be asking which president would have done a better job with the cards Obama was dealt. Although such hypothetical questions are hard to answer, a quick look at the record suggests the winner would be Romney.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-23/we-would-be-better-off-had-romney-been-president.html

Well ... you Lost ... so GTFOI

keymanjim
08-26-2014, 04:02 PM
A mix of economists told The Huffington Post that the House GOP's jobs package does next to nothing for job creation. | AP

Yeah, I believe the huff-puff.
Bring the bills up for debate and let the succeed or fail on their own. Don't just throw them away and accuse their authors of being obstructionists.
That's just pussy politics.

Professor Peabody
08-26-2014, 04:24 PM
When De-Fund Obamacare is in every GOP Jobs Bill ... you can say Fuck the Jobs Bill

http://g-linenationwear.com/assets/NO PORK ON MY FORK piv.jpg (http://g-linenationwear.com/enlargedviewproductinfo no pork on my fork T SHIRT.htm)

You'll need to prove that, or it safe to assume it typical bullshit.

zelmo1234
08-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Funny ... so how is the deficit going down

It is still going to be 200 billion higher than any of the Bush years. and NO 2009 was not a Bush year, unless 2001 was a Clinton year.

So if you explode the deficit to 4 times what it was, and then start to bring it back down that is not really reducing the deficit is it?

zelmo1234
08-26-2014, 08:17 PM
Maybe you need a better "Get out the vote" program :grin:

2 Million is a huge gap to overcome

I think that we could do well with a vote early and often program in the Suburbs that is for sure.

zelmo1234
08-26-2014, 08:19 PM
How are those Balanced Budgets coming from all the GOP states who gave tax breaks to the rich :laugh:

I don't know about all of them but in MI, IN, OH, WI and NJ they have turned huge deficits form the former Democratic Gov's into surpluses and the unemployment rate is finally coming down

Plus they have a lot more revenue.

zelmo1234
08-26-2014, 08:20 PM

What was the Democrats plan for the economy again? I forget?

Cigar
08-26-2014, 08:21 PM

Pull us out of a Depression ... and we're out.

NEXT

zelmo1234
08-26-2014, 08:22 PM
http://i1.huffpost.com/gen/694053/thumbs/r-BOEHNER-CANTOR-REPUBLICANS-JOBS-large570.jpgA mix of economists told The Huffington Post that the House GOP's jobs package does next to nothing for job creation. | AP

House Republicans routinely beat the drum about the hard work they have done in passing "more than 30 jobs bills" that are now before the Democrat-controlled Senate, going nowhere, as the economy gasps for air.
For almost a year, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) have plugged their jobs package at every opportunity. They regularly bring it up at press events, during floor speeches and in statements in response to just about anything related to the economy. Boehner even carries around (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/24/john-boehner-gop-jobs-bills-2012-election_n_1298859.html)in his jacket pocket a 4-by-8-inch card that lists off their jobs bills, and he encourages his members to flash their cards at campaign events.
"President [Barack] Obama and Democrats here in Congress have shown us what doesn't work: more government, more spending, more taxes don't create more jobs," Boehner said at a recent weekly briefing. "We've passed more than 30 jobs bills, including bipartisan bills expanding energy production and projects like the Keystone pipeline."

"A lot of these things are laughable in terms of a jobs plan that would produce noticeable improvements across the country in the availability of employment in the next four or five years," said Gary Burtless, a senior economist at Brookings. "Even in the long run, if they have any effect all, it would be extremely marginal, relative to the jobs deficit we currently have."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/24/republican-jobs-bills_n_1687647.html

:rollseyes:

What was the democrats plan again, I forget.

zelmo1234
08-26-2014, 08:24 PM

NEXT

We never were in a depression and we are not out of it.

We just cooked the books.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS11300000

zelmo1234
08-26-2014, 08:25 PM
Do now that that huge stimulus failed and green energy has failed,

What is their current plan?

donttread
08-27-2014, 06:50 AM

You seem to confuse modern republicans with conservatives

Jets
08-27-2014, 07:09 AM
If improving the economy is based on the model of increasing wealth from the bottom up, I would suggest implementing a Fair Tax with an increased prebate for lower incomes. Let people take home larger paychecks from the get go. Under income tax, the government gets the first cut. Why not let the government take the second cut based upon consumption. With people having more money to spend, the foundation can be formed.

IMHO

Mainecoons
08-27-2014, 07:59 AM

Raise taxes.
Pile regulations on.
Kill full time employment with ObamaCare.
Create stock market bubble and make the rich richer and everyone else poorer.
Continue with huge deficits.
Make a fool of the U.S. internationally.
Obsess over the "gay" two percent of the population while the rest of the country goes down the crapper.

Next question, Zelmo?

Mainecoons
08-27-2014, 08:03 AM
Forgot:

Stimulate the golf sector of the economy.

birddog
08-27-2014, 11:25 AM

NEXT

It was a Recession, and it has been the slowest recovery from one in the last 60 or so years.

Can you name one Obama program that has worked well when implemented? Getting off track and blaming Congress is not viable.

The slow recovery has been in spite of Obama rather than because of Obama's positive influence. Don't forget the SM crashed in the Fall of 08 when it became obvious to investors that Obama was going to be elected.

The Wash
08-27-2014, 12:08 PM

DOD is a government program. Do you want it cut?

Mainecoons
08-27-2014, 12:09 PM
I do.

Do you?

The Wash
08-27-2014, 12:11 PM
I do.

Do you?

By 1/4 at least.

Mainecoons
08-27-2014, 12:11 PM
At least.

Matty
08-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Why? The world is on fire!

Matty
08-27-2014, 12:15 PM
Keep the military. Put them on the borders.

Mainecoons
08-27-2014, 12:17 PM
Why? The world is on fire!

And you think we can put them out? Like in 'nam and Iraq?

Matty
08-27-2014, 12:21 PM
And you think we can put them out? Like in 'nam and Iraq?
Not what I said. Maine. But many "experts" say they will be coming after us. We better be ready to defend ourselves. Put the military on the border.

The Wash
08-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Not what I said. Maine. But many "experts" say they will be coming after us. We better be ready to defend ourselves. Put the military on the border.

That wouldn't do anything. The US border includes the coast and Canada. The answer is to train Americans in counter-insurgency and arm everyone.

People don't like that answer though.

Peter1469
08-27-2014, 01:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cQNkIrg-Tk

Matty
08-27-2014, 01:07 PM
That wouldn't do anything. The US border includes the coast and Canada. The answer is to train Americans in counter-insurgency and arm everyone.

People don't like that answer though.

i am already armed to the teeth. You cannot buy ammo though so what will you shoot? Spitballs?

The Wash
08-27-2014, 01:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cQNkIrg-Tk

I would have used a different song but I can't think of one.

The Wash
08-27-2014, 01:08 PM
i am already armed to the teeth. You cannot buy ammo though so what will you shoot? Spitballs?

What do you mean you can't buy ammo?

texan
08-27-2014, 01:10 PM
I have a song but would get kicked off if I posted it.

Peter1469
08-27-2014, 01:12 PM
I would have used a different song but I can't think of one.

When al Qaeda types start stuff here some of us will stop them cold. While the others bed shit.

The Wash
08-27-2014, 01:14 PM
When al Qaeda types start stuff here some of us will stop them cold. While the others bed shit.

Hell yeh. I know their MO. And unlike these gun control fools me and mine will be just fine.

Peter1469
08-27-2014, 01:16 PM
I will see you on the flip side. Maybe buy that Code guy some Popeyes or whatever chicken he likes.

The Wash
08-27-2014, 01:18 PM
I will see you on the flip side. Maybe buy that Code guy some Popeyes or whatever chicken he likes.

Devil dog aint eatin no chicken today. Old Crazy Horse has come out.

Matty
08-27-2014, 01:24 PM
What do you mean you can't buy ammo?
There is no ammo to buy. Where do you buy ammo?

Redrose
08-27-2014, 01:48 PM
There is no ammo to buy. Where do you buy ammo? Matalese

Last year ammo here was getting scarce, but lately there is no problem. Walmart is still lacking .22 and .38 and 30/30. Buds Guns is stocked but has daily limits, and is not cheap. We have several boxes for each gun. If any of those whacos try hurting us, they're leaving in a body bag. My hubby is a fire arms instructor and a damn good shot, and I'm pretty good too.

Matty
08-27-2014, 01:56 PM
@Matalese (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=796)

Last year ammo here was getting scarce, but lately there is no problem. Walmart is still lacking .22 and .38 and 30/30. Buds Guns is stocked but has daily limits, and is not cheap. We have several boxes for each gun. If any of those whacos try hurting us, they're leaving in a body bag. My hubby is a fire arms instructor and a damn good shot, and I'm pretty good too.
I will get my husband to check that out. We have wanted to go practice shooting but the last time he looked for ammo to replace what we have there was none.

Green Arrow
08-27-2014, 02:04 PM
Keep the military. Put them on the borders.

The Department of Defense is not necessary to keep the military. We fought two world wars and every war before that without DoD. DoD was not created until 1949.

Mainecoons
08-27-2014, 02:06 PM
The Department of Defense is not necessary to keep the military. We fought two world wars and every war before that without DoD. DoD was not created until 1949.

Good point and isn't it interesting that this is when the U.S. military establishment was put into the role of world policeman, followed shortly by such brilliant blood lettings as Korea?