PDA

View Full Version : Question for us Vets and you Civies...

Private Pickle
08-26-2014, 04:44 PM
So...Bush signed the The Defense Authorization Act of 2009.

The Defense Authorization Act of 2009, signed by President Bush, contained a provision that gave veterans and active-duty service members not in uniform the right to salute during the playing of the national anthem. Previous legislation authorized saluting when not in uniform during the raising, lowering and passing of the flag. However, because a salute is a form of communication protected by the Free Speech clause of the First Amendment, legislative authorization is not required for any civilian—veteran or non-veteran—to salute the American flag.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salute#Small_arms_salutes

Question for the Vets: Are you going to start saluting?

Question for the Civilians: Would you care if you were at a game and saw the Salutes?

Green Arrow
08-26-2014, 04:58 PM
In all honesty...not really. I'm there to watch the game.

Private Pickle
08-26-2014, 05:10 PM
In all honesty...not really. I'm there to watch the game.

That's excellent!

Rebel Son
08-26-2014, 10:02 PM
Personally I could give less a shit what idiot who happens to be in power at the time does. I'll salute the American flag in memory of my fallen brothers while thinking about those who might fall in the future.

Politics has nothing to do with respect.

Private Pickle
08-26-2014, 10:35 PM
Personally I could give less a shit what idiot who happens to be in power at the time does. I'll salute the American flag in memory of my fallen brothers while thinking about those who might fall in the future.

Politics has nothing to do with respect.

Just like my quote specified it is within every citizen's right to salute...

Alyosha
08-26-2014, 10:54 PM
False idol. I sing the national anthem and stand respectfully while others pledge and salute but it says in the Bible not to swear oaths or have false idols. I want to be respectful of others beliefs tho.

Rebel Son
08-26-2014, 11:00 PM
False idol. I sing the national anthem and stand respectfully while others pledge and salute but it says in the Bible not to swear oaths or have false idols. I want to be respectful of others beliefs tho.

I don't believe in god, that has nothing to do with respect for country and respect for brothers who have been killed.

del
08-26-2014, 11:01 PM
no uniform, no salute

it's what i know

Green Arrow
08-27-2014, 12:41 AM
I don't believe in god, that has nothing to do with respect for country and respect for brothers who have been killed.

It does for those who do believe in god and have prohibitions against creating idols.

Alyosha
08-27-2014, 06:48 AM

So then you salute. I won't. Not an issue.

Rebel Son
08-28-2014, 02:11 PM

Then you have no respect for fallen brothers and sisters, it's your choice. All the ridiculous crap about god and no god getting interjected into things that really matter like those who have served this country and died for others rights to spit on them and act like they are murderers makes me ill.

KC
08-28-2014, 02:14 PM
All people should show respect in the way they see fit.

Codename Section
08-28-2014, 02:15 PM
Then you have no respect for fallen brothers and sisters, it's your choice. All the ridiculous crap about god and no god getting interjected into things that really matter like those who have served this country and died for others rights to spit on them and act like they are murderers makes me ill.

Don't say that to her. Ever. As a US "marine" I didn't kill people for the American people overseas. I killed people for our government's politics. My friend didn't die for America he died because the CIA thought it would be a good idea to bring Democracy to the Middle East.

You let her keep her God and her faith. Its more sincere and beautiful than the bullshit spewed by Bush and Cheney.

Whatever choices we made we don't need to dress up in a flag. We did what we did and that's that.

CreepyOldDude
08-28-2014, 03:28 PM
Nope. I'm way too set in my ways to start saluting out of uniform now.

Rebel Son
08-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Don't say that to her. Ever.

Actually I can say whatever I want, I'm not breaking any forum rules and it's my first amendment right. Doesn't seem to bother anybody else around here speaking their mind, you included. As former military myself, I consider the flag to be a symbol of our heritage and something worth the trouble. Many people did die for our liberation and ou freedom in the revolutionary war. I guess you forgot about that while concerned about your own aspect. WWII, I guess you forget we were attacked by somebody else and had to defend ourselves. Go ahead and live in your own world, but don't forget those who DID die for this country and it's defense. There were more conflicts than the one you were in.

Bob
08-29-2014, 03:06 PM
So...Bush signed the The Defense Authorization Act of 2009.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salute#Small_arms_salutes

Question for the Vets: Are you going to start saluting?

Question for the Civilians: Would you care if you were at a game and saw the Salutes?

I did not salute in all places even when on duty.

I probably will not be where one ought to salute but thanks for the provoking thoughts.

Bob
08-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Nope. I'm way too set in my ways to start saluting out of uniform now.

I told a second Lt once who stopped me for not saluting him that I saluted captains and higher.

He took my name telling me he would inform my CO.

I told the CO and he got a laugh out of it. My then CO was cool.

The Wash
08-29-2014, 05:01 PM
Actually I can say whatever I want, I'm not breaking any forum rules and it's my first amendment right. Doesn't seem to bother anybody else around here speaking their mind, you included. As former military myself, I consider the flag to be a symbol of our heritage and something worth the trouble. Many people did die for our liberation and ou freedom in the revolutionary war. I guess you forgot about that while concerned about your own aspect. WWII, I guess you forget we were attacked by somebody else and had to defend ourselves. Go ahead and live in your own world, but don't forget those who DID die for this country and it's defense. There were more conflicts than the one you were in.

Good for you. I was lied to. I blame my recruiter. I blame Bush. I blame myself for being stupid enough to sign up for that shit. I will respect my fallen brothers by drinking Sam Adams because all those mutherfuckers were Irish from Boston that died that day.

monk
08-29-2014, 06:36 PM
And we can agree to disagree as well...
all's fine and dandy.:grin:

Ethereal
08-29-2014, 06:55 PM
Then you have no respect for fallen brothers and sisters...

Some people, such as yourself, show their respect with conspicuous displays of meaningless symbolism, while others show their respect by actively resisting disastrous wars of aggression that send young men and women off to die for lying politicians and corporate profiteers. As a veteran of one of those wars myself, I much prefer the latter form of respect to the former. So you can keep your empty salutes, your yellow ribbons, and your free beers, because they don't accomplish anything of real worth, and only serve to mask the ugly truth which lies beneath nationalist propaganda and sentiment.

...it's your choice. All the ridiculous crap about god and no god getting interjected into things that really matter like those who have served this country and died for others rights to spit on them and act like they are murderers makes me ill.

Likewise, people who think decades of imperialism somehow serve to protect and uphold the individual rights of Americans make me sick.

Ethereal
08-29-2014, 07:02 PM

There are other ways to remember the fallen besides ritualistic gestures directed towards symbols, but they require a certain level of introspection and intellectual honesty that some people simply do not possess.

The Wash
08-29-2014, 07:27 PM

I'm sure she has respect for the one she was married to and as a veteran myself who is also a Bible believing Christian I have to say I take offense to your statement that it is all ridiculous crap. I'd rather be right with God then right with man. So yall can have your flag this dude will take up the cross.

Rebel Son
08-29-2014, 08:00 PM
There are other ways to remember the fallen besides ritualistic gestures directed towards symbols, but they require a certain level of introspection and intellectual honesty that some people simply do not possess.

So you need intellectual honesty to honor someone in private, but I'm idiot because I choose to do it on public as well?

The Wash
08-29-2014, 08:01 PM
So you need intellectual honesty to honor someone in private, but I'm idiot because I choose to do it on public as well?

You honor people however you feel like honoring people. Just don't criticize people or tell them they're doing it wrong. You be you, let other people be them.

Rebel Son
08-29-2014, 08:04 PM
I'm sure she has respect for the one she was married to and as a veteran myself who is also a Bible believing Christian I have to say I take offense to your statement that it is all ridiculous crap. I'd rather be right with God then right with man. So yall can have your flag this dude will take up the cross.

You guys need to quit defending people, this was never about her. It's about respect for the dead, do it how you will. Drink, pray, whatever, but don't hide it. Everybody ran to her rescue for some reason.

The Wash
08-29-2014, 08:08 PM
You guys need to quit defending people, this was never about her. It's about respect for the dead, do it how you will. Drink, pray, whatever, but don't hide it. Everybody ran to her rescue for some reason.

I'm defending the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Bible is what I'm defending. You seem to think that it's ok to mock religion or that I should have more allegience to some piece of cloth than my Mighty God. Had you just said she was wrong and not mocked her religion most people wouldn't have said shit to you dude.

Make fun of me, make fun of my friends, but don't you make fun of the Lord.

Ethereal
08-29-2014, 08:13 PM

You made an accusation which we know to be false and malicious, so we called you out on it. You talk about showing respect to the dead, try showing some respect to the ones they left behind.

The Wash
08-29-2014, 08:14 PM
You made an accusation which we know to be false and malicious, so we called you out on it. You talk about showing respect to the dead, try showing some respect to the ones they left behind.

And don't forget the Lord My God from Whom All Blessings Flow!

Rebel Son
08-29-2014, 08:15 PM
You made an accusation which we know to be false and malicious, so we called you out on it. You talk about showing respect to the dead, try showing some respect to the ones they left behind.How so, please explain. I guess I'm missing something here. Somebody clue me in to the secret.

The Wash
08-29-2014, 08:16 PM
How so, please explain. I guess I'm missing something here. Somebody clue me in to the secret.

You were quite disrespectful about religion.

Rebel Son
08-29-2014, 08:19 PM
I don't believe in god, big deal. You do, I respect that. You're problem is with what?

Private Pickle
08-29-2014, 08:20 PM

So you don't pledge?

"Give unto Caesar" and all?

Ethereal
08-29-2014, 08:21 PM
How so, please explain. I guess I'm missing something here. Somebody clue me in to the secret.

You said...

Then you have no respect for fallen brothers and sisters...

That's a load of bullshit.

The Wash
08-29-2014, 08:22 PM
I don't believe in god, big deal. You do, I respect that. You're problem is with what?

You told another poster that she was being ridiculous to not worship a flag or show respect to cloth and then made some snide comment about religious beliefs being bullshit. That was not appreciated by me.

The flag is a symbol and that symbol changes as the country changes. God is eternal and never-changing.

Rebel Son
08-29-2014, 08:24 PM
You said...

That's a load of bullshit.

Not to me, I respect the flag and those who died to defend our country. God has nothing to do with it.

The Wash
08-29-2014, 08:25 PM
So you don't pledge?

"Give unto Caesar" and all?

First Jesus was asked about taxes printed on coins stamped and distributed by Rome. Second, the Lord said, "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's (the coin) and render unto God that which is God's (loyalty)".

I don't need to say the Pledge of Allegiance to love America or lay down my life for my friends. I've done that, got the ribbon.

The Wash
08-29-2014, 08:26 PM
Not to me, I respect the flag and those who died to defend our country. God has nothing to do with it.

Good for you. I don't need to respect the flag to respect my buddies. I think about them every day and lift up a prayer.

Rebel Son
08-29-2014, 08:26 PM
You told another poster that she was being ridiculous to not worship a flag or show respect to cloth and then made some snide comment about religious beliefs being bullshit. That was not appreciated by me.

The flag is a symbol and that symbol changes as the country changes. God is eternal and never-changing.

I won't falt you for your belief, still to honor ones country with a salute is to honor those who have fallen. Like I said, god has nothing to do with my thinking. You all have interjected that into this thing.

Private Pickle
08-29-2014, 08:27 PM
Make fun of me, make fun of my friends, but don't you make fun of the Lord.

-Crusader 1270 AD

Mister D
08-29-2014, 08:28 PM
First Jesus was asked about taxes printed on coins stamped and distributed by Rome. Second, the Lord said, "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's (the coin) and render unto God that which is God's (loyalty)".

I don't need to say the Pledge of Allegiance to love America or lay down my life for my friends. I've done that, got the ribbon.

You recognize that Christ establishes a clear hierarchy here or at least you seem to. That's often missed.

The Wash
08-29-2014, 08:29 PM
I won't falt you for your belief, still to honor ones country with a salute is to honor those who have fallen. Like I said, god has nothing to do with my thinking. You all have interjected that into this thing.

You do it your way and allow others to do it their way. I bite the bullet once a year and listen to Drop Kick Murphys and drink Sam Adams beer. If that's not love and respect I don't know what is.

Private Pickle
08-29-2014, 08:30 PM

Yeah... I know the story.

Good for you man. It's good that you have a ribbon and all. However; there is something that wells in me when I hear the Anthem or see the flag raised. It's in my heart and soul. It makes me want to express it.

Some people feel that in Church on Sunday....some at a baseball game during a song...

Respectful...disrespectful...1st always prevails...

The Wash
08-29-2014, 08:30 PM
-Crusader 1270 AD

Because that had nothing to do with wanting trade routes and wealth. It was all religion.

Ethereal
08-29-2014, 08:32 PM
Not to me. I respect the flag and those who died to defend our country. God has nothing to do with it.

Nobody begrudged you your empty rituals and symbolism, nor did anyone state or imply that you must believe in God. If you want to show your respect for the dead by making hand gestures towards a piece of cloth, then go right ahead, but don't assume that just because someone opts to show their respect in a different way, that it means they don't have any respect at all. That is presumptuous and insulting.

The Wash
08-29-2014, 08:35 PM
Yeah... I know the story.

Good for you man. It's good that you have a ribbon and all. However; there is something that wells in me when I hear the Anthem or see the flag raised. It's in my heart and soul. It makes me want to express it.

Some people feel that in Church on Sunday....some at a baseball game during a song...

Respectful...disrespectful...1st always prevails...

Did she say she was gonna stomp on the flag and I somehow missed it? I don't care what gives you the goosebumps or how you choose to honor someone. You be you. Just let other people be themselves and honor the dead how they like.

Private Pickle
08-29-2014, 08:39 PM
Because that had nothing to do with wanting trade routes and wealth. It was all religion.

It was all about religion for the common man.

Private Pickle
08-29-2014, 08:40 PM
Did she say she was gonna stomp on the flag and I somehow missed it? I don't care what gives you the goosebumps or how you choose to honor someone. You be you. Just let other people be themselves and honor the dead how they like.

Ultimately the point of this thread...

Rebel Son
08-29-2014, 08:41 PM
Nobody begrudged you your empty rituals and symbolism, nor did anyone state or imply that you must believe in God. If you want to show your respect for the dead by making hand gestures towards a piece of cloth, then go right ahead, but don't assume that just because someone opts to show their respect in a different way, that it means they don't have any respect at all. That is presumptuous and insulting.Look, all I said was that you should respect the fallen by saluting the flag. It is the symbol of our country and what my father and grand father fought for according to their own words. Just because the country has turned into a shit hole for liberal idiots does NOT mean I don't respect where I live or our way of life. If you have so much disrespect for our flag and country,,,,,,,,why are you still living here?

The Wash
08-29-2014, 08:41 PM

And all about "freedom" for us dumb shits who joined up in the 00's. Neither was the case.

Ethereal
08-29-2014, 08:43 PM
Look, all I said was that you should respect the fallen by saluting the flag.

And I said that people can show their respect in other ways.

It is the symbol of our country and what my father and grand father fought for according to their own words. Just because the country has turned into a shit hole for liberal idiots does NOT mean I don't respect where I live or our way of life. If you have so much disrespect for our flag and country,,,,,,,,why are you still living here?

Go fuck yourself you presumptuous asshole.

Rebel Son
08-29-2014, 08:44 PM

Religion has nothing to do with it. It was about taxes in the revolution, the only ones who are killing over religion are the idiots in the ME.

Peter1469
08-29-2014, 08:45 PM

Not really, but that is a long story. And 1270 was near the end of the story. At least in the Middle East. :smiley:

The Wash
08-29-2014, 08:45 PM
Look, all I said was that you should respect the fallen by saluting the flag.

And people disagreed and told you why. You don't get to make all the rules for the rest of us.

Private Pickle
08-29-2014, 08:46 PM
Nobody begrudged you your empty rituals and symbolism, nor did anyone state or imply that you must believe in God. If you want to show your respect for the dead by making hand gestures towards a piece of cloth, then go right ahead, but don't assume that just because someone opts to show their respect in a different way, that it means they don't have any respect at all. That is presumptuous and insulting.

Funny that you assume a hand gesture is somehow empty while inward self-reflection on how one feels about oneself while feeling for the honored is tangible... You assume someone who would salute would be the stereotypical redneck drinking beer and paying unearned homage to something they can't comprehend.

I also find the fact that you and Wash think each others arguments support your own a little funny...

Fun times for all!

Rebel Son
08-29-2014, 08:47 PM
And I said that people can show their respect in other ways.

I disagree would have been enough. I think I've been fucked enough by everyone in this thread for no reason.

Mister D
08-29-2014, 08:47 PM

Hardly. It was as much about a lack of prospects at home, adventure, etc. as it was about religion. To further complicate the issue is the fact that religion wasn't compartmentalized like it is today.

Private Pickle
08-29-2014, 08:48 PM
And all about "freedom" for us dumb shits who joined up in the 00's. Neither was the case.

Sorry you don't have the market locked up on that racket... That's been used plenty of times before...

Rebel Son
08-29-2014, 08:50 PM
And people disagreed and told you why. You don't get to make all the rules for the rest of us.

So I've got an opinion, you've got one. Don't lump me into a catagory with some others here because I say what I think.

Private Pickle
08-29-2014, 08:50 PM
Religion has nothing to do with it. It was about taxes in the revolution, the only ones who are killing over religion are the idiots in the ME.

Go back to sleep and let the adults talk...

Private Pickle
08-29-2014, 08:51 PM
Hardly. It was as much about a lack of prospects at home, adventure, etc. as it was about religion. To further complicate the issue is the fact that religion wasn't compartmentalized like it is today.

Funny...yes they were conscripted but in the name if God.

Peter1469
08-29-2014, 08:53 PM

Warning: Don't call other member's names.

Private Pickle
08-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Not really, but that is a long story. And 1270 was near the end of the story. At least in the Middle East. :smiley:

The beginning of the 8th to be exact. And they lasted another 200ish years...

Ethereal
08-29-2014, 08:54 PM
Funny that you assume a hand gesture is somehow empty while inward self-reflection on how one feels about oneself while feeling for the honored is tangible...

I never said that inward reflection or feelings were a tangible or even desirable form of showing respect. In fact, I specifically said that actively opposing wars of aggression based on lies and corporate profits were my preferred form of respect because it actually accomplishes something.

You assume someone who would salute would be the stereotypical redneck drinking beer and paying unearned homage to something they can't comprehend.

You assume that that's what I assume, but empty gestures and fawning over symbols are not limited to rednecks by any means.

I also find the fact that you and Wash think each others arguments support your own a little funny...

Fun times for all!

It's not a fact.

Ethereal
08-29-2014, 08:55 PM
I disagree would have been enough. I think I've been fucked enough by everyone in this thread for no reason.

I tried polite explanations buttressed by logic and reason, you chose to ignore them and persist in your insulting and presumptuous ways.

Mister D
08-29-2014, 08:55 PM
Funny...yes they were conscripted but in the name if God.

no, if they were conscripted (anachronism) it would have been in the service of their lord (little "l" :wink:). Most Crusaders volunteered.

Rebel Son
08-29-2014, 08:57 PM
I tried polite explanations buttressed by logic and reason, you chose to ignore them and persist in your insulting and presumptuous ways.

You win,

Private Pickle
08-29-2014, 09:01 PM
I never said that inward reflection or feelings were tangible or even a desirable form of showing respect.

Well the implication that saluting, an empty and meaningless gesture, is somehow less respectful or meaningful than the non-specific, unstated gesture that happens in the ether...

In fact, I specifically said that actively opposing wars of aggression based on lies and corporate profits were my preferred form of respect because it actually accomplishes something.

Interesting form of expression but one I agree with and understand.

You assume that that's what I assume, but empty gestures and fawning over symbols are not limited to rednecks by any means.

It's not a fact.

Fair enough. Examples recently include places like Ferguson.

Private Pickle
08-29-2014, 09:02 PM

Dude...pot meet kettle...

Ethereal
08-29-2014, 09:02 PM
Well the implication that saluting, an empty and meaningless gesture, is somehow less respectful or meaningful than the non-specific, unstated gesture that happens in the ether...

There was no such implication.

Ethereal
08-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Dude...pot meet kettle...

Nonsense. I reciprocate insults, I don't initiate them.

Private Pickle
08-29-2014, 09:04 PM
no, if they were conscripted (anachronism) it would have been in the service of their lord (little "l" :wink:). Most Crusaders volunteered.

Good job...you've successfully "shown" the spell check on my IPad what is up. You go girl.

Private Pickle
08-29-2014, 09:06 PM
Nonsense. I reciprocate insults, I don't initiate them.

I wonder what that looks like in a prison shower....

Mister D
Good job...you've successfully "shown" the spell check on my IPad what is up. You go girl.

Great.

Private Pickle
There was no such implication.

I wasn't paraphrasing the words "empty and meaningless".

The Wash
08-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Sorry you don't have the market locked up on that racket... That's been used plenty of times before...

Exactly war is dumb shits believing propaganda.

Private Pickle
08-29-2014, 09:09 PM

Many who give two shits about the propaganda, join either to further themselves or kill people legally...

The Wash
08-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Many who give two shits about the propaganda, join either to further themselves or kill people legally...

Roll on with that then.

Private Pickle
08-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Roll on with that then.

Wut?

Private Pickle
08-29-2014, 10:10 PM

Funny how must people who join are extremely young.

The Wash
08-29-2014, 10:10 PM

?

Green Arrow
08-29-2014, 10:13 PM

Oh, really, just stop. Far as I'm concerned, you earned that. You alleged that both Ethereal and Alyosha have no respect for their country or their fallen countrymen just because they disagree with certain ways of showing that respect. You made it personal and then wanted to run away and play the victim when you got called on it.

Matty
08-29-2014, 10:21 PM
Do we really need a pile on to drive the point home?

Green Arrow
08-29-2014, 10:28 PM
Do we really need a pile on to drive the point home?

Why not? Isn't that how you prefer to do things when someone says something you don't like? Hound them to the end of their days about it?

The Wash
08-29-2014, 10:47 PM
Funny that you assume a hand gesture is somehow empty while inward self-reflection on how one feels about oneself while feeling for the honored is tangible... You assume someone who would salute would be the stereotypical redneck drinking beer and paying unearned homage to something they can't comprehend.

Fun times for all!

I find it less funny that you think that since you have no idea what I'm thinking.

Peter1469
08-30-2014, 04:00 AM

The nature of military service draws young people. The last 13 years have been an anomaly with older people going off to basic training.

Related, and we have discussed this before, the male brain isn't fully developed until 25. Prior to that, many young men don't think that they can die. They make good combat troops.

Alyosha
08-30-2014, 08:37 AM
Rebel Son Private Pickle

Do you honestly believe that I don't honor the dead? The "dead" I honor was mine, not yours. MINE. He belonged to me, not the United States and he was my husband more than he was your dead brother.

I'll honor him in my own way. The flag took him from me. Patriotism. Lies. Even if I weren't religious why would I want to salute the thing that took all my joy?

Private Pickle
08-30-2014, 09:57 AM
@Rebel Son (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=783) @Private Pickle (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=615)

Do you honestly believe that I don't honor the dead? The "dead" I honor was mine, not yours. MINE. He belonged to me, not the United States and he was my husband more than he was your dead brother.

I'll honor him in my own way. The flag took him from me. Patriotism. Lies. Even if I weren't religious why would I want to salute the thing that took all my joy?

I never said any such thing....

Rebel Son
08-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Oh, really, just stop. Far as I'm concerned, you earned that. You alleged that both @Ethereal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=870) and @Alyosha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=863) have no respect for their country or their fallen countrymen just because they disagree with certain ways of showing that respect. You made it personal and then wanted to run away and play the victim when you got called on it.

NO, I quit because somebody here had the balls to tell me about A's husband. Nobody in this thread did. I'm not a frigging mind reader and I don't know everyone here's story so back off.

nathanbforrest45
08-30-2014, 08:22 PM
As a veteran I will adhere to the standards I served under. One does not salute if one is uncovered. If I am not in uniform I am uncovered, ergo I will not salute.

Bob
08-30-2014, 08:27 PM
As a veteran I will adhere to the standards I served under. One does not salute if one is uncovered. If I am not in uniform I am uncovered, ergo I will not salute.

That is what I learned as well.

nathanbforrest45
08-30-2014, 08:27 PM

Rebel Son, first thing you must learn on this forum is one is never ever ever to say anything to Alyosha except "Why of course you are right". One must never imply, even obliquely that the Marine Corp is anything other than minor gods and anyone connected with the Marine Corp in anyway is always always always right.

Thank you

Bob
08-30-2014, 08:29 PM
@Rebel Son (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=783) @Private Pickle (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=615)

What lies would those be? And who do you blame for them?

Peter1469
08-30-2014, 08:30 PM
Rebel Son, first thing you must learn on this forum is one is never ever ever to say anything to Alyosha except "Why of course you are right". One must never imply, even obliquely that the Marine Corp is anything other than minor gods and anyone connected with the Marine Corp in anyway is always always always right.

Thank you

That isn't true. I have thread banned her several times. You don't have to make stuff up.

Bob
08-30-2014, 08:31 PM
The nature of military service draws young people. The last 13 years have been an anomaly with older people going off to basic training.

Related, and we have discussed this before, the male brain isn't fully developed until 25. Prior to that, many young men don't think that they can die. They make good combat troops.

I believe my age of 23 when drafted worked to my benefit.

Green Arrow
08-30-2014, 08:32 PM

Thank you

Rebel Son, the first thing you must learn on this forum is that nathanbforrest45 is an angry old man and an asshole who goes out of his way to ruin someone's day.

Thank you.

Dr. Who
08-30-2014, 08:36 PM
Rebel Son, the first thing you must learn on this forum is that nathanbforrest45 is an angry old man and an asshole who goes out of his way to ruin someone's day.

Thank you.
No name calling of members!

nathanbforrest45
08-30-2014, 08:39 PM
That isn't true. I have thread banned her several times. You don't have to make stuff up.

I have been attacked more than once for saying something that she took personally for no reason. She needs to get over herself. So, her husband died. A lot of good people died, a lot of good people will die in the future. Only the dead have seen the end of war. Anytime anyone even remotely criticizes her all the alleged Marines jump to her defense like only the Marines have ever fought in a war. I am a vet, I don't make a big deal out of it. I have kept in contact with my shipmates, we were a crew and some of us did die. I am sick of this bullshit about the Marines. I respect them but I don't adore them or bow to them.

Peter1469
08-30-2014, 08:44 PM
I have been attacked more than once for saying something that she took personally for no reason. She needs to get over herself. So, her husband died. A lot of good people died, a lot of good people will die in the future. Only the dead have seen the end of war. Anytime anyone even remotely criticizes her all the alleged Marines jump to her defense like only the Marines have ever fought in a war. I am a vet, I don't make a big deal out of it. I have kept in contact with my shipmates, we were a crew and some of us did die. I am sick of this bullshit about the Marines. I respect them but I don't adore them or bow to them.

I say go Army. :smiley:

There is a big range of responses between bowing down to any group and being a prick.

Ethereal
08-30-2014, 08:46 PM

Thank you

Dang, that is some expert cry baby shit right there.

Ethereal
08-30-2014, 08:47 PM

Or maybe you're the one who needs to get over yourself, because all your complaints are a bunch of obsessive bullshit.

Ethereal
08-30-2014, 08:49 PM

Then you have no respect for the dead, according to your buddy rebel son.

The Wash
08-30-2014, 09:25 PM

I remember you. You're that squid who don't like marines. It's uniform envy.

http://www.stripes.com/polopoly_fs/1.179309.1338702388!/image/794189611.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_804/794189611.jpg

That's a great look...if you want to go home alone at night.Tell me when you're running do those bells trip you up?

Now here is a look!

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/99/d3/56/99d356623962f5b108a9c198266c8d5d.jpg

The Wash
08-30-2014, 09:30 PM
No name calling of members!

You might as well warn me and threadban me, too, because there are three things sacrosanct in The Wash's world: Jesus, his mama, and the United States Marine Corps.

Nathan can paddle his squid ass off to Eat Shit and Die Island for all I got to say to him from here on out.

Peter1469
08-30-2014, 09:47 PM
I am closing the thread for now.